Male HQ

City Harvest Church Discussion - Kong Hee & Sun Ho (Compiled)

amkies

Looks like the almighty GOD Jesus did nothing to protect their greed.

What would they preach now? That Jesus is forgiving and these sins will be forgiven? 

I have christian relatives who preach about how good Christianity is but when it came to money they became ruthless and selfish.

Pui! 

The woman is no innocent, clueless beneficiary. Actually, anybody blind could tell she has to be in on it. 

That certainly seems to be the case. After all shes a founder of the church n has been renamed Executive Director. In court she said shed been working towards "sales of multimillions" for the new album n that this was what her producer had said. What a load of bs! CHCs former investment manager said in court she hadnt realised Hos sales figures of earlier albums had been "falsified". How then could anyone hv believed sales wld b in "multimillions"? 

What sort of planet does this lady think she lives on? Also in court she alleged shed always been under the impression that her album would b a hit because of all the A-list producers working on it, including David Foster. No doubt all were extremely handsomely paid. Yet every sensible artist knows a good producer is zero guarantee of a successful album. Ask the UKs Katherine Jenkins who has a huge career in some countries like the UK - obviously - Canada n Australia. After the success of her first 6 albums for Decca, Warner Music signed her to a 5-album deal for US$10 million. Guess who produced the first? David Foster. And guess who was dropped after the first 3 of these albums virtually bombed? Katherine Jenkins. They just did not sell. And guess who's multi million album was not even released? Hos!

The entertainment business is full of shady characters. No responsible church shld b involved in investing in any entertainment project.

Ho n her cronies were clearly living in cloud cuckoo land. But then they n her backers must hv known what they were doing was not just hugely risky, it was sheer folly. Whether it was also illegal, hopefully the court will eventually find out

Edited by wozzit

Guest Kong Kum

Ha! Perhaps his will now be so shamed he will not b able to get it up to lead similar lost causes  ^_^

Seriously tho, Kong has now been branded by the DPP as "a well-practised liar". That shld help emasculate him in future attempts to campaign against the gay community.

He is not Lawrence Kong, the attention seeking anti-gay basher and PAP balls carrier who still kept his balls intact.  The one now being charged is Kong Hee, his wife is Sun Ho.   I think you are confused.

God is fair, God prefer to help people who are downcasted, insignificant and unpopular.  Talking about hit album, I believe Susan Boyle did better without any capital than Sun Ho who used millions of donor monies.  

It leave me puzzling that despite all the ongoing saga and conviction, KH still command alot of support and nod of approval from many followers.  Does that means these people are condoning his wrongdoings?

He is not Lawrence Kong, the attention seeking anti-gay basher and PAP balls carrier who still kept his balls intact.  The one now being charged is Kong Hee, his wife is Sun Ho.   I think you are confused.

You are quite correct. Pls see my post #944.

Talking about hit album, I believe Susan Boyle did better without any capital than Sun Ho who used millions of donor monies.  

Susan Boyle has an excellent voice n commercial promoters prepared to put up their own money to make her CDs. She doesn't depend on funds from crooked pastors.

Edited by wozzit

It leave me puzzling that despite all the ongoing saga and conviction, KH still command alot of support and nod of approval from many followers. Does that means these people are condoning his wrongdoings?

Still in denial mode mah..

Admitting KH's guilt is as good as admitting own self being naive and stupid enough to have supported him and the church from beginning..so die die must say he is innocent and it is part of gods plan.

It leave me puzzling that despite all the ongoing saga and conviction, KH still command alot of support and nod of approval from many followers.  Does that means these people are condoning his wrongdoings?

Don't need to be puzzle, just stay away from these stupid people ! 

“This protracted season has been extremely difficult, not just for the six, but also for all their families and friends, as well as for our congregation ... Let’s stay the course with CHC 2.0. God is making us stronger, purer and more mature as a congregation,” says City Harvest Church's executive director Ms Sun Ho.

is the verdict out?

20 Nov 

sentence out

yeah, should probe into where the bail money's coming from. it should not be church fund!

what's scary is that CHC still have tons of supporters! clearly brain dead!

