Male HQ

Katong Laksa

Hi Brothers,

anyone knows where is the original shop of katong laksa situated ? had taken it several years ago and recalled it was somewhere near the red brick bakery in katong....not sure if it has shifted

appreciate if can give direction, name of coffee shop and its operation hours...

any additional cost for takeaways ?

thought of buying it for my homebound mum, at least to make her happy since she doesn't leave the house due to her illness.

tks !

Really touching...

Your mum will be proud of you.

Im sorry that I cant help.

Just hope that u can figure it out soon and ur mum will recover gradually. :)

Boyish, innocent & sincerely --- thats me ~~~

Glad to make friends with you ~

I don't care about your appearance, background and wealth.

What I need is just your love.

总是在没有事情做的时候感觉到孤单

总是想着如果身边能有一个人陪着,做什么都开心

总是想惦记着某个人,同时被他惦记着

我想交好多好多朋友,心想着一定会找到命中注定的他

我想结束自己孤单的旅程,为自己的灵魂找到一个家

祝大家都幸福,也祝我自己会幸福。

----------------------------

只想找一个人好好爱。

Is there anyone can help?

UP~UP~

Boyish, innocent & sincerely --- thats me ~~~

Glad to make friends with you ~

I don't care about your appearance, background and wealth.

What I need is just your love.

总是在没有事情做的时候感觉到孤单

总是想着如果身边能有一个人陪着,做什么都开心

总是想惦记着某个人,同时被他惦记着

我想交好多好多朋友,心想着一定会找到命中注定的他

我想结束自己孤单的旅程,为自己的灵魂找到一个家

祝大家都幸福,也祝我自己会幸福。

----------------------------

只想找一个人好好爱。

Guest liberte

Hi Brothers,

anyone knows where is the original shop of katong laksa situated ? had taken it several years ago and recalled it was somewhere near the red brick bakery in katong....not sure if it has shifted

appreciate if can give direction, name of coffee shop and its operation hours...

thought of buying it for my homebound mum, at least to make her happy since she doesn't leave the house due to her illness.

tks !

If you are looking for the old Janggut katong laksa , it has shifted to the opposite side of the multi stall stretch of laksa war stalls.

Opposite of the red brick bakery, crossover the pedestrian bridge, the roxy building underneath there is hidden air conditioned food court, the old janggut stall katong laksa is relocated there, please support all these mum and pop shops,

I don't know if the taste will be the same as last time, but all the stalls are employing PRC workes all ready. Even those on the Laksa wars stalls stretch

• 4 months later...

If you are looking for the old Janggut katong laksa , it has shifted to the opposite side of the multi stall stretch of laksa war stalls.

Opposite of the red brick bakery, crossover the pedestrian bridge, the roxy building underneath there is hidden air conditioned food court, the old janggut stall katong laksa is relocated there, please support all these mum and pop shops,

I don't know if the taste will be the same as last time, but all the stalls are employing PRC workes all ready. Even those on the Laksa wars stalls stretch

Ya, the one the Roxy square now is the original, with all the photo and writeup there. But their standard drop drastically.

Trust me. I am a great laksa fan, I am try all 3 stalls in one go.

the 328 laksa is even worst. the beancurd is hard, the prawn over-cooked.

the other one, dun even need to mention.

all in all, the orignal one is still the best among the three.

But I really recommend the one at Sungei Rd. I think it located at Blk 27.

each time I go, I can eat 2 bowls of $3.

But honestly, sometimes, they also got their off days, the soup base like tasteless. Maybe I was there when they have a new pot of soup, lack of cockle blood taste. But this is just once a while thing la.

Guest Laksa Laksa

there is another Long history Katong laksa @ Bedok, behind Bedok stadium coffee shop @blk 128

heard that the father pass on the Laksa stall to son now still running the stall, taste authentic, thick sauce, 10 times better than the 328 Laksa (the awfull vain auntie owner)at East coast road.

there is another Long history Katong laksa @ Bedok, behind Bedok stadium coffee shop @blk 128

heard that the father pass on the Laksa stall to son now still running the stall, taste authentic, thick sauce, 10 times better than the 328 Laksa (the awfull vain auntie owner)at East coast road.

If I am not wrong, this is the other outlet of the original Katong laksa at Roxy Square.

I like the laksa at red hill near CMPB... not sure if it is still there now.. hmm..

are you talking about the claypot laksa. it's now at the Bukit Merah Food centre opp Queensway Shopping Centre. rather expensive I must say.

Guest manlybi

there are few katong laksa along east cost road, all claimed to be the famous katong laksa

and i not here to advertise for them since they overcharge. there is one i like, it is located at the coffee shop, exactly the junction of east coast road and marshall road,(check the map) very near the old odean katong cinema and a bit diagonally opp paramount hotel

but i find some laksa in coffee shop (the franchise laksa) taste better and cheaper, one near bedok interchange in the halal coffee shop, i was surprised it was so good when i eat it the first time recently

by the way, laksa is of high cholesterol becos of the coconut milk

Hi Brothers,

tks !

• 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.