Male HQ

Wish List To End Singaporean"s Suffering

Guest ILoveSG

So how do you think young parents in the US, UK, Australia or any other western country get by without an underpaid maid? They too have young kids and old parents to take care of. It's called real hard work!

Welcome to the real world kid !

western worlds are vastly different from us. It seems like you have been taken in by subtle suggestions and has already form judgement and bias on us. Thus you are unable to provide feedback on netural standing. Do be reminded that this is orient u are living in,you can't and shouldn't impose your lands values and perceptions on us it is culturally consider offensive and rude. A classic mistake many westerner make in the eastern lands. Pls take heed. Cheers.

So how do you think young parents in the US, UK, Australia or any other western country get by without an underpaid maid? They too have young kids and old parents to take care of. It's called real hard work!

Welcome to the real world kid !

In this real world, the disposable income of the people in the US, UK, and Australia or any other western country is so much higher than any Singaporean, and the wives may not even need to work and just stay home to look after children. And even if the wives are working, the work-life balance of the couple should be sufficient to take care of the children as well.

I have no clue what do you mean by saying these guys are doing "real hard work". You mean we are doing "fake hard work"? Which "real world" have you been living in? And who are you calling "kid"?

In this real world, the disposable income of the people in the US, UK, and Australia or any other western country is so much higher than any Singaporean, and the wives may not even need to work and just stay home to look after children. And even if the wives are working, the work-life balance of the couple should be sufficient to take care of the children as well.

I have no clue what do you mean by saying these guys are doing "real hard work". You mean we are doing "fake hard work"? Which "real world" have you been living in? And who are you calling "kid"?

Disposable income more? Where you get that from?

Exactly why

1. Their kids turned out as brats

2. There are also many stay at home mums in Singapore, but our pursuit of wealth is more important

3. Its the values and how you raise them, you can be busy but still raise up ur kids fine, in the 1960s really poor families do not require their wives tow work but also their kids.. and now we are complaining.

4. Income high and disposable income high? Is that why they are shit deep in debt? Each American is estimated to have more debts than they can earn in their lives.. a totally negative asset value. In Singapore ours is lower because we refuse to take unsustainable debt.

Exactly why

2. There are also many stay at home mums in Singapore, but our pursuit of wealth is more important

3. Its the values and how you raise them, you can be busy but still raise up ur kids fine, in the 1960s really poor families do not require their wives tow work but also their kids.. and now we are complaining.

4. Income high and disposable income high? Is that why they are shit deep in debt? Each American is estimated to have more debts than they can earn in their lives.. a totally negative asset value. In Singapore ours is lower because we refuse to take unsustainable debt.

Live a bit longer and you will know where I get that from. And it is funny to hear you talk about the 1960s. Guess what,? You weren't born in that era to know why people weren't complaining then. And furthermore, in case you are unaware, the year is 2013 now, and we are nowhere near the 1960s anymore. Go check out what is disposable income before you go tell others that "Each American is estimated to have more debts than they can earn in their lives.". Don't load bullshxt in front of your seniors here.

Exactly why

Looking at the way u communicate with other people, u are obviously being raised as a brat, and u are showing all these bad behaviours even though u are no longer a kid.

Some of this supporters seem to be using subtle suggestions to brainwash people. Flood =ponding Country =city state Concern on open gate issue=xenophobic And always like to use the past to compare and answer pressent day issues. If you can recognise the signs/pattern of subtle suggestions you will find it everywhere. Be wary readers don't underestimate the power of subtle suggestions on one mind n outlook.

Some of this supporters seem to be using subtle suggestions to brainwash people. Flood =ponding Country =city state Concern on open gate issue=xenophobic. And always like to use the past to compare and answer present day issues.

Of course compare with past lah. How you compare to issues from the future?

Looking at the way u communicate with other people, u are obviously being raised as a brat, and u are showing all these bad behaviours even though u are no longer a kid.

this joshboy is definitely still a kid.

As you all know, we singaporeans are suffering to the point of breaking down. Situation now has became so bad and our living standards, way of life is now no different to slaves. There is no difference living in singapore compared to those places in Africa. Judging from various comments from other readers here, am I not right. There are solutions to make us better, these are my plans for singapore and I hope you guys give your productive comments.

1-limit foreigners working in singapore to 100 000, including foreign maids, professionals, waiters, cooks. This will greatly reduce the number of people in sg.

2- limit Tourist arrivals to 2million a year. Imagine last year we had 11 million! No wonder sg felt so cramp, mrt so crowded. To solve the problem of less crowded transport system n dependency on foreign workers, we must limit the number of people entering singapore. Before I get critisize, all those money earned goes to companies, not distributed to us.

3-set a min salary pay scale by law. Entry level pay scale, >O levels $2000, O levels f $2.5k, A level f $3k, diploma f $3.5 k, degree f $4 k. Part timers min hourly rate from $10 per hr.

