Male HQ

Australians Strip For Art

LupCheong

Over 5,200 people gathered at the famous Sydney Opera House to appear nude in a set of photos by Spencer Tunick.

The infamous artist has an entire history of similar installations in Brazil, France, England, and Austria, and his latest project is the first to take place in Australia. The work was commissioned by the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, and symbolizes the sameness of people, regardless of their sexual orientation.

Around 2,000 participants were expected to show up on the steps of the Sydney Opera House, but the organizers expectations were exceeded, when over 5,000 art fans gathered to appear in Tunick’s “Mardi Gras: The Base”.

Spencer Tunick’s art concentrates on the thin line between private and public, by placing masses of nude people in popular public places.

Spencer_Tunick_Sydney_08.jpg

Spencer_Tunick_Sydney_11.jpg

Spencer_Tunick_Sydney_03.jpg

Spencer_Tunick_Sydney_06.jpg

Spencer_Tunick_Sydney_07.jpg

Spencer_Tunick_Sydney_10.jpg

Spencer_Tunick_Sydney_12.jpg

Awesome stuff... Imagine the smell of dick and pussy in the air.

There is such iconic connotations connected to the Opera House so this invokes feelings of something massive, forefront and revolutionary. That is also the location I experienced a protest for the first time in my life! :)

Now imagine this happening around the Esplanade.

Edited by slayer

Guest guest

Awesome stuff... Imagine the smell of dick and pussy in the air.

There is such iconic connotations connected to the Opera House so this invokes feelings of something massive, forefront and revolutionary. That is also the location I experienced a protest for the first time in my life! :)

Now imagine this happening around the Esplanade.

blowing wind members and guest we can organise one?

Guest qwerty

Double standards exist on the red dot.

If the same activity is organised and spearheaded by a heartlander, the chinese newspaper will say it corrupts the morals of the moral community , sang feng pai hua.

If it is organised by the Ang Mor with hairy body and under the National Arts council it will be labelled progressive and an arts ensemble will be given a license.

So who will be hauled to court eventually?

No prize for guessing .

• Guest locked this topic