Male HQ

Story Of Craig Ewert

"Can I give you a big kiss?" asked Mary.

"Of course" , said Craig

I love you" said Mary, Craig's wife, shortly before he volunteered to conduct legal suicide ( euthanasia) live before the camera, by drinking a prescribed concocted formula, which will end his life in 30mins

So Mary gave him a last kiss, and said "Have a safe journey...see you some other time "

This is not a drama, nor an re enactment. But a true life drama, when a person chooses to die before his time is up.

I believe some of us here may have seen the full story before

I was thinking, how many of us really value our lives.

People kill themselves over the most trifle things, or abuse their bodies with drugs and alcohol. They don't realized there are people who value their lives, more than anything else, in spite the odds are against them.

They lived in their own world of self imposed pity.

Craig Ewert's case was different.

He loved his life and his family, but he couldn't stand or loved his ALD disease.

He choose to end everything, with a good intention of not inconveniencing his love ones, or

does he gain anything for himself, except to gain the true freedom of his soul.

I used to think people who suicide were cowards. Conventional religion condemns suicide.

But no matter how much we judge them, no one can understand their suffering.

There was a chapter in Conversation with God, and Ramtha the White Book, that did say there was nothing wrong nor we are judged if we commit suicide. It (the Higher Being) doesn't judge such an act.

It was human who created and placed what the right and wrong, the does and the don'ts in their world

For when you choose to come back as a human, you too have a choice to exit at anything you want, willingly, without any remorse, but for the gains of the living.

If their choice to end everything, is a true love they demonstrate for their love ones, why not?

I did cried watching this document. Through which it did taught me, what is life, what is death , what is freedom, and what is unconditional love.

For the act of respecting the choice of the other to end his life, and to serenely accept in with unconditional love, is a bravery by itself.

True Love don't just end because our mortal bodies die.

I really hope Craig and Mary will be reunited someday and somewhere, where they don't have to suffer anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-lgadWNGMY

Thanks for this Visitors.

Was reading on some recent suicides - the local girl who didn't make it in the exams, the Korean singer Chae Dongha and that uncovered many others. I cannot wrap my head around suicide in general - the rights/wrongs of it, the intent/motive, the pain/relief therein, the method of choice, the voices/silence that surround them... but it's just sad... and perhaps happy at the same time (as in this particular case, in an ironic way)

My mind flashes back to a Malaysian friend I knew in Melbourne. He was a student and was due to return home after studies, but refused to because he was gay. He reckoned he couldn't live the life back home and tried all ways - including asylum - to stay on past his student visa. The authorities stood firm. He committed suicide the day before he was to leave.

Couple of years later, I found out a close Australian friend - due to be married - and a staunch Christian, killed himself (don't have the details) because "he couldn't rise above his condition" according to his mom - I had always suspected he was gay, but never asked.

They died so alone.

I never understood their pain, as closeted as I am, but thank God there are organisations like Oogachaga, SOS, etc around here that we can avail help from.

I'm nobody.

I have no authority over what someone else should do with their lives, or what they should not.

But personally, I can only accept Euthanasia only if the person receiving treatment has a terminal disease, one that would inflict horrible suffering to him and his family , and that his eventual death due to the disease is inevitable.

Hence, in the case of Craig Ewert, I empathize with him, and respect his decision to choose that path.

But, I fear, if Euthanasia is to be widely accepted, without restriction, without protest, without crazy religious condemnation, what would become of the world???

If Euthanasia has absolutely no negative connotation, then it might become an excuse for the undetermined, the weak, the lazy, the coward, to end their suffering which can be overcome by sheer determination. (example: a perfectly healthy individual who feel that there is "no meaning" to his life, or a teenager with depression)

Personally, I can only accept Euthanasia when an individual's apparent suffering and death is inevitable, unavoidable, and an abs0lute certainty.

In the 5-part documentary, I personally can't accept the decision for the other couple to die together when the wife is perfectly healthy (Not Craig's Case). Perhaps it is her destiny to become stronger by living courageously when her husband is gone, yes she may think that she can't live without her husband now, but maybe, just maybe, this is an obstacle in her life to allow her to become stronger, to learn and become stronger and more determined through the lost of her husband. Who knows? Can we absolutely write-off such possible divine lessons just because she wants to die???