4-Singaporeans must be hired first, if a Singaporeans wants the job held by a foreigner, that ft must be ask to leave n make way for us citizens.

5- we contribute NO cpf, instead have a policy where employers pay 50% of our salary to our fund.

6- no gst

7-no tax for those earning less than $50k a year, limit personal tax to 5%. No property tax or bother cleverly hidden tax

8- retirement age set at 55. Pension to be given at 3/4 of average salary for life

9- medical cost limit to $1000 incl cancer treatment etc max, best treatment must be given for citizens, healthcare must be most impt as we worked hard for the country. Free at polyclinics and pvt hospitals must be charging same rate. Private go to bill govt for our treatment n we pay a nominal fee of $5 incl of meds.

10- hdb to be sold at flat rate 3 rm at 20k, 4 rm at 30k, 5 rm at 40k. Resale flats be priced 5% higher. Housing is not a profit but for living. Limit pvt housing to 1000 units a year, price cap at $200k. No speculation allowed.

11- banks must pay min interest of 5% a year for deposits.

12- public transport must be cap at $0.50 per ride.

13- food cost be controlled, by law, hawkers must charge no more than $2 per bowl of food. Shopping centers gd court $3 and so on. Fine dining bill must be capped.

14- child are leave of 9months paid for moms n dads after birth of child, after birth 2 months addition per year till child turns 12.

15- free child care up to 12 hrs a day

16- free education till sec sch, uni must be made for all who wants to study. Price be cap at $1000 per year.

Other suggestions n up for serious discussion.

Is this some kind of a joke? Because if not, this just shows a very good example of a person who 'have been educated far beyond their capacity to undertake analytical thought'.

Is this some kind of a joke? Because if not, this just shows a very good example of a person who 'have been educated far beyond their capacity to undertake analytical thought'.

Precisely, which country in this world is exactly like wat TS had described? Where? Lalaland? Wake up lah!! Cannot believe I'm reading such rubbish on BW, luckily there are some smarter ones from our community, Alex Au, Vincent, and M Ravi. Just goes to show in any kinda community, there are all sorts of ppl.

That wish list is set up by a troll lah. Ts ilovesg first appear on the 6.9m thread weeks ago bashing opposition supporters and people with alternate views. His comments over there were subsquently erase by the mods. He then start this wish list thread to stir shit I believe.

The thread may have started really stupidly, but the comments that came subsequently started making sense and reflects real life as it is, e.g.

yes, i do agree those countries have better work life balance, family and frens above work..

try singapore.. even after working hrs.. fone call comes in, if it is work related..most prolly you will try to get it done.. even it is after working hours.

Precisely, which country in this world is exactly like wat TS had described? Where? Lalaland? Wake up lah!! Cannot believe I'm reading such rubbish on BW, luckily there are some smarter ones from our community, Alex Au, Vincent, and M Ravi. Just goes to show in any kinda community, there are all sorts of ppl.

really won't say those clowns are smart..

Live a bit longer and you will know where I get that from. And it is funny to hear you talk about the 1960s. Guess what,? You weren't born in that era to know why people weren't complaining then. And furthermore, in case you are unaware, the year is 2013 now, and we are nowhere near the 1960s anymore. Go check out what is disposable income before you go tell others that "Each American is estimated to have more debts than they can earn in their lives.". Don't load bullshxt in front of your seniors here.

please go google, and learn how to spell

maybe they should ban all the guest accounts who come in and spout crap and nonsense.

please go google, and learn how to spell

maybe they should ban all the guest accounts who come in and spout crap and nonsense.

You learn your spelling from Google?? Didn't you go to school at all? Or are you really so fugly that school kids think you are a son of a bitch? Perhaps nobody can talk to you, since you only bark? It is so much fun seeing all the kiddos like you getting all wired up with different guests ticking you off. Hahahaha!

They should ban users like u with stinky mouth coming here and barking around & offending people. And for your info, guest does not even need account to post, u stupid pig head.

You learn your spelling from Google?? Didn't you go to school at all? Or are you really so fugly that school kids think you are a son of a bitch? Perhaps nobody can talk to you, since you only bark? It is so much fun seeing all the kiddos like you getting all wired up with different guests ticking you off. Hahahaha!

obviously your English is not so strong, I pity the uneducated

please go google, AND learn how to spell

Not learn how to spell WITH google.. geez obviously you are not educated in Singapore

They should ban users like u with stinky mouth coming here and barking around & offending people. And for your info, guest does not even need account to post, u stupid pig head.

uh duhzzzz omg u r more dense then i thought.. Did your mamma see you so ugly she put ur head underneath a steamroller when you were young to make you look better.. and in the process squashed your brains out?

"Strong" is not used to describe language skills. "Proficient" and "fluent" are more appropriate adjectives.

