Male HQ

Issue With Singnet Fibre Broadband

IkuTube

Any users here (in west of SG) experiencing bad connection lately, especially on their wireless network?

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

I have enough! :angry2: Calling their tech support does not seem to resolve my poor wifi signal and somehow they keep saying there's nothing wrong on their side. I used to have good signal but, of late, connection keeps dropping. Resetting and/or rebooting the modem still ends up with no internet connection at times.

Have decided to connect on LAN for now. Will just monitor before jumping ship on contract renewal.

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

Iku

1. You may want to consider switching the "Channel" of the WIFI on your router.

2. Since you mentioned that the "Wired" LAN works OK,

this means that from ISP to your router it is OK.

Otherwise the Wired LAN would also have problem too.

This leaves the WIFI signal that may be the problem,

it could be "weak" or may suffer external interference.

3. That is why you may want to consider switching the wifi channel on your router.

Possibility that your neighbours are also using wifi on the default transmission channel and thus interfering with yours.

Cheers !

2Wire/PACE 5012NV-002 only support 2.4GHz 20Mhz Wide Wireless N /g/b network.

Which typically can achieve around 40~50Mbit/s

The newer PACE A5520N is about the same spec with 5012NV-002, with additional Gigabit Ethernet.

You should know what Wireless is not fast and stable. Wireless is for mobility.

if for speed, you should go for wired connection. PoE solution.

You can buy a Asus RT-N56 and it should improve the wireless coverage.

Thanks guys for the reply.

Yup, had done all that. Rescanned for cleanest channel but connection was still (super) unstable. In fact, I did what schmuckisms was saying before his posting too and it didn't resolve my problem.

The weird thing, I used to get good wifi connection with download speed (based on speed test) about 30 to 40 Mbps. I suspect it is the modem problem since singtel has said it is fine on their side.

Sounds like the problem lies between router and wireless adapter.

1. On your computer, is the signal strength consistent and showing excellent/good or does it drop to low bar frequently?

2. Have you placed any radio-emitting devices (e.g. cordless phone, bluetooth, microwave) in the direct line of sight between your router and computer that may cause interference?

3. Can you connect/ are you still connected to the wireless network when you have no internet connectivity?

4. Try to do a ping test to see if packets is dropping. Start -> cmd -> ping <ip address of wireless router>

5. Have you recently installed any 3rd party firewall/anti-virus before you notice the problem occuring.

6. It's also good to update the latest driver for your wireless adapter.

7. Is the problem also occuring on another device, e.g. smart phone using WiFi, laptop etc

Join the official BW Telegram Group Chat: https://bit.ly/frmbw

1. On your computer, is the signal strength consistent and showing excellent/good or does it drop to low bar frequently?

2. Have you placed any radio-emitting devices (e.g. cordless phone, bluetooth, microwave) in the direct line of sight between your router and computer that may cause interference?

3. Can you connect/ are you still connected to the wireless network when you have no internet connectivity?

4. Try to do a ping test to see if packets is dropping. Start -> cmd -> ping <ip address of wireless router>

5. Have you recently installed any 3rd party firewall/anti-virus before you notice the problem occuring.

7. Is the problem also occuring on another device, e.g. smart phone using WiFi, laptop etc

Wow Bern, you gave me mental orgasm reading through your detailed troubleshoot/diagnostic questions. :o

1. I have two PCs. The one with a wireless LAN PCI-E card (Asus) shows excellent strength. The other (actually a MAC but on Win7) fluctuates from good to one bar at times. Both experience bad wi-fi, at the same time, recently even when the strength can show full bars. Both PCs will get disconnected simultaneously.

2. Things remain unchanged. No new gadgets.

3. Once disconnected, there will be no connectivity. It can last from 5 minutes to 15 minutes.

4. Not done but previous checks, it was usually between 5 to 7 ms.

5. Things remain unchanged. No new updates, no new softwares. Err, hehehe, only new pxxn sites. :twisted:

6. There is no latest driver for the wireless adapter for both machines.

7. Never tried.

Anyway, thank you so much, Bern. I have given up with the trouble shooting.

"with my limited knowledge",- i get no connection between the router and pc a couple of times a day recently even though signal strength shows excellent all the time. also wifi got no connection. i need to power off the router for a few minutes. when power on again, the connection comes back.

recently i change a new better (by cost) router, i experience no more disconnection. touch wood.

my deduction is the deterioration of components within the router of 2 years.

• 2 months later...
Guest lollipot

I got this problem too and i just changed to st fibre for 2 mths. Thhe 2 laptops i got will auto disconnect and the signal turned from good to poor. Changing channel helped but temporary.

