Male HQ

Getting Rid Of Body Acne & Acne Scarring (Compiled)

Guest woompyslumpy

Yah the fairer you are, the obvious are the scars and redness. After exercising there is increased blood flow to the skin so the reddish marks appear redder but it's only temporary. To those who like to tan themselves a lot just so that the acne scars appear less obvious, I would seriously suggest otherwise as the sun and tan will cause a lot of other skin problems

I used to have a lot of acne on my face, and I tried a lot of acne products before I found out the best ones for me. Of course it will take a period of times to cure and you have to be patient. Plus, you have to DRINK A LOT OF WATER in a day (For me, I drink around 3 liters/day), of course it will be inconvenient for you since you will pee more than 10 times a day lols but you will see the miracle after 2 weeks ! More that that, drinking more water helps you to clean your inner body, especially liver and kidney, hydra your skin, reduce oiliness and a lot more. 

Here are some tips that helped me to totally clean my acne (and a bit acne scars), I will introduce the most to the less recommended products in order so you can choose the best for yourself, after that I will finalize the steps that you guys need to follow. 

1. The most recommendation:

6806068_320x385.jpg

Neutrogena Fight & Fade toner. This is the best toner I have ever used I my life. It has the Salicylic Acid that helps a lot in killing acne, it maybe a bit painful for you when apply since it has acid but it is not a big problem. Besides, it may cause the dry skin problem but since you keep your daily drinking habit, it will help you to balance the oil on your skin. 

This product is one of the best friends of mine to kill the acne. The most recommended product for you guys. You can use this 2 times/day after washing your face clearly. For me, I used this 3 times/day - morning, night and after taking shower. 

WARNING: This causes the burning hot feeling as I see it is good to kill the acne. So try to avoid the sunlight when you go out ! 

You can find this on Ebay or Amazon since Neutrogena Singapore does not sell it yet.

2. Acne gel: 

31rOV2XsSiL._AA300_.jpg

Comming with the Fight & Fade toner is this Fight & Fade gel. Forget about Oxy 5, Oxy 10 or any tea treel oil extract that you can buy in any Watson or Guardian stores, I tried them all before I got this product and the result was ZERO

This is the best for guys having pimples, serious acnes, just apply a medium layer on the pimple/acne after you finish applying all the daily skin care products on your face, lols (which means on top of all the layers). Use it 2 times/day - morning and night.

WARNING: This causes the burning hot feeling as I see it is good to kill the acne. So try to avoid the sunlight when you go out ! 

You can find this on Ebay or Amazon since Neutrogena Singapore does not sell it yet.

3. Mask:

300.jpg

Most of the guys think facial mask is not important, especially for those who have acne problem but they are totally wrong ! This is the super famous facial mask product that can you help to kill the white pimples on your nose, dry up your acnes faster and reduce the oiliness on your skin. This is very good product and I am totally satisfied after using this. You can find it in Watson, just around SGD12

Apply this mask 2 times/week. Just leave it on your face 20 mins and rinse with warm water, after that you will feel a BIG CHANGE on your face ! I guarantee ! 

4. Mask: 

YOGURT + HONEY + THAI LIME 

This is the best combination mask for you guys. Some guys think it's not necessary or time wasting to have this mask but just take your precious time for this one ! Since it's natural and no chemical ingredients so it's totally good for your skin.

This mask can boost your skin up, make your skin SO MUCH MORE SMOOTH AND HEALTHIER after using this. Of course, since your skin is more healthier, the acne will be gone very fast ! I use this 3 times/week for maximum 30 minutes and after that, there is a miracle for me, acne STOP appear on my face, old acne marks fade much FASTER and you will feel your skin MUCH MORE BETTER X 1000 TIMES

The ingredients are easy to be found in any NTUC stores and less than SGD10 only

If you dont know or being lazy to do, just PM me, I will give more details or do and apply for you lol !

5. Serum: 

main11.jpg

I just happened to see this product on Facebook since they appeared on my Homepage as a advertisement. This serum is really good for guys having SUPER OILY SKIN as me, it helps you to reduce the oiliness (which I found it really does not help much lol or maybe I have TOO MUCH oil ?) but I realized after using this one, my blemish and acnes have gone faster and actually there are no acne after I using this. It is quite expensive for SGD75 for just 10ml, they said for 10ml I can use in 1 month but actually I still have a lot after 2 months+ using it lol. You can only buy it online. 

