Male HQ

Uncle Hong's Fusion Massage @ Telok Blangah

Mature

His massage consider good but he is not 'STRAIGHT' my dear.

Hope that my post won't offence anyone. I dun wish to know whether Mr Hong is straight or whatever. Seem like he is so skillful which make me want to try his massage but i just like to know whether is Mr Hong straight acting? Cos i went to a straight massage shop bfor and the one that serve me was so sissy acting that really make me feel uncomfortable.

1. Professional and very good massage.

2. He is Uncle NOT sissy.

3. Highly Recommended !

Wow!!! Mr HENDRY TAN, my heartfelt THANKS to YOU for such amazing compliments, and

must admit that this is my "Bread-n-Butter" to survive.

Hence, you have truly inspired me to be more diligent to survive better.

Thank you so much.

Regards

Uncle Hong-Telok Blangah ... Tel 9068 9211

• 2 weeks later...

This is UNCLE HONG, HOMEBASE Masseur at Telok Blangah wishing all FATHERS of this Forum's Members and Viewers

a VERY GRACIOUSLY HAPPY FATHERS' DAY on Sunday 17th June 2012.

Also, such gracious Greetings must go to all my Customers through this Forum's exposures since unforgotten 27th Aug 2012.

My massage svc on this day will be " FIRST CALL FIRST SERVED " ... So look forward to serve you soon.

Regards

UNCLE HONG ... TEL 90689211.

This is UNCLE HONG, HOMEBASE Masseur at Telok Blangah wishing all FATHERS of this Forum's Members and Viewers

a VERY GRACIOUSLY HAPPY FATHERS' DAY on Sunday 17th June 2012.

Also, such gracious Greetings must go to all my Customers through this Forum's exposures since unforgotten 27th Aug 2012.

My massage svc on this day will be " FIRST CALL FIRST SERVED " ... So look forward to serve you soon.

Regards

UNCLE HONG ... TEL 90689211.

Hi. BW cus,

My apology for the above posting's typographical error ..... to all my Customers through this Forum's exposures since

unforgotten 27th Aug 2011 and Not year 2012.

Please forgive me.

Regards

UNCLE HONG .... Tel 90689211

• 3 weeks later...

* * * UNCLE HONG's SEGMENT about ' Sharings ' :

1. Massage : Technics were Not derived from just One-Single Culture BUT many the World over.

2. Fusion Massage : That's the reason why my formulated massage technics are being applied to achieve the followings.

.... (a) Stimulation or rehalibitation of the whole body or part of it.

.... (b) Rejuvenation of ' tensed-up ' muscle tissues.

.... © Relaxation of Mind - Body - Soul.

3. Such " Wellbeing " is Everyone's necessities looking forward.

Regards

UNCLE HONG - Telok Blangah ... Tel 9068 9211.

• 2 weeks later...

UNCLE HONG's SEGMENT about 'Sharings'

1. Massage Technic: Stimulation or Rehabilitation of the whole body or part of it ;

.. (a) After an initial stretched warmth-up in prone-position, stimulation would commence from the

.. neck / shoulder simultaneously b4 proceeding to the muscle, 'Rhomboid' which is between

.. the Scapula (Shoulder-blade) and Spine's muscle, 'Trapezius'.

.. (b) Hence, stimulation would be continued along the Spine's muscle, 'Trapezius'.

.. © Thereafter, stimulation would proceed to the lower regions where tensed-up muscles usually

.. happened at the calf muscles, 'Gastrocnemius' and the rear of the thigh, 'Hamstrings'.

.. (d) Before turning over from prone-position, further stimulation would be enhanced through

.. rhythemically-inclined continuous palms-pounding from the heels to the neck soothingly.

.. (e) In short, stimulation is an apparently 'trouble-shooting' effort on those problematic muscular

.. zones causing intensive strains, thus leading to physical / mental lethargy.

Regards

UNCLE HONG - Telok Blangah ... Tel 9068 9211

UNCLE HONG's SEGMENT about 'Sharings'

1. Massage Technic: Stimulation or Rehabilitation of the whole body or part of it ;

.. (a) After an initial stretched warmth-up in prone-position, stimulation would commence from the

.. neck / shoulder simultaneously b4 proceeding to the muscle, 'Rhomboid' which is between

.. the Scapula (Shoulder-blade) and Spine's muscle, 'Trapezius'.

.. (b) Hence, stimulation would be continued along the Spine's muscle, 'Trapezius'.

.. © Thereafter, stimulation would proceed to the lower regions where tensed-up muscles usually

.. happened at the calf muscles, 'Gastrocnemius' and the rear of the thigh, 'Hamstrings'.

.. (d) Before turning over from prone-position, further stimulation would be enhanced through

.. rhythemically-inclined continuous palms-pounding from the heels to the neck soothingly.

.. (e) In short, stimulation is an apparently 'trouble-shooting' effort on those problematic muscular

.. zones causing intensive strains, thus leading to physical / mental lethargy.

Regards

i received a message from a member here saying that Uncle Hong attitude is bad.

