Male HQ

An Appeal To The Founder And Mods

Mercutio

Until today I cannot see the silly point of registering. Many so called "registered members" only know how to complain about unregistered guest.

So what if I registered? I could have "a bitch of your mother" as my nick just to reply you. I can change it and register again another nick? Does it make any difference? So even if you're registered as gstc82, does anyone know you? Do we know where you stay, who you are? You are simply as insignificant as any other tom dick and harry of a guest.

It is totally pointless. For all the fools that keep talking about being registered, let me suggest to the admin, make them pay an annual fee, have verified registration through credit card or some other means, otherwise I suggest all these fools to not use the argument about being registered or not registered to make any point.

But then again, I view these people as absolutely stupid and when they ran out of valid arguments, they will resort to pulling all kind of pot shots including the fact that "guest" have no guts.

I can very well register myself but what is the point? Ha!

Until today I cannot see the silly point of having guests. Many so called guests only know how to complain about registered members.

So what if these "bitch of their mother" guests register just to reply, change it and register again another nick? Does it make any difference?

Yes, because it is totally pointless for all these fools to keep talking if they aren't registered. Let me suggest to the admin to prevent non-members access to the forum ALTOGETHER. If the original intent was to allow community members anonymous access for personal security reasons, then (1) security is better served by limiting access rather than having forum contents open to all and sundry, including possibly anti-gay elements; and (2) those who see no point in registering clearly do not see they are part of any community, and we who are trying to build one should not have to bend over backwards to suffer them.

After all, they view us members, including the Mods, as absolutely stupid, and in their own words: "I can very well register myself but what is the point? Ha!"

In other words, these guests feel it is their right to have access to the forum and make comments as they please, without contributing to any sense of community.

Blowing Wind, sir. If you still access this bulletin board, I appeal to your judgment on this matter. If it is still important for whatever reason to have "guests", then I see no reason for any of us registered members to remain registered. Let us all then be guests.

Mercurio sacris fertur Boebeidos Undis

virgineum Brimo composuisse latus

Guests should not be allowed to post anywhere, period.

I'd second that. Let guests view to their hearts' content. But restrict posts to members only.

While this will reduce the activity on the forum somewhat, it does force people to to come out a little from behind the anonymity of a screen and a keyboard.

Instagram @the_meowprince

Guests should not be allowed to post anywhere, period.

Often I feel that way too.

But I'm sure this has been discussed by the Mods ad nauseum. It is they, after all, who are putting in all the time and effort to running this forum. So I'll go with whatever they decide.

SP

We see things not as they are, but as WE are - The Talmud

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear - The Buddha

Sorry to break this to u guys, but often, Guests are the ones who posted the funniest and most interesting comments. Without guests this forum will be quite lame.

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

mercutio for president! [campaign going underway]

But seriously though, they need to go.

As if the threads/posts weren't annoying enough, guests come up with, I swear- the most retarded names to post anonymously ever.

maybe 15% of it might be funny, but the other 85% feels like they're just taking the piss outta us.

Because we are grown here in this country - we come to imagine that freedom of speech is 'no holds barred' -- and our upbringing in this society teaches us that if we open our mouth to express an opinion, it must be listened to and followed - just like our gharment voice... *ROTF* and if not we are 'greatly offended'

And so we started freedom of expression on the same assumption... that we should be able to say what we want, whenever we want yet protect our anonymity...

hence 'Guests' who can express opinions without logging in or registering in a forum ...

BW was founded based on anonymity... and it's hence this forum's tradition to allow 'Guests' to post although it would be good that guests take on a name so that one 'Guest' can be differentiated from the next one...

so yes after all the long yarn... registration is good... to identify one guest as 'someone' other than 'no one' and yes, we still will not know who you are unless you chose to meet in person at some gathering, or some meetup...

but you are registered nevertheless...

it's a formality I think, and even Blowing Wind himself, anonymous as he is, signs in as Blowing Wind... and I dare all of you to try finding him... haha

Guest Ironrod

The last time I told the mod such, was told off.

I also don't find the value of "Guest", some even say things like "Ironrod is cute top" as if they know me in person like that.

But the mods have the final say since they are the ones running this site.

1. Again, thanks for all the feedback.

2. We have been re-balancing the Guest/No-Guest issue.

In the changes announced on 1 December 2011, we have tightened the Personals, Biz and Massage Forum for Member Posting only.

3. We have previously created this Members Only Forum to let readers choose.

Our page counter shows that majority readers still prefer the Main Forum. Some topics there are spicy, informative although quality is uneven. Others get downright rowdy and shitty. But I guess that is reflective of the real world too.

This Member ONLY Forum still have some catch up to do in terms of eyeballs, post volume and quality.

4. Our gay audience as it stands still have many Closet Guys and People in denial who are really uncomfortable. Let us allow them some room and incentivise (PM, massage forum, personal forum etc) them to register . Instead of just cutting them off.

5. To those trolls and vicious posters who hide behind their anonymity, just ignore them.

Their Karma and "Technology" will catch up with them one day.

Cheers !

Hendry Tan

Admin cum Moderator

Guest j.pokkemon

page counters in this case cannot be trusted... by naming a forum as 'main' and positioning it right at the top naturally attracts more readership... try naming it as 'non-members' or 'miscellaneous' and shift it lower than 'members' lounge' if the mods are serious about collecting figures to justify the need to allow/disallow guest postings... otherwise all talks are based on flimsy facts...

1. j.pokkemon, thanks for your comments.

