Male HQ

Will I Get Into Trouble?

Guest getcaught

Guest getcaught

i have a problem. a friend of mine gave me his friends number. said they had sex and fun a lot of times. and asked me to sms his friend. so i sms his friend. and chatted him for a while. then he said he was offended that i can have sex with him. then he wanted to report me. am i in trouble? :(

then he said he was offended that i can have sex with him. then he wanted to report me. am i in trouble? :(

dont get this part, he was offended that you offered to have sex with him?

if that's the case, dep on how you phased your 'request' he do can file in for sexual harassment.

Let's put it this way, just because you know a certain girl have had sex with your friend, that doesnt give you the right to text her "want me to F*** u?"

I am not too sure whether a guy can file sexual harassment against another guy.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Guest getcauthg

dont get this part, he was offended that you offered to have sex with him?

if that's the case, dep on how you phased your 'request' he do can file in for sexual harassment.

Let's put it this way, just because you know a certain girl have had sex with your friend, that doesnt give you the right to text her "want me to F*** u?"

I am not too sure whether a guy can file sexual harassment against another guy.

i didnt put it that way.. he asked why my friend gave his number for. so i asked if he was gay. then he he said wy did my friend pass his number to me. i replied fun. then at the end of the convo. he said hes a ictim of a malicious act and hes is gonna report this. he said he dosent sell himself for sex and sont want to meet anyone. and i have offended him by saying that i can have fun with him. will i die? :(

Die? narr... Singapore laws dont punish sexual harassment crime with death penalty. :P

on a more serious note, you should really evaluate your friend instead. Should the person report, you can claimed that your friend misled you into this and hopefully you have a record with your friend requesting you to contact this guy.

This will serve as a precautionary tale to others, it is better to be selective on the words when texting than finds yourself in such situation.

Guest getcaught

Die? narr... Singapore laws dont punish sexual harassment crime with death penalty. :P

on a more serious note, you should really evaluate your friend instead. Should the person report, you can claimed that your friend misled you into this and hopefully you have a record with your friend requesting you to contact this guy.

This will serve as a precautionary tale to others, it is better to be selective on the words when texting than finds yourself in such situation.

im afraid ill get into trouble :( will the police track me or something?

track you for? this is a small matter, no one was hurt or harm in anyway. I wouldnt be surprised that the most you get is a verbal warning, if that's your 1st offense.

and yes, go F*** your friend (verbally i hope) for sabo you into this. Tell him that guy maybe making a report and you will not hestitate to be the witness.

Guest get caught

track you for? this is a small matter, no one was hurt or harm in anyway. I wouldnt be surprised that the most you get is a verbal warning, if that's your 1st offense.

and yes, go F*** your friend (verbally i hope) for sabo you into this. Tell him that guy maybe making a report and you will not hestitate to be the witness.

ill tie him to a tree with his back facing outwards and a note on his back. fxxk ME TILL IM SORE! ill make him pay for this

Guest imseeker

The solution to this is very simple!

"Want to report issit? Go and report lah! REPORT LAH!!"

Chances are the idiot will not have the balls to do anything.

Guest imseeker

Depends on what you said in the texts. You can't press charges against another guy for sexual harassment though.

Only danger I see is that texts are hard evidence, which can be concretely used against you.

Wouldn't sweat too much about it, just be more careful next time..

by attempting to procure i.e. suggesting, technically it already constitutes a criminal offence under the Penal Code (see relevant section extracted and appended below). it is just that this offence is not being actively enforced unless there's a complaint lodged by the affected party. so please be careful. think twice before you suggest or initiate anything with someone you don't even know.

s.377A of the Penal Code, Cap 224 reads:

Any male person who, in public or private, commits, or abets the commission of, or procures or attempts to procure the commission by any male person of, any act of gross indecency with another male person, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 2 years.

