Male HQ

Yog Promo Video

oralb

This has got to be the LAMEST promotional video (or effort) ever made...

in case you watch the video and has no idea what happen, this is a promo video done to promote the YOG (Youth Olympic Game) in Singapore.

Asafa is a well known runner and by having a kid snatch his bag to make Asafa ran after him, is supposed to, ahem, promote the game...? logic lost me this time.

Unless their idea is any publicity is good publicity (rem the graffiti on the letter box incident?) this video leave a bitter aftertaste.

I wondered what went wrong with our PR effort, personally I find our SG theme song for the Shanghai expo was weak and make no sense, you have 4 of our top singers (yanzi, JJ, Tanya and A-do) and you made a slow tempo love song?

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

You are right. I think as a promo video, even if they are trying to make it look User Generated, as if someone caught it on their cellphone cam, it still comes across as poorly executed. It is easier to shoot properly and later adjust the footage in post-production to make it look like it's been filmed by an amateur.

Love. 

Not to mention you are portraying a youth as a snatch thief? how does that bring attention to youth Olympic? it looked as if the thief decided to give up after Asafa was chasing relentlessly after him.

So the message was instead of being a snatch thief, one should spend his energy in the Olympic game? (and yes I am being sarcastic here)

Guest Gogo

YOG what YOG? Thats your answer if you ask people around the world and even in Singapore about YOG.

After 21 February 2008 when Singapore was announced as the winner of the bid, there was no publicity. The new stadium was initially planned for this event but now, everyone keep mum about the project. Until recently, the government bodies try to rekindle the excitement again. And now, just 2 months away from the event, do you feel any ???? about the event? When August comes, let's see if YOG is another inter-schools sport days. :lol::lol:

I guess not many people has remembered Mr Mah Bow Tan, then-President of the Football Association of Singapore, in a speech in 2004 which announced:

After the S.League was established, in 1996, we in the FAS Council asked ourselves: What’s next? What’s the future of Singapore football? We came to the conclusion that in order to realise our objective of football excellence, a drastic overhaul was needed. We came up with a long-term vision, one that was bold and ambitious "GOAL 2010: Singapore in the World Cup". Many people shared their views with us, on the internet, in public forums and through the media. Fans from all walks of life, students, housewives, lawyers, businessmen, journalists, coaches, players and parents gathered in December 1998 at a public forum to listen to our plans and to express their views and to offer suggestions.

Everyone and the reporters should keep reminding him about his GOAL set in 2004 everytime they meet him ! :lol::lol:

From bearbear

Ok..... the song is lame but its stuck in my head.... Been singing it for over a month... 2 things I love bout this video.... Tai Li hair colour and ANG PENG SIONG....... ANG PENG SIONG......... OMG........Next next hottest man alive next to my hubby OnnOnn... LOL...

OB Note: I have fix bearbear's youtube link...

Recently MOE announced that they will purchase 80k tickets to the YOG. Has the ticket sales been that bad that gahmen has to dig into his own pocket to buy the ticket?

compared to Jay Chou's concert which was literally sold out within hours of the first day of sales, you know what's our youth priority :)

Guest Guest

Gov knows sgaporeans wont buy so they self-invest on own event lor...get MOE to buy and claim under edusave or watever fund they have and then force students to go...very likely u will see plenty of noisy rowdy students who go and watch and make noise etc.

Gov grants fund...MOE use and buy gov event...the money still go back to own pocket in the end haha.

tats my assumption.

Guest yalor yalor

The singapore garment is good in doing this. The YOG tickets sales must be real bad and so, they need to take money from one pocket and put into another pocket. Thru this transaction profits are made too. And, it looks good on paper too. 肥水不流外人田

They will charter buses to bring school students and civil servants to "cheer" for the events too. Take it as a day off from school and office work..... Maybe food cartering services will be provided by Singapore Food Industries too.

Ask - Who are the major sharholders of these services?

Guest Guest

Recently MOE announced that they will purchase 80k tickets to the YOG. Has the ticket sales been that bad that gahmen has to dig into his own pocket to buy the ticket?

Wrong, these are taxpayers' $$$$

Guest Guest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm9-C9dAtuY

Look at this Super junior MV for the Fifa 2010 Korea song, then compared to our JJ Lin's YOG theme song. THIS is how to make a song and MV exciting and hot for the youths.

only when singapore is ready to hold the large scale Olympics game (not the YOUTH or Senior Citizen Olympics).

Something for you to laugh and cheer up your weekend morning .... news from TODAY paper, 19 Match 2010. Like that also SHIOK ?!

Singapore is in the running for the prestigious Sport Business Ultimate Sports City Award 2010.

The Republic was one of 25 cities shortlisted on Thursday for the biennial award - first held in 2006 - by London-based Sport Business Group, the world's leading supplier of information, media and business-to-business marketing services to the global sports industry.

The winning city will be announced at the Sport Accord Convention in Dubai next month.

"All cities are awarded a value according to the events they host annually, have hosted or will host between 2006 and 2014, as well as federations in their locale," Rachael Church-Sanders, author of the Ultimate Sports City report, told MediaCorp in an interview on Thursday.

"Singapore's score was boosted by events such as the 2010 Youth Olympics, World Netball Championships and the Formula 1 Grand Prix ...

It is the first time Singapore has made the shortlist, and the Republic is one of five Asian cities - and the only South-east Asian city - in the mix.

Some of the other shortlisted cities include Moscow, Beijing, 2010 Winter Olympics host Vancouver, Johannesburg, venue of the 2010 World Cup Final, and London, host of the 2012 Olympic Games.

For the award itself, the 25 cities will be judged on criteria including stadia and venues, transport and infrastructure, government and public support, legacy, standard of living, marketing and promotional ability and testimonials of event personnel.

The Singapore Sports Council (SSC) hailed the development as an "achievement". "We are truly honoured to be one of the 25 Ultimate Sports Cities to be shortlisted ..." said SSC chief (sports marketing group) Kelven Tan.

• Guest locked this topic