Male HQ

Aj Nowadays..........

Guest Sigh87

There are nice people out there among the unfriendly ones. Perhaps you have not met them yet. I guess when 2 persons do not lay down criteria in being nice, no agendas and no expectations they open up the door of being friendly.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Everywhere you go, we are bound to meet not so nice people whatever their sexual orientation is. Often in meeting someone or wanting to be someone's friend, we set some rules such as his looks, age, race etc. True friendship doesn't work that way. We should not allow those unfriendly people to intimidate us with their behaviours and saying. Often those behaving badly are insecure. Don't dismiss the idea they might turn around one day to be nice people.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Guest Sigh87

Well. I just joined this circle say 2 days ago ? I went trevvy (not IRC ) and hoping to find friends . via the messaging platform so i usually left a message to them .

Eg jack last online 29/08/2012

The message i sent is 28/08/2012

I mean like obviously he don't wanna reply la , quite a few lehs ):

Why can't 直接reject me than ignoring , which is so rude

Well anw my name is Adrian (:

Guest Sigh87

Everywhere you go, we are bound to meet not so nice people whatever their sexual orientation is. Often in meeting someone or wanting to be someone's friend, we set some rules such as his looks, age, race etc. True friendship doesn't work that way. We should not allow those unfriendly people to intimidate us with their behaviours and saying. Often those behaving badly are insecure. Don't dismiss the idea they might turn around one day to be nice people.

YA . You're dam right ! " Often in meeting someone or wanting to be someone's friend, we set some rules such as his looks, age, race etc. True friendship doesn't work that way "

Thanks to you . I restore my faith in humanity.

Guest ongwsjackson

There is some truth to that. Especially in the scene.

I remember I was invited to parties only because I was relevant, not because I'm close to the host. And fortunately I was able to get attention constantly.

It's what I call the gay social ladder.

To end it off, an online friend (my age) once chided, "You've only grown to become humble because you know now that you're older your market value has dropped." And yes, as much shame it is, it's true. But I'd really appreciate him for giving me that slap on the face. Life of a twink.

Edit: Oh yeah in case any of my gay friends see this. As much as I've said this, I still do love you all individually. Sincerely :)

Edited by jacksonongws

There are indeed unfriendly people or nice people with hidden agenda in this circle.

But there are some genuine people who can make good friends too.

Anyway, I do find that sometimes it's easy to get frustrated because there are many people who are desperate and really pushes it. Perhaps this annoyance partly prompts people to be unfriendly too.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Guest Sigh87

There is some truth to that. Especially in the scene.

I remember i was invited to parties only because i was relevant, not because i'm close to the host. And fortunately i was able to get attention constantly.

It's what i call the gay social ladder.

To end it off, an online friend (my age) once chided, "You've only grown to become humble because you know now that you're older your market value has dropped." And yes, as much shame it is, it's true. But i'd really appreciate he gave me that 'slap' on the face. Life of a twink.

EDIT: Ohyeah in case any of my gay friends see this. As much as i've said this, i still do love you all individually. Sincerely :)

Wow. That was a really tight slap in the face .............................

Well. I just joined this circle say 2 days ago ? I went trevvy (not IRC ) and hoping to find friends . via the messaging platform so i usually left a message to them .

Did you even give him anything to reject in the first place?

Instagram: vodkabaker

Guest Sigh87

There are indeed unfriendly people or nice people with hidden agenda in this circle.

But there are some genuine people who can make good friends too.

Anyway, I do find that sometimes it's easy to get frustrated because there are many people who are desperate and really pushes it. Perhaps this annoyance partly prompts people to be unfriendly too.

Hur hur .

Not really want to push , just that me is curious about whether if the other party are really keen or jz busy to read the message ):

Adrian.

Guest stbrianud

Well.. Everyone is different... I'm not saying we are all good.. but i'm sure that some of us are... Some of us may be straightfoward and appear rude at times, but we only have your best interest at heart... While some of us are nice and gentle wanting to be friends and be friendly.... I'm not saying that all of us are like that... Some of us are just manipulative and deceitful. saying whatever you wanna hear so they can get something from you, be it sex or just a free meal...

Just becareful here... it's not a very safe place...

It's like a Rose...

Instead of Torns, you have dicks...

But if you can avoid the "torns" you'll have a beautiful flower... Kinda gross that it will be female.. but i'm sure you get the point...

Choose the colour of the rose wisely though... Some roses will stain you... and it might not be washable...

Sigh . Why is it so hard to find a nice people to really talk to ?

Is it me or i am the only one who realise that AJ now adays are quite snobbish ad unfriendly ?

You're just unlucky to meet the wrong people.

How to seek revenge 101: Know him. Befriend him. Make him trust you wholeheartedly. Destroy him. Utterly.

By typing this I fear no one's gonna friend me. :c

socially, it seems more acceptable to 'ignore' than to do an outright 'reject'? much so in the east than the west.

the entire issue and literature on... u noe, "giving face".

it's also politically incorrect to reject since u gotta give a reason AND "you are not my type / too chubby / skinny / not chinese / not local" etc etc etc is just so incorrect that ppl cringe to even consider telling that to the other party. So ppl choose to ignore and hope the other party will get the hint and fade off and disappear.

Yes, we are a pretty unfriendly bunch of ppl, haha.

