Male HQ

From Bw Archives 34 : 13 Mar - 06 Apr 99

HendryTan

Note : 25 Feb -13 Mar 1999 articles could not be recovered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

04/06/99 15:27:43

Comments:

seems like you can order (and have it hand delivered to your mailbox) Bishonen, happy together, velvet goldmine and other gay movies through http://www.geocities.com/tokyo/1852/order-form.html

04/06/99 14:40:07

Name: me

Comments:

this is a good place for pics and stories... http://www.menonthenet.com

04/06/99 06:55:21

Name: still Charles

Comments:

Actually, out of the four leads, Ah Ching is the only one who doesn't look American.

04/06/99 06:51:21

Name: Charles

Your Nationality: United States of Angmo-ica

Comments:

Sotong

Ah Sam's Chinese is so bad because Daniel Wu, the actor, is American, only speaks a little Mandarin and *no* Cantonese. He had to learn his Cantonese lines for the film without even knowing the language.

04/05/99 13:16:43

My URL: Visit Me

Comments:

Just wondering where the usual regular contributors (ie. actionkid and ah boi) are. miss their contributions.

04/05/99 04:25:56

Name: Zen

My Email: Email Me

Comments:

Hi everyone! How are things with all of you? It's been a while since I last posted anything. Hmmm, what should I say, just came back from a refreshing trip to Taiwan. Nothing really to report, except that the guys in the streets of Taipei really got me feeling a littl ... well, excited, hehehee. Dunno if my eyes are playing tricks on me, but a stroll in the famous Cheng2 Pin3 Bookstore makes me believe that gays there are alive and well. Too bad haven't got time to visit the pubs except for one rather boring 'Molibu'( think), heard the nightlife there can be quite happening. Yep, that's all for now. Byeee.

04/05/99 03:27:11

Name: Sotong

Comments:

Bishonen...

Once in a long while, a beautifully crafted gay-love story comes to our shores. Set in Hong Kong, this one tells the story of a love quadrangle with 2 hustlers, a policeman and a up and coming movie star.

It?s about being in love, having loved and having to lose that love. The movie gives an insight into what the gay scene is like in Hong Kong where homosexuality has been legitimized since the late 80s. For the uninitiated, it shows how cruising is done, a day in the life of a gigolo and that even hustlers are human and can also fall in love. The actors are incredibly beautiful especially the policeman, Ah Sam, who has a body you?d die for : fit and trim, well defined and muscular body, cute boy-next-door f ce and flawless porcelain complexion - the very type girls will be proud to bring home to show their mothers. Just as handsome is the hustler who fell in love with him, Jet. One wonders however how the up-and-coming movie star could actually make it when is looks pales in comparison with the other two.

This is a typical art-house movie. Occasional humor are provided when they showed how desperate Ah Peks cruise or how nervous/desperate (yes, both!) a gay secondary school teacher was when trying out paid sex for the first time in his life. The actual sex scenes have been deliberately blocked out to keep in-line with its emphasis as a love story. Still, they tease you with a little background noise and show a little of what?s going to happen before the screen goes completely blank. What you do get instead re tender love scenes of kissings, huggings and carresses. The clever use of soft filters and melancholic songs all goes pretty well to be consistent with the tone of the story which is a tragic one.

The story however, can be a little messy as there?s frequent flashbacks into the past. To complicate matters, there?s a narration by a female voice which makes one wonder who she is and what a female voice has to do with the story. The storyline itself ia a little weak too. How would you rationalize the fact that a straight As student would wind up patrolling the streets of Hong Kong as a policeman when there?s so many options open to him. Or that a bespecticled guy who moonlights as a hustler to help a fr end raise funds for another friend ended up doing it full time and said it was all done in the name of love. And as they say, nothing is perfect : for all the beauty that the policeman is, he speaks like a robot in hardly intelligible mix of Mandarin and antonese.

Still dwelling on the petty negatives would be missing out on the entirety of the story. Just sit back and enjoy the movie for what it is. Put yourself into the shoes of the protagonists and you too would end up feeling moody and mushy over the next few d ys. And it really helps if you have a good command of Mandarin and Cantonese : there are some pretty prose written in Mandarin at the end of the story.

Hats off to Yonfan, the director/producer? Enjoy the movie describe as : Passion, Seduction.... from the tragic land of beautiful boys... comes a love story. Available (on loan only this time) from me.

04/04/99 20:55:55

Your Nationality: USA ang mo

Comments:

Mike

Unless there's a new one, the flick with Leslie and Tony is Happy Together by Wong Kar-Wai. It's depressing but ultimately hopeful, and is quite worth seeing.

Sexhunter

To paragraph, put <P> between your paragraphs. Try to hit ENTER before typing this as Geocities sometimes loses parts of HTML tags that are far into a continuous line of text.

04/04/99 18:35:15

Name: miss u much

Comments:

Well, why do fools fall in love? Or rather fall flat on their face, whenever they see true beauty in front of them. I was one of them, during one weekday, my so-called friend asked me to go Fort Road with him, and having feeling a little lust i did. So, we went despite it was already 1230am. Lust can do wonders to a man's pocket doest it? So we reached Fort Road but didn't go into the causarina forest (or rather Mosquito Coast) coz we saw a few police cars around the area. So, we ended up at Katong Park. And i was given a tour of the now abandoned Katong Park Hotel, although very dark spooky and eerie there were a lot of guys walking around and waiting to have a good time.....aren't they afrad that their partner must just be someone from the 'other side of the world'. Eeee. So I went out and waited for Mr. SoCalled friend, who made me wait for him outside at the park like an idiot at 3am. Then when I was to go off without Mr. SoCalled friend, a big white Merc drove past me. I tried to peep inside. Nothing. So, I walked the other direction and Mr. Merc followed me. I found a place to s t and he stopped. He came out, and i saw the most gorgeous guy in an unbuttoned white shirt. Although he was bespec...but he still looked like a godsend. Thinking that he was now no more interested, i walked away, ready to go home. Then he drove towards me, stopped by the side and invited me to go inside. So i did, i saw him very clearly now...GORGEOUS!!! and a nice superbod. Then he drove us off to East Coast Park and talked a little. I smelt alcohol. He was actually a little tipsy. Although i knew it was dangerous to be in his car but yet....i don't give a damn. i just wanted to be with him. Then he took off his shirt and ask me to lick and suck his nipples...i di . It was beautiful. I did it for about 1 hour i think, then he sent me somewhere to take a cab home. He asked for my number but he did not call. And being so foolishly smitten i did not ask for his number!!!! Would you believe it?? So, till now i still think of him and hope that sometime i will be able to see u again. Wishful thinking?? So, Chris if you are reading this, i miss you and please call me. Take care wherever you are.

04/04/99 17:37:28

Name: Mike

Comments:

Does anyone know about this film starring Leslie and Tony (???)? What's the title and where can I get it?! BTW, this is my first posting. This is a great website!!!

04/04/99 06:24:59

Name: Sexhunter

Comments:

oops.. forgot to paragraph.. how do you paragraph anyway?

04/04/99 06:23:22

Name: SexHunter My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Sextivity: email me and find out!!!

Your Fav Body Type: older GWMs and GAM Your Nationality: 100% S'porean

Comments:

What happened to this board? Instead of delicious sex stories, we are seeing music articles, bad April Fool's jokes? Should this be relegated to gay.com or some other message board instead? Anyway, here is my little bit. I chatted up a guy on IRC yesterday who turned out to be two GWMs in their 30s cruising for a 3rd late last night. They sound really hot, so I forked out the money to take a cab to East Coast where they had a lovely apartmen there. One of them, J greeted me at the door in a pair of white boxers. He had a fantastic body, really trim plush with dark hair all over his muscular torso. And he has the most gorgeous toothy grin, with his thick bushy goatee. I walked into their flat where the other K was sitting down watching p--n in a sarong. He was another bear, a bit bigger and more hair on his back, but nonetheless fantastic. We sat and chatted for a while over drinks. J and K were good friends who just moved to Singapore from the US. They don?t usually go out and were quite shy about meeting an Asian. After a while it seemed pretty clear that we looking for more than just a l te night chat. K suggested stepping to the bathroom for a jacuzzi. His bathroom was huge, with a big jacuzzi for 4 in one corner and his shower stall was large and open, like the showers in some country club. We disrobed, and I stared at J's equipment. He was ripe red, his cock half hard and really thick. It must be about 8"!!! J was obviously excited about what we had talked about, I could even see the tip wet with precum! He caught my glance and went red! Can't believe that he was so shy! K was quite nic too, his cock was more slim and uncut. We gingerly stepped into the jacuzzi and sat back. There was a tension in the air while the three of us waited for someone to make a move. I closed my eyes and start stroking J?s flat furry abs under the water. He kept himself in very good shape and I cou d hear him groaning when K also fondled his cock. I opened my eyes and gasped when K?s warm mouth wrapped around my hard cock head. I responded by leaning over and putting my mouth on J?s furry tits. I can?t believe that we were doing it in the jacuzzi, i was hot and steamy. We got up and kissed 3 ways, my hands on their bums, exploring every inch of their hot flesh. We dried ourselves and moved to K?s bedroom with a king sized bed. K was obviously prepared for this as he had a pump sized bottle of lube by the bed with some rubbers. There was no inhibitions between us, each of us were strongly attracted to each other, J and I took turns getting blowed by K while we kissed passionately. K was really good and even managed to put us both in his mouth. J?s tits were very sensitive and he moaned in pleasure as K and I took each tit in our mouths and teased it with our hot t ngues. I was playing with K?s hole with my tougne while K had J in his mouth. K begged us both to take turns with him. We lubed him up good and made him lie on his back before I pushed my hard dick into his eager ass. He was real warm and tight, he knew how to squeeze my cock in his ass sending me into spasms. J was kissing me whi e he sat on K?s face, K groaning in pleasure. I looked down while J played with my tits, and saw my hard cock sliding into K?s furry ass. I held his thick legs wide and pumped harder, K moaning even louder with euphoria. J then took over and fxxked K real hard, I had no idea how K could take it with J?s cock as thick as my wrist. We turned K over and J drilled K doggy style, while K sucked my aching cock. The look on K?s face was unforgettable, he was in pleasurable agony while J pumped deep into him while he plays with his cock. We couldn?t hold it back anymore. K unload his hot cum over my body when I came at the same time as J who squirmed inside K?s tight ass. We collapsed in a pile of hot flesh, cum and fur. What a way to spend Saturday night! Beats staying at home to watch Blown Away on TCS. Then again?