Pour 1-2 drops on your balms then apply and massage wisely on your skin. Use it 2 times/day for normal acne guys and 3 times/day for super oily and acne skin guys. 

6. SKI-II: 

sk2_facial_treat_ess.jpg

Needless to say, this is the most popular product in Singapore. Yet, it is very expensive for some people and for me also, but once you try it, you will love it ! Besides the high price and the strong smell, lol, this product helps you to have a radiance and brighten your skin up. It also help you to have a healthier skin, once your skin is healthy, acne is not a big problem any more. 

You will feel much much much better after a period of time using this. Your skin will become more pretty lols, fairer and healthier, also the blemish and acne marks will be gone faster. That's why people call it Holy Water lol. 

I use it 2 times/day after applying Clearify serum and Neutrogena toner. 

WARNING: Avoid the direct sunlight  after you apply this. 

7. Scrub: 

l4d7e94e4b1d00.jpg300.jpg

These are the 2 best scrub I have tried ever ! Just like facial mask, some ppl think scrub is not important but they don't know that one of the main causes to the acne problem is your dead skin cells blocking your dirty pore !!!! Just alternatively use these two 2-3 times/week and they will remove your dead skin cell on your face, unloge the pore and clear your skin better than daily facial foam. 

You can find them in Watson around SGD10+ for one product. 

8. Biotherm moisturizing gel: 

13424676721.jpg

One of the best moisterizer that I have ever tried among the branding moisterizer products. This product can help you away for oily skin around 8hrs as they said but to me, only for 3hrs lol. Anyways, it is still a good product since oily skin also need to get moisturizing product to get the oil balance on the skin and this is the most affective product that I have found. 

Use it 2 times/day - morning and night after Neutrogena toner, Clearify serum and SKI-II essence. 

CONCLUSION: 

So I will finalize the basic steps for you guys to follow that really helps you to kill your stubborn acnes: 

Drink plain water around 2 liters+ one day

Daily routine: Wash your face with any products -> Neutrogena toner -> Clearify serum -> SKI-II essence -> Biotherm moisturizing gel -> Neutrogena acne gel (If you have any current pimples/acnes

Weekly routine: Use the Queen Helene mint mask 2 times/week only - The Yogurt + Honey + Thai Lime for 3 times/week - And the scrubs can be used alternatively 2-3 times/week while you doing shower. 

These are my own way to help cleaning up my acne problem and now I totally satisfied with the result. Of course, there is no shortcut for you guys to have a acne clean face, so BE PATIENT ! Keep the good skin care routine and your skin will improve day by day, just like your muscles, you have to train it for such a period of time so you will satisfied with the result. 

Anywaysss, if you guys still concern or have any questions, just ask me here or msg me, I will try my best to help you. Or you want to share any experiences and products info, just introduce to me =) 

One small thing, I have back acne which makes me feel so much inconfident and worried about it. Anyone has the same problem as mine ? I'm now taking antibiotics for over 2 weeks but there I havent seen the improvement yet =( 

Edited by watdehell

Thanks for sharing your detailed regime! I'm sure a lot of people here will find it very helpful.

I just want to add a couple of points -

1) If your acne is bad, do seek medical treatment early as facial products although helpful, may not treat the root of the problem and once scars form, it will be troublesome to remove them (although possible)

2) Keep to a skin care regime that works for you and that you are able to religiously follow, and yet doesn't cost an arm or a leg

3) Do not be obsessed about getting of all the oil on the skin as the skin will usually go into an overdrive and produce even more oil, clogging up pores

4) Sunblock is very important and should be applied daily to prevent pigmentation of any reddish marks and for general skin well being to prevent photoageing

Edited by immolation

I don't really have much acne ptoblems as they clear up on their own.

However, I'm always left with the red marks which I would like them to fade away much quicker.

Does this mean that I can buy yoghurt, honey and Thai lime and mix them in a bowl and apply onto my face before I sleep?

