Male HQ

Another (Singapore) Street Directory

IkuTube

Worth checking out this site:

www.gothere.sg

It shows the direction from point A to B by public or private transport, the time it takes and the cost. If you drive, the ERPs to avoid. This url will come in handy UNLESS you have a GPS.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

1. OB, actually I think http://www.gothere.sg is currently more cool because of the "Street View" feature.

2. "Street View" was created for Google Maps where Google sent a van to travel the roads of major US cities and take pictures of the street. You can thus view the street level pictures superimposed on the maps. Unfortunately Google has not done it for Singapore. The folks from gothere.sg has One-Up Google.

3. Take an example,

a. Go http://www.gothere.sg

b. Key into the green "From " box, any address - say 18 Hong Kong Street

c. On the map, click on the "camera icon" and move to location. The cursor will switch to a "camera with red dot" where it has pictures of the street. Place it on the street (In our example Hong Kong Street). It switches to a "street view" which you can then pan around the picture. Should be able to spot the locations there ie Shogun Sauna at 18A Hong Kong Street.

4. It still has rough spots, eg some pictures are not calibrated, it jumps. Some address are not in (eg 18A Hong Street isn't in but 18 Hong Kong Street is in)

5. Gothere.sg is created by some young folks in Singapore. Promising.

Cheers !

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.