Again, I am nobody to judge. My views here might be unacceptable, irksome , and selfish. But there are many grey areas in life where right and wrong has no place, and Euthanasia is as such. And therefore, I am neither pro or against Euthanasia, a widely accepted Euthanasia practice promotes an easy escape for the weak, a widely condemned Euthanasia lengthens the suffering of the inevitable dead.

May divine Providence be with us all.

Edited by fenghou

I'm nobody.

I have no authority over what someone else should do with their lives, or what they should not.

But personally, I can only accept Euthanasia only if the person receiving treatment has a terminal disease, one that would inflict horrible suffering to him and his family , and that his eventual death due to the disease is inevitable.

Hence, in the case of Craig Ewert, I empathize with him, and respect his decision to choose that path.

But, I fear, if Euthanasia is to be widely accepted, without restriction, without protest, without crazy religious condemnation, what would become of the world???

If Euthanasia has absolutely no negative connotation, then it might become an excuse for the undetermined, the weak, the lazy, the coward, to end their suffering which can be overcome by sheer determination. (example: a perfectly healthy individual who feel that there is "no meaning" to his life, or a teenager with depression)

Personally, I can only accept Euthanasia when an individual's apparent suffering and death is inevitable, unavoidable, and an abs0lute certainty.

In the 5-part documentary, I personally can't accept the decision for the other couple to die together when the wife is perfectly healthy (Not Craig's Case). Perhaps it is her destiny to become stronger by living courageously when her husband is gone, yes she may think that she can't live without her husband now, but maybe, just maybe, this is an obstacle in her life to allow her to become stronger, to learn and become stronger and more determined through the lost of her husband. Who knows? Can we absolutely write-off such possible divine lessons just because she wants to die???

Again, I am nobody to judge. My views here might be unacceptable, irksome , and selfish. But there are many grey areas in life where right and wrong has no place, and Euthanasia is as such. And therefore, I am neither pro or against Euthanasia, a widely accepted Euthanasia practice promotes an easy escape for the weak, a widely condemned Euthanasia lengthens the suffering of the inevitable dead.

May divine Providence be with us all.

I get what you mean. When I saw the rest of the document, I don't agree with her choice to end her life with her husband, when he ends his. But again we can't judge. Its her life's destiny choice any way. Look at it this way. Maybe her job on earth is done and fulfilled. Thus it is time for her to go.

But in Swiss, even if you do want euthanasian to be performed on yourself, it is not so easily fulfilled. You need to go through many red tapes and legal procedures.

This is to ensure the system is not abused, with ruthless gains and benefits, when one ends his life.

Believe me, we have died many times. Coming from someone who have died before and went to the other side and back here again, after a serious hit and run car accident, death is just an experience of transmigration to where you are from.

The Other Side is simply too beautiful beyond any words can describe.

Many do romanticize how they would wish to die.

I too have my fair share of fantasy how I wish to transmigrate, even thought I have experienced it before.

There was a 1988 Philip Kaufman's 1988 movie - The Unbearable Lightness of Being, based on Milan Kundera's novel.

I read some of his works before.

Acted by Daniel Day Lewis, Juliette Binoche and Lena Olin. The story involves the struggle for love, freedom and sexuality of the three characters, set in the 60s Czech during the Prague Spring of Communist period, before it was invaded by Russia.

The handsome womanizer Doctor Tomas ( Daniel) often fools around and maintains a free sexual relationship with a beautiful free-spirited sensuous artist, Sabina ( Lena). At the same time he struggles to be loyal to the simple Teresa ( Juliette).

Their lives changed drastically when the Soviet invasion took over.

In the end, Tomas choose Teresa over Sabina, who sadly migrated to the SFO.

The ending , which showed how Tomas and Teresa died, is simply very beautiful, where death is artistically depicted, in a serene spiritual way into the Light.

Many still claimed it is the best movie, which depicts how beautiful death can be.

How I wish I can die like that with my Love One one day !

Edited by TheVisitors

• Guest locked this topic