04/03/99 15:35:49

Name: itsonlyme

Comments:

Has anyone heard (if there's any) or planning for a Gay travel? Cheers

04/03/99 05:32:07

Name: malbroman

Comments:

APRIL FOOLS! The Beatles is not gonna reunite. It was an april fools' joke the guys at Dotmusic made.

04/02/99 17:07:10

Name: michael My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Nationality: singaporean

Comments:

After watching the show bishonen,i have fully attracted by Daniel Wu(SAM).Like to know more detail about him,and where to get his pictures.Did he act in other play beside this,hope u guys can help,Thanks.

04/01/99 19:32:35

Comments:

To order VCD, contact Melvin at vcdboy@iname.com

Go to: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Mansion/9990/men.html

04/01/99 14:45:56

Name: willy My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Sextivity: The Hot Body,The cock and the cum

Your Fav Body Type: anything that is acceptable fat or fit is ok for me Your Nationality: 101% sg

Comments:

Anyone out there,today is my first time to this wonderful site that i think most local would hunger for a long , long time.Please mail me something i will reply you.101% promised. P/s I'm still a virgin.Pls don't laugh.

04/01/99 11:34:37

Name: Malbroman

Comments:

ALL BEATLES fans please take NOTE!!! The ultimate band in history is having a reunion that includes the late JOHN LENON!!!

According to Dotmusic, the reunited BEATLES will play a gig at the Millennium Dome in London on New Years Day 2000. Using a new techniqueknown as Crystal Vision TM, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Star and JOHN LENON will perform Beatles classics i front of an invited audience including Tony Blair. There will not only be an generated image of John Lenon, but also have a musical input on the band. 300 tickets will be auctioned online for charity. Stay Tuned!

Thanks guys for the additional info abt Beth Orton.Where can I get 'Trailer Park'?

04/01/99 10:50:25

Name: Frenchie My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Nationality: obvious

Comments:

After reading malbroman's post,I also wanted to mention that Beth Orton had a first album out _trailer park_. Even though I usually apprecaite female singers, i'm not too fond of beth, perahps a bit folk/country for me. But I will try the new CD, especaii ly for her duet with the great Terry callier (whose LP timepeace and single "love theme from Spartcaus" rank high in my favouirites of 1998 - this man has a perfect soul). Otherwise, my musicalk recommenfdations for 1998 are Blur's 13 of course and Presence's first LP (it's out on Pagan records). this is very souful deep house. I got the same feeling when listening to that as when I first discovered massive Attack (perhaps eacause two of the vocalists are Shara Nelson and Saray Jay).. Enough music for today. i feel a little bit guilty of posting my rants on a site that is mostly dedicated to cruising life in Singapore. But it seems to have gone quiet for a while. At least soem people might enjoy the music talks... Being an incurable romantic, my cruising stories would be quite meager anyway. a last point. i';ve noticed that plenty of my gay friends are really into music (a lot of diversity and a lot of passions). So how come the main gay bar/discos always propose us the usual big house tunes and big divas (Celine D., Mariah and the likes). I nwo soem poepl liek them, but it ain't my cup of tea and i don't believe this encapsulates what gay and music lover means. I'm really dreaming of a place that caters gay msuic heads. Well another dream I guess... PS : Don't veleive i'm judgemental. Some of my friends really love celine dion and i don't consider them as retarded. I just wanna point out that it is not all ther is...

04/01/99 06:01:02

Name: Spunky

Comments:

Hey, malboroman..How about Beth Orton's "Trailer Park". Worth listening to.

03/30/99 08:08:16

Comments:

Oh, by the way, Malboroman, I've heard Beth Orton music, but I do think the musical intro to every song is a little long. How about Abra Moore, eh? I think she's great! Oh, also check out Patricia Kass' Rende-vous. She has got this real sultry and sexy vo ce. Cool stuff.

03/30/99 07:23:56

Your Nationality: Wonder Wonder Land

Comments:

Typically it was a bad day at work.....one long bad day. I just needed a couple of long stiff drinks, so I headed down to my usual watering hole. Had a couple of beers for appetizers, and cigarettes for the munchies. It was alll very nice. Being on my ow . Felt good with no one breathing down my neck. Well...no sooner had I had that thought, a warm and moist breath rushed down the back of my neck. Then came a strong gripe on my shoulder and someone's unshaven face brushed against my cheek. "Long time no s e" a voice rang through my ears. Oh and behold, the peak of a bad day. An old flame has come back to haunt me. Gawd! I could have just died there. Karma has come early. "Yeah, Chris, hi." It was such a non-chalant greet on my part; not even a hint of surp ise or shock or despair or whatever, as if I expected to see him. Anyway, we talked...civilly.....had more drinks and smoked our lungs out. His charm was still there. And that smile. I had almost forgotten why we broke up. Then there it was again...roving eyes. Yup, a cute guy was standing behind me. I remember now. Chris did not believe in being exclusive. He was everywhere. Yah, I dumped him because he made me another whore. I was nobody's playmate. Anyway, he's not mine now, he could look at anything. W ll, we already at too many to drink to have any appeal to anyone. Night was filled with laughter and our glasses were never empty. I gave no second thought to my lungs nor liver. I was high...high on the happy side. My worries took the backseat for once. hris was as funny as ever. His smile. His smile. How contagious it was. Then there was a moment of silent. A moment of gazing into each other eyes. Then, we shy away. I was hurt by this man who makes me laugh and smile still. And this man is still the sam . He will not commit. His normadic nature would not allow him to settle. "Time to go," Chris said. "Yah" We dragged ourselves out of the pub, laughing along the way. Hailed a cab. Got into the same cab. And headed to his apartment. It was all like clockwo k. We have been there before. And those moments were happy ones. I wanted to be happy, even if it meant just for then. It's ok. I wanted to be happy so badly. Just even to have a little taste. Let me play pretend. Pretend that the feelings we had had not ied. So, there we were in his apartment. Standing before one another. Silence was only broken by our heavy breathing. Our bodies were hot. Flushed with alcohol. I was so dizzy. I felt as if I was flying as he had his arms around me. Every kiss he planted n me set me higher. I was flying to the moon. His groans and heavy breathing rang through my ears like a train through a tunnel. I lost senses for all things else. He was all I could feel. As my lips explored every bit of him, it was like going through me ory lane. The whole experience was like de ja vu. The night was surreal. Even to the moment of ectasy, having him spilled all over himself, I felt i was deep in his ocean. I was swimming warm in moonlight. We closed our eyes, and fell deep into slumber in each other arms. A slight jerk woke me up. An hour had passed. Seemed like my friend had passed out too. In the dark, I showered and left him. Not a word. Not a goodbye. This wasn't where I belong. I went back to my life, and leaving him to his own. Days ave gone by. He hadn't rang. neither did I. Perhaps, it was the same with him. the very next morning after the incident, the night had felt like a dream. This is not a story. Just another day in my life.

03/30/99 05:33:32

Name: Jay Daniels My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Sextivity: fxxking,Kissing,Sucking

Your Fav Body Type: Into faces n age not bodies Your Nationality: Exotic Singaporean ..hehe

Comments:

Hi,well i am an 18 yer old.Nepalese+Chinese(indo) 1.88m tall...well i am sort of looking for more friends around my age.....meaning preferably not over 22...unless you think you have wat it takes....not into macho marys.. into sweet boys with or without an effeminate touch. Indo chinese/Thai chinese given priority ..hehhe... Also anybody has the latest cruising updates? shopping centers especially... Thanks

03/30/99 03:18:53

Name: me

Comments:

just want to let you guys know of a place to have uninterrupted sex in east cost area. the toilets in the squash courts beside the netball and tennis courts at kallang are great. after a swim in katong pool, to avoid the police, one can bring his partner here. the toilets are in the squash courts and hardly anyone goes there. there are toilet cubicles and shower heads. so go on there to try it out yourself!!! the mornings and afternoons are the best time to go!

03/29/99 11:54:21

Comments:

I was at HMV and saw the Soundtrack to the Bishonen at the chinese section. However, there is a censor sticker on it, maybe it has some music vedio or something.

I found the Beth Orton CD 'Central Reservation' and liked what I've heard. What'I've heard blown my mind apart. This album is so good that it's hard to belive this is Beth's debute CD. Beth Orton is making waves in both the Einglish and US shores. She was recently nominated for Best New Act in the 1999 Britts but lost to another great act Belle & Sabestian.Most of the songs in her album is uncomplicated and easy to the ears, usually just guitars and piano. Her voice is what stands out. Familar names like B n Harper and blues great Dr. John. Everything But the Girl's Benn Watt produced 2 tracks. My fav tracks are

track 2 - Sweetest Decline

track 5 - Pass in Time

track 6 - Central Reservation

track 8 - Love Like Laughter

track 11- Feel To Belive

Get this CD now, its one of the best albums I've heard in years.

03/29/99 11:31:50

Name: gc

Your Nationality: sg

Comments:

just finished watching the show 'Bishonen' and gawd I really hate it! i think it is a really depressive show. so what was the story all about? that is a sad and tragic lifestyle that u lead if you choose to be gay? maybe there is a deeper underlining theme to it but that's what i saw. all that lust, sex, vanity and the typical stereotyped 'ah-peks'. don't get me wrong, I'm not on some moral high-horse. I too love my boyfren emotionally but everytime I see him, I practically want to devour him physically without fail :P maybe I was expecting a beautiful gay love story; for once, but ended up watching a fxxk/grope/ cruise plot in which the gay lead kills himself after that. sad to say there was nothing award- winning about the performances too, the pick up scenes and poor acting just made me wanna giggle! j

03/28/99 12:11:29

Name: Effendi

Comments:

Something to chew on for the holiday.. http://www.egroups.com/list/asian-male/2266.html

03/28/99 11:52:36

Name: Effendi

Comments:

Drop by here. Blows you away.. http://www.members.asianarchives.com/effendi/

03/28/99 05:27:50

Name: zimbu

Comments:

Need help...thinking of visiting either the new blue boy or ryu..anyone can tell which is better?