See who is the one who does not have "strong" Engrish, uneducated and deserves pity. Who should be the one who should go google and improve his Engrish skills?

obviously your English is not so strong, I pity the uneducated

please go google, AND learn how to spell

Not learn how to spell WITH google.. geez obviously you are not educated in Singapore

Did your mamma see you so ugly she put ur head underneath a steamroller when you were young to make you look better.. and in the process squashed your brains out?

Educated people talk like this? I thought we were taught civic education in singapore since young? Obviously u have not benefited much from our civic education here.

Guest Theawfulfamillee

Let me share you a true account and it is still happening.

SIA is a full private company (nothing to do with Government) and it is our national carrier.

However, SIA is one god-darn bloody arse-hole, hiring foreigners to fly. Priority given to foreigners! Believe me or not, is up to you.

More than 50% of SIA and Silkair pilots are non-Singaporeans! WOW! :clap: At one-time, SIA acted "ya-ya" that they went to India (not once) many times to do Cadet Pilots recruitment from India. Lots of poor RSAF pilots and local Uni grads did not make it into SIA! Amazing isn't it?! WOW! :clap:

1. Airline Pilots Association of Singapore (ALPA-S) long has given stern warning to SIA.

2. RSAF and SIA guys knew foreigners took their piloting jobs. It is not RSAF pilots not capable, it is CAAS make it extremely tough for RSAF pilots to convert Civilian license. CAAS is the only aviation authority in the whole world make it tough and super strict for their local citizens.

However, many wrote in to Prime Minister LHL and Ministry of Manpower BG Tan Chuan-Jin, and their reply was, they cannot interfere because SIA is privatised.

Anyway, PM and BG-Tan have more things to do, than disturbing the entire national carrier fleet operation. PM and BG-Tan both are unable to do anything about it.

First airline in the whole world doing wonderful foreign pilot recruitment!

Singapore Gov't wants to be number 1 in the whole world, giving free PR and Citizenship like water! Foreigners will still continue to come, get PR and obtain Citizenship eventually.

You'll be surprised that the old man threw out a Malaysian PR for fighting for the unions rights of the Singapore pilots.

Talking about non interference in privatised companies is another way of saying get lost and don't waste my time.

Guest So full of slnit

Actually your wish list will destroy and make many Singaporeans suffer.

Yes indeed, many whose fathers, mothers and relatives are enjoying the connections and privileges for a luxurious life given out by the big bad party will be suffering.

If you are an offspring of the self coined elites, then it's time to pack your bags. The majority of the people in the country has had enough of the likes of you.

Guest Another Pai Kar Jai

OMG seriously, Fuck you understand. There's one thing for sure that proves you're a TRUE blood singaporean. You complain too much, and all you've been shouting is about how WE seem to be suffering. Please don't say i'm "pro-PAP" or a foreigner. I'm 100% FUCKING Singaporean, and i don't support ANY specific party. As you said, we're all unsatisfied with the rising food cost, transport cost, living expenditure and fucked up transport system. But get this right, be realistic. Yes, the govt is fucking rich but do you really want them to support you for so long? You're straining govt budget, dampening us the opportunity to use those bloody hell money to do something regarding your problems, and as a result, we revert back to your "3rd-world country" You like that don't you?

Want this free, want that free, have you actually think about where those funds come from in the first place?

Yes, SG system is f.up sometimes, but seriously, you really want to compare to other countries who has WORSE transport, bloody expensive housing that you can't afford even a single room flat, high cost of food? I don't think so.

So stop acting like a kid and complaining so much. You think we're happy about the fuck ups in SG? No we're not. We learn to be satisfied with what we bloody hell have already. So grow up..

If you're so unsatisfied, simple. MIGRATE out of Singapore. I'm sure other countries will welcome you and i'm sure SG won't lose out by letting go of a kid that doesn't think before speaking.

My, you sound like a cousin of Wee Shumin

uh duhzzzz omg u r more dense then i thought.. Did your mamma see you so ugly she put ur head underneath a steamroller when you were young to make you look better.. and in the process squashed your brains out?

(Guilty of this myself) I think people who hide behind the shield of annoynimity (or worse, a non existent account) should not be taken too seriously. I'm with you on this joshboy.

Btw I think strong can be used to describe language proficiency. I'm no grammar nazi though :D

(Guilty of this myself) I think people who hide behind the shield of annoynimity (or worse, a non existent account) should not be taken too seriously. I'm with you on this joshboy.

Btw I think strong can be used to describe language proficiency. I'm no grammar nazi though :D

SHIELD OF ANNOYnimity..

WAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes you use a shield like captain Amerisalah

and you Annoy the hell out of me with ANNOYnimity..

uneducated old blokes...

SHIELD OF ANNOYnimity..

WAHAHAHAHAHA

uneducated old blokes...

Oooooo.... That's rich coming from someone who can use terms such as Renter and RentEE...... WAHAHAHAHAHA...

Uneducated brat.....