You dunno meh? Practically more than half of singaporeans are effectively brain dead. That surely accounted for the last general election results too. Not at all surprising or shocking to witness such here. Most of us are dead people aka zombies anyway.

https://www.facebook.com/respectsingapore/posts/1645695459020732

"I read the responses from aggrieved supporters of the accused following the outcome of the CHC trial.

Sun Ho is calling this a further test by God. City News says the accused "loved CHC, were motivated by Cultural Mandate, believed in the Crossover Project and were convinced that what they did was morally permissible". Some CHC members said the accused had "good intentions" but had simply used "methods not directly abiding with the law, in the judge's opinion."

The common thread appears to be this: The accused had a pure motive and did what they did in the name of and for the glory of God. In so doing, they may have violated the laws of man. But they did not violate the laws of God. And that is what matters.

This is dangerous. And it underscores a deeper, perennial problem with religious extremism and blinded religious devotion in society.

You may believe that God is supreme. But just because something is done by a human with the best of intentions in the name of God doesn't thereby make it right. A religious zealot harming innocents via holy wars, suicide bomb attacks and passenger plane missiles also says he does it with a pure motive for his God. Why would you condemn the said zealot and his reasoning but yet see nothing wrong with others who harm people by falsifying accounts, cheating and defrauding, also in the name of their God?

There is a lot less discrepancy in principle between the laws of God (or your interpretation of the same) and the laws of man than you think. Or between religious ethics and legal ethics for that matter. And we are not dealing with some minor infraction of some technical or procedural law here. It's criminal. Once we start justifying what people do and the harm that society suffers in the name of faith, we start walking down this very dangerous, very slippery slope.

Support the accused as friends, people or fellow Christians who have gone astray if you must. But please don't excuse what they did or exonerate them because (they say) they did it in the name of God."

It is called Stockholme's Syndrome

It seems a lot of weak-minded people here are afflicted with that mental condition. They need serious help and therapy anyway, for being that naive and that easily manipulated. Many of such people become blind when the religious card is played and doesn't help singapore's education system doesn't nurture critical thinking or encourage questioning of authority and status quo. 这一切冤孽都是注定和必然会发生的。

All sinners make sins. Why the sinners insist their act of sins in the name of The God? In this world of satan, beware of false teachings. I will never believe in people claiming "in the name of The God". Temptation, greed and money are the act of devil. Sinners are all subjected to all these temptations. The God never asks for a luxurios temple. The God never needs money from people. All these comes from sinners demand.

Guest Just Treatment

She's not been charged or convicted.  Remember, under Singapore law, you are innocent until proven guilty.  So what's with all these unwarranted namecalling of Sun Ho?

it's called JUSTICE.  They must pursue the matter further and bring Sun to justice.  Let her serve jail sentence and she can do her MTV behind bars.  Inmates can all be her dancers.  She can also sing them church songs.  So sweet and meaningful.  This will be her true calling.

Guest Unbelievable

No point arguing, God already knew their motive before Sun Ho and Kong Hee even knew it.   If these pastors dare to swear by the name of "GOD" that they are honest, and turned out to be a crook, do donors still believe what came out of their mouth?

Let us review her degrading MTVs and answer this multi-million question - What is SO religious about these videos?  Is it........

(1) The lyrics (2) Her dance moves  (3) Her dressing

Argghhh...... I am feeling hot.................

China-Wine-Geisha-Sun-Ho-Lesbian-Dancing

article-2449010-1895A6AD00000578-338_634

Fanning myself with my legs wide open.........

article-2449010-1895A6A700000578-57_634x

Want a milk shake:

sun.jpg

Listen to what my fan said:

lakewood-c3-phil-pringle-sun-ho-israel-h

How do I sell records?

1fgxi1.jpg

I read her statement, and I got strong nausea.

She and the others were found guilty, and for valid reasons.

In her whole blabber there is not a single word of repentance, of being sorry.  Instead she feels "disappointed".

And immediately she talks about their lawyers who are studying the sentence and will give legal advice.

Since the scandal broke out they have been placing their faith in God, trusting that he will place the outcome for their good.

It seems that her God will place it for the good of their well paid lawyers, against their suckers in their congregation.

She calls for more loving of God and loving of one another.

