Male HQ

Hk Tycoon Offers $80M To Marry Off Gay Daughter

Guest Guest

HONG KONG (AFP) - A Hong Kong tycoon has offered a US$65 million (S$80 million) "marriage bounty" to any man who can win the heart of his lesbian daughter, a report said on Wednesday.

Mr Cecil Chao announced the financial reward of HK$500 million (S$80 million) after his daughter, Gigi, married her same-sex partner of seven years in France earlier this year, the South China Morning Post reported.

"I don't mind whether he is rich or poor. The important thing is that he is generous and kind hearted," 76-year-old Mr Chao was quoted as saying. "Gigi is a very good woman with both talents and looks. She is devoted to her parents, is generous and does volunteer work."

He also rejected "false reports" that Gigi, 33, had married abroad, saying she was still single.

Mr Chao, who owns publicly-listed property developer Cheuk Nang, could not be reached for comment.

Same-sex marriages are not recognised in Hong Kong, a socially conservative Chinese city where homosexuality was decriminalised in 1991.

Mr Chao is well known in Hong Kong's social circles and regularly appears at public events with his latest young girlfriend.

He reportedly once claimed to have had intimate relations with 10,000 women.

Gigi Chao (right), daughter of flamboyant tycoon Cecil, is reported to have married Sean Yeung (left) in France. -- PHOTO: APPLE DAILY PUBLICATION

DERD1e.jpg

HK tycoon offers $80m to marry off gay daughter

Gigi Chao (right), daughter of flamboyant tycoon Cecil, is reported to have married Sean Yeung (left) in France. -- PHOTO: APPLE DAILY PUBLICATION

DERD1e.jpg

HONG KONG (AFP) - A Hong Kong tycoon has offered a US$65 million (S$80 million) "marriage bounty" to any man who can win the heart of his lesbian daughter, a report said on Wednesday.

Mr Cecil Chao announced the financial reward of HK$500 million (S$80 million) after his daughter, Gigi, married her same-sex partner of seven years in France earlier this year, the South China Morning Post reported.

"I don't mind whether he is rich or poor. The important thing is that he is generous and kind hearted," 76-year-old Mr Chao was quoted as saying. "Gigi is a very good woman with both talents and looks. She is devoted to her parents, is generous and does volunteer work."

He also rejected "false reports" that Gigi, 33, had married abroad, saying she was still single.

Mr Chao, who owns publicly-listed property developer Cheuk Nang, could not be reached for comment.

Same-sex marriages are not recognised in Hong Kong, a socially conservative Chinese city where homosexuality was decriminalised in 1991.

Mr Chao is well known in Hong Kong's social circles and regularly appears at public events with his latest young girlfriend.

He reportedly once claimed to have had intimate relations with 10,000 women.

Guest eskeptics

Really? He had sex with 10000 women? That's like sex everyday with a different women for 27 years straight without a single day off!

well, to have sex doesn´t implies penetration, nor with your penis

Really? He had sex with 10000 women? That's like sex everyday with a different women for 27 years straight without a single day off!

If he did it orgy style, maybe he can reduce that time to 10 years or so.

Google his images and found him quite plain looking when young with that high recessed hair line.

He probably knows he is only popular because of his money and not his looks so he took revenge with women the only way he knows how.

Hmmm, im confused. Why the daughter look like a guy? If the daughter is gay, why get married to a guy in the picture? she is a trans?

I think is cuz she wears clothing that resembles office wear that usually only man wear.

Apparently one of the guy suitor happens to be gay too.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE88Q16120120927?irpc=932

https://merlinsfolio.wordpress.com/

https://medium.com/@merlincheng
"On the Internet, no one knows you are a cat."

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE88Q16120120927?irpc=932

From the news:

"I wasn't angry at all. I was really quite touched, very touched and very ... how should I say? moved, by Daddy's announcement," said the 33-year-old.

"I mean, it's really his way of saying 'baby girl, I love you. You deserve more,' basically," added Chau who works as an executive director in the family firm Cheuk Nang Holdings.

Interesting interpretation. BTW I do note that lesb passives do like this kind of butch presentation.

Edited by lct

• Guest locked this topic