Male HQ

I'm So Stressed By The A Levels! Help!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Anyone taking A Levels this year end?

I failed my mid year and I'm being asked to drop Chemistry for which I got a C.

So stressed!!!!!

Anyone can help???

Guest Guest

Dont drop it! Chemistry is an important subject to do to qualify for the science courses in university. You wouldnt want to close your career paths.

Seriously dont stress out and worry too much :) i had CUUE for my prelims and i still scored all As for A levels :) A levels will be easier than you think!

Anyone taking A Levels this year end?

I failed my mid year and I'm being asked to drop Chemistry for which I got a C.

So stressed!!!!!

Anyone can help???

Don't give up, if u need help with ur chemistry, maybe i can try to help

Well it depends. Your teacher may gauge you based on your overall performance and if he or she feels that you should drop then you need to ask yourself a question. Can I possibly do better next time?

If you are not willing to try then how can you expect yourself to do well. It's not say I don't want to drop means I will do well. You need to put in effort and work harder. Finally its not say Chem is impt so you cannot drop. Again it's your own ability. You see if you can do it.

Justin was here hahaha :) Stay cool guys

Yeah! Having As at the end of this year too. 4H2? Don't drop chem! Drop H2 math or something if I were you.

Maths is more important than Science if you do get to choose since u need Maths knowledge for most courses in uni.

Chemistry is an important subject. If you are taking Biology together with it, never drop Chemistry.

Too bad I'm an Arts student so I can't help you much.

I'm better at Economics and History.

If you need help besides this forum, go here too:

http://forums.sgclub.com/science_help/

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

As in the minimum requirement is H2 Math not H1 Math for most uni courses? O:

U shldn't always look at the minimum requirement for things but the knowledge especially since in uni year 1 especially, ppl tend to rely on things they have already learnt to score well since uni yr 1 contains significant amount of recap work and thus people who studied them before gets a slight edge over those who didn't.

What aspects of Chemistry?

If it is an issue of understanding, perhaps get your classmates who are stronger in Chemistry to explain to you. It might be better than a teacher's explanation.

If it is an issue of application, practice more past-year questions from 10-years series. Familiarise with the type of questions asked.

Start now and you will probably do well in preliminary and subsequently in A-level!

An alternate profile | http://www.dudesnude.com/members/885057/

How about starting a A level LGBT tutoring groups in the different subjects for our A level LGBT students? :)

Would be keen to join! Although all I really need is the motivation / environment to actually start revising. Im such a super slacker dammit.

You JC students.. Try to believe in yourself and your inner abilities in the times of adversity. You have got into the JC route, a final stop to University. I can understand the amount of stress you guys are facing, given the short 2-year curriculum. Practice makes perfect. So it means that you need to focus more on the areas of Chemistry you are weak in. I don't know about you, but I trust that it was the organic portion? Do seek your tutors for help from time to time. Like someone mentioned above, if you are taking H2 chemistry, then you may consider downgrading it to H1. That's only applicable if you intend to study social sciences, bizad, computing, etc that don't require H2 chemistry.

Yes I agree with many that it's a serious mistake to downgrading from H2 maths to H1 maths because many university courses require H2 maths to enter, especially engineering.

On a final note, let's take myself as an living example. I had took A-levels privately outside the JC route. Because I wanted to study life sciences at university level so much, I decided to study for As on my own and with some minimal tutoring, not to mention that I was also working full-time. Now I'm studying it. Note that I didn't have any biology background at all until university (I only took PCMG). By right, I would be extremely overwhelmed with my biology modules. Courses in university are much worse than A-levels. I.e. Chemistry modules are more difficult than A-levels. But yet I passed all my biology modules in my first year. So what I am saying is that whether it's something new or overwhelming, do not be afraid or stressed, but be brave to face the challenges that lie ahead. A few years later on, you may even find yourself laughing at it, just like me. A-levels is just a passing phase of your life. Once you're past it, you will experience new different challenges. So be sure to tackle it wisely! GOOD LUCK!

Edited by samsara

안녕하세요.

Guest Grandpapa

It's really perplexing how so many of these underage kids are turning a supposed adult forum into their own kiddy discussion ground. If u wanna talk about school stuff, there are always dedicated education portals like Brightsparks meant for kids to talk all they want about school concerns.

A levels is just a overhyped exam. When you grow up, you will realize that it's nothing significant in the real world. It's just an exam to test you on all the textbook theories that you were taught in a sheltered school environment. There are far greater obstacles to go thru in the real world outside.

On a side note, it's sad how we have kids so concerned about their JC and A Level grades, and yet we have foreign scholars who barely stutter through their English taking up so many places in the universities our kids so keenly strive for thru so many sleepless stressed nights. Yes, this is the real world for you.

As someone who has taken the A levels before together with H2 Chem... You can do it! But practice, practice and practice. Come up with a well thought out study plan. You should know your own study habits and methods best by now, if not, it's time to start hitting the books harder. I failed H2 maths and got mostly E for H2 Chem throughout JC. After my very disgusting mid years, i decided that I only had one shot at the a levels and I had to do well no matter what. So i ended up studying maths every day, and Chem every other day. In the end, I got straight A's and a B for H2 Chem! The moral of the story? Hard (and smart) work will definitely pay off.

I used to believe that, but after my 1st BT(You all may call it CT), all my hard work, hrs studying chem, negleting bio and econs, and i got an E for it.

I had study plans, and i followed it, but yeah..

Really don't know what to do to ensure i'll do well..

So just be  free , just be yourself. Nobody can be  the way you are.

Not ready for another relationship. Just live life and be happy.

study hard, don skip lectures and don fall aslp during class.. go for consultations and ask ur friends if in doubt...

a level chem is simple enough to ace.. definitions are impt and they will always come out (like: define relative atomic mass....)

- physical chem part, understand the concepts behind the calculation

- inorganic part, memorise properties and look for trends and patterns

- organic part, memorise the SIMPLE reactions with the mechanism,

then draw mind-maps to link them all up, changing functional groups or forming bonds

always look for links and patterns... thats chemistry... haha

Edited by blueflame

Guest Guest

It's really perplexing how so many of these underage kids are turning a supposed adult forum into their own kiddy discussion ground. If u wanna talk about school stuff, there are always dedicated education portals like Brightsparks meant for kids to talk all they want about school concerns.

A levels is just a overhyped exam. When you grow up, you will realize that it's nothing significant in the real world. It's just an exam to test you on all the textbook theories that you were taught in a sheltered school environment. There are far greater obstacles to go thru in the real world outside.

On a side note, it's sad how we have kids so concerned about their JC and A Level grades, and yet we have foreign scholars who barely stutter through their English taking up so many places in the universities our kids so keenly strive for thru so many sleepless stressed nights. Yes, this is the real world for you.

lol and i guess "adult forum" for you would mean reading things like people trying to get hooked up in swimming pools, or how many times one can cum in a day.

Please back off. Everyone is seriously entitled to write or discuss about whatever concerns him. Its true that A levels might not be the most important thing ever, but when you're 18, what is the most important thing to you then? Finding a job you really like? Settling down with a perfect other half?

Dont chide our generation for being kiddy. I trust that when you were our age you werent that far off either.

A-level is just mid-way in life and it is not end of the world if fail. You can always resit or go oversea university e.g. Australia.

Engineering is not a prosperous course. Better study Business and you can work as banker or trader in future. Can earn 5-6k monthly. There are also many chio bu you can harvest in business school :D

For immediate destress, can go running, swimming and sauna ;)

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.