Male HQ

Little Gem In Singapore

GodwinK

Hey everyone. I know there's a whole Traveller's hut section but hope you don't mind a simple thread here for me to gather some info about beautiful sunny SG :)

I'm visiting SG for the first time for a week (traveling alone). I would appreciate to know if the friendly locals here could tell me where I should visit (besides the mainstream locations like MBS, universal, sentosa, etc). Perhaps you know any little gems hiding in Singapore? Not necessarily have to be gay places, non-gay places will do too..and alsl for someone who is in their twenties.

Cheers!

P/S: is Friday night happening in SG? Intending to visit one of the gay clubs there..

arts area stay ard ity hall, bras pasar, bugis and dhoby area, can visit historical sites, labrador park, fort canning, sentosa fort siloso, or take a stroll down c,ark quay night life and good food at places

we all wear masks to protect and deceive how many masks do you have with you today?

Guest asicsboi

Are you a nature person or a photography enthusiast ? You can take sometime and go to Bedok jetty at night ,Sungei buloh , Pulau Ubin, bukit timah hill, Zoo or even our botanical gardens. You can also visit places likeSingapore flyer, Bugis street ,Esplanade, Holland village ,Orchard road, Little india , Kampong Glam, chinatown, clark quay, East coast park If you like Urban scenery. Other interesting places in singapore also includes our national heritage museum at NUS and other various themed museum, with one interesting on at Marina bay showcasing various exhibits from the Titanic. If you are a person who loves musical and plays , you may want to consider catching the play "Wicked" at the MBS auditorium. You can alos visits famous places of worship in singapore like the mosque in kampong glam , St andrew cathedrals, the buddha tooth relic tempe in chinatown and many others YOu may wanana consider visiting both AJ and str8 clubs like Zouk, Phuture , Butter Fac , Play & Zirca and also if you are in for it , you can visit our famous Aj Sauna like Keybox ,ab-solute depedning on your choice of men haha. Some interesting pubs also include singapore's highest point at one-altitude , Helipad , Timbre with live bands, Chimjes, Brewerks and many others. As for food, You may wanna try food at old changi airport rd market, Bedok Feng shan,all the different lorongs in Geylang ,Maxwell market, Ghim moh market in the day, Changi village food centre and many other which you can find more info at hungrygowhere.com. Hopes this helps !

Edited by asicsboi

Hey everyone. I know there's a whole Traveller's hut section but hope you don't mind a simple thread here for me to gather some info about beautiful sunny SG :)

I'm visiting SG for the first time for a week (traveling alone). I would appreciate to know if the friendly locals here could tell me where I should visit (besides the mainstream locations like MBS, universal, sentosa, etc). Perhaps you know any little gems hiding in Singapore? Not necessarily have to be gay places, non-gay places will do too..and alsl for someone who is in their twenties.

Cheers!

P/S: is Friday night happening in SG? Intending to visit one of the gay clubs there..

You can try Play on Friday nights. Or head over to Tantric/Taboo for drinks.

Instagram: vodkabaker

Thanks for the awesome input guys!! Really appreciate it! Just one more enquiry though..any recommendations for good massage parlours? (like authentic ones with deep tissue massage,etc. I don't really intend to have those with happy endings, sex, etc). AJ-friendly preferred but not fussy about it.

My little gem of Singapore is http://www.changimuseum.com/Home.aspx

It's only small but it sure does pack a punch!

I read everything in the place and I found myself getting rather emotional at times with some of the stories.

It has a wonderful message as you enter the Museum, after you pass through the reception entrance, thanking all the individual Countries for saving Singapore. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi GodwinK, sorry about the late reply. I don't really check the other threads that often, more focused on the Gleek thread heh. :P But hey, since I chanced upon this thread, let me share my two cents worth. Well, it really depends on your definition of gem. How about checking out Haw Par Villa? Now that the MRT station is available and admission is free, it's a great place to check out Asian mythology and take quite a few good photography shots. And take a stroll along Tiong Bahru, many of the old houses there have been converted into chic cafes with a hint of nostalgia from the past. Personally since I am a foodie, I always enjoy hunting down really old hawker legends across the island, giving my two cents of their flavours in my opinion and taking photos of the food to post on the internet. ^_^