Male HQ

Gym In Tampines

gardersecret

hi all..

need ur help. i'm thinking of joining a gym somewhere in tampines. i'm thinking of losing weight so yeap.

anyway ideas on where to look for. i know of fitness first but not too sure about the pricing. can someone help?

i know tampines stadium has a gym but. i would prefer a more private one as i'm kinda new to exercising and erm.. dowan to be in a too much of a crowd.. =P

thanks in advance~!

For someone so new, going down to Fitness first is a waste of time and money. I would advise you to stick with Tampines Public Gym. Otherwise, you can head down to Tampines Safra EngeryOne gym.

SAFRA Members pay 5.50 for non peak and 10.50 during peak. Non-members pay about double. Safra members can also opt to be Energyone members costing about $40 per month, giving you access to all the SAFRA gyms, any time any day.

:D U can gym with me at either one. Fitness first I heard is very exp haha not worth, and you probably will give your lots of excuses. "Its so far, i dont have enough time to travel"

For someone so new, going down to Fitness first is a waste of time and money. I would advise you to stick with Tampines Public Gym. Otherwise, you can head down to Tampines Safra EngeryOne gym.

SAFRA Members pay 5.50 for non peak and 10.50 during peak. Non-members pay about double. Safra members can also opt to be Energyone members costing about $40 per month, giving you access to all the SAFRA gyms, any time any day.

:D U can gym with me at either one. Fitness first I heard is very exp haha not worth, and you probably will give your lots of excuses. "Its so far, i dont have enough time to travel"

thanks. i was thinking of fitness first cause i heard there is a trainer available if i need any help. but my mouth drop when its close to 3 digits. oh well. i just have to choose public gyms on non-peak hours. sadly i'm not a safra member, i'm hometeamns =P

thanks for the reply!

confusedfella, u say wanna gym since Jan sia. Wait one month liaos still got to wait. U're really confused. Three of us should gym tgt! ^^

oi 2 plus weeks only ok... u havent bought my shoes how to gym?! yea we all gym together!

Art makes the world go round! Love is the entirety of it!

blog: www.confusedfella.blogspot.com

hi all..

need ur help. i'm thinking of joining a gym somewhere in tampines. i'm thinking of losing weight so yeap.

anyway ideas on where to look for. i know of fitness first but not too sure about the pricing. can someone help?

i know tampines stadium has a gym but. i would prefer a more private one as i'm kinda new to exercising and erm.. dowan to be in a too much of a crowd.. =P

thanks in advance~!

Dude, membership for most gym can be quite pricey. If it just for losing weight you can get good dumbbell sets and other basic training equipments from the membership fees that you are going to pay. These equipments can last for a long time. Not only can you enjoy the privacy of your own home , but also, with proper techniques, the result will be just as visible as visiting a gym. Jogging is good for weight loss, and it is free (just need to invest in a good pair of shoes). Think twice before signing up unless you are really into bodybuilding or looking to have some company :)

• 1 year later...

sorry to dig out old thread but i'm wondering who gym in tampines clubfitt or maybe safra tamp energyone (will be getting my membership soon)?

looking for gym buddy to gym together actually, making no progress for my chest... so kinda need advice haha! :x

wanna bulk up. :P

edit: uhmm, i tot this thread was in Personals while searching :/ sorry if i dig out the wrong thread.

Edited by mvoo

I realise that a lot of BW members live around Tampines. Anyway Fitness First membership price is around 150/mth. If you want trainer, be prepared to pay 700 - 900 per month. If I'm not wrong, there are some small gyms in CCs maybe you can go find. If not, I think there are some small gyms in simei as well.