• 4 weeks later...

The slow wifi may be because of channel interference with your neighbors' wifi.

I recommend you to install inSSIDer to check interference of wifi channels.

Your wifi channel is usually set to "auto" by default.

By monitoring the interference on inSSIDer, you can configure your router (modem) to set your wifi channel to the best one which is less crowded.

Guest harold1981

thanks guys for the previous information . anyway the past few days for singnet fibre boradband user seems to have some issue with the internet connection browsing speed slow or jam but been restore this late afternoon .

• 3 months later...

Singnet! Good luck and you are on your own.

Try to remember if you added any sofware or hardware before problem? Any firewall or internet security? If so do the reverse and try to find out.

If you are using Linksys and under warranry, call their suport and good luck.

• 4 months later...

Try ASUS N53 Wireless Adapter Dual-Band

Wireless-N600 on your PC or notebook. Some notebook built-in wireless LAN card has limitations. I changed my PC TP Link to ASUS, the speed increased from 25Mbps to 50Mbps.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Singnet Fibre User

Singnet's PACE ROUTER is hopeless.

I am subscribed to Fibre 300 MBPS but the wireless reception at home is absolutely terrible.

Can anyone help me here why this happens:

Scenerio:

I am using the app on my iphone called Speedtest X to test the Download and Upload Speed. 

I've got 6 mbps for using my home wife i.e pace router for download.

I've got 3.something for using my 3G network on my phone.

The trouble is, the streaming on the 3G network and downloading of everything seemed so much faster then using the wifi!! 

This is the case even for downloading apps onto the iphone eg like watapp. if me and a friend were to DL the same app it seemed to take forever to DL even this app!!

Can someone help explain why? Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I hooked up my PC with wireless adapter ASUS PCE-AC68 which connects to my RT-AC68U which replaced the crappy Singtel broadband modem. My PC is my room which is about 10 metres away from the router in the living hall. I recommend ASUS RT-AC68U to anyone who wants a superior wireless connection- despite the costs, it's well worth it.

3218574522.png

tumblr_mwhdl80Uz81qgzh68o1_400.gif

:clap: harder, better, faster, stronger ^_^  

• 5 months later...

Recently got the 200mbps fibre form Singtel and GOD ..WIFI experience have been horrible.

Laptop kept next to router and checked ..the download and upload was between 10-15 mbps .

When contacted singtel , after a 1 hr discussion it was agreed to send a technician .

Technician came and ran the test against his laptop . It was showing 35-40 and immediately he jumped to conclusion ALL IS WORKING FINE , your laptop is the issue .

Further he suggested to buy some external GOOD routers so that I can get good wifi and gave a big list of charges if SIntel want to help in installing a WIFI booster or run the line into rooms which was pretty EXPENSIVE  .

Recently got a new laptop with ultra latest specs and checked on the speed and its still the same pathetic speed .

Iphones and ipads are completely using 3G now as the WIFI doesn't come more than 4-5 metres .

Thought of buying ASUS RT-AC68U but after paying 70$ a month why again to buy a device .

Honestly I have having a cable broadband with 12mbps from another vendor for the last 4 years and had a very good experience . No issues with my laptop, desktop , phones and pads .

Thinking FIBER would help in good speeds , switched but now I regret a lot for it .

Calling Singtel again now .

Any  other suggestions ?

Any  other suggestions ?

Did they provide you with their latest dual-band modem?

Guest Guest

Yes ..5g and 2.4g ..and the explanation given :

use 5g if your device(laptop/phones) is close to router and use 2.4 if your devices are far away .

I work from a room ( next to the hall )  ie., connect to my office so I use 2.4 and as said above the signal is too bad .

Funny part is my wife and kids are scolding me to the core as the phones and tabs have to be brought to the hall where the router is available to use the wireless .

I used a popular cablevision provider for cable tv and internet for more than 10years.... no problem at all! Then last year, saw all the avertisement by singtel boasting that they hv the fastest speed etc etc so signed up the fibre internet service. Boy.... have I been regretting since.... problems from day 1 until now. Poor connections, drop offs by itself, etc etc... slow slow slow connection always.

Let my experience be a warning to others... I am a zillion percent sure that once my singtel contract is up, I am switching back... even if they give me90pct discount it is just not worth the frustration. And mind u.... I was only subscribing 12mbps with the previous one and already so much better than my current 500mbps fibre.. yes.... this is my real experience.

So dont let all the sales chart etc get u to signing that contract.... like what happened to me. Cant wait for the day to switch.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest boys-pleasure

When we first the fibre broadband almost to years ago, the connections were always so bad! Now our Internet works perfectly haha I'm not sure why though...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.