Male HQ

Windows 7

All your Windows 7 queries and comments here.

I am an IT dumb-dumb so let me start. Can I replace my home Vista basic (which is horrible) with Windows 7? OK I am so fed up with Vista I am willing to pay. Anyone know?

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

Windows 7 RC (Release Candidate - no more betas before release) has been released and is available for downloading till Jun.

Downloading now, and will try to install on my iMac. Hope everything will be plain-sailing.

Read that it is pretty solid and stable. Mac OSX better be scared. :whistle:

我有煙但係邊個有火。。。

Lungker, go download and run this Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor utility program on your current PC to find out if it can run Windows 7. Since your PC is pretty new, I don't see why it can't.

If you really can't stand Vista any longer, click on the link provided by Chubaholic above and download the Windows 7 RC now. Do bear in mind that you'll have to buy the license for this RC by March 2010 or else it'll shutdown on you every two hours. Anyway, you can read all of it from the download site.

BL and Chubaholic...so how's Windows 7? Please share more in-depth reviews here. Heard lots of good things about it from others but not sure if I should get the RC now since I'm pretty ok with my Vista for now.

Better the Devil you know than the Angel you don't...

BL and Chubaholic...so how's Windows 7? Please share more in-depth reviews here. Heard lots of good things about it from others but not sure if I should get the RC now since I'm pretty ok with my Vista for now.

Sorry..haven't been spending quality time with the netbook yet, so first impressions are-

Good: it's not vista

Bad: It's not OS X

But seriously, I think the best thing about windows 7 is that it is much speedier than vista. They've done away with the useless stuff (like that fancy switching between application screens...who uses that?), widgets aren't forced upon you. My netbook chugs along nicely with 7, which i think would grind to a halt with vista.

The notification area in the task bar is also alot cleaner and windows 7 is a lot less naggy. One think i'm think is a step backwards is relocating the show desktop icon from the quick launch area to the right of the task bar. More opinions later, if any

Guest Guest

i am currently trying out Win7 RC version... this new OS is fast compare to Vista but the only thing that it does not have chinese language pack which cause most of my program unable to function properly :angry:

It appears to be stable, fast, and quite pretty with the Aero translucent effects. I like it, in fact so much that I will buy it when it is released later this year as rumored. I think Apple should be very afraid, since they have always had an advantage in their OS being stable, pretty, and user-friendly. But this is going to be diminished with the advent of Windows 7. I think what is going to be left of Apple's upperhand is only the stylish design of its hardware, that is provided it does not get eroded by the improved PC makers' offerings.

PS I am having Windows in my iMac basically because I am using it to play PC games.

我有煙但係邊個有火。。。

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.