Male HQ

Help Needed: Imposter.

Johnny Wong

Not really sure if this is an appropriate place to post my question here, so apologies in advance.

Here is my problem (cannot reveal too much details to protect my identity):

Recently a guy decides to pretend to be me by using my face pic on some aj social networking site and well, seeks fun actively.

After reporting the guy a few times (and the admin managed to delete his account and claimed to block him), he respawned again.

Now the problem is, people in those sites that he frequents would likely to blacklist me as an untrusted/fake person, and it would be a lot of trouble to verify that I am the true identity, and in fact, interact with them.

So, other than ignoring, what else can I do?

Thanks ;)

[Edit]

In fact, in that website, it's inevitable to show your photos.

And there are more background info (such as how I met him, etc) untold and cannot be told here.

And new question here: Would it be wise for me to lodge a police report? At the mere age of 18 especially? Given that blackmailing is involved here.

Edited by Johnny Wong

I'd advise you to lodge a police report against him for blackmail, impersonation and possible identity theft.

Based on the information you supply, the investigating officer will determine if there is a further case against him with his victims (for example, cheating, theft of property etc).

There's no point hiring a lawyer at this time. It will be a waste of your savings as there is no monetary claim on your part, or a possible monetary return that can offset against your expenditure on legal fees.

Don't worry about the gay issue that may arise. Focus on the potential criminal wrongdoing and the consequences that will be visited upon him for his actions.

Not just gay issues, heard that my parents will be informed if I do so, is that true?

I do not know about this to be able to advise you. Hope others in the forum with more information or experience can help our young brother here.

Watermark your photos :)

Thanks for your suggestion, but only prevents from occurring again, which is what I have done.

A thot: Perhaps you can approach an organisation such as Oogachaga and see if it's possible to get a lawyer-mentor to help with the situation discreetly e.g. possibly send legal letter to this perpetrator and see if he might desist...?

http://www.oogachaga.com/

Mind I ask, how does it work?

then what should I do? :(

anyway this guy frequents trevvy chat so you gotta be careful.

How's he blackmailing you? I suppose you should just ignore it and explain the situation to whoever you wanna fxxk - there's really nothing else you can do...

And it technically isn't identity theft because the person isn't committing any sort of offence, is he? I'm not too sure about the legalities involved.

Edited by trueblue

Hmm can't reveal too much info here cos he might come here and read this message. The whole incident from start to end spans for a long while. Yeah he blackmailed and I ignored. But subsequently he started using my pic and actively seek for sex. That's why it is so frustrating.

Hmm can't reveal too much info here cos he might come here and read this message. The whole incident from start to end spans for a long while. Yeah he blackmailed and I ignored. But subsequently he started using my pic and actively seek for sex. That's why it is so frustrating.

does he seek to de-fame you by portraying you as someone who seeks casual fun? He's surely not gonna be getting much sex cuz he's not gonna be meeting up with anyone since he's only use fake pictures.

Guest Johnny Wong lazy to log in

Johnny Wong here.

People would still meet him (thinking that its me) what. Well, you can think it's defaming. possibly outside the circle too.

you're 18, not branded as a full fledge adult legally. That age is 21

if you're gonna seek legal help formally, I don't think you can hide if from your parents.

I've encountered some other impostors trying to act as someone that he's not

Let me take this opportunity to criticize them.

Frigging get a life, it's bloody annoying and not to mention very hypocritical and shallow for you scums of society to act like someone you're not. Don't have a legacy , don't have the looks , don't have the identity?? Go and use your own two hands and build one instead of taking the easy way out of stealing another's.

Worse off, impostor and stalk. Why not go buy some police uniform and go rob a bank. I see no difference.

Edited by fenghou

I've encountered some other impostors trying to act as someone that he's not

Let me take this opportunity to criticize them.

Frigging get a life, it's bloody annoying and not to mention very hypocritical and shallow for you scums of society to act like someone you're not. Don't have a legacy , don't have the looks , don't have the identity?? Go and use your own two hands and build one instead of taking the easy way out of stealing another's.

Worse off, impostor and stalk. Why not go buy some police uniform and go rob a bank. I see no difference.

Well said :) but on top of stealing others, they help to tarnish them :(

But does that mean such form of cyberbullying on pre-adults have no resolution? T.T

Guest Ironrod

I really wonder what can he blackmail u abt......

1) he use your photo seek sex so what when ppl met him up realize he is a fakey ppl will still fxxk with him? Seriously?

2) u worry abt getting a bad rep and affects in future u seeking friends on those apps? If u are seriously good looking don't be bother by those apps becos friends will come find u automatically. But if u still insist no worries when ppl whom u are interested just make the first move and cam with them to prove u are the real thing lor. Truth need no hiding and if that guy don't respons or not interested it really doesn't matter if u are real or not.

3) if u serious abt taking legal action or even police I feel there is a risk everyone may know u are gay?

Anyways just focus on studies, don't be too bothered that guy is helping u with free advertisement anyways. Perhaps some serious suitors may even hunt down the real u and propose cause they can't resist your photo and want to befriend the real u.

Think on the bright side k?

• Guest locked this topic