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

Currently, I'm using Naruko Magnolia moisturiser in the night and MUJI sensitive skin moisturiser in the day.

I use Clean & Clear because this is the only facial foam that my skin is fine with.

Other facial foams, including Neutrogena, have caused acne outbreaks.

Edited by darkflame

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

I don't really have much acne ptoblems as they clear up on their own.

However, I'm always left with the red marks which I would like them to fade away much quicker.

Does this mean that I can buy yoghurt, honey and Thai lime and mix them in a bowl and apply onto my face before I sleep?

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

Currently, I'm using Naruko Magnolia moisturiser in the night and MUJI sensitive skin moisturiser in the day.

I use Clean & Clear because this is the only facial foam that my skin is fine with.

Other facial foams, including Neutrogena, have caused acne outbreaks.

I'm sorry that I forgot to tell you since the Yogurt + Honey + Thai lime is the natural facial mask so you can only apply and leave it maximum within 30 minutes. 

Do not fall asleep unless you want the all the ants in your house will have a big party on your face LOL =) 

I'm sorry that I forgot to tell you since the Yogurt + Honey + Thai lime is the natural facial mask so you can only apply and leave it maximum within 30 minutes. 

Do not fall asleep unless you want the all the ants in your house will have a big party on your face LOL =) 

Do you have the suitable proportions for each ingredient to make into a natural face mask? Or can I just roughly gauge the amount?

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

To be honest guys, there is a reason why good skincare products cost a bomb. 

Those home-made recipes are nothing more than a scam for those with problem skin or even normal skin. Some can even aggravate your condition if your skin reacts negatively to it. Don't follow the mass blindly. (From personal experience).

I had acne since about seven years ago and it has never fully subsided. (FML). I've tried all sorts of stuff and nothing much worked for me. Yes all sorts that you can think of. I was on oral isotretinoin about a year ago and that was the only thing that worked for me. But as my skin cleared up and all, I started to feel like I had to bulk up, so I started gymming. Then it all happened again. I started to have major breakout after around a month and it was the craziest yet. The thing is I tried bulking up previously and I broke out once and this happened again. For poor folks like us, we can only choose one over another. So I chose a pretty face. I started my medication and things are getting better now. In two months, my skin cleared up dramatically and what's left are pigmentations. However, this is only recommended for really severe cases of acne and only as a last resort. It's really bad for the body on the long run though and there are side effects like drying of skin lips eyes and so on.

If you have acne prone skin, you really don't need all the different kind of products. All you need is just a basic facial wash, blemish cream and moisturizer. Toner to me is pretty optional. Be as gentle as you can to your skin. All you need to do is just a gliding motion, not rubbing. Your skin don't need the extra irritation. With minimal irritation, I can assure you, that your acne will subside. Wash it with cold water too. 

Edited by Jnatcire

I woulnd't say I had super bad acne when I was younger but I did have recurring pimples all over my forehead and nose for years.... with the recurring big ugly ones that scream "look at me!". Enough to make one feel bad and less self confident when you're in your teens and early 20s. I actually had acne till I turned around 24.

At that time, I moved to California for work and met some guys who introduced me to ProActiv. At that time, it used to be sold only through those annoying infomercials on US TV and I would have never bought that kind of stuff.... but since my friend who showed me his before and after pics told me it's worth a try, I decided to give it a go.

I used to buy all the mainstream stuff: Neutrogena, L'Oreal, Garner, La Roche Posay, Payot, etc... ranging from cheap to expensive. I also went to a dermatologist to get a better treatment and was put on Roaccutane (this is in Switzerland, and Europe) but basically, it's a quite strong med based on Isotretinoin, derived from Vitamin A. It has been taken out of the market since 2008 though (yes I'm that old lol) as it was a bit too strong. It was that strong that my liver had an inflammation issue after a few months and my doctor decided to stop the treatment. It is also known to dry your skin and eyes very badly. Needless to say, it was to be used only under a doctor's supervision.

Anyway, ProActiv worked miracles for me and it's worth a try. It's not cheap but it's not out of this world either. It comes in a trio: cleanser, toner and cream. To be used mornings and evenings.

You can now buy these almost anywhere.

