Male HQ

Should I Write Story About A Friend?

Guest Gay fruit

Guest Gay fruit

I wanted to write stories about a friend but felt deterred after having started a thread “GAY PEOPLE HAVE HAD ENOUGH”. Some readers felt offended, others felt too negative.

Surely not every gay story is full of raw sex. There are story surrounding a missed place, a sentimental music, the memory of scent like buring joss stick, an old school torn down for condo, a lost friends, the missing hawker of your favourite food even the smell of paint or old army uniform kindered a forgotten mood…??? No?

I know it is normal for many to be horny and wanting to see, read and feel sex. Most readers love that and I can’t blame them because we are human. On the other hand, gay life is not always about sex right? We wanted more than just that, we have dreams, lost dreams, future dreams and uncertain dreams. We are always dreaming.

The thing is, while doing so, we processed the past, present and future and let it traveled back in time to recall what happened then, now and likely future ahead. Not everything can be smooth. The old gay people will know. How many old gays are happy here. Tell me,. Young people tend to be full of self and trigger happy which is understandable, I was there before. Than every journey was like story unveiled and you are the main actors, or your friends. It carries anxiety, excitement, obstacles, lost and found like Harry Porter. Did J.K. Rowling wrote philosophy in all her 7 thick tales, no right? She let her readers wow, tears and angry. No readers will criticize harry porter’s author as being negative, sad and not worth a read. Do you?

Of course harry porter is just a fictition, but real life is about all that is. You either read or don’t read and you don’t criticize because you felt you are living on different plain. Why not give others the benefit of doubt, wear their shoes and feel it. I am sure people standing under the hot sun will not be understood by those living in winter all their lives?

Having said that, I am not sure if I should write a friend story more than 10 pages long. He is not well educated, can't write and no clue about PC. Not much sex and not very exciting, but the story is real to the heart of every man.

Now that i might frightened my readers, so what kind of story you guys love to read and should I start writing them? Feedback.

You can write. Different readers will have their own take on it.

Some will appreciate for a story well written. Others will take offence.

But its inconsequential. The point is, the story is a platform to allow what happens to be broadcast to a wider audience. What comes after is not important. What is probably more impt, is that there are some ppl who will read it, and more ppl will know about it.

That being said, provided you are willing to exert the effort to write it in the first place :)

Good, bad, positive, negative, agreement, disagreement; all are valuable input that you can consider.

I don't see why you should restraint yourself from posting what you sincerely believe is useful just because there might be some people who will not share your point of view.

It's true that sometimes we should give the benefit of the doubt. But at the same time, it's good that people speak out what's truly on their mind (however incompatible it is with yours) and provide an alternative perspective to your issue.

Lastly, I'm not a fan of negative thoughts myself (not too sure how Harry Potter is related to negativity at all, by the way). I think that negativity is useful for people to get their feelings out, beaten off their chest, so they can rise again. But when people start to wallow on excessive self-pity, it can sometimes cross into attention-seeking territory, which is a big no-no because people already have enough shit in their own life to even bother about others' (especially if it's negativity over trivial matters). Thing is... negativity will not lead us anywhere unless we start to act on it.

I don't think your posts are attention-seeking (well, at least so far not yet), but well, I'm just making a general remark on people who are always negative and never act on their own problems.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Guest Blaidd_drwg

Just write la and deal with the shit that gets flinged pass-by. There's a lesson to learn in everything (as long as that lesson makes you a better person).

Stating your first post is already making me irritated. How to solve leh? Write more lor. HAHA!

Now that i might frightened my readers, so what kind of story you guys love to read and should I start writing them? Feedback.

I am always interested reading a story where there is something to learn from the characters I can apply in life.

As some have suggested, you should not allow any negativity from other people to deter you. If only everyone learns to respect each other's views even if they disagree instead of being hungry critics finding faults for everything. Ahhh that is like hoping for world peace.

Good luck and I look forward to reading your story. If you would be kind, do drop me a pm when you have done it. Just too many threads not sure which one is which one. Thanks!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

• Guest locked this topic