Male HQ

Where Can I Buy New Blunt Shavers?

Guest hairy guy

Guest hairy guy

Not sure anyone having the same problem as me... i have really thick facial hair on my upper lip, lower lip n chin area. Have been shaving over a year only... when i shave with a new sharp razor downwards, the shaving doesnt work well at all becos the shavers cant shave close enough. So i tried shaving against the hair growth with that sharp razor. And horribly got thousands of cuts on my lip.... so i ended up experimenting with blunt razors, i hav been shaving with a blunt razor against my hair growth for close to a year already. And it works great. The shaving is super smooth and the results r awesome. But the problem is the blunt razor that i have been using is starting to get TOO blunt for shaving.... so if i were to buy a brand new sharp razor and start shaving till its blunt again, i would not be able to get the shaving results that i want... so my question is, anyone knows where to buy a new blunt razor??? If not anyone have any suggestion for shaving techniques with sharp razors???

My dad also got thick hairs but his shaving is always smooth and awesome. He told me that he use lots of shaving cream. I different shaving cream, but lips end up swelling... which is even worse... so i would just use water to go with my shaving...

Please, no hate or rude replies! Hope to get some serious answers! Thk u.

i'm surprised u managed to shave with a blunt or used shavers... damn, my skin will tear apart if i used that...

my facial hair is kinda coarse too... a sharp razor blade is the only way to go...

usual shaving convention is to shave it with the growth of the hair (ie to shave downward if ur starting from ur cheeks), with slow and steady strokes...washing away the hairs on the blade after every short stroke. it's not encourage to go against the hair growth as it will possible cause ingrown hairs (tendancy to pass off as pimples/acne). personally, one way strokes doesn't gimme a smooth shaving... so after i'm done with shaving downwards, i'll shave in an upwards direction in a slow, mid-length stroke (since most of the hairs are gone).

try to use some sort of lubricant prior to shaving... like gatsby's shaving gel, gillette's shaving foam or gel, shaving oil, or even shaving bar soap... try to experiment which one works best for u....

it's best to shave after a hot shower and after washing ur face or after doing a facial scrub... if not, just place a towel (soaked in hot water) on ur face. leave it for a few min... all these methods are heplful to soften the coarse hair...

this step is optional, but i think since ur have facial hair, might as well u invest in it... aftershave lotion/oil... yes, it's gonna sting, it's going to hurt.. but it helps to prevent any ingrown hairs... well, if u can't tolerate pain, u could use JPG L'apres rasage. cos it does not contain any alcohol that responsible for the stingy effect...

but whatever it is, it's still best for u to experiment with the different type of combi, the way u shave (different ppl will have hair growing in slightly different directions) or products that works best for ur face...

best of luck. hope i'll find what ur looking for...

Why not try electric shavers fo rthe time being. At least till you heal from the daily cuts ;D

These days electric/battery shavers can do wet shaves too.

Just remember dont use them when the power is low....it can jam on you during shaves...OUCH :P

Be prepares to pay quie a bit though.

You should watch your dad shaving too...hehe

It boils down to technique,,,learn from your dad lah.

Guest hairyboy

Lol, sorry >< but futaki doesnt seem to get what im typing lolol... shaving cream gives me skin irritation and i hav hairs on lips n chin, not cheeks. And i i hav never get any ingrown hair before, maybe cos i hav straight hairs? Ive experimented many times already. I found out water + blunt shaver + shaving against the hair growth works best for me... but there is no where i can find blunt razors.... :( and shaving upwards with a sharp razor gives me thousands of cut.... i cant use hot water too. I have very sensitive skin. Hot water plus shaving makes my skin irritated...

Marineboy

hahaha ok, i will try electric one! I watch, my dad says its the shaving cream. As i said cream gives me irritation...

Hmm.. Try having the warm water to soften the hair by leaving them damped for a longer period of time. Then, start shaving downwards first (with the flow of the growth). Yes, it will NOT be clean. After you are done with the downwards shave, then proceed with the upward one (against the grain of the hair). I've read it on some shaving blog onilne awhile ago and found it rather useful. Also, don't rush through the process. =)

Hope that helps.

Edited by sgboxers

I always wash my face thoroughly with my facial wash before shaving in order to open the pores n soften my skin... After your shaving, wash your face with the facial wash again... Sounds wasteful? But it helps alot for my sensitive skin to the shaving foam/process... My bf recommends electric shaver...

• Guest locked this topic