03/27/99 10:29:00

Name: Anthony

Comments:

Just to share with you guys that the VCD "Bishonen" is available at Katong Shopping Centre (2nd Floor). Just in case you guys had difficulty getting the VCD. It costs $8.00. But if you buy 3 VCDs, you pay only $20 (You may want to get a few friends togeth r and buy the VCD, that way, you save $$). P.S. I'm not advertising nor represent the shop I mentioned above. I'm just sharing my information :)

03/26/99 13:46:47

Name: Cuthbert

Comments:

This may bore some of you but please bear with it. My previous message two days ago had some technical faults and did not appear as I wanted it to be. This is the revised information about Stephen Fung (or Feng2 De2 Lun2):

1. Stephen Fung dueted the song "Bei3 Ji2 Xue3" (Snow in the North Pole) with Kelly Chen. Check out his vocals too. (Warning: The link downloads a huge .zip file of the song in MP3 format. Make sure you have the relavant Plug-ins before you download the 3.74MB giant!)

2. Seems like Stephen Fung also acted in other films as well. His other film sees him potraying the tragic role of modern Chinese poet Gu Cheng in his life story. Gu Cheng is a Chinese national who migrated to New Zealand to settle down with his two wives and a kid in the early 90s. His life ended suddenly in 1995 when he murdered his mistress, A-Ying, his wife and his child and then committed suicide himself. It was a great shock to th Chinese literary field. The circumstances surrounding his death remains a mystery. It's been quite a while since this film is released. Makes me wonder if it had been banned (AGAIN!)

There! End of my ramblings. Good nights and pleasant days!

03/26/99 04:35:43

Comments:

After winning the Best Actress award at the Oscars, Gwyneth Paltrow is again set to play a cross dressing heroine. Miramax, who produced Shakespeare In Love had brought the rights to Jeanette Winterson's novel The Passion. The Passion is set 300 years bef re Shakespeare and Gwyneth will again wear the pants in the movie.

Irish singer Sinead O'Conner attemptted suicide by consumming 20 valium tablets because of the custody battle for her daughter.

Latino hunk Ricky Martin is doing a duet with Madonna for his up-cumming album due out in the states in late May. The dance track is produced by William Orbit, the producer of Madonna's Ray Of Light and Blur's 13 album

Geri halliwell aka Ginger Spice will have a solo singer out in May 17, the single 'Look At Me'is said to be completely different from the Spice Girls' music.

Speaking of the Spice Girls, their follow up to the mega selling SPICEWORLD is due by the end of the year, the yet untitled album is produced by hot shot American producer Rodney Jenkins, Jenkins wrote and produced Brandy and Monica's The Boy Is Mine and s currently producing Micheal Jackson's new album will add a more 'street style' and mature style to the new Spice Girls sound.

03/25/99 14:30:15

Name: Sg boy

Comments:

Hey I have just updated info of Venom this Sunday (28 April), KK's rainbow connection and of course Bishonen on Sg Boy Homepage.

03/24/99 14:37:20

Name: sg boy

Comments:

A review and some news extraction of KK's Rainbow Connection can be found on Sg Boy Homepage.

03/24/99 13:56:47

Name: Cuthbert77

Comments:

Side note on Bishonen (or "Beautiful Young Men" for that matter):

1. A full sypnopsis of the story in Big5 Chinese can be found at the Bishonen website. The English version can be found at the Sg Boy Homepage.

2. Stephen Fung is the Aaron Kwok look-a-like male-prostitute and the scrumptious Daniel Wu is the tragic policeman.

3. Stephen Fung or Feng2 De2 Lun2 is also a budding new singer from HK. Recently he dueted a song called (Snow in the North Pole) with Kelly Chen Huiling. Check out his charming vocals too. This song is enjoying good airtime on FM933.

Just my few cents worth of contributions.

03/24/99 13:49:52

Name: kai24

Comments:

Dreamer. I understand how u feel. I guess we all start of somewhere, and feel the guilt built up by years of cultural and social pressures that gay is bad. dun be too harsh on yourself. :)

03/24/99 13:46:49

Name: kai24

Comments:

Aiyoh!!!!! It has been some time since I have been on, and I have seen this place evolve from a cruising story page to a page with something more than just sex. Looking at the page, I think only a handful was about cruising, and the rest is about a commun ty.. I have to say I have read the book and I know QingKang personally, and I do not think that cutting and pasting an entire chunk of his book on this website is a courteous thing to do. If you want, buy the book.

03/24/99 05:54:11

Comments:

AK

I just saw Beauty a second time. (It was a date lah. What a film to see on a date!) While I'm still not happy about the ending, I have some more appreciation for it now. There were a lot of things I missed the first time, and I could pick up a little more of the Cantonese.

And yes, those guys are beautiful. My friends and acquaintances are falling for Sam (Daniel Wu, who lives about 20 miles from SF, by the way)--one Asian friend who is normally only into ang mo and latinos said Sam could turn him sticky! But I liked Jet (e cept for the smoking) and Ah Ching the best. KS (Kaposi's Sarcoma?) was cute but obnoxious; I'd prefer Kwok Fu Sing to a Kwok Fu Sing look-alike.

03/23/99 15:54:48

Name: Indon boy

Comments:

I am a 24 yo Indonesian Chinese going to Taipei for a short holliday soon. Anyone can provide info on the scene in Taipei?

03/23/99 08:48:30

Name: cub My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Sextivity: close contact

Your Fav Body Type: lean & fit Your Nationality: sg

Comments:

Anybody has a password to share for accessing any man site?

03/22/99 16:41:05

Name: actionkid

Comments:

sigh.. Bishonen.. after all the hoo-ha, I simply had to check it out.. and it sorta swept me off balance..;P A simple yet fascinatingly complicated tale typical of our lifestyle. And yeah.. the guys are simply gorgeous.. :) I dunno.. I thot it gave a good depiction of the aimlessness of our cruising lifestyle and the emptiness that follows, and the constant search for love, the confusion, etc.. But I have to say.. I didn't really like the ending.. :( .. wished it could have ended less tragically. Anyway.. it's still a good movie worth watching.. esp for those who are still blur about what cruising and gay soliciting means, plus what happens thereafter. Singapore ain't any different from Hong Kong, it seems..

Talking about movies.. so, Shakespeare got away with the best picture and Gwyneth got the best actress thing.. with perhaps the longest nerve-scringing speech I've ever heard.. Oh well.. no disappointments lah.. though I still think Cate Blanchett (who looked ravishing.. :) ) was wonderful as Elizabeth.. How come the women seems to be performing so wonderfully all of a sudden? Anyway, I think all the best picture nominees are definitely worth our 7 bucks... except maybe Thin Red Line which I find, though visually and artistically exciting, is painfully draggy and aimless somewhat..

03/22/99 16:05:53

Name: jia

Comments:

Hi Guys! The MTV Men contest at Venom on Wednesday night starts at about 10:30. There was an impersonation of Madonna last Wednesday before the show. Of course the highlight of the night are the MEN!!! Cover charge is only $10 and include the first drink. After drooling over the men, you will need the drink. About Manhunt over at Modesto, hear the show was boring. Understand the men are younger and cuter over at MTV. Enjoy yourself.

03/22/99 15:39:14

Name: Ken My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Sextivity: Suitsex

Your Nationality: Singaporean

Comments:

John : I also like to see guys in uniform, but have not trying anything yet. Maybe we can keep in touch and have a talk on it. Anywhere anyone in unifrom want to chat pls mail me ok.

03/22/99 10:34:11

Comments:

Not to bore everyone with my brand of holier-than-dull self-help positivity anymore... has anyone read The Rainbow Connection? How's it? I very Swa-gu (mountain-turtle), dun even know if it's in mandarin or english. And all the hype abt venom's man hunt? nd ya, thanks Charles for the info.

03/22/99 10:31:29

Name: john

Comments:

Hi, I am a healthy 23/yo chinese singaporean male. My fantasy often involves men in uniforms, cops are very sexy, armymen, navy men etc. Uniforms always turns me on. Dunno why, I will always get excited when I see a nice uniformed clad men in the train, e c. The way the uniform clings on their hard bodies make my temperature shoot up.

Another fantasy of mine involves cab drivers, cab drivers are no longer old men, there are some young/middle aeged taxi drivers that are sexy. TIBS drivers are the smartest looking ones and the most sexy. I will always sit at the front seat hoping for som thing to happen. Does any guys share the same interest? Or does anyone had any encounters with guys in uniforms or taxi drivers? Does any one know how to contact them? Please help a horny guy!

03/22/99 08:17:32

Comments:

wah.. another ang moh visitor.. :) Kewl! Mckay.. aiyah.. with your kinda look, sure people wanna cruise one!.. nice to see that you're getting your money's worth at that place.. for ogling, if not anything else.. hehehe.. :P Anyway, I guess being gay is mor than just lusting after people.. As raily rightfully said, it is the same everywhere.. be it here, US, Europe, etc.. all the elements are essentially the same. We have our ideals.. we seek romance, we seek love, we seek acceptance. On the flip side, we a so seek sexcitement, we seek thrills, we seek fun. To each his own. For those absorbed in melancholia, I say, lift your head up coz life is never meant to be simple anyway... we make do as best we can with what we have in our hands and have the faith and trength to carry on. All of us have our doubts and uncertainties.. but we still live, right? Smile!