But in big lines, to avoid acne problems or reduce them:

- Avoid the sun. It looks like it's helping cuz it's thickening your skin and dries out the zits but it's actually making it worse. Your existing acne will dry out and go away but you are actually making the perfect soil for more to come.... so yeah, avoid too much sun exposure. Applying sunscreen won't help ;)

- Avoid too much carb... still to be proven but lots of dermatologists will tell you to avoid heavy carb diets.

- Avoid too much dairy products... Do you actually realize that humans are the only living animals that drink other animals' milke (cows, goats) at the adult age?....

- Avoid too much harsh exfoliation. It sure cleans your dead cells but hell, it irritates your skin too if you use those cheap coarse rubs. And when irritated, your glands will produce even more sebum and clog your pores... Try more gentle cleanser.

In any case, have a balanced diet, avoid excesses of any types of food and you should be good on the diet side. It's valid for anything, not just acne. Too much deep fried stuff, too much meat, too much X or Z will eventually be bad for your health. Doesn't mean you need to deprive yourself from this or that, just means you need to eat a bit of everything with moderation.

Good facial hygiene will help too. Make sure you use an appropriate product, not too soft, not too coarse or abrasive.

Most important, don't press your zits... it's super tempting but.... scars scars scars. Keep your hands off, they are full of germs anyway haha.

This is my daily regime (am just 25 haha so no wrinkles yet)

Isotrenoin (e.g. Retin-A) works clears up blemishes and scars very well
You can order them here: http://www.alldaychemist.com
But remember to avoid the sun or youll get pigmentations. Do not use for more than 6 months consecutively. Your skin will be very sensitive and exposed at the start, it will flake too. But not too worry, it's just your old skin shedding. Avoid rubbing or scratching these areas.

Biotherm Homme for day moisturizer
helps minimize looks of pores and maintain oil level. very handy for after gym use. 

8. Biotherm moisturizing gel: 

13424676721.jpg

One of the best moisterizer that I have ever tried among the branding moisterizer products. This product can help you away for oily skin around 8hrs as they said but to me, only for 3hrs lol. Anyways, it is still a good product since oily skin also need to get moisturizing product to get the oil balance on the skin and this is the most affective product that I have found. 

Use it 2 times/day - morning and night after Neutrogena toner, Clearify serum and SKI-II essence. 

Someone is selling them real cheap here (35% off SRP)http://forums.hardwa...le-4555929.html

Missha Time Revolution for the night (cos it smells  :P)
Beats Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair hands down.
Works uber well at reducing tiredness, saggy skin.
Can gotten off qoo10.sg
Edited by tonitony86

Guest Raiden Alpha

Doctor prescription- Three to twelve month course of Erythromycin antibiotic treatment.To kill ance batercia in the body.

Dalacin T lotion. Topical medication to fight pimples.

Differin gel.Fight pimple,unclog pore and fade scar to a certain degree.

I went to a doctor and she prescribed me Nimegen. Took it for a few months and the growth of new acne slowed. She also gave me a cream which, when applied, produces a burning sensation and dries up the skin. Overtime, this took care of (most of) the scars. However, both nimegen and the cream were producing some side effects (your face can feel dry and painful sometimes) so I eventually stopped both.

I still have some lights scars and have some small pimple outbreak (when I don't sleep enough) though no longer that serious. I still can't resist the urge to squeeze them.

Today, I survive on just a normal face wash. Seems to be sufficient. :)

Threads like this ... *shudders*

Puberty kicked in when I was 13. Hair on the nether regions, the face, the armpit, and whatnot. The most horrifying thing? Sebum! Fucking sebum. Back in that time, the concept of skincare was nonexistent. Acne formed, picked at them, marred my skin ... and scars. This sebum thing though, was abnormal; unusually copious amounts of it were produced. I could completely soak up three pieces of those Gatsby oil blotting sheets. Genetics. Yeah. And thus, the acne raged on.

Topical treatments like benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin, salicylic acid were practically useless. Then came the oral antibiotics. Doxycycline, minocycline, tetracycline, oxytetracycline, amoxicillin – you name it. Most of them helped with the acne, but not the sebum. And we know that excessive sebum equals acne. By age 15, pustular acne had evolved into cystic acne. Damn did they hurt like a bitch.

