Male HQ

The Best Chocolate Cake'S

Agreed. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb:

Sorry folks, Lana's chocolate fudge cake used to be quite good but it was many years ago.

While others had improve so much, they still remain like in the 80's where people's taste were less discerning.

Many other bakeries are already using better ingredients like Belgian and Valrhona chocolate for their ganache and they are still using flavoured fudge.

The following has some of the best chocolate cakes in town, try and taste the difference.

Choc.A Bloc in Bedok

Awfully Chocolate

The Patissier

Patisserie Glace

Guest Cake Lover

Totally agree with cockbrand. Not that i like to diss a local brand, but they have indeed stagnated since the 80's. Taste in chocolate cakes have evolved thro the years and that sort of simple fudge doesnt cut it anymore.

Guest guest

[

Actually cedele also has a very nice choco cake. i think it is call choco fudge... or somthing like that. it is with choco powder on the top... very nice

quote name=Panda_9791' date='25 April 2010 - 12:52 AM' timestamp='1272127942' post='152672]

I agree with Bro Cockbrand. The Patissier sells really nice cakes, but kinda pricey. I stop going to Lana and choose to go to Awfully Chocolate. I always tell my friend Awfully Chocolate cakes are like Lana's, but without the attitude...

Quite sometime ago I tried Lana's, I took a bite and had to stop.

It was quite bad, even Prima's tasted better than Lana's.

Although I agree Awfully Choc has good chocolate cake, I find their cake prices a little too high.

(For cakes that might be made in malaysia).

Obolo in Joo Chiat is another place to consider, it's quite similar to the Patissier.

Guest Guest

Quite sometime ago I tried Lana's, I took a bite and had to stop.

It was quite bad, even Prima's tasted better than Lana's.

Although I agree Awfully Choc has good chocolate cake, I find their cake prices a little too high.

(For cakes that might be made in malaysia).

Obolo in Joo Chiat is another place to consider, it's quite similar to the Patissier.

obolo has mediocre cakes, and bad PR skills.

Patissier wins hands down, and cedele has got a choc espresso banana cake that is pretty good.

A few more places with great chocolate cakes to share that are superior to Lana's

Cedele - chocolate fudge and another dark chocolate cake

Swissbake - dark chocolate fudge cake

Jane's Cake Station - chocolate fudge cake

Rive Gauche - dark chocolate cake

Bakerzin - they don't have fudge but the dark chocolate mousse cake and sacher is great.

NYDC - chocolate mud cake

Edited by cock brand

Tried the Hotel ones?

Hilton?

Hyatt?

Those u have to order... to me... fantastic...

heartland... I rather like the sweet secrets and four leaves...

Yet to try the ones suggested by cockbrand... but will do so when opportunity arises... not too much of a cake person...

cedele has got a choc espresso banana cake that is pretty good.

I tell my friends not to eat cakes with banana, unless the banana is baked with the cake.

Most hotels with their own pastry kitchen has above average chocolate cakes.

Cove(there's one in paragon, but not sure if I spelled the name correctly), has very good sacher too.

I tell my friends not to eat cakes with banana, unless the banana is baked with the cake.

What is the reason please.

There are quite a few cake shop selling chocolate cake and also cheesecake with sliced fresh banana inside unbaked!

For chocolate cake, I also like the ganache laced with brandy, orange and mint flavour.

There are quite a few cake shop selling chocolate cake and also cheesecake with sliced fresh banana inside unbaked!

For chocolate cake, I also like the ganache laced with brandy, orange and mint flavour.

How about Secret Recipe? They have this chocolate banana cake that I kinda like. Also, their price is quite reasonable as well.

Sorry folks, Lana's chocolate fudge cake used to be quite good but it was many years ago.

The following has some of the best chocolate cakes in town, try and taste the difference.

Choc.A Bloc in Bedok

Awfully Chocolate

The Patissier

Patisserie Glace

Lana is too far away for me but my friends never fail to surprise me to order it and arrange delivery service to my office. :oops:

I have not try Choc A Block .... where is it?

Since I am at the east, I become regular of Awfully Chocolate. :lol:

May be BW could present one of the chocolate cakes to all guests in the 5th BW Anniversary. Just like the wedding banquet! :lol::rolleyes:

Yup the Chocolate banana cake from Secret Recipe is what I tell my friends to avoid too. But their cheese cakes are quite good. Having baked for about 20 yrs, the two cakes that I'll avoid eating are cakes with fresh bananas and tiramisu.

However, please don't let me scare you off. It's just one of those personal things.

It's like you often hear people saying they do not eat otah after knowing how it's made, but nobody actually suffered from eating it.

Lana is too far away for me but my friends never fail to surprise me to order it and arrange delivery service to my office. :oops:

I have not try Choc A Block .... where is it?

Choc A Block

Blk 86 Bedok North Street 4

#01-179

Tel : 64466096

Had a piece of great chocolate cake with friends at this new cafe in 313@Sommerset lev 1:

Chocolate DeSténation

Edited by cock brand

• 1 month later...
Guest cakelover

Yup the Chocolate banana cake from Secret Recipe is what I tell my friends to avoid too. But their cheese cakes are quite good. Having baked for about 20 yrs, the two cakes that I'll avoid eating are cakes with fresh bananas and tiramisu.

However, please don't let me scare you off. It's just one of those personal things.

It's like you often hear people saying they do not eat otah after knowing how it's made, but nobody actually suffered from eating it.

I still dont understand your personal preference regarding chocolate banana cake. Tiramisu i guess its probably the presence of raw egg yolks? I bake too but I dont avoid any particular baked goods.

• 2 weeks later...

Choc A Block

Blk 86 Bedok North Street 4

#01-179

Tel : 64466096

Had a piece of great chocolate cake with friends at this new cafe in 313@Sommerset lev 1:

Chocolate DeSténation

Heard there is another shop along Jalan Kayu just after the Esso station....there is a cake shop which make nice chocolate cakes too...my client bought before...had not really tried it....

Heard there is another shop along Jalan Kayu just after the Esso station....there is a cake shop which make nice chocolate cakes too...my client bought before...had not really tried it....

Yes i had tried it and bought some for my clients. Its very nice. :thumb:

Cheers,

Ethan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes i had tried it and bought some for my clients. Its very nice. :thumb:

Cheers,

Ethan

Jane's cake shop I think , neber tried that thoug hi stayed nearby , cos i think they only do orders for whole cakes ! Awfully i tried once .... really awful to me ... that was like yrs ago though.

To bake & make people happy ... But am i happy baking ? hmmmm I just have to , cos if not people will not like what I baked ! P/s : We can exchange pointers BUT please don't just private me just to ask for recipes ! Thanks

Oh btw , if u into fresh cream cakes or rather "FRESH" cakes , try Flor Patisserie , he is the man behing Patisserie Glace last time ... ( so means to say , Glace got no more Japanese chef there ) , most are same flavour with a different touch. Place bit ulu , near to the old Glace but , just love the freshness of it !

To bake & make people happy ... But am i happy baking ? hmmmm I just have to , cos if not people will not like what I baked ! P/s : We can exchange pointers BUT please don't just private me just to ask for recipes ! Thanks

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.