I went to uncle Hong for massage regularly and I personally do not think that he has a bad attitude. May be there is some misunderstanding there is why your friend has commented that. Uncle Hong is a nice guy and take pride of his job. If you want a good massage you should try it out.

i received a message from a member here saying that Uncle Hong attitude is bad.

1. Presuming the member is your friend otherwise he wouldn't PM YOU. could you verify with him what actually happened?

2. By putting a statement saying a masseur having bad attitude through hear-say is kind of irresponsible as a member in BW.

3. I went to Mr Hong twice and he preformed his works well and at times like to do thing in his own way; just for the benefits of the customers in his mind. Example, he asked all his customers for stat to understand your health status. I felt uneasy when I first visited him. U can opt out if u want to.

4. My advise is why don't you try his massage to tell your friend otherwise. Also, he likes to provide professional massage and try to accommodate his customer. But if u r looking for fun or sensual kinda massage, I would advise u to go elsewhere.

5. FYI I'm Not associate with Mr Hong.

I've been to Uncle Hong's for a massage.

He is a little eccentric but very serious about his work.

I respect him as a masseur and he respects me as a client.

Good enough for me.

HI, Glowingember,

I am gratified by ur supportive posting. Thank you v much.

Regards

I went to uncle Hong for massage regularly and I personally do not think that he has a bad attitude. May be there is some misunderstanding there is why your friend has commented that. Uncle Hong is a nice guy and take pride of his job. If you want a good massage you should try it out.

Hi, Mature,

I am gratified by ur supportive posting and felt inspired. Thank you v much.

Regards

1. Presuming the member is your friend otherwise he wouldn't PM YOU. could you verify with him what actually happened?

2. By putting a statement saying a masseur having bad attitude through hear-say is kind of irresponsible as a member in BW.

3. I went to Mr Hong twice and he preformed his works well and at times like to do thing in his own way; just for the benefits of the customers in his mind. Example, he asked all his customers for stat to understand your health status. I felt uneasy when I first visited him. U can opt out if u want to.

4. My advise is why don't you try his massage to tell your friend otherwise. Also, he likes to provide professional massage and try to accommodate his customer. But if u r looking for fun or sensual kinda massage, I would advise u to go elsewhere.

5. FYI I'm Not associate with Mr Hong.

Hi, FriendWB,

I am gratified by your supportive posting about recap of your experience which is a morale booster for me.

Thank you v much.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

UNCLE HONG's SEGMENT about SHARINGS:

EFFECTS OF TOTAL MASSAGE: REJUVENATION & RELAXATION ON MIND, BODY & SOUL

.. Rejuvenation leading to Mind, Body & Soul is $!^*| amalgamated feelings of after-effects of restoring and uplifting to youthful body conditions, provided the massage session comprised of recognised authentic manipulations done within sufficient duration wholly.

.. In short, if the above cohesive effects were achieved duly, then it would be a positive 'Heavenly' massage session and surely valued for $$$.

Regards

UNCLE HONG's FUSION MASSAGE @ TELOK BLANGAH ... Tel (65) 9068 9211.

Hi! Hi! Hi! SINGAPOREANS,

Let's celebrate our Day of Independence on Thursday 9th August 2012.

I must wish all Singaporeans in this Forum a Very Happy & Gracious NATIONAL DAY ahead.

Regards

UNCLE HONG's FUSION MASSAGE @ TELOK BLANGAH ... Tel (65) 9068 9211.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, BW MODERATORS,

It had been long being forgotten to THANK our Forum's Moderators for labelling my Thread's name

as " Uncle Hong's Fusion Massage @ Telok Blangah ", which is appropriately related to my kind of

massage applications being 'Fusion' types ......

Once again, THANK YOU very much.

Regards

Uncle Hong's Fusion Massage @ Telok Blangah ... Tel (65) 9068 9211.

• 2 weeks later...

UNCLE HONG's FUSION MASSAGE SEGMENT about 'Sharings' :

!. After this Forum's Moderator re-labelled my Thread's name favouritely as 'Uncle Hong's Fusion Massage @

Telok Blangah, I sincerely felt compelled to write up about my procedural.massage concept of Fusion Massage

for BW members and viewers alike's awareness.

2. Fusion Massage comprising of 3 prominent massage technics such as Stretches, Acupressures and

Deep Tissue frictions is Mandatory if I am allowed to express so.

.. In sequence, before embarking onto the body massage proper, overall stretches ( from feet to shoulder ) are

needed as warming up to open up / loosen up the tight body's joints and muscles mass.

.. Then, the starting point would commence from Neck / Shoulder simultaneously either in Semi or Deep Tissue

frictions to meet the physically lethargic conditions of the body.

.. Subsequently, base on our body's anatomical structure, various appropriate massage applications such as

Deep Tissue frictions and Acupressures, would be needed to meet the conditions of the inter-linked lethargy to

the body's structure / muscles mass, which is the root of our body's problematic conditions affecting our daily

lifestyles be it sedentary or not of all races and ages universally.

