Male HQ

Groupon Facials

Guest shenderz

Guest shenderz

I just bought a voucher for facial for men. Hv yet to redeem it.

Anyone tried it before? Is it a good idea to go for such trials instead of signing up packages which are invariably more expensive?

Guest Guest

no head no tail, which spa is it?

after you are done with your trial session, they will pester you like hungry dogs to sign up for their package also.

Guest guest

i got 2 free trail from abs trim men . but none of my friends dare to go , afraid of sales person pestering to sign package as their mind is weak and will easily be convince.

Guest Guest

i got 2 free trail from abs trim men . but none of my friends dare to go , afraid of sales person pestering to sign package as their mind is weak and will easily be convince.

Don't bring credit card, atm or cash.

Yup hard selling is very common. Many of these beauty salons really hard sells. Put it this way, Groupon takes a huge chunk of the Groupon voucher money purchased on line,

so the returns to the vendor is literally negative after taking away the expenses. so the main reason to sell them is to get customers to buy packages, and most does it through hard selling.

So before you commit, my advice is to check whether does the place do hard selling.

Guest guest

Just go lah, I bought before, went for the treatments and walked out once it's finished, firmly rejecting any attempts to sell me any package. On the other hand, not all packages are bad, I have frens who actually like to stick to one salon and benefited from package cos of the long term cost savings. Depends on the individual on a case by case basis I guess.

Guest Guest

Just tell them beauty salon sell package and go bust is not unheard of, who is going to compensate when they close.

You won't sign any package.

Guest Guest

i think it's okay to go for the once-off deal (u hv already paid for it). when they offer u packages (c'mon it a biz nonetheless), u can reject if u do not want it. sometimes they might even offer u a very good deal after your first rejection!

Guest shenderz

Thanx for sharing.

I hv no intention of signing up any package.

I do not wish to be persuaded at all.

I m aware that the salons dun make from groupon customers at all but tats their problem.

I will just go and experience it. If they lock up the place to stop from leaving then I will juz wreck their shop. Lol

Usually this type of facial voucher, when u visited them and after u finished ur facial, confirm they will hard sell u to sign up for package. Usually they will "scare" u tht ur skin is in very bad condition and u need on-going facial treatment etc, and also they will tell u they r having special promo for facial package and u shld sign up now to enjoy the promo.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Guest Guest

I will just go and experience it. If they lock up the place to stop from leaving then I will juz wreck their shop. Lol

If they ever do that, you should call the police immediately on your handphone, and report to them that you are being confined in XXX salon against your will and you are reporting them for false imprisonment, which is a criminal offence under the Penal Code.

Thanx for sharing.

I hv no intention of signing up any package.

I do not wish to be persuaded at all.

I m aware that the salons dun make from groupon customers at all but tats their problem.

If u wreck the place, they can also call the police and report u instead?! Read news from newspaper b4, they are some such shop tht demand u to sign package or some massage shop demand u to pay them extra for their special svc. And if u reject or dun give, they will stop u from leaving the shop. And many pple just pay in order to stay away from trouble.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

I've tried once with VoucherWow. As many of you have expected and written, they (2 persons altogether) really did hard sell you to sign on their package. Even on the facial itself, they asked me to go for additional 2 ampules, that cost $20 more.

Yes, the facial was done well. It was this sales gimmick that I do not like. Also they did not use the brand "Demological" as advertised. When I questioned why the bottle is different, they explained that they had transferred the product into a container which was easier for their handling.

My lesson learnt : Nothing comes cheap. I will not go to any facial or hair treament offered in Groupon, voucherWow etc.

PS : I've tried their restaurant offers and the deals seem ok.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

Generally, it's the low prices that grab our attention. Knowing what you want and staying on course is key to this Groupon type adventure.

What I get is an exposure to a series of salons, eateries, practitioners, etc. You're always welcome to settle on one you like later.

I've not been accosted in anyway or hard sold by any of the spas, salons (hair/wax/lip/manicure/facial), chiropractors, teeth whitening, language lessons, dance classes, restaurants that I've availed. The scariest was when the teeth whitening session almost never happened cos I Love Deals hadn't been paying the vendor on time - but a phone call quickly fixed that.

Of the hair salons I've been to, they might scrimp on the products (this one is really hard to tell) and usually allow the more junior staff to attend to you. But, you know what, these guys are the real triers. They do their best and, for me, it has, thus far, always turned out well. I've earmarked a couple I might revisit, but I don't think I've exhausted the Groupon hair salons in Singapore just yet!

If you need practice in saying "no", Groupon is the way to go. Know exactly what you want out of it and enjoy the service. The most difficult is what Tic-Toc pointed out - the chemicals (heck, the serums suggested are amazing) are really such an unknown. I simply politely turn them down. I can't tell one ampoule from another.

It's in instances like this you'd wish Groupon and others have a quality feedback service like eBay for their buyers and sellers. But that would require a certain level of maturity - perhaps in due course.

I view these as enterprises trying to drum up a little more business and not all are there to scalp the unsuspecting. After all, it's really caveat emptor at the end of the day, isn't it?

• 2 months later...

it costs S$2K and more + gst for a 5 session : abs trim

and what groupon trial has been providing is just a bare basic package that is NOT even dealing w the abs!!! they will psycho u to sign up for more

• Guest locked this topic