"Meh." That was my outlook back then. Physical appearance was trivial to me, and it was never going to affect me significantly (aside from the pain caused by the acne). Or so I thought.

Bam. 17. Acne was still as bad, if not worse. Then all of a sudden, one day, something—something I still can't explain till this day, struck me. I looked at myself in the mirror. I was ... utterly mortified. The horrifying scars, the pus-filled cysts, and that unhealthy redness – fuck. I went to the dermatologist, and was prescribed isotretinoin (aka accutane/oratane). To cut to the chase, that it took away both my acne, and the excessive sebum. I stopped isotretinoin eventually after the acne went away, and as expected, my sebaceous glands sprang right back into action, pumping them sebum. Yes, acne came back too, though infrequently, and they weren't as severe and were somewhat controllable with topical retinoids like tretinoin and adapalene.

Alas, the redness and scars, however, were still there. It not only affected me physically, but it also pretty much fucked me up emotionally and psychologically as well. Low self-esteem, social awkwardness, anxiety; you get the point.

I decided to do something about those scars and went for fractional CO2 laser treatments. It hurts, yes, it fucking hurts. You can literally smell your skin being ablated by the laser beam. And as if that wasn't bad enough, the downtime, also known as the post-treatment period, was a even more dreadful experience. Your skin would be raw, tender and hypersensitive during the time your skin attempts to heal itself. No sun exposure, shitloads of moisturization, and the incessant scabbing.

But it was worth it. All for the sake of normality, although, I must say, I haven't exactly managed to attain that. You see, the fractional CO2 laser is no panacea; it takes time, and of course, a fuckload of money. Mmhm. I've went through more than six sessions personally, and although I'm seeing some form of result from the CO2 laser treatments, it just isn't enough. (I blame my teenage negligence and genetic inferiority.)

I'll be going for a new form of treatment soon, I hope, if my finances permit. It's known as the Infini fractional RF system, and that shit costs five times the price of a single CO2 laser session.

For these flaws I lament.

Quite a lot of forumers have been PMing me asking where I did my fractional laser and the cost so I thought I'd just post it here for everyone's benefit :)

I did my fractional laser at Skinlab. its a medical aesthetic clinic in plaza sing, by Dr Wong (who's rather cute). i did about 3 sessions and it costs about $600 per session which was much cheaper than other clinics which can cost $1000+ per session. and I'm really happy with the results after 3 sessions 

Let me try to just elaborate on my experience...

At the clinic they brought me to one of their private rooms to wash my face, then applied the numbing cream. The numbing cream was applied for about 20-30 min and left on until just before Dr Wong did the laser. He put on a pair of opaque goggles for me and then will tell me which areas he is going to work on. He will then wipe off the numbing cream from the area that he is going to work on. During the procedure it just feels a little prickly and you can smell like a slight burnt smell but there's normal and is due to the fine hair being burnt by the laser. The whole procedure took about 20-30 min and he was not in a rush at all. He concentrated the laser more on the scarred areas but will do the whole face so that the texture is improved throughout. 

After the procedure I was told to just use normal water to wash face, nothing to apply for 2 days. The redness lasted for about 2 days after which the dead skin started flaking over the next 3 days. I was reminded over again that sun avoidance is a must to prevent pigmentation after the laser. 

I would really suggest doing the laser on Fri evening so that the redness is over the weekend, and he also gave me MC for mon and tues so by wed my skin was almost peeled and looks great the skin continues to improve in the next 2-3 weeks.

Hope this helps!

so it kill the surface scaring skin with laser,making it drop off..skin is light sensitve, thus cannot expose to sunlight,sunlight case skin to darken..mmm is that dr wong from 8 days magazine page?

I don't know cos I don't read 8 days haha. 

It does more than remove the surface skin, it goes deeper and stimulates collagen and new skin to form from below cos the laser can penetrate deeper than other modalities like chemical peel or microdermabrasion. As a result of the controlled laser dmg to the skin, the top most laser where the laser enters from will scab and the skin will peel. 

Guest JUSTrand

I'm not sure whether you guys have skin like mine.

Basically my skin is oily. But after years of research and consultation from senior facial therapists, only to find out my face is dehydrated sensitive oily skin. Dehydrated=causing skin to produce even more oil. 