Don't know what sort of engrish is this, my goodness, renter and rentee. So top and bottom is what? Penetrator and penetratee is it?

So high networth and so highly educated but yet so low standard english, very difficult to reconcile the mismatch and very difficult to find someone with such a combination

SHIELD OF ANNOYnimity..

WAHAHAHAHAHA

uneducated old blokes...

Dear youngdoctor, so much for being with the bitch against the guests now. Pat a mad bitch on its head and you will only be bitten and termed "uneducated old blokes". Lol!

Dear youngdoctor, so much for being with the bitch against the guests now. Pat a mad bitch on its head and you will only be bitten and termed "uneducated old blokes". Lol!

uneducated blokes will remain as such.. yes. ANNOYNIMITY is right, cause im annoyed

not to mention poor

now the above is .. its true our government's education has FAILED with all these uneducated pple ard. Our economy has failed because all these pple are dirt poor and have no money..

PLS GOVERNMENT! STOP THEIR SUFFERING!

SHIELD OF ANNOYnimity..

WAHAHAHAHAHA

uneducated old blokes...

uneducated blokes will remain as such.. yes. ANNOYNIMITY is right, cause im annoyed

not to mention poor

now the above is .. its true our government's education has FAILED with all these uneducated pple ard. Our economy has failed because all these pple are dirt poor and have no money..

Dear youngdoctor, I hope this will teach you not to speak up for Joshboy in the future. The mad bitch will bite you again, AND AGAIN, even after a lapse of 6 days.

Aiya, Read Joshboy's original text more carefully again lah.  Although he quoted youngdoctor's words, he was merely using his text regarding anonymity.  He was not attacking youngdoctor.  Joshboy was saying that anonymous trolls use Guest as a shield, acting like Captain America, and then go around trolling others.  Youngdoctor is a nick, so it is not anonymous.  

Please attack the reasoning of anyone you disagree with rather than endlessly ridiculing and hurling personal insults.  If you think a person's opinion is flawed because of his age or inexperience, then use your arguments to guide him.  Trolling is irritating and depreciates the quality of the thread.  Spending more time to convince a person is better than bashing him to no end.  Some of Joshboy's comments may seem disagreeable but others do make sense.  So give the devil his due.  Joshboy is still young and may seem blunt at times, so the more patient we should be in interacting with him.  Don't you agree?

And for Joshboy, let me be frank about your posts.  I admire your guts in standing up against those xenophobic trolls in the thread Bashing PRCs.  But you are xieqi fanggang (over-zealous) and you do have knee jerk reactions.  e.g. Abang is not the arsehole you have described.  He is a reasonable guy.  Do not over-react when just a few matue guys are making invalid sweeping statements about younger members.  If they accuse ALL youths of being immature, silly etc. etc., you need not retaliate by cursing each and every mature as old hacks etc., the same insults I have received from those xenophobic trolls.  Because by doing so, you are stepping on the toes of every mature member here, including those who are moderate and well-balanced in their views without any prejudice against younger members.  Abang certainly does not harbour such a prejudice.  He actually advocates live and let live.  It is very time consuming and energy sapping to trade insults with every troll and stalker if their intention is NOT to hear your reasoning but to insult you.  For me, I just put a yawn icon and move on with my surfing.

I know you are fedup with people who complain to no end about govt policy and mature guys prejudiced against youngsters, but I do wish you could tone down a bit in your writing style.  We can write in a non-offensive non-aggressive tone.  ;)

Sorry, but I did not step on your toes.. I didn't attack you personally did I? Scolding a person OLD doesn't mean I'm scolding Everyone.. right? :)

Well, i wouldn't term them "mature" because maturity is a state of mind, they are still childish. I am blunt and I don't think I need to decorate it with flowers for you... you think you are still 4 where I need to sweeten it and soften it with a nice cushion so that your feelings don't get hurt. If you are mature then jolly hell act like one.

Guest Guest

Can we adopt isolation policy like the Japan and America? I saw this somewhere a while ago. Is it feasible? I got a feeling the rich n upper class will be against it to the death. N our current gahmen will never hear of it cos of their ethos and no 1 mentality. Not inciting just curious to know of the pro and con scenarios of this move in term of theory.

Sorry, but I did not step on your toes.. I didn't attack you personally did I? Scolding a person OLD doesn't mean I'm scolding Everyone.. right? :)

Well, i wouldn't term them "mature" because maturity is a state of mind, they are still childish. I am blunt and I don't think I need to decorate it with flowers for you... you think you are still 4 where I need to sweeten it and soften it with a nice cushion so that your feelings don't get hurt. If you are mature then jolly hell act like one.

In all honesty, you're acting like a dick. Not a lot people will say but it's true.

You're like, a rebel without a cause. Unnecessarily rude and obnoxious.