Okay.. I'm gonna babble a bit.. specially dedicated to my new IRC pals (u know who u are.. :P ) who've been asking me for more juicy 'insights'..;P

Okay... lemme start with last last weekend.. I accompanied a fren to some of the gay frenly clubs here and had a really fine time absorbing in the atmosphere. But then, it was time to go and I dunno wat got over me.. I decided to take a trip down memory l ne and take a cruise down Ann Siang Hill.. Yeah yeah.. it's been eons since I went there and no longer are there dark alleys, uncompleted shophouses, hidden nooks and crannies.. Everything is now so well lit up and well-preserved.. as though they've been ugar coated and splashed with neon paint. But nevertheless.. the moment I strolled through the carpark lot, I could already sense that it is still alive.. :) Yep.. there were cars cruising in and out, making turns round the carpark just to see any new deni en.. It was flattering coz a few cars drove past me and the guys winked and invited me in. But, hey.. the nite is young.. and I'm only just about to start! Heheh.. I walked instead towards Ann Siang Hill.. (I don't really know the road names.. I go by ins inct..;P) I came across this young guy.. a pretty boy with a slight effem touch, sitting by the roadside. He was obviously waiting for something. I gave him a quick smile, which he acknowleded and then moved on.. Just a few blocks away, there was this rat er sexy hunk.. nice bod.. sitting seductively at the walkway.. I gave him a quick glimpse.. then lowered my gaze.. and he returned me with an even deeper gaze. Hehe.. then he grabbed at his crotch and gave a casual rub. Wah.. I had to hold myself from div ng into him.. :P But, too bad.. a big bright cab drove by and stopped next to me.. thinking that I wanted a lift. Chey! In my embarrassment, I ignored the cab driver and walked briskly away. Further down the road, I bumped into quite a few guys.. but someh w, I wasn't really feeling too horny. Anyway, it was too bright.. and the cab drivers were irritating me.. they were everywhere! I decided to just make my way out and grab the first cab that comes by. Of course, I dallied coz other cars stopped too :P . I as surprised to see so many cruisers.. and it was already nearing 2am on a Friday nite. I have to admit, I felt like a bloody whore, sitting casually at the roadside while cars go past me and gave me apprehensive stares... Dun care lor.. I played the game . act expensive a bit.. :) Until my friend drove by! Hahah... I was sooo embarrassed! He stopped next to me and called out my name! Chey! Well.. I stood by the road and chatted with him.. with my head through his window.. I know there were other guys looki g at us, but dun care. I look like an easy pick up boy.. :) But in the end, we didn't do anything. He would have wanted to have sex, but I just told him I'm not horny.. he was nice enuff to offer to send me home.. :) Hmm.... sorry if this is quite tame.. ju t thot I'd share it first.. I've still got my trip down memory lane at Fort Road a few days back.. :) Maybe next time lah...

03/22/99 07:50:58

Comments:

Zen

Yawning Bread has just posted another essay.

Mckay

No need to sell yourself short. Just because someone is muscular does not mean they only like muscular guys. You obviously have some quality this guy likes.

While I have only a little muscle, lately guys have been flirting with me or saying "hi" to me at the gym. So they must see something they like. Haven't converted any of this to sexlicious adventures yet, more like your experiences.

03/22/99 02:34:03

Name: swimmer22

Your Fav Sextivity: 5 mile high

Comments:

Hello Guyz!

If anyone has been to MTV man at venom, Manhunt at club modestos, Care to review: prices/Show Time, and the highlights of each show? ta!

03/22/99 01:45:20

Name: raily My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Nationality: USA Ang Mo

Comments:

Hello to All.......I'm a long-time reader and first-time writer to your site.....I've made 3 visits to your great city in the past 2 years and reading your remarks keeps me there in mind and spirit. Its fun for me to decode the various locations mentione which I can do most of the time from memories of past experience and my trusty Nelles map.....And the problems and desires you write about are I think really universal with PLUs everywhere....We all have to deal with similar emotions as we realize who we are and how to get happiness and satisfaction from it....And learning from the hurts we get along the way......Also on the movie review topic mentioned recently....I just finally went to see "Gods and Monsters" which has been showing here for a while. A great and powerful movie I thought and it talks a little about some things discussed here----about being alone vs. committed to someone.....And Ian McKellan gives a super Oscar-nominated performance ....I am hoping he gets the Oscar...It should be the f rst time an openly PLU actor playing a openly PLU role (as the English Hollywood director of 1930s Frankenstein and other horror films--James Whale) would be so honored. Has it opened in Sp yet? If so I suppose they will cut the swimming pool scene with unky naked guys, but even so its a great film to see....More from me later I hope and thanks to all who make this place such a super good place to visit......

03/21/99 18:07:46

Name: Mckay

Comments:

I think it's quite some time since I last wrote about any cruising encounters...I mean there were some but they were not memorable...this one was "Ou ran" -- coincidental and therefore sweet and memorable. So I was at RW at Friday night for a Hip-Hop class. I was late and the choreography was rather complex to me! I just sat there and enjoy looking at the people dancing, anyway the two instructors were quite cute :P And there he was...looking ever o sheepishly and shyly. I turned to look at him who was outside the glass wall and he smiled at me. At first, I was quite taken aback, I didn't know someone was watching me for quite some time. Nevertheless, I smiled back, coz he's cute! ;P He was standing there for quite some time until the class ended! I went out of the class and walked past him. As I approached him, he tried to step back to make contact (hehe, he's really cute), but I was walking too fast and he missed me. After hecking my schedule and record at another corner, I walked towards the locker room, he saw me and gave another smile, I just smiled back. Frankly speaking, I didn't really want anything -- RW's locker room is very crowded, not very safe. I was at my locker, took off everything except for my undies and he just came in...I quickly went to the shower. After my shower, I came out, pack my stuff...I didn't see him. I went to blow my hair and there he was, sitting right beside me at his locker! He's still smiling at me...but he's shy I guess. I really didn't know what to do, I'm shy too! I just dry my hair and before I went off, I courteously said goodbye to him. I don't know why, but I just feel like I missed out something or what. So I sat at the reception and wait for him. He came out not long after, rushing down the stairs and walking very quickly, he seems to be rushing for time. Just as he try to ru pass the exit, he stopped and walked back, took a good look to see if it was me and he finally smiled and so I smiled to him again (what a smiling night, like beauty pageant!) He asked me if I was about to go off, I reckoned and he suggest we go for a q ick dinner opposite at CL. During the dinner, there was nothing much, usual intro, we exchanged no.s and he left coz he's got to meet his friend (BF? I wonder?) Anyway, yeah, nothing physical, but the underlying sexual tone was a bit too much for me to andle! :P He's cute, I saw him in half glory - nice body (well, most people at RW does have nice bodies!). The whole thing is, I didn't expect to be cruised in RW, I mean there are so many other better looking ones with better bodies...I was rather flattered by the situation. But well, he made my day, I think my trips to RW will be quite different from hat day onwards :)

03/21/99 17:19:22

Name: Sting

Comments:

---A Song--- Suddenly, for no reason at all, all the love in this world is still unsatisfying. Thinking of your eyes, thinking till I myself am confused, Unwittingly, Thinking till I myself am posioned.

Suddenly, I desparately seek protection. What if the world comes to an end suddenly? What if you simply let go? I only said "What if"

It's not that I do not understand. It's more because I simply want to set my sights clear. However, the image of you only becomes less and less distinct. The more concerned I am, the more care I show; However, in the end, not even a single kiss was retained.

I never asked for that to happen: History repeating. For in the end, everyone remained lonely; Your kindness had metamorphosed into my deepest sorrow. Will leaving you, help?

I never asked for that to happen: The ups and downs. For in the end, all relationships are lonely. Seeing that all love had turned into the heaviest burden. All because I seek your warmth and protection.

03/21/99 16:43:00

Name: Sg Boy

Comments:

A full review of bishonen + pics of the guys is available at Singapore Boy Homepage at http://www.geocities.com/westhollywood/heights/1554

03/21/99 15:15:33

Name: Scout

Comments:

For guys who really want to watch Bisohnen...I have came across pirated Vcds of this film at Sim Lim ..but not too sure of the quality ...thought u guys may be interested..take care.

03/21/99 13:55:30

Name: jaiSee

Comments:

Have you guys checked out the MTV Man at Venom on Wednesday night. There are some real good looking guys in the contest. Particularly like this Korean guy call John.

03/21/99 11:10:10

Comments:

2nd posting in a day... aiyah, needn't do so if only I've made myself clear enough. Hey Troubled, pls do mail me. I only mean to say you can take action, approach and find out if he's gay without disclosing yourself. If he isn't, you may want to reassess he situation. 'All that I want is just to find love, to have someone to share my joys and pain....' Please Believe me, I KNOW how it feels. Perhaps there are many others who's been through this too.

Who knows? Hehehe...maybe I AM your tutorial mate?? heer up and remain hopeful. Try focus on other meaningful things (studies, exercise, family etc) if dwelling on the relationship thing gives you the blues. I know sometimes we tend to be preoccupied with Love that we feel too drained to do anything else. et we know it's unhealthy. Maybe try seeing doing all these other things so that you are a better person, better able to love when your fated one comes. We'll do well to see the positive side rather than the less practical side of things yah?

03/21/99 05:15:46

Comments:

Troubled. Hehehe, hiyah, I tell you, I know perfectly what you mean.... I was in the exact same boat as you, and it striked me how your words resembles mine. Recommendation: Go talk to him as a friend, when you are close enough, ask in a most appropriate nd discreet manner if he's been in love before. That's what I did after 2 semesters of knowing this absolutely charming guy - of course, I was utterly broken-hearted when he started recounting to me his relationship with this girlfriend of his and bla bla bla bla bla bla....anyway, after that, it was only a while before I got him out of my system. In retrospect, the whole affair seems a bit amusing. But who knows? Maybe you are luckier than I was. Cheer up.

TT, thank you for your compliment. I would like to think I am a good soul too, despite all my countless other faults. Among them, I may have been too emotional at times, such that I'll start posting all the melancholic stuff here to let off steam.