2. My professional training requires me to make decision based on empirical numbers and it has effected the way we run the forum. Calibrate, then Change then re-Measure.

3. I Agree with you that the wordings and placing of the forums effects pageview count. It is an important but just ONE of the many "contributing factor".

4. Let me share with you some numbers. The pageviews difference between the Main and Members Only Forum is a massive 700%. When we did the Changes as announced on 1 Dec, there was a 10% hit in terms of pageviews. The pageviews are slowly recovering.

5. We are also monitoring the Quality of the posts and the bitch-fight level in the forums too.

6. All the above including your opinions will serve as inputs when we contemplate further changes down the road.

7. To all our readers: If there is strong interest, try arrange to meet some of our public Mods like Lungker, OralB, GachiMuchi over a cup of coffee. Or invite or lookout for them over the new-year party. Identify yourself as a BW Member and tell them what you really like to see in BW. And perhaps how you can help as well. (We are still looking for a volunteer IT Admin and Graphics help) I am certain they will like to hear from you guys too. Especially the younger BW members whom we are still trying to figure out how to be of value to.

Cheers !

Hendry Tan

Admin cum Moderator

That coming from a pokkemon... tsk tsk tsk.

It does feel like in a few of the companies I worked for, how much you work is based on the number of tickets in Remedy (it's a ticketing system), with no regards on how complicated a case be or how long it takes to resolve it.

I have a few asks (but without the knowledge of actual programming skills to implement it),

- topics come with Unlike This buttons, there are way too many guests with just topics that shouldn't be topics in the first case

- have a reputation number (like when someone clicks on Like This, you get one point) for IP based posting or cookie to track the same user, hopefully when Guest posters become Unlike, they will stop posting rubbish

My observation (maybe the figures might say otherwise), is that although there are a lot of Views (but might not be unique views), most threads does not even warrant 30-50 replies and just dies (total waste of server space)

Guest j.pokkemon

That coming from a pokkemon... tsk tsk tsk.

Oei! :angry: but i support ur point... :clap:

To Mr Hendry Tan,

In all due respect, i know nuts about ur profession, but in my profession, so long as the base conditions (in this case, the naming and positioning of the two forums) has unaccounted-for influences, we must disregard all existing measurements (be it 700%, or even 7,000,000%) and re-look at ways to account for those influences first... otherwise we risk wastage of valuable resources by implementing things that are based on wrong facts/figures.

Also, we don't know for sure whether the guest posters in main forum are 'guests' because (1) they can't register for valid reasons; or (2) they are registered members and they can always log on, but since BW allows, they just post as guests... if (1) is true (which could be in the past, but may not be true now), then yes, we should spare a thought for them. but what if (2) is true (which is very likely given today's technology)?

1. Your points noted.

2. I think you disregard the hard evidence that pageview actually dropped 10% when we tighten the guest posting in the other few forums.

3. We have just implemented the 1 Dec changes. We'll talk to more segments of our readers, collect more feedback before we plot our next move.

4. Happy New Year.

Cheers !

Hendry Tan

Admin cum Moderator

Guest j.pokkemon

yea... i would interpret the phenomenon of a 10% hit initially, then slowly recovering, as due to the fact that ppl who used to post as guests realised they can't post anymore, so they skipped those forums for a while... then as time goes by, they realise that they want and need to make posts there...so they registered and went back in... hence the recovery noticed... and all these while, unregistered guests who never intended to post continued to visit those forums, so this group of ppl did not affect the statistics.

but this can only be substantiated if we also notice that the number of newly registered posters increased, or that some inactive registered members suddenly become active again in those forums... and if my guess is right, it further support the possibility that guest postings are not necessary... if need be, ppl can always register and post... that's why there's only a 10% and temporary drop...

pika, pika? Pika, Pikachu!

In all due respect, i know nuts about ur profession, but in my profession,

Man, you sound what I would imagine a Business Analyst will sound like. Nick and words coming out of your mouth, mis-match. Maybe you should post as Guest so that i can take some seriousness in your words. :thumb:

Guest j.pokkemon

Man, you sound what I would imagine a Business Analyst will sound like. Nick and words coming out of your mouth, mis-match. Maybe you should post as Guest so that i can take some seriousness in your words. :thumb:

ONE point for guest postings!!! Lol...

Guys, do you think we should start making an effort to create our topics here instead of Main Forum? Not trying to start a boycott movement or what, just personal opinion that I'm starting to feel irrelevant replying to Guests.

Keyboard, r u still that dumb to realized that in Members only room, view counts is extremely low compare to main forum?

Guest posts r here to stay, live with it. Suggestions and ideas time are over.

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Guest Ironrod

Guys, do you think we should start making an effort to create our topics here instead of Main Forum? Not trying to start a boycott movement or what, just personal opinion that I'm starting to feel irrelevant replying to Guests.

Hehehe I would if i have any topic.

My life is plain normal so I got no topic leh hehehe u start something lar

Well, I created my own interest - photography and cats over here. But my meows are almost dead... :swear:

Instagram @the_meowprince

Sorry to break this to u guys, but often, Guests are the ones who posted the funniest and most interesting comments. Without guests this forum will be quite lame.

I beg to differ... I agree with earlier post... For not letting guest make comments but just view to their heart content. The most hateful part is "guest" who start a lame and childish thread and then disappear without coming back..

I notice that those thread starter are really young boys who are still growing up.. Just compare their remarks and posting from trevvy and you will know.

Isn't this a forum for mature PLU?