.. While intermittent Stretches are equally useful to compliment its massage process, at the end of the Whole

Full-Body massage session, a final precised stretch would truthfully warm-down the whole process, thus

refreshing one's Mind, Body and Spirit.

.. This is Fusion . Fusion . Fusion Massage for your Total Wellbeing.

Regards

Uncle Hong's Fusion Massage @ Telok Blangah. Tel ( 65 ) 9068 9211.

• 2 weeks later...

Uncle Hong, do u give extra? Or u choose play mate?

1. Mr TURBO, am deeply grateful for your tiredless effort, writing to my BW Thread creating

awareness of my massage svc to our Forumers.

2. However, answering to your recent concern about whether I would give ‘extra’... ???,

Yes, as promised, I shall provide you ‘extra massage effort and duration’ over and above my

Stated 90 mins for a revised humble package price-tag of S$70 nett since May 2012.

3. Reason: Haha !!!, simply becos you had earlier in March 2012, enquired if I charge more

for bigger size like ‘angmo’ , and hence I responded that you will Not pay more for this condition.

4. Mr TURBO, apparently you are such an active Forum Member with full of enthusiasm

Sharing your numerous massage experiences to one and all in this Forum, and for this positively

I SALUTE YOU.

5. Another of your concern, asking if I choose ‘play mate’, then no offend to inform you that

such choice is Not My Motto todate, as I am a senior citizen and unashamedly must admit to be

still persevering in disguise to survive by this physical job as a homebase masseur.

6. In short, my rightful choice is to be sincerely paid for my massage effort endeavoured duly.

7. Moving forward,I strongly believe your continued natural enthusiasm in this Forum would be

Accompanied with EMPATHY. Once again, looking forward to be of svc to you, and THANKS and

GOD BLESSED .

Regards

UNCLE HONG’s FUSION MASSAGE @ Telok Blangah ... Tel (65) 9068 9211.

• 2 weeks later...

UNCLE HONG's FUSION MASSAGE SEGMENT about 'Sharings' :

MASSAGE MANIPULATIONS :

Applied with Oil on body tissues (muscles) would subsequently benefits the vascular and nervous

systems of the body.

Interestingly, the following manipulation terms are highly recognised internationally and practised intensively

by Professional Spa Academies all over the world.... EFFLEURAGE / PETRISSAGE / TAPOTEMENT.....

Effleurage : In lay-men's term, it's a Warming-up and Finishing strokes performed with both palmer surfaces

.. of the hands together or alternately over the areas to be treated duly.

.. If correctly applied, such manipulations would improve general blood circulation and increase

.. lymphatic flow, hence waste-products being removed to induce relaxation thru soothing of the

.. sensory nerves-endings and gradually aids scaly skin.

Petrissage: Following effleurage manipulations without further delay, petrissage manipulations appropriately

.. should be followed by the following movements ....

.. Kneading / Picking-up / Wringing / Rolling / Friction ...

.. The above followed-up movements are usually pressure-exerted onto the muscles according to

.. conditions of the muscle tone.

Tapotement: In massage, tapotement are known as percussion movements which come from several forms,

.. such as Hacking, Cupping or Pounding, out of which, any one form may be randomly selected

.. by the Therapist who may deemed fit for stimulating the lethargic muscles.

Regards:

UNCLE HONG's FUSION MASSAGE @ Telok Blangah ... Tel (65) 9068 9211.

• 2 weeks later...

UNCLE HONG's GRATITUDE :

1. Only an anniversary into my full-time Homebase Massage Svc, I already served quite a substantive no.

.. of helpfuI IT professionals who readily offered to guide me in computer know-how being a late-learner.

2. Then came ONE truly amazing Cus. in his 30s whom I addressed him as Mr Eastman, offered to re-design

.. my previous Profile"s icon in this Forum Thread, and guess what it cost me? ..... It was F.O.C.

3. THANK YOU !! THANK YOU !! Mr Eastman, humble and a self-taught creative IT professional who have

.. a hectic job in and out of Singapore, managed to salvage time to self-brainstorm his inspirations for such a

.. lively-concaved graphical symbolic icon to represent my signatured "Fusion Massage" technics.

4. Once again, THANK YOU !! Mr. Eastman.

Truly yours

To : A Member who emailed me with a Pen-name : " ....................... "

1. I agreed to the content of your email.

2. May I seek ur understanding that it wd be more appropriate and cordial to reach me personally

.. without email due to certain IT technicality of this Forum before accepting ur appointment.

3. Pls DO NOT SMS as you are Not in MY CONTACT LISTING yet to be able to identify you.

Looking forward to hear from you. Good Day To You.

UNCLE HONG's FUSION MASSAGE @ Telok Blangah ... Tel (65) 9068 9211

Edited by fusion

1. I agreed to the content of your email.

2. May I seek ur understanding that it wd be more appropriate and cordial to reach me personally

.. without email due to certain IT technicality of this Forum before accepting ur appointment.

3. Pls DO NOT SMS as you are Not in MY CONTACT LISTING yet to be able to identify you.

Uncle Hong is a senior gentleman who speaks English.

