Male HQ

Having Cool Off Time With Bf

Guest Cc

How long was that already ?

Well someone have to make the first move la.

U should call him n show him that u really concern about him.

Talk to him face to face man to man, don't u want to see his face reaction when u guys are discussion.

Edited by Spin

:whistle:

I cannot have a cool off time cos my partner and I are living together, with a joint bank account and a planned future together. We are getting married this October. Of course, we do quarrel. But somebody has to make the first move and apologise, and move on. That's what my partner and I always do. We never let a quarrel blow out of proportion and we will talk things over once both parties ave cooled down.

The key to a relationship is communication. You cant communicate if both parties refuse to give in.

I agreed with Spin & PaterTenebrarum. someone should make the first move. in all r/s.. be it is str heterosexual, homosexual, lesbians, etc.. all r/s must consist of give & take. There must always be space & room for communications. Communications must be 2 ways, not a one way traffic. No lies, No deceits, No mind games. Trust & respect have to be earned & not given.

The thing is, I believed that when one decided to settle down with his /her partner. It is better not to be involve too deeply in financial issues like e.g. joint account just in case of any misunderstanding crops up. It is better to have ur own saving account.

I cannot have a cool off time cos my partner and I are living together, with a joint bank account and a planned future together. We are getting married this October. Of course, we do quarrel. But somebody has to make the first move and apologise, and move on. That's what my partner and I always do. We never let a quarrel blow out of proportion and we will talk things over once both parties ave cooled down.

The key to a relationship is communication. You cant communicate if both parties refuse to give in.

Congratulations and best wishes!

That's a good way to work together a future together. I think a lot of couples are also doing the same thing, though not all will get married. It is so sweet to know that you can overcome the odds, quarrels and differences and build a life together.

congrats...

P.S. In Canada?

I shld think so. But let's not talk abt a divorce, first, yes? It's a bit of a cheeky question to someone who is getting married soon.

Got to think about these things first before getting married... ;)

if you are prepared to get married, be prepare to go through it and work things out. i know things happens. but things happens only because people choose the easy way out.

Exactly. We are not going into it blind.

Anywho, we dont intend to stay long here anyway. We will wait and see if he gets to do his Assistant Professorship here or not. Otherwise, I can go to Canada and do my Masters.

When there's birth, there's death.

When there's a meeting, there's a parting.

No intention to spoil anyone's excitement or dampen anyone's spirit. It is with $!^*| confidence that I believe when two persons decided to lead a life together and to adopt (if any) the family name of one's partner, no one at that point wants to contemplate or even think about the possibility of a divorce down the road. If anyone were to enter a marriage thinking about the remote possibility of ending in a divorce and even if that thought is a mere 1%, I would tell you to call off that wedding till you eradicate that 1% away. Otherwise, don't get married or else that 1% in you will grow and in no time mature itself into a full grown tree constantly plaguing your life by casting doubts and suspicion about your partner, weaving dark shadows of confusion about your initial decision to get hitched and timelessly seducing you with temptations from all areas. In the end, it becomes another tragic parting.

I have never contemplated the need to get a legal recognition of the relationship between my partner and I. It serves no purpose especially when we are talking about living in Singapore. It matters in countries where they do. You will likely benefit from tax relieves, health coverage and other forms of supplement and I am made aware that even some companies would extend their health benefits or perks to the spouses of their employees too.

*POOF* I have to wake up as I am in Singapore and let's not talk about getting equal benefits ...let's get gay people to be legally recognized and accepted first...and first thing on the agenda, 377A has to go!

Edited by deceptiveeyes.deceivingminds

We dont intend to grow old here, thats why.

Anywho...

You know, my current partner is the THIRD guy who has proposed marriage to me.

The first one was a Brit and that relationship crashed and burnt a year before the signing of the papers and I called it off.

The second one was Dutch. He proposed and I wasn't interested.

The third one came along. No one actually proposed anything to anyone per se. We just decided to take the next step forward together.

This new system seems cranky...I typed " It is with abs-olute(I'm not even allowed to spell it as one word otherwise it change it to $!^*| again!) confidence..." but once posted it became "It is with $!^*| confidence ".

And it doesn't allow you to amend too!

Cool!

Edited by deceptiveeyes.deceivingminds

• Guest locked this topic