Male HQ

Will You Support Gay Owned Businesses?

TTS

Just out of curiosity and digging BWers thoughts. If there are two businesses, situated door to door, doing the same trade, same items, services etc. One is operated by a gay owner. The other is operated by a gay basher, who happened to be one of Cleo's Top 50 Bachelor. Hmm... Who will you support?

Procrastination... The biggest mental vacation one can have.

well, your question deserves an obvious answer; I would support the gay owner.\

Initially I thought your question was gay vs normal and in that case, I will be impartial and look through what the company has to offer to me as a customer and how efficient they are in their products. The sexuality of the owner is REDUNDANT.

Then again, your question is more about gay vs gay hater, in which case i would rather go for the gay guy, not because he is gay, but because the only other choice that I have is a person who discriminates others and that's definitely a business no-no that isn't professional.

58c8af435f3b0_bwbanner.jpg.add74f89662a08c064062b974efe1ce7.jpg

I draw sexy men, visit http://www.toastwire.tumblr.com click on 'My Artworks'. Willing to take on comissions

Well that depends, if we're deciding simply based on the attitude of the owner with regards to lgbt issues then of course I'll chose the one that supports it lah.

That said, things that I expect as a consumer still applies. Doesn't mean you're gay means I'll accept substandard goods/service from you. Consumer before gays, yo.

http://m.insing.com/food-drink/feature/telok-ayer-hits-new-caffeine-high/id-201c3f00

This is a true story that I'd learnt lately. By the choice of naming, it's obvious which cafe is owned by homosexuals and lesbian. Though the business is never targeted exclusively for the pink community, their sexuality had been used to trash against them.

The independent review above is a testament that they do not deliver sub-standard products. In fact, in the coffee fight, it's obviously named that they deliver the most satisfying Cuppa.

The other partners at the Muffin place used to be in PR. So they pulled ropes and made their junior partner, one

It is very subjective to pick based on identity. We are discriminating the straight people if we choose the gay owner. End of the day, if the gay owner's attitude sucks and treated his gay customer badly, than he is no different from the owner who is a gay hater.

Generally speaking, if the seller is gay hater you will know immediately the moment you walked into his or her store. He won't be that nice to you. I have also seen a gay hater seller who told me that I cannot afford to buy her item and warned me not to touch it or I have to pay if I break her goods. There was also another gay seller who looked at me up-down as if I am not a valued client. When a presumed well-dressed wealthy customer came along, his eyes were glued and he can't wait to kick me aside and served his other rich prey. So as a customer, I don't care if the seller is gay or straight, there are black sheeps in every kind of life and I only valued those who value me. End of the story.

Outing? I'm certain the gay owner do not give a damn. He's not closeted. Outing bashers, it may be my first...

Just using the shops as a metaphor. Asking which will you...

• 8 months later...

Everyone has offered valid points. Personally I would gauge them in terms of how I feel as a customer when I step into their shop, their services towards me, the pricing of their products, etc. If both offer about the same, then I will go with the one that I am most comfortable with as a customer. The owner's sexuality and/or personal agenda should never be brought into the forefront unless he does something that obviously showcases it. At the end of the day the owners should be thinking of their own business and profits rather than pushing their personal agendas.

Guest daddy

I don't discriminate between gay, or straight, or religion, or race. I will support the one who provides the BEST value for my hard earned money. What about you??

Guest 50+yo Fit Uncle

Of course this type of question assumes everything else being almost equal.

Otherwise everybody brings in his own variables then this question is totally meaningless unless it is about supporting patriotism or world peace LOL

• Guest locked this topic