Male HQ

Star Awards 2011

Guest amidst_the_stars

Guest amidst_the_stars

Hi. Before I start,just want to say so sorry trolls, especially the schizophrenic ones/one from the Mediacorp Thread, here you can only see see but cannot type type . Paiseh wor. Have fun reading :rolleyes:

Just want to know what's up with the Star Awards top 40 becoming top 42 ? Do you think mediacorp accidentally excluded out Zhou ChongQing and Lin PeiFen and had to do this to make up for their gaffe?

And who are you supporting to win the acting awards come April?

This biggest joke in any Awards history.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

I mean the top 42 most popular nominees.

How can any credible awards just add in additional slot at its whim and fancy???

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest amidst_the_stars

I mean the top 42 most popular nominees.

How can any credible awards just add in additional slot at its whim and fancy???

Actually, it doesn't really matter also. It will definitely be the same old faces going up to get top 10 plus a few new ones. I think Ann Kok and Eelyn Kok stand a good chance with felicia and Jesseca gone. N i got a bad feeling Zhou Chongqing wun be getting in this yr cuz the Aunty Lucy thingy is quite passe already.

I totally agree that it will be 80% same faces getting the top 10 too. Since it doesnt matter, then mediacorp should not have added 2 more nominees. This will actually further discount the credibility of SA.

Not to mention the addition of all those subsidiary awards.

What a pork-sharing awards ceremony indeed.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest amidst_the_stars

I totally agree that it will be 80% same faces getting the top 10 too. Since it doesnt matter, then mediacorp should not have added 2 more nominees. This will actually further discount the credibility of SA.

Not to mention the addition of all those subsidiary awards.

What a pork-sharing awards ceremony indeed.

But i think i will be voting for Michelle Chong. She's damn fxxking funny in The Noose and in all her impersonations. It's high time.

Ya those subsidary awards are lame, they are trying to copy from TVB anniversary awards.

And I think they are going to make Zoe and Fann to present awards again.

Edited by amidst_the_stars

I think another big joke is Tiffany and Gurmit.

I dont even know how Tiffany looks like. I dont think people like Aileen Tan etc are less popular than her.

What is this non-chinese artiste doing in a Chinese channel when he has nothing much to contribute. I m sure there are more deserving actors than him.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest amidst_the_stars

I think another big joke is Tiffany and Gurmit.

I dont even know how Tiffany looks like. I dont think people like Aileen Tan etc are less popular than her.

What is this non-chinese artiste doing in a Chinese channel when he has nothing much to contribute. I m sure there are more deserving actors than him.

Eh gurmit is very popular despite not being in ch8 productions. Ya i dunno abt Tiffany Leong, why her ?? Must ask mediacock lol.

Eh gurmit is very popular despite not being in ch8 productions. Ya i dunno abt Tiffany Leong, why her ?? Must ask mediacock lol.

1. He WAS very popular, but not in Channel 8 production.

2. Isnt the main objective of Star Awards to recognize, reward and motivate channel 8 artistes to come up with better productions in future?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest amidst_the_stars

I dun really care much for this year's Star awards except for Rui En. As long she is rewarded with her well-deserved Best Actress trophy come Star Awards night, I will be happy for her and won't be bothered about the rest of those stuff.

Unfortunately, I sensed some politics at play, meaning they might reward Jeanette for her *sian* performance in Breakout. Let that not be the case. And the mediacorp end-yr production seemed to reek of I Have A Date With Spring and Wu Xie GeTai.The setting is alright but the plot is.....been thr n done that"?

Guest amidst_the_stars

宋巧儿: Guest/Guest2

于红:amidst_my_cb

刘九妹:LOL

莫力广: amidst_your_cb

The future QUEENS of Mediacorp.

We must be proud of them if they/he ever get to clinch these roles for this year-end Mediacorp production. I wish them all the best. Jiayou !!!!! Don't give up. Show Zoe how talented you are !:lol:

Edited by amidst_the_stars

Guest amidst_the_stars

Surprise, surprise! Has MediaCorp hunk Tay Ping Hui dropped out of favour and missed his spot on the list? Uncle Richard Low and veteran host Guo Liang surprisingly makes the list.

