Male HQ

“Silver Hair Utopian = Miserable Lonely Life Await You?”

earthhorse1978

Today got shocked news …. And I felt guilty

It started when I tried to call and wish some friends Merry Xmas (it’s the season rite), and I am a bad sample of friend which due to personal matter (work commitment), I almost rarely call some friends

When tried to call “P” and cant reach him, a bit worried. Rewind me the case when I tried to call “S” during Padang’s quake as I knew he flew there (for a week when at last I got him back online – he was safe and sound)

So I decided called “S” who is also fren of “P” (actually I knew “P” from “S”) and that thunder stroke me in the day when no cloud at all

“P” passed away last week and cremated already ….. I missed the news, not even attending mourning session (Really bad of me)

That’s not my point, what made stuck in me is the idea of:

“Silver Hair Utopian = Miserable Lonely Life await you?”

Why I said so? As directly rewind like old movie in my mind

From my “P” and “S” case both Ang Moh …. Retiree

“P” Case

Background: A young day is successful Engineering, even ever own company before retired and sold all. Got PR in state city, but later lured by next door land by their “M Second Home Program”, bought nice condo there. Financial wise … can live like a king there considering exchange 1 to +/- 2.5

Silver Hair Days : This is the part which I know the way his life style, actively ruled in lots choco skin utopian in his condo. Never ever feel lonely. And some even just few months passed the legal age …. Can u imagine someone that can be ur son? It is just like fairy tale. But his miserable days are during being hospitalized in 1 pvt hospital here.

“S” is the only visitor till he met his maker. And “S” the only one who has to arrange all till cremated.

Consideration : If no “S” than who arrange all ?

“S” Case

Background : A young day is High Management Role. Financial wise from my humble eyes supposed he got enough retirement nest protection

Silver Hair Days :Retired, rent condo which later have to downgrade to HDB. But still sort of “Fairy Tales” as he ventured more than just city state or causeway link. Used to get sponsored visitors from golden triangle utopian

Used to visit Padang often till Tiger stop flying after quake, active in 1 of big chain of Social Charity Organization. Sound active and great days

But actually last week I chatted with his fren “M” who live in the origin city of “S”

(They are so closed even like brothers), actually “M” questioned me before whether I aware “S” start have some sort of financial issues. I dare not to ask “S” directly as it is not a “nice” fren to know so much.

What make me thinking : He is the one arranged all “P” cremation process, if he start dried up, cant sponsor anymore, Lonely days ahead?

I know some friends who are mono happily, but both not yet hit silver hair.

So is that really mean Silver Hair Utopian = Miserable Lonely Life await you?

“P” and “S” cases both Angmoh, ever have success live and $$$ hardly became an issue

But what about Asian or let said Asian, when CPF monthly stipend not even covered daily need?

Any Financial products can guard your retirement nest? Or Any Financial Planner that can advice best way to overcome financial dilemma at silver hair?

At least financial issues settled only need to bear lonely nites. If both got issues for ordinary working class that will be really sad ……….

So anyone ever have others live story? or know better success Silver Hair Utopian till end of the day? May be it can be good examples for us to start think and plan

Just Ordinary Guy Next Door who is fun fearless and love travelling"

The important lesson is to start saving whenever you can. The sooner the better, besides CPF, diversify your investments. Plan it this way, think of how much you can live on each month, and make sure you have that amount saved when you get old and factoring in things like inflation and costs of healthcare.

Getting older does not mean leading a miserable and lonely life. It is what you do when you are living. There is always a choice.

Love. 

P did not die alone. He did not rot in his apartment for weeks until neighbours cannot stand the smell anymore and complaint to the police or whatever else they complaint to.

That by itself is already a blessing. We should all be so lucky to have made a true friend who will be there at the end.

Financial planning IS important, doubly so if you are single by choice, or by the earlier passing of your soulmate.

But being friendly, having friends, maintaining contact... THAT is even more important. You can be pennyless, but if you really have friends, at least they can look over you in turn, not that you be a burden to them, but at least can sit and chat in the park, or even occasionally get to shower somewhere...

WE are all getting older by the day. No way out of this. IF we say - no time to think about it, or don't want to think about it... we are definitely too immature, naive, and simpleton about the future...

heck, it will all end on 2012 anyway hahahaha... live it up guys!! not much time left to party!!!

Guest forever young

That is why some utopians prfer to live life to the full and die young while the dick is till smokin and the balls are still pumpin have as many sex partners that you crave get as much satisfaction from sex to the fullest and die young so that you never have to worry about old age

Great anxiety hits everyone of us when we PLUs get older or sicker by the day. This affects everyone, not just PLUs-The straight old people, married or not, single or divorced. All humans fear death and in a materialistic society like ours, we are not really prepared to face death when the time comes. It can be really frightening experience if one spends their whole life gong after fame, money, status and lots of sex because all these only strengthen your ego and in the end, makes you unwilling to part with this world. If an old gay or straight dies at home without anyone knowing for a week, do you think he will smell his own rotting flesh? No dun be silly ! We perceive that the single man or woman who rotted alone to be a pathetic thing and we label that as a sad and undesirable ending. Conversely, when someone dies with lots of children and grandchildren crying (or playing mahjong!) and hear all the Toaist clankin, he doesn't hear anything either because when you are dead, you have no sensation, no eyes to see, no ears to hear, no pain to feel, absolutely nothing. So n need to feel overly anxious about how one ends - pretty sight or not, we all ends the same way - in the furnace (unless u are muslim or jew!) - dun get too attached to worldly desires ! :thumb:

Serve my fellow bottom men well !

I don't think being older means you're going to be lonely, not if you have close PLUs that you have grown old with. I guess that's why it's just as important to have friends as it is to have lovers. Also, many of us would have partners growing old together :) it's quite possible.

Meanwhile, I think I am luckier in OZ because there're talks of PLU retirement village! So fun! lol

On the issue of 'final arrangements', is it really necessary to have a wake or memorial? I'm only thinking of simple cremation without obituary in the papers and then spread my ashes into the sea.......this is just for me. :P

But who will do the arrangement for u if u have no partner? or keen to do the arrangement for u

if you have close PLUs that you have grown old with. I guess that's why it's just as important to have friends as it is to have lovers. Also, many of us would have partners growing old together :) it's quite possible.

Having partner growing old together in this citystate? ehm ...... sound like neverneverland day dreaming

yah lucky u ... even in OZ domestic partnership is legal, noted sometimes ago they are going to legalized same sex marriage ...

How long have u stay in Meb?

Just Ordinary Guy Next Door who is fun fearless and love travelling"

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked and locked this topic