After reading the posts, I understand he does massage only, and not other stuff. So I called him to book a session.

The following comments are my opinion only. It's okay if we disagree.

From the first time I spoke with him and the questions he asked me, things seemed a little odd.

I found his manner of talking as rather rude. He himself may not be aware of it. Perhaps he is just being eccentric.

He commented on my being overweight and proceeded to give me pseudo scientific advice about exercise and losing weight. (such advice was not solicited.)

All these time, I listened quietly and respectfully even though I did not agree with some of his comments.

While facing down, he massaged around my shoulder blades for quite a while on each side. It was painful and I told him so. I told him about the pain a few times and also moaned in pain. He remarked each time that I should endure.

(when I got home and looked into the mirror, I found the spots on my shoulder blades red and bruised) Other parts of my body were fine.

At one point, while facing up, he lifted one of my legs about 30cm off the bed and told me to hold it there. It reminded me of PT lessions during army days. I couldn't hold it for long before putting my foot down. He chided me for not trying hard enough.

(At this point I was thinking, I am here for a massage, why do I have to put up with this? In order to give him the benefit of doubt, I kept quiet.)

The session ended within one hour, including the "consultation" that I had with him. Frankly, I couldn't wait to get out.

Throughout the session, I remained respectful and always responded gently, not wanting to make a scene and respecting him as a senior.

Your experience with him may be different, and I can respect that. Perhaps I was not his type.

His technique may have been good for other people, but it definitely was not good for me. I thought he was experienced enough to cater to different client's needs and threshold for pain. Apparently, he was not.

There are better people providing good massage from the list. I feel the money would be better spent at another service provider.

Not everyone who claims to do fusion massage knows what they are doing.

Fusion massage can be a skillful blend of techniques that work. Or it may mean a half-past six mixture and rojak series of massage moves.

You decide for yourselves which one applies to Uncle Hong.

I agree too. I see no Professional Massuer will ask about weight & age before even stepping in but he does. If that's not wanting to choose who he serve, I know what next. Besides, he thinks too highly of himself.

N soon, he will bombard me. Watch it. Ha ha.

I agree too. I see no Professional Massuer will ask about weight & age before even stepping in but he does. If that's not wanting to choose who he serve, I know what next. His massage was alright though. Besides, he thinks too highly of himself.

N soon, he will bombard me. Watch it. Ha ha.

Edited by Turbo

TO: dilbertsg

1. Mr dilbertsg, you have prompted me to acknowledge your aired unjustifiable allegations against my

.. hard-earned $70 @ 90 mins massage svc after half a month since 16 Sep 2012 at 2.00 pm.

(a) Judging/viewing your vivd Field Report in this Forum, from my record I assumed you came and

.. left 2 hrs later abruptly without completing its full course.

(b) Its duration included consultation chats on your Health Profile, Lifestyle for record and Shower.

© As such, alleging your session ended within 1 hr inclusive of consultation time is grossly unjustifiable.

(d) But I hv no qualm over extended duration as I am not a commercial joint where time matters $$$.

2. You found my manner of talking as 'rather rude' as quoted from your posting. So implicated by well

educated man in your status is Not "rude" to post unjustifiable allegations to cause detrimental image of

my svc on pretext that it's okay if disagreed.

NOTE: Remember, this Forum's Membership hv stipulated Rules n Regulations by our respectable and

kind Moderators providing Free Memberships without prior questions other than min age requirement.

Fortunately, I can read your frustrated posting to destroy my 'rice-bowl' while you are in comfort zone.

3. Having heard that your usual 2 sports recreation are In-door and Out-door type that requires an

inevitable exertion of your full arm to swing, is it Not appropriate to advise you to watch your weight

being already slightly unfavourable for such exertion esp the out-door type need pounding of whole

body in constant jumps throughout the game ? Is this Not Health Hazard within your Health Profile

and Lifestyle ?

(a) As quoted that 'such advvice was not solicited' is absolutely and sincerely true if you are paying

.. a cheap $70 for 90 mins session to a Certified Massage Therapist and Not a Qualified Chiropractor

.. or Qualified Physiotherapist.

4. You found the spots on your shoulder blades red and bruised is apparently an untrue 'tell-tale' to

aggravate the matter on your skin surface only.

(a) NOTE: I did not specifically worked 'on' your shoulder blades as alleged because I only applied

.. thumb-frictions with cream 'on' your 'Rhomboid Muscle' located at one side of your shoulder blade

.. (Scapula) and Not around as alleged. Due to continuous frictions, I am well aware that after my

.. frictions done, your skin i.e. the 'Epidermis layer' was reddish in a line and Not spots to be alarmed.

(b) However, should this conditions persisted todate, please forward your duplicated Medical Bill even

.. in your absence by representative or by Post is ok, I shall honour to reimburse you in Cash or cheque

.. as deemed required.

5. As alleged that I told you to hold onto one leg after being lifted by me about 30 cm off the bed is

Not correct because my approximated lift is habitually Not more than 15 cm for effectiveness to the

lower back region. Unconsciously you lifted to 30 cm off the bed because you were apparently unable to

withstand its suspense at a lower height as advised to you.

