Male HQ

Can A Straight Guy Love A Gay Guy?

fredgr

If a 'straight' guy loves a gay guy, or any other guy in fact, he is not really straight in the first place. Just saying.

So logically, your sentence doesn't even make sense.

But if it is not romantic love but love as in friends or brothers should be quite normal, I think.

Edited by Impere

"Well, I didn't know it would come to this but that's what happens when you're on your own."

technically, i would say yes.

however before any straight guy reaches that stage where he thinks if he has fallen in love with another man, gay or not, he would have stopped himself because he has perceived himself to be straight therefore such a situation is too rare to be even considered.

"The two of us are living in the same era, believing in the same future

Yesterday’s tears and today’s smiles will stay true

We’ve experienced the same pain, we’ve gathered the same kindness

And we’ll turn them into the strength to live on tomorrow"

progress - ayumi hamasaki

Honestly, my gut has it that 'straight/gay' is just a way for human to oversimplify things. There may be some tendency to like certain gender of some sort, but I think it's possible for human to like anyone regardless of their identities (although the chance of someone who is dominantly straight to like guys is much much slimmer).

But if we're going to be strict on definition, then I agree with Impere. If a guy is die die confirm straight, then nooo... he won't love a gay guy. If he does, he is gay in the first place... or at least, has become one.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

I think its the case where str8 fren is just concern about gay guy n then gay guy felt that its more than concern n falls for him. Meet up often, chat on phone n sms does not means he is interested. I suggest u find ltr with an aj instead as chances with your fren is really slim. Plus if u tell him u r aj, its not guaranteed that he would keep it a secret, unless u dun mind others knowing

straight/gay refers to sexual orientation... it has nothing to do with love.. If I did not understand wrongly love and sex should be separate... We all love our parents / siblings but so not have an sexual preference towards them.. Eg. A straight dad loves his gay son.. Does this answer the thread topic?

Love knows no boundaries.. Regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, breed, of cos gender... Some pple love their dog so much... Why can't a straight man love a gay boy

then u go fall in love n hv sex with a big breasted girl lor... since love transcends all.

Assumption: u r referring to lovers'love and not friends love or brotherly love. This straight guy is damn fxxking straight and not bi or curious abt gay sexual act.

Answer is no. Don't be stupid and allow those stupid illusions of "love has no boundaries" to blind u. Stop wasting ur time asking these type of questions and go look for a gay guy to fall in love with.

Hi guys, thanks for the answers so far. :)

okay, let me clarify certain things.

when i say 'straight', i mean that is how I perceive him to be or at least that is how he appears to be in front of others. so, i dont know whether he is really 'straight' or not. if I am so lucky he may be bisexual or gay lol.

this leads to another big question: how can we tell someone is gay or not? okay, pls dont give me the gaydar shit cos it won't work in this case lol.

and when i say 'love', i mean like love in the romantic sense of the word.

@cvbv1987: cool. how did it happen? lol. care to elaborate? hehe

haha.. we were buddies in BMT. and yeah we got really really close. I mean people will argue against me by saying thats what all buddies are in BMT but in my case, it was really different la. Lets just say we ended up doing a lot of things a STRAIGHT guy will NEVER do. and i mean it when he is straight, he has a girlfriend of 6 years, they are going to get married i think.

maybe, it is just the feeling i think. I asked him before, "do you think you could like guys in any way?" and his reply was a little crazy but interesting cause he told me, "i don't like guys, i just like you only"

i was obviously on top of the world when he said that but yeah, i could be very certain that he is straight.

Dun think its possible. If a 'straight' guy really fall for a gay guy, it means he is not exactly that straight in the first place. Straight guys who show concern to you treat you as friends or brothers and nothing more than that.

A straight guy would have feelings on a gay guy after long time of being together and building a firm friendship but he would maybe resist in sexual relationship

That kind of feeling is based on friendship or brotherly love. Sometimes if you express yourself and want something further than that, u might risk losing a friend.

Guest Been there

I had a striahgt buddy, totally dude, visit pros now n then, and had a galfriend. We were really good buddies and had sex parties, hetero stuff only. I was bi, but really attracted to him .. Infact the reason why i hang with was just that. We were close and sometimes he shows the kind of look that shows he really like you. At times he will just touch my face or mess with with my hair and say things like" i will really fall in love withu if u re a gal...." haha..

That the closest i had before.....

I juz feel things need not get too complicated.... :)

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

I think sexuality is a spectrum, instead of strict categories restricted to straight/gay/bi/queer.

On a spectrum, one end is completely straight. The other end is completely gay. I think most people fall in around the middle area where attraction to both sexes is possible, though having unequal chances.

So a straight dude may be more interested in girls, but there is a possibility of him being attracted to guys too

So yes. possible.

I think the rules are simple:

Guy likes a woman = Str8

Guy likes a Guy= Gay

Guy likes Guy and Woman = Bisexual

If a Str8 guy told u that he likes guys too....hes not tat str8 afterall~~

exactly. there may be more bisexuals than total straight/gay in this world.

pressures in society have 'forced' bisexuals to call themselves 'straight'.

a total straight/gay guy will not like every girl/guy he meets.

if a 'straight' guy says he likes only 1 guy and not other guys, i congratulate him as he finally discovered the 'type' he likes and that he is really bisexual.

• Guest locked this topic