Male HQ

The Hobbit Expected In 2009

"In a recent interview with the New York Times, New Line founder and co-chairman Robert Shaye acknowledged that he expects the prequel to their highly successful Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Hobbit to hit theaters in 2009 despite there not being a script or director for the project. Originally planned as a vehicle for Rings director Peter Jackson, rumors of Sam Raimi began emerging after a public feud between Shaye and Jackson developed as a result of a lawsuit brought on by Jackson. Jackson claims he is owed additional royalties for The Fellowship of the Ring. Shaye told Sci-Fi Wire, "I don't care about Peter Jackson anymore. He wants to have another $100 million or $50 million, whatever he's suing us for. He doesn't want to sit down and talk about it. He thinks that we owe him something after we've paid him over a quarter of a billion dollars." Shaye later apologized for the comment stating it was said "in a moment of emotion." Shaye wouldn't comment on the reports that Spider-Man director Sam Raimi has been considered to helm The Hobbit. "

Though through informations from friends in States that the rights will not fall into the hands of New Line. Apparently the rights to make the Hobbit film fall back to Saul Zaentz 'next year.' He claims that, under their stewardship, The Hobbit will 'definitely be shot by Peter Jackson.' Mr. Zaentz is the head honcho of Tolkien Enterprises, which originally acquired exclusive rights to productions of the LOTR and Hobbit material in 1976, prior to overseeing the Bakshi animated version of LOTR."

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, But, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and BITCH SLAP THAT MOTHER@#*%$& UPSIDE THE HEAD!!!

I was told beside The Hobbit, there will be one more prequel movie of LOTR been considered. Hmm....The Silmarion? Too large scale to be one episode....The Children of Hurrin?

Anyway with Wingnut Films (Peter Jackson's film company) suing New Line now over royalties issues, it's not really possible for Peter to helm The Hobbit unless the right of the movie return to the Saul Zaentz Company owns Tolkien Enterprises next year.

Rumors are now rife over in the States. Things goes that the orignal cast, spearhead by Ian MacCallen, have refuse to appear in The Hobbit if the project if it is not direct by Peter. As far as I know, The Hobbit require the appearance of Gandalf the Wizard, Aragorn the Strider and Arwen (not sure about others). I heard the entire cast were in very close relation with Peter. ..sigh...I wish my crew were that close to me....

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, But, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and BITCH SLAP THAT MOTHER@#*%$& UPSIDE THE HEAD!!!

It will be great if the original cast act in The Hobbits.. it will be great addition to the LOTR trilogy collections... Imagine if the original cast is not used in The Hobbits, watching the DVDs from The Hobbits to the whole of LOTR will be quite weird.. <_<

I will not be surprised if the original cast does not want to be in the new film if it is not directed by Peter. When filming LOTR trilogy, the friendship between the cast and Peter had been built over the years. During the filming, they see one another day and night, have meals together and so on. They knew each other characteristics and habits. Also, they knew one another's expectations. Therefore, this made communications and cooperations easy.

• Guest locked this topic