6. Also, you said that you remained respectful and always responded gently, not wanting to make a scene

and interestingly respecting me a Senior is undeniably and Disrespctful with Unjustifiable Allegations into

this Mass-Media to tarnish my IMAGE and REPUTATION based on your svc.

7. Lasrtly, you alleged that my blend of Fusion techniques may mean a 'half-past six' misture and 'rojak'

series of massage moves, is in comparison with your undeniable also 'half-past six' muscle mass with also

'rojak' series of muscle aches throughout your body as told by you during Consultation.. "whole body aching".

based on your own unsatisfied self crafted

Field Report that my massage svc was a far-cry of your supposedly valued for $$$ homebase massage svc.

8. In short, Mr dilfertsg, ask your inner conscience if you have been sincere in your widely-aired allegations

against me or I have been sincere to deserve earning your $70 massage session allegedly incompleted after you

said to me ... "you are not to be blamed" after I apologised to cause discomfort to you without finishing the

front part of your body by abruptly stopping me.

Hope your supporting Member-Buddies will BLESS you FULLY

Responded by :

UNCLE ONG's FUSION MASSAGE @ Telok Blangah ... Tel : (65) 90689211.

Dear Uncle Hong,

The time and date you mentioned is wrong. I was not that guy.

Please do not attribute these comments to the person and wrongly accuse him.

In this forum, people share their opinion and give field reports.

Please take this feed back constructively.

I think you misunderstand what is the meaning of "unsolicited advice". It means advice or comments that you make which your customers did not ask for.

Overweight people already know they are overweight. They do not need you to point out the obvious. They are there for a massage, not for weight reduction.

You call it Rhomboid Muscle. Laymen like us call it muscle around shoulder blades. The fact is that the friction you applied caused the Epidermis layer to result in a reddish line. (This is by your own admission.) Such reddish lines should not occur in a normal massage. Even when the customer give you feedback about pain several times, you chose to persist in that movement.

What happened to listening to your customer's needs? No need to be alarmed at red lines? Easy to say when it is not your body getting it.

(To be fair, the red lines did go off after three days. There was not need to see a doctor.)

Whether it is leg lifting for 15cm or 30cm off the table, is there really a need to do this movement when the customer can't perform it? Is there a need to chide him for not trying hard enough?

And I did not mention any where that your massage service was a far cry from others.

Please read carefully.

I simply asked your customers to decide for themselves how they view your fusion massage. They can decide whether your version of fusion is really skillfully blended or just a mixture.

If you are really good, no one can tarnish your image and reputation.

No one can so easily destroy your rice-bowl.

You have your supporters and regular clients who are comfortable with your style. Your massage technique works for them and they will continue to engage your services.

They will come out in your defense and support you.

Every home-based provider listed in this forum have customers that like their technique and those that don't. No service provider can please everyone. Some people will agree with this post and some will not. This is just the nature of an internet forum.

By the way, this blowingwind forum is also an age restricted forum catering to a very specific group of people (likely a very small group) in Singapore. No one is trying to use the Mass-Media to hurt your business. So, relax, this is just feed back posted in a very, very tiny part of the internet.

@dilbertsg: well said....very diplomatic and mature in your explanation.

@Uncle Hong: you need to understand that people are not trying to destroy you. Take the feedback from your clients positively and improve on those areas if possible. I am also amazed that you replied to your client in BOLD and CAPS below...which sounds very rude to me:

I am not your client, neither have we ever been in contact before....just someone standing from a neutral side observing the whole thread. And after seeing that comment you made here, it makes me think twice about engaging your service. Why can't new inquiries contact you by SMS? Do we need to pass certain level/hurdle in order to be admitted into your elite contact list? Sorry to be blatant here but it does seem that you're selective over your clients.

In your past postings, you thanked your clients and even extended your blessing to them. However, once you received negative feedback on your service review, you went to the extent of flaming and almost cursing your client. This is an attitude that's uncalled for.

Just my 2 cents worth and please...please don't flame me. I sincerely wish you can improve on your shortcomings and experience greater business in the future.

Dear All

Personally, I have not tried Uncle Hong's massage, but have heard rave reviews on his good use of massage techniques from friends who are regulars in the home-based circuit. The bona fide ones who are genuinely seeking good massages to ease tensions, aches and pains recommended me to Uncle Hong. The ones who swing to the far end expecting happy endings are just thrill seekers looking for quick fixes - and more often than not, we need to take their reviews/field reports with a pinch of salt.

Let us not go into a defamatory mode, and stay objectively driven to what you would like to achieve at the end of a massage session.

1) What is it that you are expecting from a home-based massage?

• If you are looking to walk out feeling refreshed, eased of all body aches and pains, I believe Uncle Hong is able to achieve that, given his wealth of experience in the field of massage. For those who are expecting "more than" just pure massage, not even going down that road of mentioning "it" explicitly, and if they do not get what they want, this is where they feel they are not getting a bang for their bucks - and seek avenues like BW to air their grievances. If the forum allows, they start to flame and influence members to stay away from using the service provider.
  • In this instance, I am quite sure Uncle Hong has lived up to delivering his massage service - perhaps not five-star resort spa standard, but decently rated massage therapy which features a gamut of different massage techniques.