Personally, my acne problem occurs from primary 6 and somehow clam down during sec3.

During that period, I've spend alot money on various watson/guardian/pharmacy facial products.

Okay, too much info.

Basically it is important to DRINK ALOT OF WATER, EXERCISE, SLEEP and KEEP YOURSELF CLEAN (PERSONAL HYGIENE)

For teenagers, maybe you should stop drinking milk and switch to soy (fresh milk got hormones, your are undergoing puberty, you dont need extra hormones to make it even more imbalanced). . Cut down on the sugar too.

As for facial products... Seriously NEUTROGENA is VERY GOOD. Cheap and effective.

BUT, i'm not using their products.

Currently I'm using a slightly more expensive product from Paula's Choice - CLEAR pore normalizing cleanser.  (if you actually count how long it last, it is actually VERY cheap. LOL)

I'm over the toner stage already. So usually after cleansing i'll skip to MISSHA First Treatment Essence. And that's it.

No moisturizer is needed.

To keep my skin hydrated, my best friend is plain water and sleeping mask.

The best sleeping mask for all skin type is actually The  Face Shop Raspberry Root sleeping mask.

Dehydrated skin can try Laneige Water sleeping pack Ex.

If you all have the money, please go and buy Manuka Honey with a UMF 15 or above. Use it as a mask for intensive acne treatment or eat it for good health and skin.

Remember to detox = more exercise and ... SHIT. Really shit, you need to remove all the toxin from internal too. Else the toxin will just explode from your face.

Change your pillow case at least once per week.

And SCRUB YOUR FACE. Try menscience scrub. NOT MORE THAN TWICE PER WEEK. I don't care what skin type you are, do not scrub more than once per week.

Do not forget about anti-aging. YOU ARE AGING. Use a sunblock. (Nope, i do not use a sunblock. I got ultra sensitive skin. Tried alot of different brand of sunblocks, they hurt my skin, in fact all sunblock burn my skin!)

Lastly, for acne/blackhead treatment, I seriously do not recommend benzoyl peroxide. Choose Salicylic Acid, please.

Edited by JUSTrand

Guest Lunarstone

Since sec 1, had terrible acne; face like durian. I didn't know much about all this skin care thing so I just let my mom decide for me, since she's a woman she should know better?

This resulted in deep atrophic scarring.

Since last December, I've tried oatmeal and it has worked very well! My face is not red anymore, no more pimples too. I still do get 1 or 2 now and then but they are gone by the 2nd or 3rd wash and my face does get oily fast like last time but I think that due to washing the face with warm water.

I'm sad that I didn't think of this earlier as I've spent so much time and money trying to get treat the problem when all along, the perfect solution was sitting my cupboard!

Guest Lunarstone

explain how this oatmeal thingie is what? explain details^^ please

I found it through bubzbeauty on YouTube.

Basically, you take a bunch of oatmeal and run it through warm water. The key is to make it saturated else it'll feel very scratchy and painful.

It's the white milky liquid from the oatmeal that contains those saponins. The solid oatmeal itself just exfoliates.

I used to think rubbing the oatmeal itself would clean the skin but it's the white stuff that does it.

I personally like to grind it using a mortar and pestle to make it finer else it'll clog your drain.

Very cheap! Can buy from NTUC, the house brand I think costs around $3.45 for 1kg.

Edited by Lunarstone

Guest Lunarstone

thanks,,so i juice the liqiuid for the oat meal will do^^i dun want scratch my face^^

Hmm, actually when properly saturated it shouldn't be scratchy. Even less if pounded/grinded.

Gentle exfoliation.

I did struggle with acne once due to the wrong usage of products. I thought i had oily skin so i used things that promised oil control and a deep cleanse. That just made my skin more dry on the inside, yet still oily on the outside, which is the worst thing you will ever have so don't ever make that mistake.

Rule of thumb : always cleanse and moisturize immediately afterwards. toning is not necessary but getting one with oil control for oily skin is good as long as its gentle. Serums with added benefits are good too.

Remember, using less products may be better, and more scrubbing does not scrub off acne.

Go simple with your product with less harsh chemicals, opt for me ingredients that soothe your skin. 

