Male HQ

Lame 'facts' You Were Taught When You're Still A Kid

- Life is fair.

- If you work hard, you will get what you deserve.

- Bad things only happen to bad people, vice versa.

- God has a plan for all of us.

- Singapore doesn't have snow because all the snow melted while falling from the skies because it's too hot here.

- Pointing at the crescent moon will result in a cut near/at your ear.

If you have to pee in a hole or under the tree, say 'Dear Grandpa. Grandchild seeks forgiveness peeing here' then pee else you will be disturbed by the ghost.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

What are the lame facts you were taught when you were still a kid?

(eg. Mum taught me to pull my pants as high to cover my belly button as that no air would enter my tummy)

Lol! Never heard of this before. Usually never believe anything my parents say untill it is tried and tested haha.

haha_zpsc85cc20e.jpg

Rubbed a hard boiled eggs on your body to extract fever worms if you have fever (Mo Tan).

Never look at naked person or risk getting "eye-needle".

Finished up your bowl of rice or risk not getting married.

OMG...hahaha... these lame facts are exactly the same as what I was told when I was a kid! If every family is telling their kids the same thing... there must be some truth in them???!!!

OMG...hahaha... these lame facts are exactly the same as what I was told when I was a kid! If every family is telling their kids the same thing... there must be some truth in them???!!!

The other variation is the garang guni man, haha. Always these two one, imagine my horror when I saw an indian garang guni man, I swear I almost shit my pants. My grandma just laughed at my noob self, hurhur.

Cause they have to make it childish and scary for kids, so they will listen haha, ppl are naive at young :3

i guess thats true. But they should have considered that we would totally believe it and proudly tell the world 'facts' they taugt us.

after eating during, rub salt on the inner side of the durian shells, where the flesh was.

then fill it with water, drink the salty water

it will removes the smell in the mouth.

(never try, but my dads always does it.. not sure if it's true)

bite your new pair of shoes first before you wear it, then it won't "bite" you.

(well i really did that for all my shoes since young)

Edited by luke84

Don't change seat when having your meal or end up changing spouses in future...

I heard this before! hehe

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

all the things that you guys were taught are hilarious..!!

here another one : sit with your legs wide open and your bird will fly off.

Side track a bit. When I was still teaching, the school gals on the bus seated at the back row with legs wide open. I said, 'This is not Geylang. We don't need colour tv. Sit properly.' I should have probably told them 'If you sit like that, your colour tv will become monochrome'

― J'son M. Lee 

Don't take picture in the dark... cos u will tae a photo of the ghost.

Don't open umbrella indoors, cos the spirit "trapped inside" will escape.

Don't put your chopsticks straight up on the bowl, cos it resembles josssticks and will bring bad luck

anigif_enhanced-5397-1408658439-1.gif

Don't have your meals with one leg over the other (二郎腿), or you will end up with debts.

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

oh also dont go to playgrounds at night cause there's always ghost of little kids there. LOL

that one freaks me out till now. Always jump when a kid appears out of no where when im chilling in a park of playground at night

Edited by Retadin

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

-- Oscar Wilde

oh also dont go to playgrounds at night cause there's always ghost of little kids there. LOL

that one freaks me out till now. Always jump when a kid appears out of no where when im chilling in a park of playground at night

same here!!

till now i still avoid playgrounds at night.

Guest pepor

Don't walk under a hanging laundry of a female underwear, very "sway" (bad luck) one.

At night, don't say night flower smell nice otherwise you will get night spirit attention.

• Guest locked this topic