2) Service beyond Massage

• Having read Uncle Hong's forum briefly, there have been many comments about his "service attitude". Let us look beyond what is offered on the plate. Home-based massage service is essentially an alternative to seeking more personalised one-on-ones, as opposed to the commercially driven outfits. The menu of services offered for home-based is definitely not as extensive, amenities may be basic, and ambience spartan. Of course, price is also reasonable.
  • Uncle Hong may well be in his 50s - a "gentleman" (as one of the forumers put it) who operates in a non-commercially driven outfit, but possesses a wealth of experience in the massage circuit. For a person who can perform a good, decent massage, I think we have to acknowledge the fact that he is great in what he does.
  • All of us have our quirks and ethics in dealing with people, and Uncle Hong is no exception. I am sure he has his good and bad days. He may be chatty to one, and cold to another, but let us all acknowledge one thing - we are there to receive a good massage to ease our pains, and not look for soulmates for our personal problems. Uncle Hong, on the other hand, will probably need to brush up on his interpersonal skills and show a little more tact when dealing with sensitive issues.

I believe some of us have our day jobs to keep, and the masseurs in this forum have mouths to feed. More so, what draws everyone beyond their comfort zone and to BW forum; to find little pockets/avenues to stay connected and build strength amongst like-minded people. Hence, before we start penning our grievances, perhaps, we should take a step back, look at the detriments of what we potentially would bring to all parties - and this definitely does not reflect well, industry wide.

My take and two cents worth. Have a great evening to all.

Edited by skin2skin

Hi. Mr skin2skin

1. Very very much appreciated for your highly respectable UNANIMOUS editorial-like thoroughly written

.. Opinions as an unbiased 'by-stander', more so as not yet acquaintanced in this deemed respectable Forum.

2. Hence and notwithstanding the past misunderstandings, I will Not Harbour any ill-feelings or thoughts

.. whartsoever, and also will cherish your favourable advices with inspirations to look forward positively.

.. THANK YOU !!! Mr skin2skin.

Regards

Dear skin2skin,

Your post was one of the nicest I have seen and read. It was well formatted and beautifully written.

Please understand I are not flaming or attacking a service provider. The points I have made are not personal attacks. The comments made refer to certain actions and outcomes that occurred in a setting of a clean massage session.

I can see that you mean well. In your opinion, we need to take the reviews of "thrill seekers looking for quick fixes" with a pinch of salt.

It's very easy to stand aside and make concilliatory comments and appear nice and understanding.

As you have not tried personally tried Uncle Hong's massage, I would strongly encourage you to do so.

After all, you "have heard rave reviews on his good use of massage techniques from friends who are regulars in the home-based circuit". That's a powerful and influential source of reference.

Time to show you have courage of conviction for the comments you make and the views you hold.

Talk is cheap. If you really mean it, put your money where your mouth is.

Book a session with Uncle Hong anonymously. It's only $70 for 90 mins for a service provider with rave reviews. That's a bargain you should not miss. (How often do you find service providers with rave reviews for only $70?)

Do not hesitate. It's for a good cause for a gentleman in his 50s.

"Rave reviews", remember?

And from "regulars in the home-based circuit".

What more assurance do you need?

Keep us posted. We look forward to hearing from you and reading your well formatted posts.

p.s. If you have the guts to follow your convictions, don't forget to bring a salt shaker with you. You may need to take more than a pinch of salt for those "rave reviews".

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

It was my first time trying Uncle Hong's massage last week. I am staying anonymous as to which day I visited him, but also an opportunity to steer clear of all thwarted views - as some of us here seemed to be on a biting mode.

I was greeted by Uncle Hong at his simple, spartan home. We sat down for a chat and review on my needs for this particular session. I shared with him about my problem areas, primarily my shoulder blade and neck. We proceeded for the session, where he performed a fusional massage - incorporating a combination of balinese, shiatsu, and deep tissue. The few long strokes which he had given were intensely gratifying, and soon after, I could feel a good lift off in the burden on my shoulder and neck.

As to Dilbertsg's last reply to my post, the remarks he has made are derogatory, and he certainly does not hold the rights to challenge me to try a session with Uncle Hong (I do not even know dilbertsg personally). I tried his massage not for the sake of taking up his challenge, but for the reviews I get from people who have attended sessions with him. His adoptive styles are good and effective in treating aching muscles and pains. Hence, my thumbs up for meeting my primary objective.

I am equally appalled by how Dilbertsg has remarked that "Talk is Cheap", and "That's a bargain you should not miss". I think we are not in a position to judge how anybody's monies should be spent. To Dilbertsg, $70 for 90 mins may be inexpensive, but this may not hold true for some of us. Hence, I am also doing the double take to remind Uncle Hong that as customers, we need to feel that we are not shortchanged by the service you offer. In fact, my session with Uncle Hong ended slightly later than 90 mins, and I am appreciative that he is not rushed throughout the session.