(yet these low-lives are so upset when we love one another)

She and husband are "humbled" by the tremendous outpouring of love and support.  (she seems to see only the positive writings about her...)

Ohhhh.... they are not "humbled" by being found guilty and having been unmasked as crooks ???

It's sad to see how low-class these people are,

but the good thing is that everybody sees it, and hopefully people will stay away from their religious business.

I don't entirely agree, based on my own experiences with them.

Many of them know what's going on. Perhaps not the issues in court, but that everything there is $$$. The folks are there for networking, business sourcing, contact making etc. One of those who tried to evangelise me stated bluntly, as long as I can get the pastor to mention my biz, I would be swarmed with so much business I wouldn't be able to cope. Think of the seduction that would be to business owners, or jobs that require massive contact lists like RE agents, insurance agents etc.

What about those who are there hunting for husbands/wives, relationships and no strings attached encounters? I'm sure there are just as many! They probably look at offerings and tiths as club membership fee!

What about those who are there hunting for husbands/wives, relationships and no strings attached encounters? I'm sure there are just as many! They probably look at offerings and tiths as club membership fee!

HELLO... missing the point... it doesn't matter what reasons anyone joins CHC... the money still goes to fund these crooks' luxurious lifestyle! and that would make these members moron too!

dear current CHC members, its not too late. wake up! clear your head! there are many, better places to cater for your spiritual needs.

so like what u said... CHC is not a place of religious dwelling but a SLEAZLY DEN for commercial networking and cheap hookups!

Edited by mith

I don't entirely agree, based on my own experiences with them.

Many of them know what's going on. Perhaps not the issues in court, but that everything there is $$$. The folks are there for networking, business sourcing, contact making etc. One of those who tried to evangelise me stated bluntly, as long as I can get the pastor to mention my biz, I would be swarmed with so much business I wouldn't be able to cope. Think of the seduction that would be to business owners, or jobs that require massive contact lists like RE agents, insurance agents etc.

HELLO... missing the point... it doesn't matter what reasons anyone joins CHC... the money still goes to fund these crooks' luxurious lifestyle! and that would make these members moron too!

dear current CHC members, its not too late. wake up! clear your head! there are many, better places to cater for your spiritual needs.

so like what u said... CHC is not a place of religious dwelling but a SLEAZLY DEN for commercial networking and cheap hookups!

I think there is really nowhere else in this galaxy where such a large group of people can be abused and misused and lied to, and yet still happily support all those people who do so to them, either politically or religiously. What is happening to us? What HAS happened to us? This is really the real life George Orwell's "Animal Farm" in the making. Sadly frightening. 

I think there is really nowhere else in this galaxy where such a large group of people can be abused and misused and lied to, and yet still happily support all those people who do so to them, either politically or religiously. What is happening to us? What HAS happened to us? This is really the real life George Orwell's "Animal Farm" in the making. Sadly frightening. 

well said.... just like in the books, these die-hard CHC supporters are the animals RULED by PIGS! 

I think there is really nowhere else in this galaxy where such a large group of people can be abused and misused and lied to, and yet still happily support all those people who do so to them, either politically or religiously. What is happening to us? What HAS happened to us? This is really the real life George Orwell's "Animal Farm" in the making. Sadly frightening.

It's all posh/sleek marketing/packaging and glibness of tongue aka everything done for god. Coupled with high production values, emotional pandering, guilt tripping, capitalism+materialism ideological appeals, validations, opportunities and promises, people's hearts, minds and souls are sold and taken (together with their monies) with no apologies.

May I ask our Christian friends why must you join the City Harvest? Is it possible to go to other churches as well? Like the Muslims in Singapore we can just go to the mosques either in Bedok or in Jurong as there are no difference.

Because only some are determined to bring you to the place where God knows where.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven%27s_Gate_(religious_group)

https://www.google.com/search?q=religious+mass+suicide

I am where I am because of Pastor Kong, Sun, and the amazing leadership who has stepped up to every challenge thrown their way, be it answering God's cultural mandate, or taking on the challenge of building a church without walls, finding a hurt and heal it, finding a need and meet it...

Pastor, you have ministered to us, week after week. Even in thr toughest of times, your main concern has always been for the church. A lesser man would have crumbled. You ever said to a church brother/sister in their difficult times: You take a rest. Let Pastor do the praying and fasting. So similarly, Pastor, now let us do the praying for you.

