Male HQ

What To Do For A Single Man This Christmas

Guest Single Man

1. Be thankful for yourself.

2.Go to a nice restaurant or explore a new one for lunch/brunch.

3.Go window shopping and list down the things u desire for boxing day (thye nxt day)

4.Take a walk in the park, bring some food to feed the fishes

Last but not least, look for another single gay man/men to spend the day with you (strictly platonic) :)

I wish you lots of luv, goodness & joy this Christmas to last for another year!

Guest DefyingMyGravitY

This like the same thread for xmas last yr~~for me...i should be enjoying my freedom doing wadever i wan this xmas~~spending alot of my time this 2 weeks on work and buying presents for others....this xmas will be spending on myself.....shopping , reading, movie or massage ~~

What to do for a single man this christmas? Stay single! Whoever said that christmas cant be spent alone should just go and ..... jump into a well. Theres nothing wrong with strolling around town on christmas alone or curling up in bed all day ordering McDonalds breakfast and pizza for lunch/dinner or watching FRIENDS (the series) and russell peters on christmas alone and theres really nothing wrong with staring at a white wall for ten hours (okay thats a bit retarded). Point is, be happy and grateful for the little things you have in life. Forgive enemies, forget grudges afterall isnt that what christmas is all about. Brooding over being alone only ruins the mood... So cheers, have an awesome time:)

Edited by leoven003

So What's Your Apocalypse Game Plan?

Leoven Nothin wrong w movie/ eating alone etc, its bettr indeed! But pp want a change, wanted somethg new for a lovely xmas, ok?

Right, true that, all im saying is that sometimes thinking about being alone too much just makes you less happy. But of course, i understand:)

Edited by leoven003

So What's Your Apocalypse Game Plan?

i mean with my darling

... of all the mean-spirited, selfish, imbecilic, supercilious things to say. But I've taken my meds and am in a good mood today, so I'll just pretend it was your incontinent cunt farting. Oh, sorry, I don't have to pretend. Peace, bitch, and my condolences to your darling.

On with our regular programming and ignore the smell of fish.

Well, Single Guy, spend it with family, spend it with friends or enjoy quality me-time. The close of the year is a time for hope, to finally rest for the year and let go of all the bad vibes from the past months. You know best how to spend it, because you know best what you enjoy doing most.

Edited by Mercutio

Mercurio sacris fertur Boebeidos Undis

virgineum Brimo composuisse latus

Guest BitchyMercutio

... of all the mean-spirited, selfish, imbecilic, supercilious things to say. But I've taken my meds and am in a good mood today, so I'll just pretend it was your incontinent cunt farting. Oh, sorry, I don't have to pretend. Peace, bitch, and my condolences to your darling.

On with our regular programming and ignore the smell of fish.

You are a real bitch with or without meds!

Guest Ironrod

Play "Star Wars: The Old Republic" by Bioware the latest MMO - if u have no friends to invite u to any Christmas party

If u are broke and can't play monthly subscriptions then I suggest u

1) Go jog, swim and start a routine so maybe u will become hot after a while so next Christmas u won't be alone.

2) Organize a party - make it a potluck - so everyone bring food and u just provide a place .....which u can eat for free too and make lots of friends

3) If (1) and (2) both not an option - then take the holiday period think abt your life and how you can improve it without a partner.

Well, Single Guy, spend it with family, spend it with friends or enjoy quality me-time. The close of the year is a time for hope, to finally rest for the year and let go of all the bad vibes from the past months. You know best how to spend it, because you know best what you enjoy doing most.

Obviously if he wants or got family and friends to spend Xmas with, the thread starter wouldnt have created this thread. What a silly suggestions.

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Play "Star Wars: The Old Republic" by Bioware the latest MMO - if u have no friends to invite u to any Christmas party

Wow. I'm actually playing this too, lol. But currently locked out, waiting for my collectors' ed box to ship over.

On-topic: If you're not seeing anyone, why not hook up with someone and get laid? ;p

Obviously if he wants or got family and friends to spend Xmas with, the thread starter wouldnt have created this thread. What a silly suggestions.

Thank you, I was wondering how long before a member would say something. To all good folk, apologies for the outburst at a time of goodwill. I had a point to make, which differs from the obvious but secondary point of the subject of the outburst..

My point is, that if I as a member am ill tempered or ill behaved, I bear the consequences and others thereafter know me to be of such character and treat me accordingly.

Not so for our "dear" guests, who in three consecutive days, have to my knowledge begged for housing, sneaked adverts for sex into the Main, uttered insults, displayed pomposity, jumped to conclusions and, as usual, when unable to carry a debate resorted to character assassination. This is not to say members won't do the same, but there is I believe in general more restraint they exercise or else they face consequences from the rest of the community (QED, though imchaser, could you not have been more cutting, disappointing).

Mods: I understand BW's original objective in allowing guest postings, but that concession is clearly more abused than used. Consider that the married guests sneaking personals into the Main have no compunction against publishing their personal emails. How is allowing them to sign on as guests affording them safe harbour any more?

TS: my apologies for borrowing your thread as my soapbox. Not knowing you from Adam, I feel any suggestion i make will sound as lame as a tourist guidebook blurb. But as I have disabused your thread, I hope that i'll be forgiven by this offer to come by my place for i guess tea, cake and company of the sort that's not funny business, if you're so inclined and have naught else to do (damn now I have to buy tea - I only have the long island iced sort). I haven't plans yet other than lunch, but do let me know in advance by PM or email (it's on my profile). Be careful though - it is not necessarily a kindness that I'm offering...

P.S. To BitchyMercutio: Your name is an exercise in redundancy. I did not choose "Mercutio" as my name in BW because "Friar Lawrence" and "Juliet" had been taken. In fact, I hope to cultivate a reputation for being irascible, so as to deter irritants from trying to stab with the intellectual equivalent of nail clippers.

Edited by Mercutio

Mercurio sacris fertur Boebeidos Undis

virgineum Brimo composuisse latus

Here's a handful I can list out for Christmas/New Years'/Festive Holiday When Your Friends Can't Be Bothered To Save Your Ass :

- chatroulette with booze, preferably topless but masked and dancing to Numa Numa

- read 1Q84 or equally convoluted literature

- listen to sad music and loathe self-existence

- troll BW as a guest (I think someone did that a few posts above)

- take up complex origami and knitting

- Little Britain

- reinstall Windows and clean your PC

- do the same for the house (especially since you're ahem, single and probably messy)

- weights (empty gym if it's open lololol)

- Tumblr, Twitter, and if these 2 run out, Listgeeks

- pills (there's absolutely nothing wrong with sleeping off a horrid day amirite)

But here's my take: you can't really save Christmas by having good/full/fun use of your time. It's one of that darned festivities where family comes before friends, and you'll likely have no one-but family to celebrate with and that shit certainly sucks hard. Speaking personally, the only acceptable way I found to celebrate Christmas/NYE alone (after these few years) without being in thick-skinned pretense was to really recount the people who've been really significant to me through the year, and try to remember them as they are, a certain sort of closure before the years change. Also because we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, too.

Eve - Bought myself a gift or two (something extravagant which I would not normally have indulged) and drew an nice bath and watched downloaded episodes of my favorite sitcom whilst enjoying my bath.

Xmas - visited parents house and went out to lunch with them. Spent the afternoon at a local sauna and the evening playing mmorpg.

Boxing - woke at noon, gummed and lunch near the gym, shopped at sales, came home to rest up for today.

• Guest locked this topic