Male HQ

Who Dressed Her?

doncoin

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/IqDj1mEViqIvBKMBYDKLsw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD00NDk7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2012-09-11T141537Z_739075315_GM1E89B1PJO01_RTRMADP_3_BRITAIN-ROYALS-SINGAPORE.JPG

I just saw the coverage of the royal visit and what stood out for me was how badly dressed Mdm. Ho Ching was.

I don't even know where to begin.

First of all, shiny green fabrics are not your friend. They photograph badly.

The pale green blouse is not complimenting her skin tone. In fact, she looks almost washed out and could disappear into the surrounding.

Make up and hair... do something about it.

Whatever she is wearing is neither a business suit ensemble nor vaguely a national costume. At least the former Mrs. Lee Kwan Yew used to be dressed in nice cheongsams. I hate to say this, picture her pants as black, and the blouse as some navy blue, she could pass as some amah from the old days.

I wish Mdm Ho would take some pride in her appearance and while the media attention will be on William and Kate, nonetheless, when a friend of mine asked me who is that lady in green, I sheepishly said that i think it is the PM's house staff. I was embarassed to admit that she is the PM's wife.

I know she is a smart woman and I believe she can do a lot better in her appearance, if she is going to be photographed in the media.

Edited by chelseasian

Love. 

I totally agree with you.

To be fair to her wardrobe mistress, Ms Ho isnt your standard beauty.

She looks like a man, like a block of wood (she looks BIGGEr than LHL)!

I would like to see her in lighter shades of mild pink, rose wine.

She should be a PANTS lady - where a simple blouse like a white blouse with orchid motifs on it.

This green ensemble is TERRIBLE.

Now the hair... she should thin it considerably and let it be a longer length.

It would give her a softer look.

She reminds me of Chinese Restaurant waitesses.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

She looks like a hotel room cleaner.

She has problem dressing modern style?

With reference to the pic posted earlier & ur comments, would be fun to see Ho's expression when Kate looked at her & asked for a towel to freshen up......

I hope she won't take it out from her armpit area.....hahaha

Kate:" Hi. Can we have a towel to freshen up?

Guest Centrino

Seriously, would HC look good in any other garment you gave her????

I tried imagining her in Kate's dress...CMI

I tried picturing her in Sarong Kebaya...CMI too

I imagined her in 红头巾 garb...ah...that's more like it....

You guys are getting your tail feathers all ruffled for nothing.

If H.C. feels confident and happy wearing her signature fashion in those colours, and her hubby (the PM) delights in her appearance.... I say, leave them be.

In fact, I think she has a wicked sense of humour... by trying to piss off all the fashion consultants with her own brand of oriental dressing.... I bet she has a real good laugh when her fashion stylist faints on seeing what she wears for special occasions.

Of course, we may cringe at her oddball dressing.... but then again, that is H.C..... she doesn't give a damn what others think, because she is a very powerful woman with a PM for a hubby... top that! lol :clap:

ermm... has any fashion mag dared to criticize her dressing?.... nope!

Cheers ;)

Of course, we may cringe at her oddball dressing.... but then again, that is H.C..... she doesn't give a damn what others think, because she is a very powerful woman with a PM for a hubby... top that! lol :clap:

ermm... has any fashion mag dared to criticize her dressing?.... nope!

Cheers ;)

Any magazine that dare criticise her will have their publishing license revoke. It is Singapore. In fact I am surprise no one has come forward to proclai her as fashion forward and innovative. She may single handedly be responsible for bringing back Ah Mah chic in the months to come.

Love. 

Oh come on people, give HC a break. At least we know she is her own style icon at public events and official visits. I cant help but sing my praises for Alexander Mcqueen's design. The white get up which Kate wore during her visit to the gardens by the bay was truly resplendent, and is flattering for her svelte figure.

The Raouul dress that she wore to rainbow centre pales in comparison.

It will be interesting to do a fashion feature on royalties and dignitries. The following are good candidates to feature:

• Kate Middleton
  • Ms Aung Sun Su Kii
  • Mrs Michelle Obama
  • Ms Carla Bruni
  • Mrs Hillary Clinton
  • Princess Madeline of Sweden
  • Princess Masako

Edited by skin2skin

• Guest locked this topic