Male HQ

So.. I Went Out On A Date With This Guy...

Guest stoopid

If u're just having dessert then he is probably being stuck and and acting like a brat. So, it really is about the context of the date. Sure slippers jeans and a shirt might be fine for desserts, but it wont be proper to, for lack of a better example, a museum.

Whatever the case, you guys probably just didnt have much chemistry together. :) Just saying.

On top of tat, wouldn't u both had agreed on the places to go? Then it gives both party to dress appropriately? I would usually pre-empt my date on my dressing like... "I will be wearing T-shirt, shorts & slippers" and at times he would say "that's fine." Or "could you wear a shirt with jeans, instead?" This saves us embarrassment & awkwardness, if any.

Sometimes, chemistry need to be orchestrated.

If I cant feel it, I aint faking it

Most of the comments here focusing more of the dress code not so much the others like how his date tend to pick on other things including the way he ate. That's not a good start. If my date can't accept me as who I am, I will be polite to finish the meeting arrangement, smile and not turning back. One of the main failures in a relationship (I was one of the culprits) is the strong urge to change our partners.

Back to dress code, of course you need to dress well when needed. Dessert place in Clarke Quay? White tee, bermuda and yes, my flip-flop. I am comfortable that way.

marilyn.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

its just the 1st date,,,,

other than working or going to atas restaurants, i wear bermuda, t-shirt and loafer generally with my casio watch.

It is just dessert and it is just me.

it's not the dressing attire but the company that counts......

When going on a date, especially the first, you're suppose to create a good impression for the other party.. This applies to all kinds of dates, straight or gay..

Just like how a guy would want a girl to dress up and doll up a little on their first date..

The first date is always the most important one. Someone who dresses well according to the occasion and location will definitely be a plus point. Plus dressing up shows that you take the date more seriously.. Turning up in jeans and slippers is definitely a no-no imo..

I'm not insulting you in any way over here.. Just giving my two cents about the discussion here :)

Overall it's still up to you if you want to dress up for your future first dates :)

Not that there's anything wrong with the "I am comfortable in my own skin" perspective, but we as social-beings do need to make compromise once in a while, so it's not realistic to expect that people will love you for who you(r selfish self) are.

Lovers do accept each other's flaws, but that's only because coping with these minor annoyances are better than having to lose him. But not attempting to correct these flaws will probably result in an inconvenient ride, or worse, one unlucky day you'd find that he's finally hit that boiling point. It's really better not to make it hard for people to love you... especially when it only takes a small sacrifice to please your partner (or your prospect, for that matter).

That being said, I don't think the TS had a really awful start. I think T-shirts and jeans are fine (unless they are really lousy or un-ironed), sandal is more questionable but isn't that awful either. The date he met was definitely rude. But on the other hand, he's just speaking his mind; he's just being more outspoken than an average Joe. The thing is... if it's a first date, you definitely want people to focus on your positives and be interested enough to want to see you again. Fact: we like to see beautiful things. We HAVE eyes, for Christ's sake! Appearing in clothes that make you look good certainly can help.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Like it or not, image does play a crucial part when it comes to dates. To put it in to a more primal context, you want to make yourself as attractive as you possibly can to a prospective mate, especially on the first date where first impressions will be made. I'm not saying that casual wear is not suitable, but it definitely isn't if you're dining at a restaurant.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Guest locked this topic