Edited by EasleyLim

Guest Guest

Li Yeming tells the Chinese his Net ordeal

PostDateIcon.png?9d7bd4 March 1st, 2013 | PostAuthorIcon.png?9d7bd4 Author: Contributions

li-yeming2-209x300.jpg?9d7bd4Editor’s note:

A reader tells us that Li Yeming has apparently written an account of the
ordeal he suffered from the Singapore internet mob and sent it to a Chinese
newspaper 《国际先驱导报》for publication. It was published on 28 February.

The reader said, “It’s very surprising that as a Singaporean, Li would write
to a foreign medium to publish his complaints against his fellow
Singaporeans.”

“Is he trying to say that Singaporeans are against outsiders?”

The reader added, “The newspaper is mostly read by the mainland Chinese. What
are his intentions? To get help from outsiders?”

Mr Li may be carrying a Singapore passport but his action says a lot about
where his heart is…

【遭遇“网络暴民”】

没想到春节刚过,我就摊上事了,摊上大事了……

也怪我,春节期间老是忍不住去想新加坡国会辩论人口白皮书的事。白皮书预计新加坡人口在2030年或达到690万。虽然增幅比过去八年来的缓和,但还是增加近150万。在目前公交拥挤、房价攀升已造成民怨的情况下,民众显然难以接受这个“吓人”的数字。

刚好在最近一场补选中大获全胜的工人党,顺理成章高举起民意的大旗,对白皮书坚决反对。工人党秘书长、党魁刘程强,批驳的调门更是高,甚至在国会辩论中指对方议员患上“失忆症”,指行动党的政策是条“不归路”,恫言工人党会“反对到底”。

果然,工人党后来集体投下反对票。理由呢?我注意到,他们没有把焦点放在民众关心的基础设施不足的问题上,反而提出了一个“稀释核心论”。

刘程强在国会发言时,把土生土长的公民与新公民做了区分,指双方在很多方面存在差异,认为新加坡没有“磨合”新移民的条件。这就是工人党所谓新公民将“稀释新加坡人核心”的理论基础了。工人党在投票后还发表文告解释立场,再次强调了这一论调。

从这一论调中,我清晰感受到对新公民的排斥——他们非但把新公民排除在新加坡人核心之外,还把新公民视为对“核心”的稀释。换言之,如果有人愿意入籍新加坡,那不是对新加坡“核心”的加强,而是对“核心”的破坏。在潜台词中,显然已把双方对立起来,初步具备了类似台湾分化本省人与外省人的族群政治的特征。

这令我在过年期间多次陷入沉思,最终决定写文章批评一下,指出问题。希望工人党如他们曾经宣称的那样,不排外、不反移民。在文章中,我做了一些较为强烈的表达:在新加坡反移民,是把这个国家带上一条“不归路”。煽动排外不是爱国。按出生地划分公民,不会加强国民认同与凝聚力。

年初六,我的文章在新加坡《联合早报》刊登。三天后,引来刘程强的激烈回应。他在文章中矢口否认我对他的一些批评,而对我用到“煽动排外”一词他极为不满,认为我是在指控“煽动罪”,令他想起新加坡以前“白色恐怖”的历史。他反指我“想致工人党于死地”。

好家伙!“致工人党于死地”,我是谁啊?至少有三十多年了吧,没听过这样的政治语言了。我立刻对刘议员的文章做出回应。但我也意识到,我的麻烦就要来了。我摊上大事了!

果不其然,网上很快出现对我的攻击和谩骂。在英文的《海峡时报》也报道此事后,网民情绪更为激动,有人甚至传电邮或打电话给目前我正担任一项义务工作的宗乡总会;听说我不在那边办公,有的居然还对工作人员大骂十几分钟才肯放电话。

更令人意想不到的,是一些平时不怎么联络的朋友也突然传电邮给我,问我是否讲过一些话,如“派军队踏平新加坡”等。看了他们传来的网页,发现里面好些话根本不是我说的,却与我的一些话“组装”在一起,极具杀伤力。

难怪网民情绪如此汹涌。朋友建议我报警,毕竟新加坡是个法治社会,不能允许这样的恶行。我也觉得,这些谣言已不是针对我个人了,它将大大破坏新移民的形象,恶化本地人对新移民的态度。所以上周五我去警署报了警。而与刘议员的笔战,也就先告一段落吧。

以上这些事被报纸追踪报道后,朋友们纷纷向我表达慰问。元宵节那天,我受邀在茶渊读书会导读一本新书,出席者相当多。有不少新加坡朋友是特意过来支持我的。其中一位还握着我的手说:那些“网络暴民”绝对是少数。你一定要相信这一点!

