Male HQ

Any Strict Vegetarians / Vegans?

jase

Guest danite
Same. tough to find people with same interests here.

not interest... more like a conviction... hehe

Fokia... i'm not a vegan either... eat dairy products

• 6 months later...

im an ovo lacto vegetarian for 16 years old...been having it since I was 10.ok uve got my age

yeah abit of troublesome when eating out with meat loving friends , do u guys share the same sentiments?

when meeting new guys, also a bit paiseh to trouble the other guy to find vege food, and some infact were a bit turned off.

but i think the plus point comes when we make out, vegetarians tend to not have bad breathe after food..no garlic or seafood or any strong pungent spices

prob less body odour too haha..

i also read a report that says vegetarian's cum is sweet, i wonder if thats true?

theres a book published by STB ' Singapore Vegetarian food guide'

, it costs 2 bucks from any STB office along orchard road but it can be waived if u state u are not local.

it publishs all vegetarian outlets in singapore, inlcuding those that serve both meat and vege restaurants and cafes. ideal if u need a quick reference ot the nearest vege source!!

theres a book published by STB ' Singapore Vegetarian food guide'

, it costs 2 bucks from any STB office along orchard road but it can be waived if u state u are not local.

it publishs all vegetarian outlets in singapore, inlcuding those that serve both meat and vege restaurants and cafes. ideal if u need a quick reference ot the nearest vege source!!

cool... thanks for the info

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

so is there any particular favourite veg eateries to recommend,from the vegetarian fraternity here ?

Yes my favourite is this place at ang mo kio ave 1 blk 226 market.

their stall name is RU Lai Vegetarian.

their best dishes include the nai you tian ji(buttered frog legs) and assam fish.my standard order will be their soup of the day, hot plate eel,buttered frog legs, claypot tofu and stir fried kailan.

Love all their other dishes and always order 2 boowls of rice to go with!Price is really reasonable and so far i havent found someone who can beat his zhi char.

For hokkien mee/lor mee/char kway teow/ kway chup i reccommend Blk 73 lor 4 Toa payoh, their char kway teow tastes as fragrant as the real one and the kway chup has an egg and goes really well with their self made chilli. the hokkien mee is unbeatable and is as good as real.whats better is their prices...they havent increase since 10 years ago!everything is 2.50 except the kway chup which is 2 bucks!

Edited by handsomechub

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest stiffneck

Hi,

Wonder if this tread still alive.

I think cutting down on meat is good. More Greens, water.. Keeps the mind feeling sharper :)

But sometimes, vegetarian food, those frying stuff are not healthy i feel. It has more oil.

For me, i am cutting down on meat intake.. maybe not becoming total Vegan.

Hi,

Wonder if this tread still alive.

I think cutting down on meat is good. More Greens, water.. Keeps the mind feeling sharper :)

But sometimes, vegetarian food, those frying stuff are not healthy i feel. It has more oil.

For me, i am cutting down on meat intake.. maybe not becoming total Vegan.

haha yes this thread is alive of course..

I concur with you..vegetarian food tends to be a little heavy on the oily side, esp with the mock stuff, about 70% are deep fried.

Well, i believe its up to individual to select the kind of dishes u eat, there are many other less oily dishes u can chose, and steamed ones.But sadly, these dishes are less popular as they tend to taste less savoury unlike the fried counterparts.Largely because flavours are carried in oil and easily absorbed by the tongue.And more importantly, we have to lower our expectations on vegetarian food; dont expect it to be super tasty or similar to those of your regular ones cooked with meat stock.

and yes...you can convert but do read up and reserach a little about how to be a healthy vegetarian/vegan, there might be certain vitamins such as B12 that u will be lacking if u are chosy with your food.

• 1 month later...

Yet to try, but their menu do seems interesting. Intend to try one of these days (soon). once so, will post review of the food. :) Actually the location is not too bad.. rather near from the MRT / bus stop. I do think driving will be more of a problem and must know where to park. :P

Yes, lots of vegetarian food are cooked the wrong way: too much flour, too much deep frying. What i normally do take on the 1st & 15th day of the lunar calendar will mostly be vegetables, tofu only - or so called all natural food. If i want deep fried stuff, i rather go for chicken wings and fries.. <_<

• 1 year later...

