Male HQ

Hiv4You

Guest HIV4You

Guest HIV4You

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20100308/tap-325-french-expert-says-hiv-infection-231650b.html

French expert says HIV infections in Singapore higher than France Channel NewsAsia - Tuesday, March 9Send IM Story Print

French expert says HIV infections in Singapore higher than France

SINGAPORE: A French HIV expert from the Institut Pasteur in Paris said she’s surprised with Singapore’s HIV infection numbers especially the over—400 new infections in 2008.

Prof Francoise Barre Sinoussi was in Singapore to share her latest findings on natural protection against AIDS.

Professor Francoise Barre Sinoussi said she was surprised at Singapore’s HIV infection numbers.

She said the over 400 new infections in 2008 was higher than she thought it would be and comparatively higher even than France.

Professor Francoise Barre Sinoussi, Institut Pastuer, Paris, said: "If you calculate in proportion to the population in Singapore, it’s a little bit more than my country in France. So this was something really new for me. Originally, I thought you had very few cases of infection in Singapore — that it was not really a problem, but that’s not the case."

However, Singapore’s Health Ministry said the rate of HIV prevalence among those aged 15 to 49 years old is similar to other developed nations like France — at 0.1 to 0.2 per cent of the general population.

Lionel Lee, executive director, Action for AIDS, said: "The numbers are actually not that high as compared to the rest of the countries. In fact, we attributed the increase to stepped—up efforts in testing with AFA as well as with other clinics.

“I think MOH has also launched six other GPs including AFA to be running the anonymous HIV testing services in Singapore that would have an impact on the number of detection in 2008."

While more people are coming forward for testing, Mr Lee said more can be done.

He said: "HIV AIDS is not only a public health problem. It transcends different stakeholders including the political level, community level, businesses including the media as well. Everyone has a role to play with regards to HIV prevention."

For the first ten months of 2009, the number of newly—infected Singaporeans with HIV was 378. — CNA/vm

Guest Guest

its shocking..going to spa is a risk...i dont want to go suck any stranger cocks anymore.

my other fren frequent spa often and often said wont be unlucky de...

Guest Reasonable One

When you have a country whose government don't subsidised HIV drugs and medications, the number of infection will certainly goes up. People are going overseas to get affordable and cheap generic drugs to curb HIV. If such drugs are not easily accessible, the virus can easily be passed around. With drugs, it subduced the virus makes HIV less active and the danger of infected by it will definitely be lower. Blame on the govt for such unflattering outcome. :angry:

Guest Guest

When you have a country whose government don't subsidised HIV drugs and medications, the number of infection will certainly goes up. People are going overseas to get affordable and cheap generic drugs to curb HIV. If such drugs are not easily accessible, the virus can easily be passed around. With drugs, it subduced the virus makes HIV less active and the danger of infected by it will definitely be lower. Blame on the govt for such unflattering outcome. :angry:

so lame. want to play, kenna STD blame govt...why not blame ur parents for giving birth to u and suffer this disease?

so lame. want to play, kenna STD blame govt...why not blame ur parents for giving birth to u and suffer this disease?

to begin with, it is the govt's fault! and also those ignorant conservative parents.

if everyone practices safe sex, we wont be looking at this statistics.

and why are we not practicing safe sex? is it becos since young we had been given the WRONG type of sex education, or rather perhaps NONE at all!??! where the hell is MOE when they should have given us AWARE type sex education earlier when instead, only 14 year old kids were taught sex education "scientifically" at the grand old age of 14 during science lessons!??!

how about useless conservative parents telling kids to abstain from sex, instead of doing the hard and right way ==> proper sex education?!?!

anyway, if you wan to have fun and sex, you will get STD.

the more suay thing is if you have been good and faithful and yet still end up with STD, i always laugh my head off at these people! oops...

BTW, if the statistics says 400 infected, in actual fact, perhaps more than there may be 2000 infected, cos for every 1 reported case, there maybe 4 unknown ones :blink:

Edited by trevorcantona

• Guest locked this topic