2013-02-28,刊于《国际先驱导报》

Also published on Li Yeming’s blog: http://sgwritings.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=68373&extra=page%3D1

Guest Guest

http://www.sgwritings.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=68421

殷吉星:表决重大政策 应解除党督约束力

修订后的《人口白皮书》动议上月8日以77张赞成票对13张反对票及一票弃权在国会通过。在行动党没有暂时解除党督的情况下,行动党议员均投赞成票不令人意外,但在不在场投票的八名议员(谢世儒、殷吉星、英兰妮、李光耀、林双吉、黄永宏、杨康海、陈淑珊)当中,殷吉星的“缺席”最令人关注。

殷吉星受访时虽不愿解释为何缺席,但他十分在意动议通过后所面对的批评声浪,尤其当有人在面簿上误传他投下赞成票时,他第一时间以“我希望你们知道,我没有投票”作出回应。 他说:“很多人批评我没有投反对票。我觉得这是无理的批评。就因为我不投反对票,就认为我说一套、做一套。这是不公平的。我(在国会辩论中)说的都是真心话。 “至于我有没有在场投票,那应另当别论。更何况党督当时没解除,大家应该知道投票的结果会是如何。”

“表决时党督应解除”

谈及党督的约束,殷吉星大胆建议,国会对影响深远的重大政策进行表决时,党督应解除。他说:“我们是否能采取更开放的作风,解除党督呢?这样一来,更多议员也许会加入辩论。有一些议员这次选择不发言,我虽然不知道原因,但也许他们无法接受白皮书,而因最后仍得投赞成票,(因此)不想发言。如果解除党督,我想白皮书动议最终还是会通过,但它的意义就不同了。” 他也指出,如果说行动党议员在表决时受到党督约束,人们也应意识到工人党议员这次的党督也没有解除。“不管是行动党或反对党议员,人民投选我们入国会时也是在投政党,我们必须接受党纪律与规则的约束。工人党(秘书长)刘程强这次也没有解除党督。他可以这么做,但他没有。我想这就是政治。”

避而不谈为何离席不投票

其实,白皮书辩论进入最后阶段,当听到李显龙总理承诺政府将把原本690万的人口数字留到2020年再重新评估时,殷吉星表示基于自己对总理的信任,心中顿时放下一块大石。他有些激动地说:“发表演讲后,我的心仍挣扎着。但当总理承诺政府不坚持(690万的数字)时,大家就轻松多了。动议经过了修正,总理决定改变,而我长时间与总理共事,觉得能够信任他。” 既然相信总理,那为何不投下赞成票呢?殷吉星始终避而不谈。他强调,议员通过国会辩论表明立场,向政府传达信息更为重要。 他指出,当议员16年来,一直都使用这样的方式与政府沟通,也知道政府需要时间改变。而这次,是他当议员16年来首次看到政府立即听了进去,总理马上不再强调690万,并承诺要加强融合与关注认同问题,这证明议员提出反馈是有效的。 “总之,我想说的是,我的演讲加上其他议员的论述,都达到了目标,因为政府说会改变。虽然我觉得更理想的结局是,撤消白皮书,重新拟定政策,但这只是我的看法,政府也许不这么想。”

“我听到社会各阶层的不满”

殷吉星从1996年起就在国会担任人民代议士,他属于宏茂桥集选区,与同样服务该区的李显龙总理合作关系密切。他也被公认为相当“敢言”的资深议员,而若找出殷吉星以往的演讲稿,会发现他这次在白皮书辩论中谈及的身份认同、且暂缓扩充人口等议题,都曾在其他演讲中出现过。 然而,在执政党政府的规划书面对反对党议员与一些非选区议员抨击、政府正寻求在朝议员支持时,殷吉星在白皮书辩论中的直言,不免被视为是与自己的党“打对台”。 要与政府唱反调,其实并非想象中容易。殷吉星说:“执政党内部若有人与政府持不同的看法,尤其在政治层面上与政府站在不同立场,并能扮演领导舆论的角色,将起着一定的作用。这能确保行动党继续做出贡献,掌握好民意的走向。”

“如果反对党能反映民声,我们也能。这角色应由值得被信任的党内人士扮演,但这角色不容易扮演好,也不讨喜。”

殷吉星大学毕业后就加入行动党,而就因为相信党的理念,也相信党能为人民服务,所以至今仍有信心能从党内部寻求改变。“虽然有时会因一些事被骂几句,但不是什么严重的事。我至今仍未遭遇过打击我士气或迫使我停下来的事。”

相关白皮书辩论获积极反馈

对于这次在白皮书辩论中发表的演讲,殷吉星认为,所获得的反馈多是积极的,上至总理,下至普通百姓,大家对他言论的接受度都颇高,李显龙总理与副总理张志贤的反应尤其让他有些讶异。 “我不知道有没有人注意到,但辩论当天,国会休会后,大家站起来,我看到总理与副总理向我拍手示意。” 这时,他起立示范动作,并笑说:“我想他们这么做,可能是因为我也反驳了工人党提出的论点。又或许他们真的赞同我的演讲,为我鼓掌。我不清楚,但我确实感到惊讶。” 殷吉星说,他也收到两名前内阁部长以及一些高级公务员的电邮,他们认同他的看法,认为当务之急是先解决眼前问题。“但这也令我感到害怕,因为我看到不愉快的不只是那些不满行动党的人。我听到了来自社会各阶层人的不满,当中大部分是理智的声音。对于执政的人民行动党来说,这是非常令人担忧的。”

