Male HQ

Where Is The Best Place To Start A Restaurant?

Hi people, I would greatly appreciate your help if you guys can tell me where's the next best place to start a F&B outlet..??

1. 1 Fullerton

2. Dempsey Hill

3. Haji Lane

4. Arab St.

I am thinking of setting up a semi fine dining bistro... I have been eyeing a location in 1 Fullerton.. any comments or suggestions??

Thanks

Hi people, I would greatly appreciate your help if you guys can tell me where's the next best place to start a F&B outlet..??

1. 1 Fullerton

2. Dempsey Hill

3. Haji Lane

4. Arab St.

I am thinking of setting up a semi fine dining bistro... I have been eyeing a location in 1 Fullerton.. any comments or suggestions??

Thanks

Check this out first :

1 Fullerton -

Have you check how many restuarants there had opened and closed since?

Why?

How your concept/cuisine will fit into the current tenant mix?

Hows the patronage of the other food outlets there right now? on weekdays and weekends

Is it a full renovation or just some simple A&A, total budget - worthwhile?

Recently, there are already a few opened further up at Clifford Pier area.

Fine dining is going thru a bad patch now......are you aware?

Dempsey Rd -

Too crowded now.

And there are some tenancy problems now with the chief landloard I believe.

Haji Lane / Arab street -

Is it the right place for semi fine dining?

Fine dining, someone in the business say, is the trickiest of all food business in Sg.

For one, people are not keen to spend $$ on fine food and the current situation is not helping.

Hope you do all your homework first.

you just need to do your math...

if rent is sky high and you have to charge high prices for dinner... and you have yet to build up a reputation... it will be very hard for at least 2 years...

if you hire a famous chef, you have to PAY him big bucks too...

so what's your projected bottom line?

the ridiculous rents they are charging these days... walk around... any restaurants full and long queue? which ones? why? can you match/beat them? if yes - go for it... if you THINK can... think again... you must know the reason for thier success...

and you must have a plan and a fighting chance of succeeding to head in... dun waste your own and your investors' money.

look at botak jones... they find places with cheepest rent and get their people trained in good and friendly service, and serve huge portions of quite standard food... and people flock there even if it is a bit ulu...

how come?

Am considering opening a ramen stall in a nearby MRT station, just like the ones in Japan JR stations.

Probably just a service counter and a few bar stools.

Maybe with a basic Japanese expat crowd from the neighbourhood can be a good customer base to start with.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.