03/21/99 02:21:00

Name: stocky

Your Nationality: almost singaporean

Comments:

Just discovered this place and it seem kinda lively with lots of banter around. anyway, i just came to realize that my body has turned stocky/ and or/ chubby and i am beginning to like guys who are stocky as well, especially those who have a "bad" guy look. Moustache, tattoos, beards. I have just started sporting these with the exce tion of tattoos, and notice that I have begun to attract these bad guys which is fun. I am 38, 5'8" and weigh 190 lbs - . was dismayed that my weight shot up to that. but inspite of lifting weights, i am maintaining my large arms and shoulders. anyway. th se are just musings. i am in the los angeles right now and find it difficult to hook up with stocky asian men. i never have a problem in singapore. but here they don't just come easy. would anyone know of tips where to go? stocky/

03/20/99 18:44:19

Name: Troubled

Comments:

"Already I'm so lonesome I could die" - a quote from the song Leaving on a Jet Plane." I have got this sudden lonesome feeling that I simply need to get it off my chest. I've been looking for a guy whom I can just fall in love with and know that he'll b there for me. Well, no one seemed to be able to touch my heart as I have sorta resigned to living a life by myself as a form of self-defense mechanism. Till I saw him; his eyes spoke volumes and I can't help but feel myself attracted to him. He's in the same tutorial group and I can just feel the stirings in my heart whenever we exchanged glances. Yet, we are just complete strangers apart from a few words here and then. I could never find a chance to go near him and really talked to him and the time s ent together during tutorials doesn't exactly count. I have so many questions flooding my mind now. I don't even know if he's straight or what but I've just got an unexplained feeling. I have never told anyone about my orientation and I'm the shy sort o guy. I guess he's not an open person too. What should I do? Should I trust my heart, my feelings and confront him or keep my pretence as a cheerful, couldn't care less type of guy? I hated god and it tore me apart to finally resigned myself as being gay, I don't want to go through it again. I'm so tired of acting and wearing a mask for my friends and family. All that I want is just to find love, to have someone to share my joys and pain, to hold hands and stroll down the park without being judged at. En ugh rambling and sorry for taking up the space, guess I'll just have to sleep my troubles away again.

03/20/99 18:24:52

Name: CHUB My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Body Type: Older Men With Salt & Peppa Hair

Comments:

EPISODE ONE - The Man Whom I Lust For All My Life Is Someone Who Is Married With Kids. He Is In His 40s With Salt & Peppa Hair, But What Can I Expect From My Fantasies About Him .. ? ... Nothing. Cuz I know That He Is Not Gay. But As I Got Older I Became ncreasingly Haunted By A Vision Of A Perfect Man Based On Him Which I Beleived I Am Destined To Find. But In Each Person That I Meet, I Would See Only What Was Lacking And In Every Place And Every Activity KNOW The Lack. Sometimes I Could Actually Hold So eone Else In My Arms And Fantasize That It's Him That I Am Holding, Telling Myself That Maybe This Is As Good As It Gets. Sometimes It's Hard For Me To Beleive That I Would Let A Relationship Slide Because Of Some Idealized First Crush, Something That Sho ld've Been Dead A Long Time Ago. But It's A Sad Fact Of Life That Sometimes We Just Can't Or Refuse To Learn From Our Mistakes. The Contradictory Pulses Of Guilt And Excitement, The Feeling Of Someone Elses's Lips On Mine As I Kept Telling Myself That It hould've Been Him That I Am Kissing, Somewhere In The Gap Between Those Two Emotions, Perhaps Is All I Am Looking For .....................

03/19/99 11:50:32

Name: A Fan

Comments:

Does anyone has any news on the former-SBC Radio 1 DJ Jenny Teo who use to host "Your Host Tonight" in the early 80s and later move on to Perfect 10 in the lates 80s? I am a great fan. Any news on her is much appreciated !

03/19/99 07:15:41

Name: still Charles

Your Nationality: still USA ang mo

Comments:

Oh, yeah, if you're on a LAN, make sure your cache is on your hard drive, and that any files you want to hide are on your hard drive. Network files are usually backed up as soon as they are written. Also, be familiar with whether your LAN even backs up your hard drive and if so, when. Get friendly with your network administrator.

03/19/99 07:05:26

Comments:

Not to scare anyone, but if you are concerned about your privacy while reading or posting to this BB, you may want to take some steps to protect yourself.

Sorry, but it is impossible to be 100% safe. If someone is determined enough to find you out, they probably can.

Still, I suggest you continue to use the BB since it is great support. It is better to risk BB use than to feel isolated. It's like safe sex. You can't be 100% safe, but you can be safer, and you'd go crazy without it.

If you surf at work through your employer's LAN, they can track what sites you visit.

Check what info your browser sends out about you:

I can see you

You also may want to turn off cookies and JavaScript, although some sites will not work. (For instance, Yahoo! e-mail requires both. But you can turn them on to use Yahoo! e-mail then turn them off when done. Gum mah faahn, haih mh haih a?) In Netscape, see Preferences, Advanced.

You may not want to bookmark BW, memorizing the URL instead. (Hey, all you really have to remember is Village/3652, right!)

You may want to clear out you cache and history. On Netscape, Edit/Preferences/Navigator. Click Expire now. If you have 4.5 or later, there is a second button to clear out the location drop-down menu. Clear that out, too. If you have an earlier version, there is a file you have to find to clear out the history on a PC, but I don't know what it's called, so if it concerns you, upgrade to 4.5.

Clear out your cache. Go to another page other than BW. Then, on Netscape, Edit/Preferences. Click on the plus sign beside Advances to reveal Cache, then click on Cache. There will be one clear cache button on the Mac, two on the PC. Click them all.

Now supposed you edit your bon mots on a word processor before you post. You have a little more cleaning up to do:

Close your word processor and delete your file after posting. Delete any work files. (For instance, MS Word creates a work file starting with a ~ (tilde) in the same folder as your source file.) It is also good to clear out c:\windows\tmp and c:\tmp after closing all files and applications (besides Windows Explorer). If you don't know how to use Windows Explorer, buy a Dummies book and learn. Computer skills will pay off in the workplace!

Clear out all recently used documents files:

On the Mac, check your Apple Menu for Recent Documents. You may want to turn this feature off. Not only will it increase your privacy but improve your system's performance. Apple/Control Panels/Apple Menu Options. Set number of recent documents to 0. You still need a set of safe documents to open to clear out your word processors recent documents list.

I don't know how to turn off the documents menu in Windows, but you could have a supply of 15 or so safe documents that you could open all at once from Windows Explorer (select them all and press enter). It is even better if they are in your word processors format, to clean up your word processors recent documents list.

Know your word processor! For some it may be enough to open a file to have it clear out your word processor's document list. For others, you may actually have to save the safe files loh in order for them to register.

For e-mail safety, if you use a free e-mail service, don't click on links in an e-mail message; it can send information about your password to the site you go to. Instead, copy the URL to your location field, and hit ENTER.

Don't e-mail Word 97 or 98 files; they contain hidden registration information, and can contain leftover info from earlier files on your hard drive following the end-of-file marker. You can't see them in Word, but you can read them in a file dump program.

Using Word's or WordPerfect's password feature is not sufficient. There are freeware programs that can defeat them.

Both Macs and Windows can easily do finds on words like "gay" or &guot;sex". You may want to check your hard drive for stray files.

On PC:

Start/Find/Files or Folders/3rd tab (I forget it's name)/Search for text

On Mac:

Go to Finder. File/Find. Then hold down the Option key and click on the lower left pull-down menu. Near the bottom, select Contents. Then type your search term into the box. Find will search your hard drive for files containing that word.

If you're really concerned, you may want to spend a few hours perusing the links at http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Interne...Policy/Privacy/ but the tips above should keep you mostly safe.

Wah liao! After doing all this you may be too tired to jack off after reading all the sexlicious stories on the BB. Nobody said privacy was easy :-( But, if you feel safer, you can relax and hit the airplane (HK slang) with a restful heart.

03/18/99 20:58:41

Name: TT

Comments:

To Zen, you must be a good man with beautiful soul judging from the statements that you have made.

03/18/99 17:43:29

Comments:

Charles!!!!!!!!!!! You mean the guys in Bishonen are str8????????? *Sianz*!

03/18/99 16:21:26

Comments:

I'm not sure if this is wise but i can't hold it any more. AK, you're right about infatuation driving us crazy. You're probably busy with new friends and maybe even forgotten about me. But I haven't. I know it can never be but as zen says, I just try to mile about it and remember that first time we met.

03/18/99 15:28:39

Comments:

TT, elegance? Thanks. Frankly I'm dismayed at my inability to communicate sometimes, a little tired that people don't believe me though everytime I bare my feelings and thoughts to them. Some are just uninterested, others just want sex. The comfort is in nowing there will always be people who truly understands me, those dearest people I spent a lifetime knowing. Too bad I don't have that many lifetimes to get to know everyone, wouldn't that be nice? Hmhm, anyway, we got to get past those moods and get dow to do something productive in life yah? If there be people easily moody like me out there in cyberspace, I found a real fast way to snap out of the blues - Smile. Try remember the good times and Smile. A smile has sacred powers, someone said before, it c rries you through a thousand woes. Or go help go help someone else in need … from experience, I guarantee that you'll very soon find your own troubles ridiculous and not worth a thought. Hopefully nobody feels my words now as fakery. Gd nite, everyone.

03/18/99 07:40:34

Comments:

sheesh.. wyzer, you've been busy transferring them G-files, eh? After reading it, I guess it just proves the point that we're not alone at all. There are MANY guys out there who are doing exactly wat we're doing here.. wat can I say? Live life lor.. be ha py.. :)

03/18/99 04:12:40

Name: Wyzer

Comments:

The G-Files : Case Eight File Name : Parkman Age : 33 Education : Graduate from abroad Occupation : Promo Producer During my teenage years, finding gay friends in Singapore was difficult. There were times I believed I was the only gay person in the country. When I finally came out to myself at the age of 17, my only outlet was to leave my phone number on the toilet wa ls. Thinking back on it, I am amazed at how bold it was of me to meet up with total strangers who called me up and asked me out on dates. Who knows what could have happened? But I was so desperate to make contact with someone. I was feeling so isolated. M only other alternative at the time was placing discreet ads in the Singapore Post. The paper was soon the victim of a government ban for accepting gay ads. How could I feel good about myself when the country I lived in was telling me there was something rong with me? I remember feeling very lonely, scared and depressed. Here I was, a young man in a country with millions of people, but I had no means of finding a partner, or even people with whom I could identify with. I was beginning to doubt if I would ver be happy. As I grew older, I began to hear about this thing called the Internet, but I never bothered to find out more about it. It was something unknown and strange. In order to reach out to people and fill my needs, I widened my circle of friends globally by placing ads in one of the international Asian magazines. I received several letters from guys in the US, and Singapore. However, writing was never something I wa very good at and having to communicate through mail was a chore. Not long after, I got tired of having to go to the post office on a regular basis to send the letters. The reward was never worth the effort. My sadness intensified. It was starting to get retty bad. Five years ago, at the age of 28, I began my adventure on the Internet through BBS postings. I was told that it was a great method of communication and a valuable source of information. I decided to give it a try. More and more people were becoming intere ted in surfing what was quickly known as the information superhighway. I was surprised by how much information I could obtain from the net. I discovered things that I previously knew nothing about. Ever since I logged into the Internet, it started a process that would give me a whole new life. On the net, I felt I was free to say anything I wished, and do anything I wanted. The next thing I knew, I was creating my own homepage to give a voice to my rustrations. The frustrations I have with this country, the frustrations of being repressed and the frustrations of being lonely. I guess it was my own personal way of claiming individuality in my country. Over time I slowly realized that I had a new coun ry. A country with many ports of entry made up of computer modems. A country with no borders, made up of people of every shape and colour. Though my body was trapped in Singapore, my mind and spirit soared to many new places. Over the years, my homepage has evolved from a single page with a picture of myself, to a site that provides tons of information, links, and of course details about myself. At first, I was hesitant about coming out in my homepage by including rainbow grap ics that are associated with homosexuality. After all, I am using a local server, and I could never know what our government would do to me, being so open about myself. But after much thought and fear I said, “Who cares?” Since becoming involved in the In ernet I have changed from a closeted guy to someone who thinks that he has the right to express himself, to be himself. Advertising my homepage to the gay communities internationally has helped broaden my circle of friends further. I am continually amazed by how many great friends I have met from all over the world. I have friends from whom I can seek help, from whom I can get advice, friends who are willing to go through my ups and downs with me, friends who show great interest in my well being. Two years ago my evolution on the Internet took a big leap forward. And in some ways it took a big step backward. I discovered IRC. Soon my time spent online became an addiction for me. Often I found myself spending whatever remaining time I had after wor , chatting away on the net everyday. I never wanted to go out to bars or clubs. I confine myself to my little room, at home every night, wasting my life away chatting on the net and updating my homepage. Though I received many requests to meet up with peo le, I often never have the guts to do so. It seemed to me that most guys on the IRC are not looking for friends but sex. Okay, I admit that there are times when I want sex also, but friendships are more important. However, that was a misconception and I have been proven wrong. My life changed a great deal at the beginning of this year, when I decided to meet up with some of the people I chatted with on the IRC. They turned out to be a great bunch of friends with wh m I can hang out with, share my experiences with, who can be here for me through good times and bad times. I have become more socially active with what is going on in the local gay scene. I now know more guys than I thought I ever could. I even took the i itiative to organize parties and gatherings. My life has changed for the better. I think that besides my personal coming out and the gaining of a network of friends both around the world and locally, the other amazing thing is I have even fallen in love on the Internet. I have met men that I thought I would want to spend the rest of m life with. Some of these people have traveled to Singapore to be with me and I have traveled to other countries to be with them. At one time a guy and I even began to make plans to move in together in the USA. I have to be totally honest and say that jus as I have fallen in love on the net, I have also had my heartbreaks. Whether you meet someone in a caf? or a chat-room, the moment one person decides they no longer want to be a part of your life, it can be very painful. But I would rather have the exper ence of a relationship end then have nothing at all. I think the Internet, for me, has been very liberating. But at the same time it has forced me to live life more fully. A big part of living life more fully is being in relationships. Relationships can bring great joy and great pain to our lives. Online I ave experienced both. I think that as we approach the 21st century, we have to rethink what we consider to be a valid relationship. Is the person I see every day at work considered to be more in a relationship with me then someone I chat with every night on the Internet? In ma y instances the person I chat with online is more open and intimate with me then some of the people I sit with daily. Recently I was in Canada and met a friend who I have known via email and ICQ for over 2 years. After one day in his physical company it w s as if I had known him forever. He made a comment that he felt the same way. At another point, I knew that this person and I were really friends when three months into our Internet life together we actually had a fight. We only fight with people we care bout. The way we meet people and become intimate with them will never be the same because of the Internet. I also think that political and social processes will radically change over the next few decades. For everyone in this country, Singapore will no longer be able to exist in a vacuum: especially on issues such as homosexuality. The Internet has awoken many gay and lesbian people in this country to the freedom that should be theirs. They look around the world and see people living freely and openly without threat of persecution. Singaporeans will soon be willing to stand up and claim those rights and freedom for themselves. The world has become a very small community all of a sudden. We get to see the beauty of other cultures and they get to see the beauty of ours. However, we also get to see the injustices in other cultures and in our own. The world will be forced to change and mature. I do not imagine a perfect world but hopefully a more tolerant one. Without the Internet I would still be a scared little boy in my room, alone and depressed. Coming out online has helped me become truly passionate and I have begun to live.

03/18/99 04:09:34

Name: wyzer

Comments:

PREFACE by Assoc Prof Duncan Holaday This exploratory study makes no claims to reliability or validity in the statistical sense, but clearly stakes out a territory for bold and honest examination. It is a pull-out-all-the-stops, no-holds-barred grapple with the sensitive and current topic of gay communication in Singapore. What it lacks in rigor it makes up in impact, ending as it does with these lines from one of eight anonymous cases taken from the G-Files of The Rainbow Connection. “Without the Internet I would still be a scared little boy in my room, alone and depressed. Coming out online has helped me become truly passionate and I have begun to live” One of the powers of research demonstrated in this work by Ng King Kang is open to question what might have been taken for granted or hidden from view by the prejudices that control public discourse. What is revealed here, through a sort of rough and read triangulation among facts and findings is the human side, the real living persons who inhabit the terrain beneath the sociological problematic. For this sort of work, it appears that King Kang has a special talent. The singer-songwriter cuts through the argon and gets to the heart. King Kang and his supervisor, Dr Katherine Frith, should be congratulated for finding a successful solution to the problem of reconciling an incorrigibly creative spirit with the sometimes confining corridors of graduate study. On the way, an enormous amo nt of information has been gathered and made available for future studies. More than that, perhaps, a little oil has been applied to the hinge of a very heavy door.

03/18/99 04:08:04

Name: wyzer

Comments:

The Rainbow Connection: the internet & the singapore gay community This pioneering book, the first of its kind in Singapore, examines the relationship between the Internet and the Singapore gay community and the implications resulting from it. The nature of the Internet has allowed a safer and freer environment for the g y community to interact with each other, express their sentiments, and voice their opinions about homosexuality. Ng King Kang, a full-time journalist with LianHe ZaoBao, examines the impact of the Internet upon the gay community in Singapore. The Rainbow Connection: the Internet & the Singapore Gay Community is a candid look at the how the gay scene in Singapore has changed since the advent of the Internet. Salient to the study is how the Internet has empowered the gay community emotionally, socially, and sexually. Areas such as changes in behaviour, the effectiveness of the Internet as a communication tool, the usage pattern of the Internet, and the kind of applications that are used most frequently (and with what results) by the gay community in Singapore are dealt with. Adopting a qualitative and quantitative approach that consists of questionnaires, in-depth, open-ended interviews, and direct participative observation and commentary, this study also includes a section named the G-Files, where eight gay men in Singapore rite about their experiences on the Internet. Findings suggest that access to gay-related information and the use of other new communication methods among gays on the Internet has a strong impact on the gay community (in Singapore) in terms of better network communication, connections between them, a d the organisation of social activities. In the Internet era, being gay is not the same as it used to be.

03/18/99 01:08:23

Name: just-sex

Your Nationality: Sg

Comments:

Hi

how's everyone? been out of a "relation". coz the other party wanna just sex while i wanna more from it. isnt it ironic, as my nick suggested otherwise >_

03/17/99 21:21:41

Name: TT

Your Nationality: Singapore

Comments:

To Zen, your emotion is just as elegant as the character in Bishonen.

03/17/99 17:40:32

Name: indacloset

Your Fav Sextivity: anything mutual

Comments:

just had a weird sexcounter just now .... was at a certain MRT station near a certain tertiary institution, just taking a leak n minding my own business, when this guy at the next urinal smiled at me. i returned his smile n noticed his gaze was directed at my organ. i glanced at his crotch n saw him caressing a pretty fine specimen. he then reached over and lightly caressed mine ... bringing an instant response. i signalled him to go outside .... he led me to the toilet of a nearby cinema and we proceeded to am empty cubicle (of course the entire toilet was deserted ... a very convenient spot) .... we proceeded to undress and examine each other's specimens more c osely ... he proceeded to give me the best blow i've ever received ... it was excruciatingly wonderful ... i only lasted ten minutes before erupting into his mouth ..... i was in a daze from the rush of adrenalin .... wanted to return the favour but he just smiled, got dressed and left ... what a sexperience!!!!

03/17/99 12:49:29

Name: Chan2 / Zen

Comments:

Hehehe, sorry, I mean to say I read (rhymes with 'bread') Charles's comments on the film, not asking you to read it.

03/17/99 12:31:32

Comments:

Hi guys, the new BLUR album '13' is out in shops. I just got a copy of the album. '13' will not win new fans. '13' does not have a 'Song 2'. '13' is not as radio friendly as Blur's last album. However, Damon Albarn and Co. reached another milestone in the r approach to music. One UK critic described '13' as 'post punk, swamp blues attack with traditional mosh madness'. Blur tries to outdo itself with each album. The sound of Blur could not be described as anything but complex. One should hear Blur live to eel its full effect. However, Blur will not tour to support '13' Last night on the day of release of '13', Blur played its only UK date at the Golders Green Hippodrome to an invited audience, the event was heard live over London's Radio 1. If you guys wa na catch that concert, you can watch it in full at Blur's website 'www.blur.co.uk'on 23 march. '13' was produced by William Orbit.

03/17/99 12:19:54

Your Nationality: SG

Comments:

Eeey, to Anonymous, read Charles's posting on the film... hope I haven't pass my temporal blues to anyone. Surely my posting cannot match Bishonen's tragic elements? Anyway, my mother says that's actually my cousin in Malaysia...mmm wonder how he looks li e now. Probably will visit them in the coming vacation?