No words or actions can ever repay what you and the leadership have done for the church. We will always regard the leadership as our church leadership. We love you Pastor, you will always be our pastor.

Guest Harvest or Harvested

We easily go by the assumption that "even if one is stupid, a big group can't be stupid at the same time right?" and that is precisely why it is totally possible to bluff a big group, or even a whole generation, if one knows how to play out the dynamics. Many cult group leaders are capable of doing that, they know what's the big group (herd mentality) and manipulated it.

Other dynamics include pride, purpose, nobility, cause...all ca be played out in the great name of charity, religion or self-ego.

That's why many a times "love is blind"...we all have many blind spots that we can't see. But whoever can see them can manipulate them without us consciously knowing...

One of the essential problems of these spin-off churches - n thats precisely what they r, spin offs - is they take 1 sentence or even just 1 phrase fm the gospels n then base their entire "church" on that. Everything else become secondary.

In her bio on the CHC website Sun Ho clearly states her starting point is  Mark 4:35, where Jesus says to His disciples, “Let us cross over to the other side.” This silly misguided lady takes this to be a distinct word fm God to “cross over” fm the Christian music scene into the secular pop arena. What a load of utter trash! As if when that gospel was written Mark n Jesus hd any clue about crossover music!

In this she follows the example of the disgraced n imprisoned televangelist Jim Bakker whose US based Praise the Lord Ministry (PTL) was based on another sentence taken out of context from the Book of Malachi. This states if humans hv faith in God He will deliver His promises of security n prosperity. Bakker preached this to mean - to b rich is good. After he n his wife had stolen vast sums, lived the life of pop stars n were then jailed, Bakker says he reread the bible n realised he hd been wrong! Tell that to the many hundreds of thousands of "believers"/suckers he hd defrauded!

What is simply unbelievable is that so many thousands n millions of people around the world actually believe this sort of justification crap.

​Does anyone know what the IRAS view is of these scandals. Since Suns activities were for clearly personal reasons, hv she n her husband paid taxes on the sums received to advance her career? Will the Church be slapped with mega tax demands?

Edited by wozzit

In her bio on the CHC website Sun Ho clearly states her starting point is  Mark 4:35, where Jesus says to His disciples, “Let us cross over to the other side.” This silly misguided lady takes this to be a distinct word fm God to “cross over” fm the Christian music scene into the secular pop arena. What a load of utter trash! As if when that gospel was written Mark n Jesus hd any clue about crossover music!

Noooo... don't you dare to believe she was misguided. So much so to the extent of scantily clad ?!?! If that's the case I would say she's the moron with tiniest bird brain.

Guest Standup for YOU

One of the essential problems of these spin-off churches - n thats precisely what they r, spin offs - is they take 1 sentence or even just 1 phrase fm the gospels n then base their entire "church" on that. Everything else become secondary.

In her bio on the CHC website Sun Ho clearly states her starting point is Mark 4:35, where Jesus says to His disciples, “Let us cross over to the other side.” This silly misguided lady takes this to be a distinct word fm God to “cross over” fm the Christian music scene into the secular pop arena. What a load of utter trash! As if when that gospel was written Mark n Jesus hd any clue about crossover music!

In this she follows the example of the disgraced n imprisoned televangelist Jim Bakker whose US based Praise the Lord Ministry (PTL) was based on another sentence taken out of context from the Book of Malachi. This states if humans hv faith in God He will deliver His promises of security n prosperity. Bakker preached this to mean - to b rich is good. After he n his wife had stolen vast sums, lived the life of pop stars n were then jailed, Bakker says he reread the bible n realised he hd been wrong! Tell that to the many hundreds of thousands of "believers"/suckers he hd defrauded!

What is simply unbelievable is that so many thousands n millions of people around the world actually believe this sort of justification crap.

​Does anyone know what the IRAS view is of these scandals. Since Suns activities were for clearly personal reasons, hv she n her husband paid taxes on the sums received to advance her career? Will the Church be slapped with mega tax demands?