Benzoyl peroxide might be good at drying zits but it also causes the redness to last longer. Use with caution.

Exfoliation is important and if you think a physical exfoliant(scrubs) are too harsh, opt for chemical exfoliants like Paula's choice 2% BHA gel which exfoliates by just application.

Products i used are all from the acne line from The Skin Pharmacy in Nex and J cube. Even through BMT i used all their products and i must say i dont break out much despite being under the sun and marching and doing live shooting and stuff. My skin was significant better during BMT which could also be because we slept so early and drank so much water which leads to my next point.

Sleeping early and water is important too. Hydration is key even for oily skin. Just be gentle to your skin and it should thank you with less acne soon.

Good luck.

not sure how much this helps cause i am not sure if they will ship to singapore but i highly reccommend it:

http://www.clearandsmoothskin.com/shop/

i used to have horrible acne, which sorta runs in my family. i even used to be called "pimple mountain". started using it around middle school. this stuff changed my life. without it, i would probably be living with horrible acne scars instead of the relatively healthy skin i have now. granted, i still have bad breakouts but they never last long or leave lingering scars.

I started getting acne around my neck just recently and I still don't know the cause of it , but what I know that really helped with the redness and 'bumps' is applying tea tree oil to the acne area . After 1-2 days , the redness subsided quite a lot although the bumps are still apparent . I've been applying it on off for about two months and most of the acne's already gone .

i been struggling with acne since 13. Now 24.

Sometimes it's an overproduction of Sebum coupled with pinching of that oil pipe that prevents our sebum from moving outwards. You can read about more in Wai Diet.

For scarring, best way to prevention. No point doing scar management if acne is there.

Diet is key. Can't overstate it. For me when I eat cooked proteins or high amount of proteins, I will get acne. Now I have it under control with small pimples. Compared to the cystic ones I had, it's a day and night difference.

After you had your acne controlled.

1. Use Dermaroller OR

2. Dermastamp

Google for more information. Scars basically are formed by scar tissues tethering to past wounds causing a rough surface. By inserting needles and destroying those tethers, a smoother surface is possible. I did it for 3 sessions now. My skin looks noticeably improved.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JUSTrand

i been struggling with acne since 13. Now 24.

Sometimes it's an overproduction of Sebum coupled with pinching of that oil pipe that prevents our sebum from moving outwards. You can read about more in Wai Diet.

For scarring, best way to prevention. No point doing scar management if acne is there.

Diet is key. Can't overstate it. For me when I eat cooked proteins or high amount of proteins, I will get acne. Now I have it under control with small pimples. Compared to the cystic ones I had, it's a day and night difference.

After you had your acne controlled.

1. Use Dermaroller OR

2. Dermastamp

Google for more information. Scars basically are formed by scar tissues tethering to past wounds causing a rough surface. By inserting needles and destroying those tethers, a smoother surface is possible. I did it for 3 sessions now. My skin looks noticeably improved.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

I have thoughts of trying dermaroller.. But havent found the perfect serum yet. Have been thinking to choose Vitamin C or vitamin E.

I use Retina A 0.25 or 0.5 on my whole face alternate nights. My acne is under control and my skin looks really great:):) All my friends notice and people I do not know, often compliment my skin:):) U can try getting from National Skin Center...about $38/- for a tube but also must pay for consultation. Now I get my supplies from JB. Much cheaper. Warning...while using this product DO NOT GO UNDER SUN FOR SPORTS OR TAN!

I use Retina A 0.25 or 0.5 on my whole face alternate nights. My acne is under control and my skin looks really great:) :) All my friends notice and people I do not know, often compliment my skin:) :) U can try getting from National Skin Center...about $38/- for a tube but also must pay for consultation. Now I get my supplies from JB. Much cheaper. Warning...while using this product DO NOT GO UNDER SUN FOR SPORTS OR TAN!

Bro, can help me to buy... i dont want pay the consultantion fee lol.

• 1 month later...

I use Retina A 0.25 or 0.5 on my whole face alternate nights. My acne is under control and my skin looks really great:) :) All my friends notice and people I do not know, often compliment my skin:) :) U can try getting from National Skin Center...about $38/- for a tube but also must pay for consultation. Now I get my supplies from JB. Much cheaper. Warning...while using this product DO NOT GO UNDER SUN FOR SPORTS OR TAN!