03/17/99 10:52:53

Name: issey

Comments:

hi lament28, u mentioned dat ur bf is seeing someone else and treating u like a spare tire. i ever had the same experience too. i decided to give uo him. no point. i have a chinese song for u which i will type a few lines of the lyrics here in hanyu pingyin. the song s titled "meng1 xing2 shi1 fen1". *sing* zao1 zhi1 dao1 shang1 xin1 zhong1 shi4 nan2 mian1 de, ni3 you4 he1 ku4 yi1 wang3 qing2 sheng1... you3 xie1 shi4 qing2 ni3 bu4 bi4 wen4, you3 xi1 ren2 ni4 yong3 yuan3 bu4 bi4 deng2. *sing* issey

03/17/99 08:04:54

Name: lament28

Comments:

Has anyone got himself trapped in a relationship whereby the bf is not really to commit but you are and worst still, he's also seeing other people as he has not made up his mind? Can he be so cruel as to take advantage of my feelings for him to string me long as a spare tire? Even though we are still seeing each other, it hurts so bad to know he is out with another guy. What can one do when it comes to affairs of the heart?

03/17/99 07:08:00

Comments:

Ah Sotong Ah

Thank you. I have much to learn from you too, like about romance. Like, what's *muak* *muak*?

BW

Sorry, I worded my comment on my failed HTML rudely. (*Sigh* isn't that like an ang mo to tell Asians what to do :-| ) Please be so kind as to correct my wretched HTML. Thank you.

(***** From BW :- okay Charles, it's fixed. I understand your dismay when you carefully tested and tested to avoid breaking the page. Yet something still goes wrong and you can't fix it. I appreciate your efforts to be creative in your postings :-). No Venture, No Gain. *****)

Mckay

You are right on about Happy Together! Very sexy, even though they are breaking up. Yonfan sex scenes, while they do not reveal the actors are str8 (that's what he said during Q&A) are quite circumspect.

03/17/99 04:30:19

Name: Jimmy

Comments:

Get a load of this guys (?Gals?). Ng King Kang, a full-time journalist with LianHe ZaoBao has published a book that examines the impact of the Internet upon the gay community in Singapore. "The Rainbow Connection: the Internet & the Singapore Gay Community" is a candid ook at the how the gay scene in Singapore has changed since the advent of the Internet.

Check it out at http://happening.com.sg/art/1999/features/march/rainbow/

Even Pacific Internet's homepage carries a hyperlink to this site ! Talk about letting gays have a say....

Anyone read the book yet ?

03/17/99 03:31:39

Name: VCD

Comments:

Do get cheated by these people. They will deliver the VCD with wrong contents.

03/16/99 22:14:12

Your Nationality: Singapore

Comments:

To Zen, your last posting and the moods are same as the Bishonen. My friend called me from States after the premier view of Bishonen At San F last night. Most of my friends called me after the film.

03/16/99 18:10:38

Comments:

Anybody watched tonight's Ally Mcbeal, there's something brief about homosexuality but viewed in a humourous way, TCS let it pass...I mean Georgia and Ally Mcbeal french kissing...they did it infront of a very boring guy who's interested in Ally so as to iss him off.

03/16/99 17:13:30

Comments:

Charles!You are sooooo right!!! Boy do I have lots more to learn from you! *muak* *muak* Okie, new tag line : Cum as you please, but leave your cum outside pleazzzze! :)

Hey, I like that part about smoking in the back yard! :)

03/16/99 16:53:06

Comments:

Flipping through some old family albums looking for inspiration for an assignment essay of mine. All the funny hairdo and clothing in black and white photos, unfamiliar faces of a bygone generation... then I saw his face, smiling, flawless, the perfect cr ation, gawd I swear I've never ever seen anyone as handsome before, all-manly yet with the sweetest boyish charm. It's as if his eyes were looking right into mine. I ran my finger through his hair and softly caress his smooth baby face, then pressed light y on his lips...like performing a sacred ritual, touching the divine I do not deserve. My body all weak, like being washed away by the waves of a raging sea. Lust alright, yet fused with something very like Love, though I know not what Love is. Must be go ng crazy, lusting over a stranger in an old photo. If alive, his beauty will have been taken away from him. Worse still, probably he's one of my elder relative....haha....whatever has gotten into me? Perhaps I should go to bed, like how I sleep my trouble away, then awake in the morning seemingly clear-minded again, back into this wierd Wonderland world.

Sorry guys, excuse my moods.

03/16/99 16:13:10

Comments:

Bishonen, Bishonen!!!!!!!! Everybody should see Bishonen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanx Charles for putting that up, I didn't even know such a film exist! And why is it not in the Singapore film fest!???? *Sigh* It's really a good film, so nicely shot, the c lour especially. They use nice filters and the result is very colour balanced print. There are some Wong Kar Wai shadows though...I mean the eliptical editing and freeze frames -- slightly cliched. I think the story is very realistic, closely following our gay culture and the sex scenes...er...not as hot as I thought. I think it's not even comparable to Leslie and Tony...they are really the classics. I think Leslie and Tony's performance are so classic that it is enough to imprint into most str8 audie ces' minds and probably enough to make them puke. Hence in Yon Fan's film, he didn't really emphasize too much on the sex scenes...it's just kissing and carressing -- just trying to show us, "ya know, they're at it". Anyway, I have yet to analyze more, t's a good film and ok, the guys are cute :P

03/16/99 10:15:05

Name: dan

Comments:

Does anyone has any pictures or profile of the TCS actor and wushu expert Vincent Ng? Seen him in a 8 Days picture once and what a body he has, lean and mean muscles, and what a0 prefectly formed 6 pack of pure muscles he has. Add to his boyish and perfec smile, he is one hunk who make me melt and hard. I've been shooting my load with him in mind.

03/16/99 09:59:53

Comments:

to allow your partner to fxxk your ass without protection, or to swallow your partner's cum, or to let your partner release his cum inside you, etc are NOT acts of love. Ideals are fine.. but I think we should use reason to differentiate wat's right and w t's not. To make love to someone is to be one with the person, physically and emotionally, with no obligations nor expectations, except the mere thought of sharing that moment together and seek joy as one entity.

03/16/99 09:46:55

Comments:

Hi guys, show and heard two of TCS' Christopher Lee's songs over the TV and realised how terrible TCS is. Christopher does not have talent in being a singer. No matter how slick the music clip is, it does not hide how bad his singing is. The songs are bor ng, Christopher only sings in one octave. TCS really know how to package its no talent artists. Christopher only has 4 songs, including a comic and VCD and they dare to sell it at $25!. Christopher's fans snapped up 10 000 of it over the weekend. Al least WXYZ's CD has some drum and bass sounds to it, Christopher Lee's Story has nothing. Do not buy it. Christopher should also drop that David Gan as his 'stylist'. Mr. David Gan really made christopher as a 'high class Ah-Beng'. Wonder how many TCS 'artists' ave any talent or style, they are just like puppets of the station. What they should do is to inject more style of their own. People like David Gan who only cares about the 'latest fashion' make most of the actors look like Ah Bengs and Ah-Lians made good I rate Christopher Lee's Story a 1/10.

03/16/99 07:44:07

Your Nationality: USA ang min

Comments:

Hey, BW, whatever Sotong didn't break, I guess I did, so you'll have to fix it for both of us! I'm missing the </FONT> after oh yes, that's it...yeah... oh... it feels so good...". Sotong is missing the closing quote after the color in his first FONT tag.

Deuihmhjyuh bo!

03/16/99 07:37:22

Comments:

Sotong

It's not easy being green.

Interesting definitions. My experience is not so simple, but a mix of the two.

My picks:

Having Sex : It can be done with anyone including strangers.

Making Love : It's a whole body experience.

Making Love : You'd want your partner to enjoy it as much as or even more than you have.

Having Sex : Tends to be self-fulfilling. If the other party didn't enjoy it, then it's his loss.

Well, I do want my partner to enjoy it, but there are limits as to how far I'll go to ensure that. I will attempt to be considerate of him while attending to my own needs.

Making Love : Involves lots of hugs & kisses.

Making Love : The feeling lingers on long after the act's over.

Having Sex : You do it cos your dick wants it.

Making Love : There's a union of the bodies & souls.

Having Sex : The only union here is a cocktail of yours & your partner's spunk.

It varies.

Making Love : There's a glow on your face that lasts for days.

And if they want to smoke they can do it in the back yard!

Making Love : When your partner wants to have it with you, you feel on top of the world, you feel young and you feel loved.

Having Sex : When the other person initiates it, you feel like you're a hot stud.

Again, some of each.

Making Love : You'll find yourself humming "After the loving, I'm still in love with you...."

Well, not that song. But definitely humming or whistling.

Making Love : During the act, you'll find yourself saying "Please kiss my little brother... oh yes, that's it...yeah... oh... it feels so good..."

Although I still call it my dick, not my sailou. :-)

Making Love : You don't do it in the toilet.

Making Love : Your partner's probably your colleague, someone you met at a party, or an introduction by another friend.

Having Sex : Your partner's probably someone you met in the toilet, MRT, the swimming pool, JP, SC, RC or FR. And you'd probably ask for his name only after making out!

Mostly, but not entirely, the former.

Making Love : You're floating on air and when your best friend ask "You did it with him, didn't you?" You'd smile and reply "Yup!"

That's it for my answers. Not to put a damper, but the following item has been responsible for a lot of HIV infection:

Making Love : It means so much to you to have his love juice inside you, either administered orally or anally. That's because you want part of him to be with you wherever you go.

Having Sex : You'd want nothing to do with his juice. When accidentally taken orally or anally, you fret whether it could be HIV infected!

This is a dangerous concept. There's a lot of things you can do to express your love without putting yourself (or your lover) at risk, and love has never been a prerequisite for taking come up your butt. Furthermore, if he really loves you, he will not dare to put you at risk, and I would hope you would do the same for him. Sorry to sound cross (although I am in fact cross), but if we could get rid of this particular romantic concept (love=taking come), we would be a lot better off in reducing the AIDS epidemic.

03/16/99 03:41:09

Comments:

A few people said I keep writing about making love and not about having sex. Well, what's the diff? Yeah, what's the diff indeed! I believe it's more than just a line black line that differentiates the two. Here's my CANDID comparison o the two though it may not be exhaustive. Maybe you guys can add to the list.

Making Love : You do it with someone you love.

Having Sex : It can be done with anyone including strangers.