My family and parents stands by CHC, and Pastors Kong and Pastor Sun Ho and the rest of the 5 accused. In a family meeting yesterday they vow even to bring the greatest lawyer from overseas to appeal for all of them and have assured that at all costs , quality of competence lawyers will not be compromised. Without them, truly we do not have a mega church in Singapore. THEY HAVE DONE ALOT FOR SINGAPORE !!!

Guest John 316

1.jpg?sz=50afraid-male-afraid-frightened-smiley-emo1368702998_Smiley_-_Panique.png

MY_20151022_STCITY22A_P_1778914.jpg

OVERNIGHT QUEUE: City Harvest Church supporters waiting outside the State Courts at 5.30am yesterday. Some of them stayed overnight in order to queue for one of 55 passes available to attend the court hearing.

My parents and siblings we're disappointed . Our queue was 66. , but we were rejected. Nevertheless we will continue to pray for all of them, our greatly admired pastors kong and pastor sun , that it's GOD's test on their ministries. Even Jesus died on the cross in a similar situation fighting and building GOD's kingdom.Isaiah 41:10 FEAR NOT FOR I AM YOUR GOD, I WILL UPHOLD YOU WITH MY VICTORIOUS RIGHT HAND.

Pastor kong And Pastor Sun Ho, what you are going to through are the works of the SATAN, who saw you leading the church so well and came to destroy the Church you both have built.

ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

http://mypaper.sg/top-stories/chc-calls-members-stay-united-20151022

THEY HAVE DONE ALOT FOR SINGAPORE !!!

Looking at the 2014 Annual Report, to a certain extent I agree. But we know the "church" falsified the records of Suns Mandarin album sales. How can anyone trust any figures given out by this "church"?

Look further at this "churchs" 2014 annual report. This is an organisation that has a congregation of just 17,522 members! Thats nothing in comparison to the size of Singapore. Nothing! Last year it baptised just 449 children. Lots of numbers n statistics in that Report. But no financial statements n no list of directors n office bearers.

I suspect - n do correct me if Im wrong - that Singapore law does nt require this. But wld I trust any organisation which has so few specifics in its Annual Report? You bet I wldnt!

I cannot understand why anyone wild stand by any group of people who not only stole $24 million of church funds, hid the purpose of their use n then used a further $26 million to cover their tracks! These people r now criminals. Do u know the cost of top notch international defence layers? For a case like this, start at $100,000 n then work a long way up.

Guest Waiting For Your Money NOW

My family and parents stands by CHC, and Pastors Kong and Pastor Sun Ho and the rest of the 5 accused. In a family meeting yesterday they vow even to bring the greatest lawyer from overseas to appeal for all of them and have assured that at all costs , quality of competence lawyers will not be compromised. Without them, truly we do not have a mega church in Singapore. THEY HAVE DONE ALOT FOR SINGAPORE !!!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

And don't forget to keep those money cumming. I'm waiting.

Guest Christian brother

Dear all,

Many critics of Sun Ho and City Harvest Church are saying that Sun Ho is lousy and deserves to go to prison.

However, I feel that this is uncalled for.

As a Sun Ho fan, I’ve listened to her music since young and I am very touched by her personally.

Let me give you a factual breakdown of why Sun Ho should be given a second chance to shine and be as good as any international superstar:

1. Sun Ho is a Christian, so she has more spirituality

This means that if she is guided by the right spirit, she will be doing good work to help win more souls. The world will be a better place as a result.

2. Sun Ho is prettier, and has more versatility with her look

Sun Ho is Asian, and yes, she is Chinese, but she can pull off the Japanese geisha look easily as well. If she wants to look Korean, she can too. I don’t think Beyonce or Shakira can do the Asian/ Geisha look. They are not as versatile.

3. Sun Ho can sing better

Sun Ho has got a low voice but she can cover many scale ranges. Not to mention, Sun Ho can sing in at least two languages — English and Mandarin.

4. Sun Ho can dance better

Sun Ho has many energetic dance moves that are hard to duplicate if you are not trained to do it. She has a smaller frame than Beyonce, which means Sun Ho is more agile. It is the same with Lionel Messi: He is short, but swift.

5. Sun Ho helps people through her music by helping them heal

Through her singing, Sun Ho has helped many people she has met to find purpose in their lives. She has many people who have testimonies to share — like choreographers and backup dancers.