Strictly speaking I'm not a vegetarian, I eat fish, eggs & some dairy - but I've not eaten meat for almost 3 years.

Stopped because of an article in Men's Health magazine about food in relation to human blood types, I kinda recognised the description & wanted to try if it really made a difference.

Result amazing, 99% less headaches, less sensitivity to stress, more regular stool, easier to fall asleep at night, clearer skin.

As for eating out, I find that SG restaurant/hawker/fcourt food is quite meat-centric so sometimes when gng 4 lunch w colleagues I am forced to stick with Yong Tau Foo (which I dun mind).

To give myself a few more options I am not overly strict on how things are cooked as long as there's no meat in the end result.

Hence I found that most Korean stalls r happy to do Bi Bim Bab with tofu for me, Japanese stalls can always do everything with fish instead of meat. Also I love Thunder Tea Rice!

At home more easy of course :-)

I'm a strict lacto vegetarian. =) I grew up as one actually.

Eating out is usually a hassle. I often have to search for places/outlets that serve vegetarian food when ever I go out~

Plus I don't take eggs so choices are more limited. Anyways recently singapore's becoming more and more vege friendly! Yeah.

There's always another secret.

Guest cactus

I often have to search for places/outlets that serve vegetarian food when ever I go out~

Plus I don't take eggs so choices are more limited. Anyways recently singapore's becoming more and more vege friendly! Yeah.

Agree

Agree with you. Singapore is "super-super-super" vege friendly.

I tried to many countries (Too many until I forget).

Best Asia Country to find vegetarian food (in "chronological ranking")

Rated Number 1 - Singapore. The best "vege" friendly country! Super convenient! Everywhere have!

Rated Number 2 - Taiwan. Very convenient (but not super convenient). Almost everywhere have.

Rated Number 3 - Malaysia. Convenient (but not very convenient). Not difficult to find if you know the place.

Rated Number 4 - Thailand. Convenient.

Rated Number 5 - Hong Kong. Must know the place well. Almost every district has it.

Worst Asia country to find vegetarian food (in "chronological ranking")

Rated Number 1 - Korea. Fxxx. Impossible to find! No wonder Koreans aggressive, eat too much meat liao.

Rated Number 2 - Vietnam. Beef soup, pork soup...Vietnamese without meat soup sure die.

Rated Number 3 - Japan. Unless understand Japanese and make special order.

Rated Number 4 - Cambodia & Loas. No such vegetarian food like mock duck, mock fish...

Rated Number 5 - Indonesia (excluding Batam/ Riau Islands). Some traditional Indonesia food can be cooked in vegetarian style.

Rated Number 6 - China. Only big cities with nice vegetarian restaurants. Eat pure vegetarian food outside is a nightmare. So sickening to see beef instant noodles (杯面) everywhere, piling up like rubbish mountain especially in train and bus station. Holy shit... all "tiong-kor-kia" loves to eat beef instant noodles.

In United States, Europe....might as well forget it. Expensive, hard to find, far to travel, difficult to buy ....blah blah blah.... While in these ang-moh lands, I cook by myself to save time, trouble and money.

yes singapore is vege friendly actually

i have to literally live on bread sometimes when i travelled :D

I can guarantee with my head, Singapore is the super best country to get veg food (yea...any style we want)! Vegetarian stalls, restaurants everywhere any corner!

Kepala susa siar... eat bread until 这样凄惨。I can imagine that. Outside of Singapore not convenient.

Edited by cactus

Agree

Agree with you. Singapore is "super-super-super" vege friendly.

I tried to many countries (Too many until I forget).

Best Asia Country to find vegetarian food (in "chronological ranking")

Rated Number 1 - Singapore. The best "vege" friendly country! Super convenient! Everywhere have!

Rated Number 2 - Taiwan. Very convenient (but not super convenient). Almost everywhere have.

Rated Number 3 - Malaysia. Convenient (but not very convenient). Not difficult to find if you know the place.

Rated Number 4 - Thailand. Convenient.

Rated Number 5 - Hong Kong. Must know the place well. Almost every district has it.

Worst Asia country to find vegetarian food (in "chronological ranking")

Rated Number 1 - Korea. Fxxx. Impossible to find! No wonder Koreans aggressive, eat too much meat liao.

Rated Number 2 - Vietnam. Beef soup, pork soup...Vietnamese without meat soup sure die.