国会辩论素质没因反对党议员增加而提高

担任国会议员十多年的经验中,殷吉星不乏与反对党议员交锋的机会,而他认为,国会中反对党议员的增加虽为辩论注入政治色彩,但辩论素质并没有因此而提高。他以工人党为例指出,之前国会只有工人党秘书长刘程强与主席林瑞莲时,他们更专注于提供具建设性的建议。“但现在(工人党议员)人数增加了,他们辩论的内容也注入政治的元素。很多议员继续大选群众大会上的作风,以攻击对方论点,来赢取政治分。”

“工人党谈的一些东西非常具破坏性”

对于这次白皮书辩论,他形容工人党只是“提出些大概的数字”,“但坦白说,对于具体如何提高的本地劳动力参与、生产力,他们没有新的建议”。对于工人党后来提出的报告书,殷吉星翻阅后的评语是:“这个现在不难做出来,因为只要针对行动党的白皮书不受欢迎的部分来谈就可以。要事后做一份报告其实比较容易。至于部长或行动党议员所没有提到的独特看法,我没有看到。而他们谈的有些东西是非常具破坏性的,比如外来劳动力零增长。”

阿裕尼集选区败选后警钟已响起 “该发生的改变没发生 我感到失望”

殷吉星认为,政府这次推出《人口白皮书》,没有充分与民沟通,而在政策议案于国会推出之前,许多后座议员其实不清楚白皮书的内容,显然人民行动党政府在2011年全国大选输掉一个集选区后并未吸取教训。 他语重心长地说:“我很失望。我以为2011年在阿裕尼集选区败选后,警钟已响起。但大选至今,该发生的改变没有发生,我只能说我感到失望。”

缺乏议员和基层人员意见 政策与社会现实脱节

2011年5月的“分水岭大选”中,行动党虽然顺利蝉联执政,但史无前例地丢失一个集选区,总得票率从2006年大选时的66.6%降至60.14%,是1965年独立以来最低的。大选过后,行动党决心展开党内检讨,花了近七个月的时间,尝试找出问题根源。 在同一年11月的行动党大会上,包括殷吉星在内的新旧议员发表了演讲,而殷吉星当时的看法是,我国政府往往采用由上至下的方式制定政策,且多数是公务员按照资料和数据拟定的,缺乏国会议员和基层人员的意见,致使政策与社会现实脱节。他因此建议,行动党政府在国会推出新政策议案时,内容应呈“半生熟”状态,也就是不完全敲定政策细节,以让国会议员有更多时间充分辩论,改良政策内容。

“没考虑民心 白皮书制定者脱离现实”

政府这次宣布白皮书细节时,人在伊斯坦布尔开会的殷吉星看到报道时吓了一跳,因为他事先并不知道政策中包含这690万人口的数字。他之后发现,有好些后座议员也感到震惊。“我认为制定白皮书的人已脱离现实。他们没有考虑到民心。” 殷吉星认为,问题症结在于偏重依赖公务员的政策制定路线,因为公务员不管选择执行什么政策,都有办法呈现吸引人的论述,说服领导。他说:“我希望我们的部长能在制定政策过程中多挑战公务员。我不知道现在的程序如何,但目前的政策确实政治考量不够。”

“政府须正视有部分人民对政府已失去信任与信心”

虽然长期的检讨并没有为党作风带来显著的改变,但殷吉星仍保持乐观的态度。他指出,政府必须正视有部分人民对政府已失去信任与信心,而要挽回人民的心,就应承认错误,并努力解决眼前问题。 他说:“全国大选失利后,一些部长和党员仍认为仅是政策上出了错,没有正视民心流失的问题。若要赢回人民的信任与信心,我们唯一能做的是去真正改善人民的生活。如果大家感受不到生活有所改善,我想他们对行动党的看法将不会改变。”

虽然是执政党人民行动党议员,殷吉星在国会辩论中常不客气地批评政策,尤其积极为自己最关心的中小企业请命。上月初,朝野议员对《人口白皮书》展开激烈辩论时,殷吉星基于不满政策内容,大胆提出异议,其语锋之尖锐引起人民关注,一些人当时甚至认为这名资深后座议员“比反对党还要反对党”。然而,在发表内容普遍被赞为准确反映人民心声的演讲后,殷吉星(52岁)却在两天后国会针对《人口白皮书》动议进行记名投票前离席,没有参与投票,事件引发议论纷纷。在白皮书国会辩论告一段落后,殷吉星日前在公司会议室里首次接受记者黄伟曼的专访。在近一个半小时的访谈中,他自在从容地应对记者的每一个提问,几乎有问必答,惟独被询及投票缺席的原因时,他明确表示不予以回应,表达方式耐人寻味。

Guest Guest

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20130303-405968.html

Lift party whip for major policies: MP Inderjit Singh

The party whip should be removed when Parliament votes on major policies, veteran PAP MP Inderjit Singh told Lianhe Zaobao in an interview published on Sunday.