While my convictions are based on what my friends have shared, and certainly not the unnecessary challenge dilbertsg has set, I must say the overall experience at Uncle Hong's place was pleasantly pleasing, and I know for sure that I am getting my money's worth for the relieve of my aches and pains.

Again, I need to caveat that it is based on a true account of my experience and my views remain unprejudiced.

Have a great evening to all ;)

Edited by skin2skin

Hi skin2skin

Your testimonial posting pertaining to my massage svc during your recent anonymous visit is undeniably

an immensely meaningful review and a 'morale booster' with inspirations for betterment in my massage

career looking forward.

However anonymous and curious inwardly it may be, due to the discreet situation of your patronage in

my homebase massage, I am taking privilege in this respectable Forum to THANK YOU sincerely and truthfully.

Looking forward to be of svc to you again.

Regards

Dear Skin2skin,

Congratulations! Now we have a new supporter for Uncle Hong. I hope you keep using his services often. (Actually, all this publicity is good for Uncle Hong.)

Do you think my remarks are derogatory? Read my post again. I was just asking you to take action based on what you believe.

My comment that "That's a bargain you should not miss" is meant as a recommendation, although a sarcastic one given the context of the post. No one is trying to judge how you spend your money. Stop being so paranoid.

In fact, it was your remarks that I find derogatory. You said "The ones who swing to the far end expecting happy endings are just thrill seekers looking for quick fixes - and more often than not, we need to take their reviews/field reports with a pinch of salt."

You conveniently labeled those who gave negative reviews as "thrill seekers looking for quick fixes" and "expecting happy endings" without giving due consideration to the many earnest people looking for pure massage only who have tried Uncle Hong's massage and experienced a less than satisfactory session.

You insulted these past patrons of Uncle Hong and made such derogatory remarks here. That is really uncalled for. They didn’t do anything to you to get judged and labeled by you.

How can you claim to be "unprejudiced" when you have already taken sides and defended Uncle Hong even before trying his services?

You lost your right to use the term when you chose to take sides earlier. So stop trying to act like you are "unprejudiced" when you are really trying to find a reason to justify your own opinion. Please stop acting like an impartial self-righteous bystander.

Also note that your massage session came after my post. So, strictly speaking, you will be experiencing the new and improved Uncle Hong who has read the feed back and taken steps to improve his service. So, it is really not possible to compare your experience with those who had their sessions earlier.

Do you even understand the term "rave reviews"? If you use it you should check out what it means. One definition is "an extravagantly enthusiastic appraisal or review of something."

Your described that your session as only "pleasantly pleasing". That would not qualify as a rave review in my opinion. What happened to all the “rave reviews” you had "from friends who are regulars in the home-based circuit"? Where are their reviews? Are they really “rave reviews” that you claim they are? Just because a review is positive does not make it qualify as a rave review. I hope you understand this.

Apparently, even your own session did not result in a rave review. Do you see the hypocrisy here?

If you really feel it is that good, why do you need to put a caveat? Just support whole-heartedly. Be a man of conviction, not a man of caveats.

Your formatting of the earlier post may be good, but your command of the language needs improvement. It would be more fun to argue with you if you take the time to really understand the meanings of the words you use. Otherwise, it would be like discussing the intricacies of Chinese fine dining with the economy curry rice store owner.

(Before you label me as some elitist scholar, let me tell you I like both fine dining and curry rice.)

Edited by dilbertsg

• 2 weeks later...

I had the whole afternoon free last monday. Smsed Hong, he replied to call him. Called him, a quick chat and book for 2 hours, got the address, and took a cab to his place in Telok Blangah.

Reached his place about 2.15, he, an average size mature guy, was in singlet and long track pants. He served some unknown tea with herbs, I would have prefered a simple jasmine tea. We chatted a while, understanding concerns and such. Some people may find him intrusive, but to me, it is his SOP.

He gave me a clean towel, and I showered, and lied on the massage bed butt naked. He covered the body with clean towels and started on the shoulders and shoulder blades. Strength is good, and repetitive strokes. He would explain how stiff my shoulders were, (and my shoulders were really stiff as i only managed to get massage every 2-3 months, and all masseurs who massaged my shoulders would feel that). He spent quite a fair bit of time on shoulder and shoulder blades which is good. Some masseurs would just have rubbing in a repetitive single direction, but his is up and down. He massaged the back well.

He then proceed to stretched and massaged the legs and my favorite butt massage. Not erotic, sensual or anything, just plain good massage. By then, it felt good and i was dozing off, and conversation stopped.

I was told to turn around, and he massaged the chest, tummy and later the legs. My back was heating up, and this was the 1st time i had a heated massage bed, I had to tell him to turn it off.

He ended with some stretching and gave some advice from his experience. It was 5+. I been there for about 3 hours, massaged for more than 2, and he charged $80.

Place was a bit cluttered, towels were dry and clean, massage was good, price was good.