Current Top 10 Male Artistes are Dai Yang Tian, Dasmond Koh, Dennis Chew, Elvin Ng, Guo Liang, pxxnsak, Qi Yu Wu, Richard Low, Zhang Yao Dong and Zheng Ge Ping.

How are the female artistes faring?

Fans of up-and-coming starlets Zhou Ying and Tiffany Leong are definitely doing their part, while what's left of MediaCorp princesses are all commanding the chart.

Current Top 10 Female Artistes are Jeanette Aw, Joanne Peh, Kym Ng, Lim Pei Fen, Pan Ling Ling, Rui En, Tiffany Leong, Vivian Lai, Yvonne Lim and Zhou Ying.

Current results show MediaCorp Ah Ge Christopher Lee is leading in two of the online nominations.

Chris is nominated in two categories: Favourite On-screen Couple (Drama) with Breakout co-star Jeanette Aw and Favourite On-screen Partners (Variety) with host Quan Yi Fong for their performances in Life Transformers 2.

No surprises there, since the Breakout couple was well-received when the Ch8 drama ended earlier this year. Additionally, Life Transformers 2 was awarded Best Infotainment at the inaugural Asia Rainbow Awards held in Hong Kong recently.

Other online categories open for public voting included Favourite Male Character and Favourite Female Character, which are led by Elvin Ng and Rui En respectively.

YAY for Rui En woohoo ~ !!

Guest amidst_the_stars

We can see fans are letting their fingers do the talking, calling in for their favourite artistes in the Star Awards Most Popular awards.

Last week, fans of MediaCorp actress Ann Kok were lamenting the fact that the beauty wasn't on the list, despite being pretty active last year with acting gigs in Happy Family, Precious Babes and The Family Court.

This week, no doubt thanks to her hardworking fans, Ann makes it on the Top 10 Most Popular Female artiste list together with another veteran, host Quan Yi Fong.

Quan Yi Fong was awarded the Best Programme Host (Female) at the recent Asia Rainbow Awards for her performance in Life Transformers 2. Her versatility in being funny and sincere at the same time, has probably left an impression on viewers.

Current Top 10 Female Artistes are Ann Kok, Jeanette Aw, Joanne Peh, Lim Pei Fen, Quan Yi Fong, Rui En, Tiffany Leong, Vivian Lai, Yvonne Lim and Zhou Ying.

MediaCorp hunk Tay Ping Hui and arguably one of the best local actors Chen Han Wei also took back their respective places on the Top Most Popular Male Artiste list. Host Bryan Wong has also squeezed his way back to the list.

Ping Hui is also nominated for Best Actor, with his role in The Family Court and will be appearing in the upcoming Ch8 drama C.L.I.F, which includes Elvin Ng, Chris Tong, Qi Yu Wu, Joanne Peh and Romeo Tan.

While Han Wei is not nominated for Best Actor this year, he is currently starring in Ch8's Be Happy. In the later part of the year, fans will be able to catch the actor in Devotion, starring opposite Ah Jie Zoe Tay, Terence Cao and Zhou Ying.

Current Top 10 Male Artistes are Bryan Wong, Chen Han Wei, Dai Yang Tian, Dasmond Koh, Dennis Chew, Elvin Ng, Qi Yu Wu, Tay Ping Hui, Zhang Yao Dong and Zheng Ge Ping.

In the online voting categories, Elvin Ng and Rui En remain fans' Favourite Male Character and Favourite Female Character respectively.

Elvin plays Zou Jie Ming in last year's blockbuster drama Breakout; Rui En plays Yang Xiao Dong, a happy-go-lucky girl in the Lunar New Year drama Happy Family.

Currently leading in Favourite On-screen Couple (Drama) is Elvin and Zhou Ying from Breakout, knocking out Christopher Lee and Jeanette Aw from the same drama, who were top last week.

Chris is doing better with Life Transformers partner Quan Yi Fong, where the duo is still tops in the Favourite On-screen Partners (Variety) category.

double yay for Rui En !!!

And its nice to see Ann Kok back in the top 10.

• 2 weeks later...