I'm not gonna go and say outright that AJ's are all insecure individuals...because I know there are plenty of confident, go-getter AJs out there (as with any population of people). BUT, I hope you would agree with me that to an extent, many of us have grown up in a societal environment where same-sex orientations are systematically ridiculed or condemned. Consequently, we become very much the products of our society.

It's not a stretch to say, many of us would have experienced insecurities and confusion growing up, feeling the need to hide or deny a facet of ourselves in order to prevent social discrimination and ostracism. As we grow older and become more aware of how the world works, this ingrained mentality continue to manifest itself inside us, even perhaps after we've come to accept ourselves for what we are and who we love. In order to prevent ourselves from becoming subjected to the kind of discrimination that we used to fear or perhaps, even experienced, we build a wall of defence through a stoic hard-ass personality in order to hide our weaknesses and insecurities. We try to fool anyone willing to believe us that we're this impenetrable piece of ass (pun intended) you don't wanna mess with. I believe this defence mechanism becomes so rooted that we continue to practice it even amongst the company of other AJ's, as it's become a default mode of interaction between ourselves and society at large.

As the world and society changes, and it IS becoming increasingly acceptable for us to be ourselves, I hope that future generations of AJ's will come to understand that being gentle or warm doesn't equate to weakness, and that being aloof, prideful, distant or bitchy is not a strength. I hope that subsequent generations will not be afraid of being friendly, and that they won't be afraid of being gay.

hi adrian, don't think so much and start from here.

we are your friends now.

dHucp.gif

Edited by gammaray

high frequency | biologically hazardous | penetrating

Responding to the threadstarter, I think there are genuine AJ dudes around. Personally I have quite a few AJ friends whose friendships I developed from the unlikeliest places LOL. You just need some time to find them.

Regarding rejection, I guess you have to take it as it is if people don't reply. Sometimes other people have different agendas or are looking for different qualities. No point dwelling on a non-reply. You're going to miss out on the other guys out there who are looking for the same thing.

Good luck :)

Why do we have to be nice to strangers when most people want sex/relationship even before seeing your face? And also I believe most of us have this defensive wall set up against others just so we protect ourselves more. Which I don't see why thats a bad thing.

Trust me, I'm pretty nice to talk to as long you don't ask for sex, for fun, for face pics blah. Lower your expectations and you'll find better friends.

tumblr_m3l60d7jv21qbyxr0o1_500.gif

There are nice people out there among the unfriendly ones. Perhaps you have not met them yet. I guess when 2 persons do not lay down criteria in being nice, no agendas and no expectations they open up the door of being friendly.

yes very true.

when you have no expectation or agenda against the other person, you are normally friendly and put away your guard and shield.

but when you have agenda and you did not get what u want, u tend to become 'nasty'.

when the other person fall short of ur expectation, u tend to become unfriendly.

:(

Guest Ironrod

Guess . I will dismiss the idea of making friends and just focus on my career and friends.

Ty for all your piece of nice comments ;')

not true....i have made some good friends from BW and it's really fortunate

But life is like that, u can't be friendly to everyone becos some ppl just have the chemistry, some ppl just don't.

It's not that we are unfriendly sometimes but.......even being friends u need a little bit of 缘分.

I don't hate ppl whom don't response to my msges, perhaps the timing is just not right.

Don't give up hope yeah?

socially, it seems more acceptable to 'ignore' than to do an outright 'reject'? much so in the east than the west.

the entire issue and literature on... u noe, "giving face".

it's also politically incorrect to reject since u gotta give a reason AND "you are not my type / too chubby / skinny / not chinese / not local" etc etc etc is just so incorrect that ppl cringe to even consider telling that to the other party. So ppl choose to ignore and hope the other party will get the hint and fade off and disappear.

Yes, we are a pretty unfriendly bunch of ppl, haha.

In my opinion, it's so immature to just ignore people like that.

Personally, I'd value transparency a lot more than your effortlessly provided silence.

True, it's difficult and probably not worth the effort to PR your way through unwanted conversations, but you don't have to make up excuses if you could just deliver the upright and honest truth.

And by being upright and honest, you don't necessarily have to be unfriendly about it. It's really about how far are you willing to go to save face for the other person, and whether or not you'd respect that over being lazy about phrasing your words correctly. And apparently a lot of people just wouldn't bother. Says a lot more about these people, if you ask me.

Imo, some of us are really just to damn lazy to provide proper closure into the conversations that need them, which is a disgusting habit.

"One of the best things about a forum is that it's a place where you can find the most random and outrageous quotes on the internet." - Ghandi

It's not a stretch to say, many of us would have experienced insecurities and confusion growing up, feeling the need to hide or deny a facet of ourselves in order to prevent social discrimination and ostracism. As we grow older and become more aware of how the world works, this ingrained mentality continue to manifest itself inside us, even perhaps after we've come to accept ourselves for what we are and who we love. In order to prevent ourselves from becoming subjected to the kind of discrimination that we used to fear or perhaps, even experienced, we build a wall of defence through a stoic hard-ass personality in order to hide our weaknesses and insecurities. We try to fool anyone willing to believe us that we're this impenetrable piece of ass (pun intended) you don't wanna mess with. I believe this defence mechanism becomes so rooted that we continue to practice it even amongst the company of other AJ's, as it's become a default mode of interaction between ourselves and society at large.

Wow what an interesting relation you brought in there... maybe.. maybe not.

"One of the best things about a forum is that it's a place where you can find the most random and outrageous quotes on the internet." - Ghandi

• Guest locked this topic