I would return for massage, and would recommend him if you have time, and not rush.

I had the whole afternoon free last monday. Smsed Hong, he replied to call him. Called him, a quick chat and book for 2 hours, got the address, and took a cab to his place in Telok Blangah.

Reached his place about 2.15, he, an average size mature guy, was in singlet and long track pants. He served some unknown tea with herbs, I would have prefered a simple jasmine tea. We chatted a while, understanding concerns and such. Some people may find him intrusive, but to me, it is his SOP.

He gave me a clean towel, and I showered, and lied on the massage bed butt naked. He covered the body with clean towels and started on the shoulders and shoulder blades. Strength is good, and repetitive strokes. He would explain how stiff my shoulders were, (and my shoulders were really stiff as i only managed to get massage every 2-3 months, and all masseurs who massaged my shoulders would feel that). He spent quite a fair bit of time on shoulder and shoulder blades which is good. Some masseurs would just have rubbing in a repetitive single direction, but his is up and down. He massaged the back well.

He then proceed to stretched and massaged the legs and my favorite butt massage. Not erotic, sensual or anything, just plain good massage. By then, it felt good and i was dozing off, and conversation stopped.

I was told to turn around, and he massaged the chest, tummy and later the legs. My back was heating up, and this was the 1st time i had a heated massage bed, I had to tell him to turn it off.

He ended with some stretching and gave some advice from his experience. It was 5+. I been there for about 3 hours, massaged for more than 2, and he charged $80.

Place was a bit cluttered, towels were dry and clean, massage was good, price was good.

I would return for massage, and would recommend him if you have time, and not rush.

Dear ahseng

THANK YOU so much for ur very meticulous and absolutely a down-to-earth testimonial review of ur recent

visit for my homebase massage svc. Is my pleasure to give my best benefits to ur aching body conditions.

However, in favour of ur prefered 'Jasmine Tea', i will in gesture of my gratitude, will provide on ur next visit

as my usual home-prepared 'Chrysanthenum Herbal Drink' is meant to serve a majority of my customers daily.

Once again, THANK YOU so much for taking time to post ur review inspite of ur own works commitments.

Regards

HI HI !!! H A P P Y D E E P A V A L I ON TUESDAY 13TH NOV 2012.

Note : I will be taking a break .. from : 9th Nov 2012 to 20th Nov 2012

......... Service will resume on .. Wed 21st Nov 2012.

Regards

UNCLE HONG'USION MASSAGE @ Telok Blangah ... Tel (65) 9068 9211.

• 2 weeks later...

Much of the feedback above (re: Uncle Hong's services) are true for me, too. I've only been to him once and it was more than satisfactory as far as the massage and care that he takes. He is no clock-watcher and I like it that his towels, sheets etc are clean. His place may be smallish but it isn't uncomfortable. I think we can tell him what we would like to have (be it music, heated bed pad, level of pressure of the massage, etc) but do give him a chance to explain why he is doing a certain procedure. I found his stretches very good to undo the knots in various places on my body. He can be a tad chatty but if you like some quietness, this should be conveyed and I'm sure he would obliged.

Was his attitude bad, as someone mentioned above? I think Uncle Hong is very proud of his skill and knowledge and he applies them. His reply may sometimes not go down well, but he says what to him is right and will correct one's opinion if it is not. I think that is honesty. I find him a no-nonsense kind of guy. Remember, he is a senior guy and I don't think he stomachs young smart alecks who waste his time. Ask a silly question and you would most probably get a curt answer. And a silly question is quite different from an ignorant question, which Hong will take pains to give an appropriate answer. I am a mature guy so I empathise fully.

"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"

Much of the feedback above (re: Uncle Hong's services) are true for me, too. I've only been to him once and it was more than satisfactory as far as the massage and care that he takes. He is no clock-watcher and I like it that his towels, sheets etc are clean. His place may be smallish but it isn't uncomfortable. I think we can tell him what we would like to have (be it music, heated bed pad, level of pressure of the massage, etc) but do give him a chance to explain why he is doing a certain procedure. I found his stretches very good to undo the knots in various places on my body. He can be a tad chatty but if you like some quietness, this should be conveyed and I'm sure he would obliged.

Was his attitude bad, as someone mentioned above? I think Uncle Hong is very proud of his skill and knowledge and he applies them. His reply may sometimes not go down well, but he says what to him is right and will correct one's opinion if it is not. I think that is honesty. I find him a no-nonsense kind of guy. Remember, he is a senior guy and I don't think he stomachs young smart alecks who waste his time. Ask a silly question and you would most probably get a curt answer. And a silly question is quite different from an ignorant question, which Hong will take pains to give an appropriate answer. I am a mature guy so I empathise fully.

Hi. Dragonrider

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for such pleasant compliments, and most importantly your analytical observations

of my selfless efforts toward customer ( your respectable-self ), let alone from your 1st time experience of my

Homebase Massage service.

All these, truly spoke well of your matured experiences encountered, and thus would definitely lift my inspirations

to move on going forward in my service.

Look forward to be of service to you and referrals again.

Regards