Making Love : It's a whole body experience.

Having Sex : Tends to be concentrated just around the crotch and butt region.

Making Love : You'd want your partner to enjoy it as much as or even more than you have.

Having Sex : Tends to be self-fulfilling. If the other party didn't enjoy it, then it's his loss.

Making Love : Involves lots of hugs & kisses.

Having Sex : Usually devoid of these.

Making Love : The feeling lingers on long after the act's over.

Having Sex : The feeling's short-lived and gone once your dick goes flaccid.

Making Love : You do it cos your heart wants it.

Having Sex : You do it cos your dick wants it.

Making Love : There's a union of the bodies & souls.

Having Sex : The only union here is a cocktail of yours & your partner's spunk.

Making Love : There's a glow on your face that lasts for days.

Having Sex : The only glow's when you sit up on bed to light that cigarette once you're thru.

Making Love : When your partner wants to have it with you, you feel on top of the world, you feel young and you feel loved.

Having Sex : When the other person initiates it, you feel like you're a hot stud.

Making Love : You'll find yourself humming "After the loving, I'm still in love with you...."

Having Sex : You'll find yourself thinking "Hmmm.., did that bloke get more out of it than I did?"

Making Love : During the act, you'll find yourself saying "Please kiss my little brother... oh yes, that's it...yeah... oh... it feels so good..."

Having Sex : During the act, you'd probably say "Yeah, go on and suck my cock! Yeah! That's it you cocksucker! Now suck harder! Ooo... yes! Suck harder!!!"

Making Love : You try your best to fulfill and satisfy that one and only partner.

Having Sex : You go from bed to bed and succeed in wrestling the title of most prolific fxxker from the neighborhood mutt.

Making Love : You don't do it in the toilet.

Having Sex : You can do it there.

Making Love : Your partner's probably your colleague, someone you met at a party, or an introduction by another friend.

Having Sex : Your partner's probably someone you met in the toilet, MRT, the swimming pool, JP, SC, RC or FR. And you'd probably ask for his name only after making out!

Making Love : Though you're a "top" you're willing to offer your butt when your partner wants to do an "in-depth" study of you.

Having Sex : If you're a "top" and that bloke tries to probe you, you'd probably tell him to "fxxk off!!"

Making Love : It means so much to you to have his love juice inside you, either administered orally or anally. That's because you want part of him to be with you wherever you go.

Having Sex : You'd want nothing to do with his juice. When accidentally taken orally or anally, you fret whether it could be HIV infected!

Making Love : You're floating on air and when your best friend ask "You did it with him, didn't you?" You'd smile and reply "Yup!"

Having Sex : You're looking distracted and when your best friend ask "You did it with him, didn't you?" You look at him point blank and ask "He who!?"

03/16/99 02:32:13

Name: bobo

Comments:

what's the number of the VCD thing?

03/15/99 16:43:27

Name: Adrian

Comments:

To dreamer : I am quite glad to see someone so like me. I WAS like that as well, confused and dazed but a couple of bad experiences quite like yours helped to make me realise what is important. You DO NOT have to subscribe to your friend's way of life, no to some of the other regulars here. Just be yourself. I know how you felt, cos the empitness is normal after satisying your lustful desires ....... especially for die-hard romantics like us. But do take note that there are some who take advantage of your immaturity. Just be more wary of ppl out there and do what you think is right. I would love to help if you would want to talk about this to someone who have been there. Have seen some other young friends of mine who were led astray ..... but then its thei choice right? Just take heed that its a scary world out there, either toughen yourself to face it head on, or join them. Think about it ok? No offence to other regulars out there. Just trying to help the little guy here.

03/15/99 16:40:49

Name: bubble My URL: Visit Me

Your Fav Sextivity: oral Your Fav Body Type: slim, washboard

Your Nationality: singaporean

Comments:

I received a gay VCD listing thru' the letterbox and called the number. They claimed having clear original XXX VCDs at affordable price delivered to house block. Wonder if it is safe and if they are true to their words on the quality of the VCDs. Any enco nters?

03/15/99 09:26:36

Comments:

Zen: Alex, the author of Yawning Bread, is alive and well, if that is what you are trying to ask. :) I suppose he is just too busy with his work or he has no worthwhile articles to put up at the moment. Why don't you e-mail him and ask him if it really bo hers you? --- another Yawning Bread reader.

03/15/99 05:19:36

Comments:

Hmmm, I think this is the 2nd time this question is asked, anyone knows about Yawning Bread?? It's been a while since it is last updated.

03/14/99 16:00:04

Comments:

perfection. what perfection?

if even you are gutless to pursue,

how am I to go in pursuit?

i wish to do as my heart desires,

if even you do not oppose me,

who shall dare oppose me?

nothing matters, nothing matters

come, anesthetise me. that i may forget the understanding so crystal clear…

nothing matters anyway

come, numb every of my senses.

the greatest ecstasy shall beget sorrow,

if you should show no guilt,

then so shall I bear no regrets.

should all the glory of the world be destroyed

let me have my peaceful sleep, o peaceful sleep

come, anesthetise me. that I may forget the understanding so crystal clear…

nothing matters anyway

come, numb every of my senses.

it's immaterial anyway,

we meet the same end whichever path we take.

should everything becomes tasteless, I wouldn't mind

stopping in the middle of the journey.

come, anesthetise me. that I may forget the understanding so crystal clear…

nothing matters anyway

come. numb every of my senses.

grief? grief wherefrom?

how could i possibly? surely i would not.

nay, i just want to be drunk,

be drunk that's all

plain water? whatever.

performed by faye wong

translation, chinese lyrics by lin xi

03/14/99 10:24:15

Name: dreamer

Comments:

Hi to all. I just discovered this page today and I must admit that it is really hot.The stories were some of the most explicit that I've ever read.Yet, Ihad to keep on reminding myself that they were not fiction....they were experiences about real people. And that m de it even more confusing for me. I'm a 19 yo who has very limited experience.I do have 3 frens who r gay.And I'm not like totally innocent.My fren thinks I'm like the funniest person cos I have all the fantasies and ...hopes as to what the gay scene is like. A week ago, all my dreams came crashing down.I had phone sex(my first and last)with a stranger whom I had chatted with on the Net....and afterwards ,I felt so damn dirty and empty inside.I've never felt this way before....it was a truly horrible experienc .It seemed to me at that moment that the scene was filled with pple with the "cum and go" attitude and that I would never find that someone whom I have been looking for so long. I've accepted the fact a few years ago that I'm drawn to guys.And I've seldom felt guilty about that.I ogled at hunks,salivated at cute boys and had numerous crushes.3 years ago, Ihad my first sexual experience with a fren(one of the 3 I know) and for a long time after that I felt confused.Confused cos after that nite, my fren acted as if nothing had ever happened between us (up til now).I'm not in love with him and it was both our first times and we really didn't do much anyway.Now he is like aving lotsa fun with other pple while I'm still in this pathetic,lonely state. My disastrous experience last weekend over the phone dazed me even further.I cried over the phone to another fren ....and he laughed at me, saying that it was normal and stuff and that it was nothing at all to be blue over.I was incredulous...but didn't p otest much.Afterall, I took up the offer to call.It just didn't turn out to be the way I expected especially since the other party just put down the phone right after it was finished. These words may sound extremely silly and boring to u pple out there but this is really how I feel. This page made me realise how easy things can happen between pple who don't even know each other's names(I hope I don't sound too judgemental but I'm really dazed). Perhaps I'm a die-hard,hopeless romantic (who knows,I may turn out to be the greatest hear -breaker of all someday) but please do give me some advice on how to handle all these emotions. Hoping to be accepted and not turned away again. Dreamer

03/14/99 04:46:56

Name: Brandon

Comments:

Our eyes met more than once as u walked down the stairs with your frens into the food court at Suntec City last nite. I was standing there waiting for my frens. I could not really tell if that look is a look with interest but I for one would like to know ou. So if you see this short note here, and I'm really hoping you would, please write back.

03/13/99 21:33:17

Comments:

Allan James, if I were you and I can afford, of course I'll go. Probably because I'll just do anything to be with my bf (like I have one?). I dunno, that's how I thought so, or maybe if I were to really, really have such a situation, I might do the oppo ite. Gee, getting attached sounds so alienating to me now...*Sigh* Is it natural for people who are unattached to think that people around him are always attached? I think my thoughts are getting unhealthy...but anyway...*sigh*

03/13/99 09:07:13

Comments:

I just saw Yonfan's film Bishonen (Beauty), about a gay love quadrangle in HK, between two hustlers, a cop, and a pop star. It was well made and the guys were beautiful and the sex was often hot. An interesting touch was that there was a omniscient (gosh, I feel like Ahboi) narrator who voices over every so often to explain what was going on inside the characters' minds.

The hustlers make money picking up ah peks and bedding them, but one hustler falls in love with a (sexually unavailable but friendly) cop, and it changes his life (for the better).

I was not so happy with the ending. *** SPOILER ALERT *** To avoid giving away the ending to anyone who doesn't want to read it, I have made the text as unreadable as possible on the regular page. View Source to read it. Unfortunately, I cannot suppress the text on text-only browsers, but you can click here to skip past. ***

It turns out the cop was once lovers with the other hustler in his pre-hustler days, then with the pop star, and the two of them (the cop and the 2nd hustler) turned to hustling to support the pop stars free-spending habits.

When the cop is found out by the first hustler, they wind up making mad love, which the cop's father walks in on. Feeling he has disappointed his father, the cop commits suicide, but not before writing a romantic farewell letter to the hustler (the current one, not the long-ago one).

I was unhappy with this because death of a gay character has been such a staple of films in the past. The director (who attended the showing) defended his choice because the cop was trying to be perfect, and couldn't be, and couldn't deal with his father's disappointment. The director also felt the cop's desire to be perfect was unrealistic and doomed to fail. The U.S. distributor, Quentin Lee (director of many gay shorts and co-director of Shopping for Fangs) stated that he felt the ending was very romantic. *Sigh* I support the right of the director to tell his story, and there certainly have been HK films where the gay characters didn't die (such as A Queer Story) and even had a happy ending. But it is difficult for me to be fully satisfied with such an ending. *** END SPOILER ALERT ***

Hope I didn't break the page.