Yup you're right! Retin A is good for the skin, especially acne prone skin but it does make the skin a little drier and definitely more sensitive to sunlight

Fractional CO2 laser is still the best technology out there for acne scarring, I did 3 times and my scars improved remarkably :)

• 4 weeks later...

I went for fractional CO2 too

After being through NS (and bad sunburns in Phuket and Maldives), the pain is nothing really .

During the process, its just prickly ant bites each time the doc presses the gun. Some you can't even feel. You smell burning from the very first click.

After the procedure the effect starts to come in as it starts to set as a small tingling sensation, then a minty prickly feeling, then become a full blown sun burn. The skin looks like it has been with printed with a mini dot matrix printer, the entire face looks rawish and some regions literally blackened and burnt if they needed more work, no not that hair as immolation said, but the skin itself.

I bought many stuff that they tried to soft sell me after (Yes I'm a rich ass). I've gotten a mask, its a fibre mask made of gelatin like structure, help up by two pieces of normal mask which u r suppose to peel off one side, slap it on your face, and peel off the other side (Duh). I think I left it too long and it kinda dried on my skin. Those places that adhere to your skin properly became almost transparent and became strangely like part of your skin. I wet it a little and pulled it off. but the redness is gone, but the contraction cause a few small spots on breaking of the skin causing it to bled a little.

Guest Guest

products that use herbal remedies like tea tree, camomile supposed to calm acnes may only help a bit but are not as effective as using chemical like benz peroxide.

to me, i dont get suck into those teatree cos it doesnt work.

yup. natural remedies dont work. lets be real.

only chemicals and medications work.

glad you went for the fractional co2 laser!

any positive results from it so far to share? :)

acne scarring is such a common problem that we should really raise the awareness that it can be successfully improved nowadays

I also had my nose bridge injected with fillers after the fractional laser and I am loving it :D

Guest cousiinjack

Creams etc are treating the symptoms.  If you want to get rid of it you must treat the cause.  the cause is a bacteria that gets on the face, gets under the skin then incubates for 90 days before appearing as acne on the surface.

My nephew came from NE Thailand to study in Aust and live with us.  He had mild acne and lost confidence mixing with people.     We got it cleared up within 10 months.  here is what we did.

1 Washed down everything in his bedroom with an anti bacterial solution.  ie walls windows, wardrobes, trinkets, lights etc to remove bacteria so that when he touches anything then his body there is no re infection. during the 90 day incubation cycles. 

2 wash all the bedding linen blankets etc and all his cloths by adding anti bacterial washing agents.  ie Napi san used for washing shitty nappies.

each week just repeat above except the blankets.

3 got a new pillow

4 after a shower apply a light coating of SAVLON  antiseptic cream so that if your skin comes into contact with bacteria the cream will kill it.  It will help kill of any bacteria with existing acne. The purpose is to stop the bacteria getting under the shin, incubating and reappearing in 90 days.

5 Common areas in the house that he could touch i  washed in a antibacterial solution from Napi san.  you can get sprays for bench tops etc.  Pay attention to door knobs, phones, remote controls etc.

what happened

Dont expect much in the first 90 days because all those previous infections before you started treatment will come to the surface as acne.    Maybe after 31/2  to 4 months you may start to see less acne. Thats because you have cut off the sources of infection on the 90 day cycle.

After 6 months there was a big improvemnt and after 9 months it was gone.  I kept the anti bacterial regime with the cloths washing and house cleaning going for 10 months to be safe..   NO further problems

So there you are a cheap easy to do fix for acne.  Its just a matter being disciplned and keep your guard up against bacteria as you go through each 90 day cycle. Let the bacteria through and you got to start the 90 day cycle again.  Thats why you may have to do at least 3,4 or more cycles

Hope it saves you a few dollars as well.

• 3 months later...

I recently found out that Murad's acne body wash and clarifying body spray to be effective. After ard 2 weeks of 'purging period' my skin starts to become smoother and the scars starts to heal. Slightly on the expensive side nevertheless still worth the price.

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic