Male HQ

Two Separate Facebook Accounts

What do you guys think about someone having two separate facebook accounts?

Let say you only have one facebook account. Just wondering whether any of you ever feel 'slightly' offended when someone added you into his gay account instead of his 'common' account.

Sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast

Nope, I guess it's just naturally expected that you'll meet many discreet people who will only add you to their aj accounts.

It does say a thing or two about his lack of trust on you, but it's not like trust is easily earned unless you actually know the person in real life.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

I often encounter such people and I feel that they are very ridiculous and over-paranoid. What's the big deal of having a gay adding their 'real' fb accounts? it's not like i'm gonna post sth like "hey this guy is a gay!" on their wall. I even ever meet some people who don't even want to tell me their real names. Makes me lazy to chat with them. And yes, i'm offended by their behaviors especially after they got to view my fb profile but they don't even let me to JUST VIEW their 'real' accounts.

Edited by sonnabend

I often encounter such people and I feel that they are very ridiculous and over-paranoid. What's the big deal of having a gay adding their 'real' fb accounts? it's not like i'm gonna post sth like "hey this guy is a gay!" on their wall. I even ever meet some people who don't even want to tell me their real names. Makes me lazy to chat with them. And yes, i'm offended by their behaviors especially after they got to view my fb profile but they don't even let me to JUST VIEW their 'real' accounts.

THIS.

Someone tell me what's the worst thing that can happen if a gay person is added onto ur facebook account? Sorry but I can't imagine anyone being THAT lame to.. "expose" u or anything.. that's just.. really out-of-this-world.

"The two of us are living in the same era, believing in the same future

Yesterday’s tears and today’s smiles will stay true

We’ve experienced the same pain, we’ve gathered the same kindness

And we’ll turn them into the strength to live on tomorrow"

progress - ayumi hamasaki

THIS.

Someone tell me what's the worst thing that can happen if a gay person is added onto ur facebook account? Sorry but I can't imagine anyone being THAT lame to.. "expose" u or anything.. that's just.. really out-of-this-world.

The fact that I once chatted with a gay who asked me sth like "u won't post something funny on my wall right?" when I asked him his FB shows that there are a lot of ultra-discreet gays out there who think that such 'lame' incident can happen... ridiculous right?

THIS.

OK. To set things clear first though, I do add my gay friends into my 'real' accounts. But I do understand why some people may think otherwise.

First thing first, it doesn't even have to be a discreet-related reason. These are people you meet from different social circle, and hence, are more manageable when treated on a separate context. Why do people create two separate accounts, one only for people they met professionally and the other only for people they met personally? What's the worst thing that can happen if you add your parents into your 'real' Facebook? Probably a drunk photo or two, which album setting you could conveniently adjust to be hidden from your parents and clients. But many people still prefer not to take the trouble with all these settings, because the real price to be paid is inconvenience and inefficiency (not to mention the risk of forgetting to readjust).

Do straight guys add any slutty girl they meet from online dating sites to their 'real' accounts, which say, consists of his real-life colleagues? Wouldn't he prefer an ease to post sexy statuses without giving a bad impression to his colleagues, and likewise, don't want to sound like a boring IT technician to his b!tches? Will a guy receive funny posts from his aj friends on his wall? Probably not. But hey, wouldn't he ACTUALLY prefer to receive your 'funny' remarks and drools on, say, his hard-earned biceps? Now if only his real-life friends wouldn't roll their eyes on that. In a nutshell, these are just different social circles that may not necessarily gel well together, 'nuff said.

In addition, the general sentiment may not necessarily be to a 'gay', but to a 'stranger' you've barely known. It's just... irritating. It clutters your profile, your news feeds, your notifications, and you thought you have had enough of declining your best friends' invites and now this? You're receiving all these garbages from someone who you slept with, once, 10 years ago, and you don't even remember who he is anymore.

And no, your aj friends won't expose you (unless you upset them and give them a good reason to plot a 'justice', which well, had actually happen by the way), but you will run the risk of exposing yourself. Your social circle determines who you are, and just by having a suspiciously large amount of gays on your friend list, people can see who you are and rumors can start. Back in my high school days (and back to the prehistoric age of Friendster), I DID have a friend who got exposed this way and earned all the mockeries from the whole class, which cruelty was difficult enough to be stomached by someone who's discreet and is yet learning to be confident about himself.

And even if the person in question denies you not for any of the reason above, but merely out of irrational fears... well, what's the harm of being an understanding friend and respect his decisions? What's the worst thing that can happen if he doesn't add you into his 'real' account?

Edited by derryfawne

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

• 2 years later...
Guest Guest

wanted to start a new topic on this as well.

do you or your gay friends have two separate accounts, one for gay friends, one for straight friends? quite a hassle isnt it?

Facebook can be dangerous for users who are not ready to be out. Please do not underestimate how well facebook can get your personal info and data.

http://www.webpronews.com/gay-students-outing-highlights-privacy-flaws-in-facebook-groups-2012-10

http://socialnewsdaily.com/11020/facebook-outing-gay-users/

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Outed_By_Facebook_For_Profit/24928/0/38/38/Y/M.html

Richard Stallman's collection of articles on Facebook. **You may start closing your Facebook account after reading this.**:

http://stallman.org/facebook.html

Guest Guest

The fact that I once chatted with a gay who asked me sth like "u won't post something funny on my wall right?" when I asked him his FB shows that there are a lot of ultra-discreet gays out there who think that such 'lame' incident can happen... ridiculous right?

Not everyone is as sensible as you. :)

There are out and loud stupid fucks who thinks it's Gaybook and they have no qualms talking about their loose hole on your wall.

• Guest locked this topic