Male HQ

Windows 8

Am currently on windows 8.

Switching between metro-ui and the traditional desktop is seamless and really fast.

I upgraded wondering if it would be an overhaul of the traditional windows experience but so far it's been great. All the shortcut keys are still around and so are my existing windows applications.

The new metro-ui and it's appstore has a good number of useful apps, it's a great concept even on the desktop (doesn't help that it makes me feel like i'm on a tablet everytime though) but it feels trivial and look like it was designed for touch; time for a monitor change soon? touch-enabled monitor + dual screen LCD = pwn. Notably, it has only 10,000 apps currently compared to the 700,000 apps each offered by Apple and Google Play Store. Factor to consider if one were to purchase a surface tablet in the coming days.

http://thenextweb.co...pp-development/

Join the official BW Telegram Group Chat: https://bit.ly/frmbw

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Guest

I wonder how much will it cost for win8 pro. Thinking of getting a copy for my mbp bootcamp. But I heard pple talk about rt version and pro ver. What is the difference? Also where to buy a copy? I don't seems to see it on the shelf like we what we use to see for win7.

Guest Flustrated on MS Ac

Hey guys,

I have installed windows 8 pro on my mbp. After I setup the windows 8, they ask me to login with my Microsoft account which is also my previous windows live msn account.

The prob is that the email address I used to setup this MS Account is the same as my current gmail account. After I signed in, it will sync all my msn contacts to the people tile. But I want to sync my Gmail contacts and calendar instead of MSN. When I setup my google account. when I checked on the selection of contacts and calendar, it will prompt me that my password is wrong. Once I uncheck it, it will be ok.

Any help?

Google removed Exchange Activesync syncing on their free Google accounts after March, so you can't sync via the method stated above.

Alternative CalDAV (Calendar) and CardDAV (Contacts) sync is coming in Windows 8.1, but right now, your only method is to export your contacts and calendar manually from Google and import them into Hotmail/Outlook.com.

If you're adventurous and have bought Office 2013, there are work-arounds to mail/contacts/calendar sync for Outlook 2013 desktop.

More info here...

Hope that helps.

can I transfer preinstalled M office 2013from existing pc to another pc ? if yes, how to do it with thanks.

what if ms office one month trial over and dun intend to purchase - what type of software can I download for excel 2013 for window 8.

Guest Guest

Google removed Exchange Activesync syncing on their free Google accounts after March, so you can't sync via the method stated above.

Alternative CalDAV (Calendar) and CardDAV (Contacts) sync is coming in Windows 8.1, but right now, your only method is to export your contacts and calendar manually from Google and import them into Hotmail/Outlook.com.

If you're adventurous and have bought Office 2013, there are work-arounds to mail/contacts/calendar sync for Outlook 2013 desktop.

More info here...

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

Well if based on what you have said then windows 8 is seriously failed in the basic aspect. MS created a wonderful mail/contacts/calendar apps that comes with the OS yet we can't use it totally. Sigh!!! 

From what you say, is that windows 8.1, we will be able to sync it again rite?

But what about companies who do not have their own server. We subscribe thru a email hosting, and I do not have any problem connecting it using outlooks whatever version. But the mail apps in windows 8, keep telling me that they cannot find the server. Sigh!!!

I am so looking forward to this but.....

Mountain Lion on the other hand, given user a mail/contacts/calendar apps. By far, no issue. Same setup details and we can use it out of the box. Sigh!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have intention to get a ACER Iconia W3 8" tablet with Windows 8 but it only has 2GB RAM and 32GB eMMC, will it be sufficient when it upgrades to WIndows 8.1 and to install more programs ???  :huh:  how about it allows to install other windows program/games from our PC ???  :huh: 

Anyone helps appreciated, thank you. ^_^

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.