Male HQ

Pure Asians With Blue Eyes? How?

Guest Guest

All these while i've notice my grandfather having blue eyes. But recently got even more curious about it becos my newborn niece got that blue eyes too. no one else in my family inherited that blue eyes. My grandfather is a hokkien. And we have absolutely zero ang moh blood at all. He has dirty dark blue eyes (not the shappire bright blue kind)... i hav nvr seen any asians (in public) with natural blue eyes before... so anyone know of any pure asians with blue eyes? And any suggestion how is it even possible my grandfather got his blue eyes? Just curious for some response here ~

My take is that if you remove the brown/black pigmentation, the iris is naturally blue. That is why in very young where the pigment has not yet developed, or in the old, where the pigmentation is lessening, you can sometimes see a blue ring where the iris meets the white. But the deep blue on the whole of the iris, I have never seen before.

As a child, I too first noticed the blue ring it in my old grand uncle whenever I visited for CNY. Now I see it in my father too. We are teochew.

We see things not as they are, but as WE are - The Talmud

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear - The Buddha

Guest Passingthru

In elderly people, it's usually because of cataracts. Their thickening makes the eyeballs look bluish. In babies or young children, it's usually because they still lack melanin or pigmentation which will develop optimally for each race/individual. It is only in extremely rare cases of mutation that non caucasoids have blue eyes. The most is hazel.

Wow both of u must be doctors lol. But my grandfather just underwent cataract operation. And its still blue. Okay, maybe the black pigments hav died off.... and the newborn is lacking pigments. shall ask my mum about the eye colour when my grandfather was young... thk u! :)

The Iris are black, regardless of ang moh or asians, they are indians with blue eyes too, some even with red eyes, brown eyes or even purely white(Albino), Well, it's not because of mutations or such, mutations only occurs to sickle cell anaemia and etc.. Well blue eyes on asians are just a mismatch of genes and alleles during the forming of the double helix system of a single DNA, well i can go on for hours, but that's just the basics of it.

I'm happy because I learnt to be contented. Black & White life with surprising rainbows sometimes. ;) 
Your Friendly Gay "Cher"

There are many Central Asians (eg Turkic) people with blue eyes. In addition, there had always been claims that a lost legion of Imperial Roman soldiers ended up in the Sinkiang region. These people had intermarried into the Chinese and other Asian races for centuries. There is no reason why the gene for blue eyes should not be dominant once in a while.

Edited by allmyimages2020

IN the first place y does TS wanna group Asians under one category for this thread discussion when there are so many different races within Asia.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest reverse

Don't read too much into it,

blue eyes, are genetic mutation, a random selection of genes, sometimes make people look like one in a million, like Brad Pitt's look.

The Iris are black, regardless of ang moh or asians, they are indians with blue eyes too, some even with red eyes, brown eyes or even purely white(Albino), Well, it's not because of mutations or such, mutations only occurs to sickle cell anaemia and etc.. Well blue eyes on asians are just a mismatch of genes and alleles during the forming of the double helix system of a single DNA, well i can go on for hours, but that's just the basics of it.

..........you mean the pupil is black and albinos have red eyes not white.............

"Well, I didn't know it would come to this but that's what happens when you're on your own."

• Guest locked this topic