Guest Dont worry

Dont worry too much, just say sorry to him and apologise for inviting for fun lo. Likely he will forgive n forget.

i have a problem. a friend of mine gave me his friends number. said they had sex and fun a lot of times. and asked me to sms his friend. so i sms his friend. and chatted him for a while. then he said he was offended that i can have sex with him. then he wanted to report me. am i in trouble? :(

Putting yourself in the shoes of the victim, I think it is completely understandable that he is angry and threatened illegal action. You could direct him back to your "friend" who offered the number and let them settled it between them. I am not legal expert but I dun think the police will do anything to you, or track you unless you are persistent on having that fun with the victim and harass him continuously. In that case, the issue of sexual harassment can be taken up.

And on the issue of Section 377A, while I completely disagree on the retention of that law, let's not make each other paranoid by using it to scare each other. IF you become overly concerned about Section 377A, then you are falling straight into the intended "let's scare the gay men" trap.

Unless you are caught in the public act, the police has no reason to prosecute you under Section 377A. If you think the police is so free and blind to catch people talking about gay sex, then all Oogachaga, AFA volunteers plus many other people involved in health work (including the hospitals) will be in the prison now. Remember I am running an agency dealing with people talking about gay sex all the time, publishing material on how to do gay dating and sex and our volunteers deal with the gay sexual health. So if you are having it in the privacy of your space, there is nothing to fear about it. The only question should be if you have sexually protected.

Lastly, I think you guys need to know that the last person who was nearly charged under Section 377A has his charges changed to Section 294A, public nuisance act. The penalty is different under both Sections and Section 294A does not involve imprisonment.

Putting yourself in the shoes of the victim, I think it is completely understandable that he is angry and threatened legal action. You could direct him back to your "friend" who offered the number and let them settled it between them. I am not legal expert but I dun think the police will do anything to you, or track you unless you are persistent on having that fun with the victim and harass him continuously. In that case, the issue of sexual harassment can be taken up.

And on the issue of Section 377A, while I completely disagree on the retention of that law, let's not make each other paranoid by using it to scare each other. IF you become overly concerned about Section 377A, then you are falling straight into the intended "let's scare the gay men" trap.

Unless you are caught in the public act, the police has no reason to prosecute you under Section 377A. If you think the police is so free and blind to catch people talking about gay sex, then all Oogachaga, AFA volunteers plus many other people involved in health work (including the hospitals) will be in the prison now. Remember I am running an agency dealing with people talking about gay sex all the time, publishing material on how to do gay dating and sex and our volunteers deal with the gay sexual health. So if you are having it in the privacy of your space, there is nothing to fear about it. The only question should be if you have sexually protected.

I think you guys need to know that the last person who was nearly charged under Section 377A has his charges changed to Section 294A, public nuisance act. The penalty is different under both Sections and Section 294A does not involve imprisonment.

Lastly, I also agree that it is not appropriate to ask if the person is keen on sex before you even know him. At the end of the day, it is about social skills. You would not ask that to a complete stranger on the street, even if he is uber hot and you have not even introduce yourself. For a start, at least get to know that person and build some forms of understanding.

Personally, I think our crave for efficiency and the abuse of information technology has reduced us to Age/Height/Race/Role/Place?/Seek? module, give a thought on how that portrays yourself as a person, even if you are the nicest chap on earth.

Edited by briax

Depends on what you said in the texts. You can't press charges against another guy for sexual harassment though.

Only danger I see is that texts are hard evidence, which can be concretely used against you.

Wouldn't sweat too much about it, just be more careful next time..

Haven't you all heard of the defence , it was an honest mistake, please calim that the sms was meant to be sent to another party but it was sent to the said party and in all honesty, a mistaken identity was what happened.

I agree with the poster that these are young and newbies possible problems that they do before thinking through three times and preparing for other possdible wong outcomes.

An honest and sincere apology said at the moment in a calm voice to the other party at the end of the first converstion would have suffice.

I do smell a possible threat and blackmail here from the offended party, he will probably want to get something out of this mess.

Confront this turkey in a calm manner and speak the truth.

• Guest locked this topic