I gym in tamp but I am not really that buffed and muscular either haha

nice, neither am i buffed or muscular too. just trying to get advise since my chest ain't really growing, wondering is the way i did was wrong or not heavy enough haha.

edit: is that pink ic on your dp? -.-"

I realise that a lot of BW members live around Tampines. Anyway Fitness First membership price is around 150/mth. If you want trainer, be prepared to pay 700 - 900 per month. If I'm not wrong, there are some small gyms in CCs maybe you can go find. If not, I think there are some small gyms in simei as well.

you mean, ClubFitt the one at the Tampines Stadium? Signing up Engeryone since there's a ORD package for 240 for 2 yrs. haha.

Edited by mvoo

haha yes deary its my pink ic, but i returned it back to cmpb lawl~ after 1 day ><

energyone is good if you gym and then after that go to swim to cool off, but rememebr to shower before entering the pool lol

Fattie bom bom walk down the street

you mean, ClubFitt the one at the Tampines Stadium? Signing up Engeryone since there's a ORD package for 240 for 2 yrs. haha.

No, that one is definitely crowded most of the time. If TS want non crowded one, can find those in CCs (Community Centre). I think.

you returned it back to cmpb? how come?

how good a gym is without good advice or proper work out won't get you anyway i guess? some people don't shower before entering the pool, freeze them to death. :/

haha returning back to service for 6 months...

Fattie bom bom walk down the street

The Tampines Public Gym is constantly packed with KIDS :(

haha, no choice and the week that they're having holiday even worst. :/

i would recommend the gym at the Tampines Sports Complex leh. it is so huge and has plenty of machines for u to use.. The one at Safra mainly free weights.. if u duno what to do with free weights, den a bit pointless to go there.

true, true but signing up the ORD Package is much cheaper that's why. still deciding. :D you gym in tampines too?

haha returning back to service for 6 months...

:blink: army life again.

I never went to the tamp clubfitt gym before but i usually go there to swim. I always see a lot of ppl using that gym. would to try it out as im also looking for a buddy so as to motivate myself to gym lol. sadly i didnt sign up for the ORD package for energyone gym :( i think its worth it...

haha, you could still sign it up after 6months of your ORD.

then where do you normally gym at? :D

I never went to the tamp clubfitt gym before but i usually go there to swim. I always see a lot of ppl using that gym. would to try it out as im also looking for a buddy so as to motivate myself to gym lol. sadly i didnt sign up for the ORD package for energyone gym :( i think its worth it...

I was sceptical of Tampines ClubFitt until I walked in to study the gym before starting to workout there. It is one of the biggest public gyms of all the ClubFitt. Yes, it does get crowded during the peak periods. The same for those expensive gyms like Gaylifornia, Fitness First, True etc. Cost savings and you don't get harassed by sales staff and personal trainers to buy unnecessary packages or useless supplements.

I am a freelancer in what I do. Since I manage my own time, I used to purchase the off-peak pass 6 months for $50 entry from opening time to 4pm Mon-Fri, else $2.50 per entry.

Good machines, free weights, ample space.

I strongly suggest you try it out on per entry basis.

I hardly go there these days as I moved out from Tampines since last year and I do my workout at home most of the time. Good luck.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How about Dennis Gym?

Saw their website and they have a branch at Tampines.

===================================================================
homophobia is NOT a phobia. 
you are not scared. you're just being an a-hole!
===================================================================

I N S T A G R A M  |   F L I C K R  |  T U M B L R  

love-smiley-086.gif

Tampines Public Gym is ok.

When I do go there, I tend to go in the Morning or Early Afternoon because the Steroid infused Junkies tend to come during early evening to End of Operating Hour and I ALWAYS avoid these scary looking people.

Soon it will close down, guess we have to source for alternatives :(

tumblr_mp7qimane11r34kt3o1_400.gif

line id: ask with a dp at least

• 1 month later...

Soon it will close down, guess we have to source for alternatives :(

only tampines stadium and tampines sport hall (for badmintons) will be closed on 22 April 2013 for the construction of tampines town hubs to be ready in year 2016

tampines swimming pool and gym are not affected at this point of time.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...