Male HQ

Chinese Tea Leaves (Premium Quality)

Guest MyPictureHouse

Guest MyPictureHouse

I would like to know where can I get those premium quality loose chinese tea leaves ... preferably from those shops that sells in wholesale prices?

I have tried this LONG JING CHA ( a premium grade of Green Tea) and fell in love with the light taste , at once !!

Grateful for your kind advice in guiding me.

After trying the loose chinese Green Tea leaves, I realised how bad is the Japanese OSK brand...

I would like to know where can I get those premium quality loose chinese tea leaves ... preferably from those shops that sells in wholesale prices?

I have tried this LONG JING CHA ( a premium grade of Green Tea) and fell in love with the light taste , at once !!

Grateful for your kind advice in guiding me.

After trying the loose chinese Green Tea leaves, I realised how bad is the Japanese OSK brand...

Theres a tea shop in Liang Court, Clarke Quay that sells a wide range of chinese tea in small packages - from normal jasmine tea @$6.00/100gm to $180.00/100gm for some premium tea like 武夷茶王大红袍

The shop is just next to the Japanese bookshop at level 3.

wow, $180.00/100gm? don't know how it tatse like, i did bought afew huundred dollars tea leaves when i visited China, taste quite strong, don't really like it, prefer taste mild yet able to last long in your mouth & throat

There are so many types and grades of chinese tea available, even 铁觀音,the common tea we drink with bak-kut-teh, can cost more than $150/100gm for the premium grade.

so how long normally can it last if you put in refrigerator?

any ideal which one is mild & nice?

Tea leaves can be kept for years in proper condition.

Some of the most expensive aged tea(老茶)are 50 years old!

Keep in air-tight non-transparent container in fridge, better still, in wine chiller where temp is about 12 deg c.

Hard to recommend cos tea drinking is very personal, mild to me may be too flat for you.

There are still some tea houses in chinatown where you can try several types of tea before buying.

thanks... how is the pricing there? I dun wanna wake up with a rude shock bill...

of course i can go in and ask before the lazy day... but... if ask already not prepared to pay, also waste my time going there ma... :")

thanks in advance

Any recommendation for a good 'cha zhuang' we can go sip tea and have a quiet day off and space out?

There is one along Sago Lane, at one of those shophouses's upper level, can't remember the name. The damage should be about similar to an outing at Starbucks

Otherwise can try this one at Tanjong Pagar, was featured in one of the Ch5 where-to-makan program - Food Chain, hosted by Tan Kheng Hwa - http://www.yixingxuan-teahouse.com

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.