Male HQ

Seagate Service Centre

xav-boy

Hi guys,

Anyone know where is the Seagate Service Centre???

The address given on the warranty card when I bought my HDD is old address....

I try call them, they say will email me... But weeks no news...

Then I try email to the sales email I found online, asking them help to get service ppl to respond to me...

Again no news for weeks...

Thanks

Regards,

Xav-boy

Hi Xav-boy,

Why do you need their service centre address? To RMA a faulty item that is still under warranty?

If it is the above, you need to fill up a return form here, http://www.seagate.c...000dd04090aRCRD

From there, they will allow you to choose where you need to perform the return. If I dont remember wrongly, there are 2 locations

1. Changi South

2. Funan IT Mall

After you send in your faulty item, they will do a 1-1 exchange and send a courier to return you the "new" item. At least that is what is done for me regarding my hard drive.

Edited by boyzbe81

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." -- Leo F. Buscaglia

thanks boyzbe81...

but what about those information in the hard disk??

Depends on how badly it is damage I guess? But I guess if you need service centre's information, high chance is that the hard drive can't be read?

They dont do data retreiving for you so you will have to search online for such service. The service aren't cheap, minimum a few hundred dollars to as much as a few thousand.

I am not in this service sector thus I can't provide much information to you. Have to google and then email them to check.

Sad to say, such things are a pain in the a**

is it true to use it with mac need to install some program??

I don't have a MAC but from my understanding is that if the hard drive is formatted in FAT then both Win and Mac should be able to read and write into it but FAT have it's limitation, I think is in the size. Cannot format over a certain size. Correct me if I am wrong.

If the drive is already in Window's NTFS or the Mac format, HFS, then you have to google online for more info. I have nv use them before

Read/Write On Mac from Win http://www.catacombae.org/hfsx.html

I can't provide much info though. Try googling for more info.

Edited by boyzbe81

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." -- Leo F. Buscaglia

• 4 weeks later...

Mac uses GPT format ... its not compatible with some older systems ...

if u are to send for RMA, you will need to run the seagate test and provide the failure information

u can courier to their authorize branch and they will courier the new HDD to your house ... the process normally takes less than 5 days (working days)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.