Male HQ

How To Handle Girls Who Take A Liking To You

Guest george

Guest george

have a female colleague who declares openly to everyone that i am her type and she admires me because i am hot and have a nice body. she can even go on to say that she wanna touch my body all over and i am her hubby. initially i just laugh it off everytime though i do feel irritated once in awhile. i am not out in the workplace btw.

however, she has began to go overboard and scrutinized my daily action and has comments on whatever i do. she can comment on my hair, my skin, my clothes to what i eat, how i talk and whatever i do. and she is always asking why i do not have a gf. it has come to a point where i feel rather irritated and disgusted by her actions.

here's the tricky part: she is rather popular as she is not bad looking but is the talkative and kaypo type and is not afraid to speak her mind. she does have some seniority in the workplace and not much people wanna offend her as their work and progress can directly or indirectly be influenced by her. i am in that situation as well and i know that my progress will be much much slower without her help.

any idea on what i should do and do share some experiences on how u guys handle girls who take a liking to you. -_-

Just be professional about it. Treat it like any other kind of sexual harassment case.

Tell her you have certain principles you adhere to when you're at work (i.e not discussing personal life) and that you'll appreciate it if she'll let you continue those principles -- set boundaries, essentially.

And if she's every bit of a self-respecting professional that you believe she is, you might even impress her with your work ethics.

I was in a rather similar situation before. The more I avoided her, the more daring and even "physical" she became. I decided that I had enough so I brought her to a quiet place, in this case Fort Canning Park one night and told her nicely that I was in love with someone else and that I was not worthy of her. She took it bitterly initially but eventually moved on and left me alone.

120px-Zoso.svg.png

That's one way of handling things; Tell them you're having something for someone else already.

Sadly this is a work-based scenario so brushing them off isn't the best action to consider.

It's best if you draw the lines very clearly while retaining the intent for friendship.

Edited by SeannyShortcake

First of all, u give the wrong impression to her that u like her joke, and her type is to yr liking.this type of girl very emo and get offended easily if u tell strgt in her face. Whenever she joke on u openly, just turn to deaf ear and concentrate on yr work, do not play along with her joke, if she ask u direct in yr face which u cant avoid, tell u got gf, show her the body language u r not the affectionate type, and that u do not like to talk something personal. never declare u r gay, yr life will be wrecked

Do not complain to HR, else your life is going to be miserable since you have mentioned that she has some seniority. Like what other members have suggested, tell her you already have someone in mind. Since she can 'fell in love' with you without knowing much about you, if there is a new kid on board who is not bad looking, I am sure she will switch target. In the meantime, just treat the matter as one of the things you dislike about your office & hang on. At least, this issue is better than having a bad boss ;p

Some girls will turn vulgar or become mean when they are turned down. Scary.

Just like some rejected gays in sauna. They even turned into violent & aggressive btms. Sacriest!

Technically, you can sue the company for sexual harassment. It is harassment because she has created a working environment in which you have been objectified publicly,distracting and uncomfortable to work in. Nothing to do with your sexual orientation.

Love. 

The easiest way is tell her that you are in love with another girl. And tell her that you can't tell her you have a gf because your gf is not open about it yet. But if she still doesn't believe it, ask a very close girlfriend to act as your girlfriend and show her!? haha.

Guest sixpence

1. Place a photo of you and ur close girlfriend on your office desk. Of course, seek the permission of your close gf first in case you need her to act along with you

2. wear a ring

U have no choice but to play her game her way - if you want to advance yr career. Be friendly but uninterested; be firm but flexible; be professional but warm; lastly be a good colleague but never a friend. Do not mislead her, and keep a safe distance. Then again,you never know you may just find a friend in her, eventually.

1. Place a photo of you and ur close girlfriend on your office desk. Of course, seek the permission of your close gf first in case you need her to act along with you

2. wear a ring

ohmygod totally! Start wearing a ring! She will eventually notice the ring on your finger and start asking the qns!

• Guest locked this topic