Male HQ

Atm Transfer Mistake

Guest guest

Guest guest

a friend of mine who is 55 yr old went to the ATM and make a transfer to another person, but due to his age and having cataract he discover he have transfer to a stranger but was too late to stop.His 500 is gone. is there a way to call the bank to stop the payout?so is not safe afterall for elderly to make ATM bank transfer?

Guest Guesty

Most banks (if not all) in Singapore will not as a matter of practice reverse the transfer, even with a letter in writing, unless it can be conclusively proven that the transfer was due to a careless mistake (which is almost impossible).

Your friend will have to rely on the goodwill of that stranger to transfer back the S$500 to his account (as stated on the transfer details slip).

I was in the banking industry. Your friend needs to call the bank & the bank will call the owner of the other account to inform of the mistake. If the owner of the account is agreeable, then the bank will be able to help your fren get back the money. Such incidents are not that uncommon. Normally the owner will be nice enough to return the money when the bank calls them. But please do it fast.

So I can actually disagree and keep the money?? I think I will keep leh
Later got Karma. >.<

Be nice to others and others will be nice to you. >.<

Edited by XiaoMessy

How to seek revenge 101: Know him. Befriend him. Make him trust you wholeheartedly. Destroy him. Utterly.

By typing this I fear no one's gonna friend me. :c

Guest Placet

Its people like you who thinks for yourself at the expense of others.

The Almighty above is fair, take what belongs to others; for something of yours would be taken away.

Guest Guest

Hi there, although it is not ur fault tt he transfer wrongly but u can't keep it. If he make a police report u will kena. 2 other cases I wanna highlight to u:

(1) If a bank's ATM by any reason "cough" out more money for u when u withdraw, u cannot keep the money (of course they will try to identify & inform u), bank can file police report (happened b4).

(2) some people thought if u picked up an item on the street u can bring home. By right u r supposed to hand over to police.

For this matter, Malaysia Banks have better practise. Once you enter the account number, the account holder name will appear on the screen. It will help you to ensure that you are transfering money to the dedicated person.

Add on note. China BOC use the same pracitice as POSB.

For this matter, Malaysia Banks have better practise. Once you enter the account number, the account holder name will appear on the screen. It will help you to ensure that you are transfering money to the dedicated person. Add on note. China BOC use the same pracitice as POSB.

shame on all singapore banks.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

I do not know agree that it is always a good practise to display the name of the owner when someone enters the account number. Looks, there are privancy issues to consider. Not everyone wants their full name to be made known to whoever that needs to transfer money to their account.

Edited by robin

I do not know agree that it is always a good practise to display the name of the owner when someone enters the account number. Looks, there are privancy issues to consider. Not everyone wants their full name to be made known to whoever that needs to transfer money to their account.

which is deemed more confidential, your full name or your bank account number?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

I agreed with you that,may be we can take in between.

Instead of telling the full name but we mask of certain charector, for instance instead of showing Robin Ang Kwan Yuew, we can display as Rxxxx Axx Kxxx Yuew, which make stop someone getting both full name and account number.

Just share my thoughts.

I agreed with you that,may be we can take in between.

Instead of telling the full name but we mask of certain charector, for instance instead of showing Robin Ang Kwan Yuew, we can display as Rxxxx Axx Kxxx Yuew, which make stop someone getting both full name and account number.

Just share my thoughts.

Disagree. If the account holder were Muslim and has a name like Mohd. Faizal Bin Muhammad, do you expect it to be displayed that way? Similarly, those who have names like Muhammad Faiz Bin Muhammad, Mohamed Fatah Bin Muhammad, etc can create moree potential confusion. Like that example, it can be Ronny Ang Kuek Yuew too. I agree with fab, which is more confidential, your name or your account number?

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Disagree. If the account holder were Muslim and has a name like Mohd. Faizal Bin Muhammad, do you expect it to be displayed that way? Similarly, those who have names like Muhammad Faiz Bin Muhammad, Mohamed Fatah Bin Muhammad, etc can create moree potential confusion. Like that example, it can be Ronny Ang Kuek Yuew too. I agree with fab, which is more confidential, your name or your account number?

Then is back to my 1st proposal, display both name and account number :)

Good luck with that!

Yah Good Luck with that.

Recently i made a mistake and paid m1 thru internet banking to top up domestic helper sim card....you get $20.70 worth for the m18 card.

I later realised she actually threw away the sim card n plan to get another one...as someone buggin her on that line.

Due to poor language communications.I misunderstood her.

The card was however not registered in my name. M1 acknowledge receipt payment but refused to refund. knn

I said just credit it back into my m1 account since they verfified it was from my account. The bank also say....its not our blah blah to blah blah

M1 just stood ground and said there is a confirm button...you pressed it...

Vomit blood when people just refuse ...even told them card thrown away...if after a week not used can refund later as sim card was destroyed.

Sorry our policy is.....for you to LPPL kekeke

Such big corp also want to cheat...so sad.

Yah Good Luck with that.

Recently i made a mistake and paid m1 thru internet banking to top up domestic helper sim card....you get $20.70 worth for the m18 card.

I later realised she actually threw away the sim card n plan to get another one...as someone buggin her on that line.

Due to poor language communications.I misunderstood her.

The card was however not registered in my name. M1 acknowledge receipt payment but refused to refund. knn

I said just credit it back into my m1 account since they verfified it was from my account. The bank also say....its not our blah blah to blah blah

M1 just stood ground and said there is a confirm button...you pressed it...

Vomit blood when people just refuse ...even told them card thrown away...if after a week not used can refund later as sim card was destroyed.

Sorry our policy is.....for you to LPPL kekeke

Such big corp also want to cheat...so sad.

More like lack of empathy. I would have given them a ranting....

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

• Guest locked this topic