6. Sun Ho can sing more genres of music like R&B and pop

Give her diverse vocal range and her ability to sing in two languages, Sun Ho can easily switch genres without feeling like a fish out of water. She can take on fast and slow songs.

7. Sun Ho can juggle family life and work

Sun Ho is married and she can take care of her kid while pursing her career in music at the same time. This takes a lot of effort!

8. Sun Ho can be more famous if given the chance

Her popularity was reaching a very high peak in 2010 before they decided they had to tone down due to public backlash. But given a chance to bloom, Sun Ho would do very well in Singapore and America. She can easily become a global superstar with the right timing.

9. Sun Ho has more fashion sense

Sun Ho has an Ed Hardy design label that is very fashionable. The trendy clothes are worn by many other celebrities in America.

10. Sun Ho makes more money

Lastly, Sun Ho has the drive and money to make it big. This is actually known as the Matthew Effect in the Bible: For those who have, more will be given.

I hope people can give her a chance to try again.

Yours sincerely,Sun Ho fan

Well said. She is GOD's chosen. Her fame. , body and looks and dancing styles charmed and converted many to accept GOD.

Guest FAILED The Test

And you have FAILED !

Sorry my children, I'm abandoning you all. Aeternum vale.

1.jpg?sz=50afraid-male-afraid-frightened-smiley-emo1368702998_Smiley_-_Panique.png

MY_20151022_STCITY22A_P_1778914.jpg

OVERNIGHT QUEUE: City Harvest Church supporters waiting outside the State Courts at 5.30am yesterday. Some of them stayed overnight in order to queue for one of 55 passes available to attend the court hearing.

My parents and siblings we're disappointed . Our queue was 66. , but we were rejected. Nevertheless we will continue to pray for all of them, our greatly admired pastors kong and pastor sun , that it's GOD's test on their ministries. Even Jesus died on the cross in a similar situation fighting and building GOD's kingdom.Isaiah 41:10 FEAR NOT FOR I AM YOUR GOD, I WILL UPHOLD YOU WITH MY VICTORIOUS RIGHT HAND.

Pastor kong And Pastor Sun Ho, what you are going to through are the works of the SATAN, who saw you leading the church so well and came to destroy the Church you both have built.

ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

http://mypaper.sg/top-stories/chc-calls-members-stay-united-20151022

Guest Henri Abusta

Noooo... don't you dare to believe she was misguided. So much so to the extent of scantily clad ?!?! If that's the case I would say she's the moron with tiniest bird brain.

My dad suffered a stroke and now admitted to Nus after hearing the verdict. Pious supporter of CHC. Today he recalled his lawyers to have the will amended that all his estate ( 3 bungalows at Holland Road and Namly drive to given sold to assist CHC and the team for all ligitation costs , if he do no make it over this weekend. He's in a very lame situation.Pastor Kong Hee and Sun HO has always been his God sent savior and trusted friends.

My dad suffered a stroke and now admitted to Nus after hearing the verdict. Pious supporter of CHC. Today he recalled his lawyers to have the will amended that all his estate ( 3 bungalows at Holland Road and Namly drive to given sold to assist CHC and the team for all ligitation costs , if he do no make it over this weekend. He's in a very lame situation.Pastor Kong Hee and Sun HO has always been his God sent savior and trusted friends.

Oops....he is going to hell alright.....

Guest Blasphemous

I wonder where in all the Bibles out there stated she is the chosen one.

Well said. She is GOD's chosen. Her fame. , body and looks and dancing styles charmed and converted many to accept GOD.

poussin-golden-calf1.jpg

charlton-heston-as-moses-in-the-ten-comm

Charlton-Heston-as-Moses-1600x909.jpg

Moses-breaks-the-tablets-of-the-law-by-D

Ask Sun to work for the bungalows. Sun can perform her signature exorcism gig for your dad. Scantily dressed in her bad taste costumes, she can thrust her boobs "front and back....front and back...." Fan her legs "open and close....open and close...."

Your dad will get well after this ritual.

• G_M changed the title to City Harvest Church Discussion - Kong Hee & Sun Ho (Compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.