Male HQ

Awkward Conversations

Guest TheTalker

Guest TheTalker

What is more awkward than talking to a guy but all you feel is that you are talking alone? How to attract someone's else attention when nothing works. Tried to talk about common interest and everything I can think of but i just remembered that there are wordless people. More like a cousin of a mute guy.

Emotionless, wordless and speechless people are so awkward to talk to. But when you are interested in someone. How can you break the ice and make that person talk to you?

If there isn't a mutual connection, why bother? Even then, if you're the one putting in all the effort while the other person doesn't even make an attempt to meet you half way, then you're just fighting a losing battle.

Sometimes we just need to admit to ourselves that he's just not that into you.

What is more awkward than talking to a guy but all you feel is that you are talking alone? How to attract someone's else attention when nothing works. Tried to talk about common interest and everything I can think of but i just remembered that there are wordless people. More like a cousin of a mute guy.

Emotionless, wordless and speechless people are so awkward to talk to. But when you are interested in someone. How can you break the ice and make that person talk to you?

Some ppl are born like that. They are either very guarded or very boring. I know of ppl who have a single word for every question.

Some of them are not bad looking but even Auntie Oprah gave up on them. Move on.

P.S: you should twitter Lady Gaga & seek her advice.

Mnay a times,in the MRT, I noticed that some people (mainly women especially aunties) talks to another fellow auntie; or auntie to the husband; but the there is literally no eye-contact. The auntie talked and talked on, while the fellow auntie/husband wasn't even keen in listening. I guess this is how people in Spore are being brought up, not to understand the sensitivity of humanity - such as reading body language; or detect different levels of interest. The best part is that suddenly her fren, the other auntie, started talking and she now begin disinterested. Throughout the conversation, there were never any eye contact, and it seems both aunties just want to exercise their mouths, but no neither parties want to listen to each other.

Is Singaporeans moving this direction?

Hmm, usually people are either on guard or simply have no interest

You can't really do anything if it's the latter, imo

But if he's merely on guard, it shouldnt be too difficult. Don't get too overfriendly and enthusiastic by spamming various topics at one go, instead just keep the pace of the conversation slow. Then keep the focus of the conversation balanced between you and him (not all about you/him the whole time). Avoid prying too much into his privacy though, and avoid asking questions that require deep thought. (It's not GP. NOT GP.)

People generally tend to talk about themselves and their passions more, and like it when others give positive acknowledgement while they're talking. You should observe him more before making many attempts at a conversation. Sarcasm and mockery (aka guailan) can be used to lighten the mood and conversation (although you have to use it with caution, people who don't know you well might get offended if you get carried away)

But he should make an attempt at making a conversation, if he doesn't start one at all.. then.. then.... I DON'T REALLY LIKE PEOPLE LIKE THAT /OMG. Are you sure you really want to date someone like that?

Hahahahaa i said until like i so zai but im not a great conversationalist myself -_- but I read these in a book a long long time ago. :P

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all"

hahaha flirting IS the key! you dont even have to speak, flirt with ur eyes. it always works.

let me give u an example:

the guy i feel quite attracted to doesnt seem quite interested in me. instead he keep talking to my other guy friend. i got bored and stood up. i just keep doing my own stuffs and act all natural. when he was leaving, the golden moment/instance when both his and my eyes come into contact, i quicky gave him a flirty eyes *look into his eyes quickly glance down at the lower part of his body with ur eyelid half closed (rmbr to give just a slight smile) * then i walked away. and i notice him keep looking back at me when he was walking out. to my surprise, he was waiting for me outside when i left too.

of cos u have to be a little confident when doing that. i cant do this on super hot guys, cos i get all nervous and my face muscles cant work properly haha! now go on flirting with ur eyes! :D :D :D

• Guest locked this topic