Rated Number 3 - Japan. Unless understand Japanese and make special order.

Rated Number 4 - Cambodia & Loas. No such vegetarian food like mock duck, mock fish...

Rated Number 5 - Indonesia (excluding Batam/ Riau Islands). Some traditional Indonesia food can be cooked in vegetarian style.

Rated Number 6 - China. Only big cities with nice vegetarian restaurants. Eat pure vegetarian food outside is a nightmare. So sickening to see beef instant noodles (杯面) everywhere, piling up like rubbish mountain especially in train and bus station. Holy shit... all "tiong-kor-kia" loves to eat beef instant noodles.

In United States, Europe....might as well forget it. Expensive, hard to find, far to travel, difficult to buy ....blah blah blah.... While in these ang-moh lands, I cook by myself to save time, trouble and money.

I can guarantee with my head, Singapore is the super best country to get veg food (yea...any style we want)! Vegetarian stalls, restaurants everywhere any corner!

Kepala susa siar... eat bread until 这样凄惨。I can imagine that. Outside of Singapore not convenient.

I thought angmoh countries should have bountiful of them??

Guest Vegetarianism

When i was travelling in USA from LA to Las Vegas, i had SUBWAY veggie sub most of the time. Its better than nothing to eat. Some chinese restaurant can cook some vegetable for me. I actually had only a decent vegetarian meal in San Francisco Chinatown.

Guest cactus

Past by a restaurant serving western food just now. Everything looks delicious... :thumb:

f803ded7d4bce9e64ba0d2a217c71025.jpg

Any vege kakis want to join me? ^_^

Venue: Mad Jack @ Bedok Market (Right click here for map)

Date: 11 May 2012, Friday.

Time: Evening

Cost: Pay your own

Activity: Purely tcss only. After makan, go home.

Edited by cactus

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I missed this. Was having exams haha~

Yup when I went to America if vegetarian you have to eat off the shelf literally. Only Supermarkets are vege/vegan friendly.

I did manage to run into a Vietnamese farm community that served vegetarian food.

Other places depends on how strict you are, since shops that sells salads or vege items use the same mixing bowl/dishes for both veg and non-veg stuff =(

Past by a restaurant serving western food just now. Everything looks delicious... :thumb:

f803ded7d4bce9e64ba0d2a217c71025.jpg

Any vege kakis want to join me? ^_^

Venue: Mad Jack @ Bedok Market (Right click here for map)

Date: 11 May 2012, Friday.

Time: Evening

Cost: Pay your own

Activity: Purely tcss only. After makan, go home.

There's always another secret.

• 2 months later...
Guest cactus

I just went to Mad Jack restaurant alone at Bedok Market this evening.

Service horrible.

Ambience horrible.

Cost horrible.

Food horrible!

Please do not visit Mad Jack anymore.

Right click see pictures I took: [1][2][3][4]

Edited by cactus

Guest cactus

I saw a vegetarian advertisement published in (6 August) Mypaper.

Right click here. See page A8.

Want to try? Anybody want to go?

Non-vegetarian not welcome.

Purely tcss only. After makan, go your own way home.

Edited by cactus

me. Omnivore, am buddhist. Usually went to veg restaurant. Actually vegetarian taste equally awesome but depends on cook. I agree that singapore is super duper vege friendly, went with temple overseas tour before, the worst , so far with the temple, is china. Only china temple food is nice, outside unless u omnivore like me otherwise u starve to death.

Guest danite

I saw a vegetarian advertisement published in (6 August) Mypaper.

Right click here. See page A8.

Want to try? Anybody want to go?

Non-vegetarian not welcome.

Purely tcss only. After makan, go your own way home.

interested but out of town till sun evening

• 1 month later...
Guest boeing747

Alas, a veggie forum for the AJs :)

There are some stalls that I love to go to. Hwa Jin Family Vegetarian Restaurant in Bukit Gombak, Jurong East MRT food court, Tian Xin restaurant in Chinatown just to name a few.

To reply to a thread from eons ago, yeah meat eaters have stinky breath. And bad body odour. I want to date a vegetarian!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hiie I'm a vegetarian even b4 i was born haha

Think I'm a lacto-vegetarian if i'm not worng

I dont consume eggs but I take diary products like milk :D

^_^ 我会好好的等待我的王子出现。。。 :P

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.