Male HQ

How Long Do Aj Relationships Last?

Guest curiousNconfused

Guest curiousNconfused

Hi guys, I just wonder how long do aj relationships last typically. How often do such relationships last for say, 5/10/20 years down the road?

Guest stbrianud

Man... You can't ask such a question -_- because there's no answer.. It's the same as saying how long a straight relationship typically last...

Guest Brian Kinney

I roughly get wad you mean. AJ rs typically faces more social issue than the str8's. Hence from a pessismistic pt of view, it may not last very long. However, all rs in both departments has their pros and cons. A gay couple may not received good blessing or recognition from the public and no official marriage to bind them together, a str8 couple may have it all but other matters like children, income, compatibility or cheating may destroy or affect their rs.

In conclusion, AJ or Str8's rs has both their affecting factors and so, there will be some who can surf their way through the tides and their rs last forever. Its all bind down to how deeply and committed both parties are.

Just my 5 cent worth of thought.

Guest articio

All relationships are built in hopes of lasting forever. Although the stereotypical perception of how AJ relationships never last is partially true due to various underlying factors. How many of the people lurking here don't cheat, have not seek fun, meet other aj people while in a r/s? I'd say it accounts for the minority. Social stigma, lack of familial bonds and other prickly issues such as family objections could also devastate the bond in a relationship. Hence the perceived fragility of aj relationships. But all in all, it's the personality and behavior of AJ people that causes such perception. So perhaps look at yourself in the mirror before wondering why AJ relationships don't last forever.

Mine is 12 years roughly, started in Dec 1999.. open R/S after 10 years..we are both very sure that we are made for each other. Been living together since we got attached.

Will grow old together.

Mine lasted 36 years and still going strong ... gone thru many happy n sad moments together .. Wonderful experience

We have last for 7 years

MIne 12 years and continue to meet.

There is no chance to live under one roof cos he is an married man.

These are all proofs that gay relationship can work.

Yes, there are many relationships that falter along the way too. But seriously, the same holds true with straight relationships.

The test of time is never easy to overcome. It's unrealistic to expect that most relationship (straight or gay) to last for a long time, simply because finding "the one and only man" is not as easy as bumping into any random charming man and easily decide that you want to live with him forever, but that's exactly what makes it so special/valuable once you actually find the right one.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

So far 32 yrs and know several others similar. My straight brother divorced twice, one divorced sister. No guarantees in this life, except in the end. :(

Never been in a r/s before.

On a side note,

all the posts of how long people's r/s have last for are actually quite encouraging to read :)

"One of the best things about a forum is that it's a place where you can find the most random and outrageous quotes on the internet." - Ghandi

Guest Converted.

So far 32 yrs and know several others similar. My straight brother divorced twice, one divorced sister. No guarantees in this life, except in the end. :(

Quite similar for me. Two str8 male and one str8 female in the family divorced. I am one and converted (or rather diversify) to gayship.

In the long run, its better to let go if unhappy with the r/s. Free yourself & bite the bullet.

O/w stress resulting in low immunity & cancer may take over....including non-sex HIV too.

Gay relationships are dynamic and comes in different forms. Length can be as short as some say and as long as those who had told us here. There are many reasons for the relationship to work and the couple would need to find one that works for them. There are no hard and fast rules and those that you know that last long must've been thru quite a bit for them to be together. There will be trials, jealousy, quarrels and etc ... just how the couple intend to manage or call it quits. As long as you are in a relationship, enjoy the moment! Kudos to the one that is already more than 30 years!

Trust is more important than monogamy. - Savage Garden, Affirmation

Had a client recently. More than 15 years in a relationship with the same guy here in Singapore.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

• Guest locked this topic