More MPs from the ruling party might have joined in last month's debate on the Population White Paper if this had happened, he added.

Even if the whip was lifted, he felt the amended motion, which makes clear that the 6.9 million population figure in 2030 is not a target and the Government is not deciding now on any specific population size for beyond 2020, would still have been passed.

The Ang Mo Kio GRC MP had rebuked the PAP's policy midjudgements in population growth during a parliamentary speech, but was among eight MPs absent during a vote on the amended motion three days later. The House passed the amended motion to endorse the White Paper with 77 ayes and 13 nays.

He told Zaobao:"A lot of people criticised me for not voting against the motion.

"I feel that this is an unreasonable criticism. Just because I didn't do so, they say I say one thing but do another.

"Moreover, the party whip wasn't removed, so everyone should know the outcome of the vote."

He pointed out that the opposition Workers' Party had also not lifted its whip during the vote, adding: "People must accept there's party discipline and rules on such matters."

In a previous interview with the Straits Times, he admitted he was in Parliament earlier on the day the vote was taken, but did not want to say if he had intentionally left the chamber before the vote.

Guest Guest

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20130303-405968.html

Lift party whip for major policies: MP Inderjit Singh

The party whip should be removed when Parliament votes on major policies, veteran PAP MP Inderjit Singh told Lianhe Zaobao in an interview published on Sunday.

More MPs from the ruling party might have joined in last month's debate on the Population White Paper if this had happened, he added.

Even if the whip was lifted, he felt the amended motion, which makes clear that the 6.9 million population figure in 2030 is not a target and the Government is not deciding now on any specific population size for beyond 2020, would still have been passed.

The Ang Mo Kio GRC MP had rebuked the PAP's policy midjudgements in population growth during a parliamentary speech, but was among eight MPs absent during a vote on the amended motion three days later. The House passed the amended motion to endorse the White Paper with 77 ayes and 13 nays.

He told Zaobao:"A lot of people criticised me for not voting against the motion.

"I feel that this is an unreasonable criticism. Just because I didn't do so, they say I say one thing but do another.

"Moreover, the party whip wasn't removed, so everyone should know the outcome of the vote."

He pointed out that the opposition Workers' Party had also not lifted its whip during the vote, adding: "People must accept there's party discipline and rules on such matters."

In a previous interview with the Straits Times, he admitted he was in Parliament earlier on the day the vote was taken, but did not want to say if he had intentionally left the chamber before the vote.

Regardless of Inderjit Singh's excuses, he decided not to vote against his Masters. This incident only served to strengthen my resolution to do my part to put more opposition MPs into Parliament.

Guest Guest

Demon choo and george yeo had separately during their rallies told people that they want to be their independent voice in parliament. Looking at what has happened, it is very doubtful about their claims of wanting to provide independent perspectives. Fortunately most of their voters were skeptical. 

Guest Guest

http://www.sgwritings.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=68421

他强调,议员通过国会辩论表明立场,向政府传达信息更为重要。 他指出,当议员16年来,一直都使用这样的方式与政府沟通,也知道政府需要时间改变。而这次,是他当议员16年来首次看到政府立即听了进去

殷吉星认为,政府这次推出《人口白皮书》,没有充分与民沟通,而在政策议案于国会推出之前,许多后座议员其实不清楚白皮书的内容,显然人民行动党政府在2011年全国大选输掉一个集选区后并未吸取教训。 他语重心长地说:“我很失望。我以为2011年在阿裕尼集选区败选后,警钟已响起。但大选至今,该发生的改变没有发生,我只能说我感到失望。”

而殷吉星当时的看法是,我国政府往往采用由上至下的方式制定政策,且多数是公务员按照资料和数据拟定的,缺乏国会议员和基层人员的意见,致使政策与社会现实脱节 .....

“没考虑民心 白皮书制定者脱离现实”

政府这次宣布白皮书细节时,人在伊斯坦布尔开会的殷吉星看到报道时吓了一跳,因为他事先并不知道政策中包含这690万人口的数字。他之后发现,有好些后座议员也感到震惊。“我认为制定白皮书的人已脱离现实。他们没有考虑到民心。”

“政府须正视有部分人民对政府已失去信任与信心”

.....政府必须正视有部分人民对政府已失去信任与信心,而要挽回人民的心,就应承认错误,并努力解决眼前问题。 他说:“全国大选失利后,一些部长和党员仍认为仅是政策上出了错,没有正视民心流失的问题。若要赢回人民的信任与信心,我们唯一能做的是去真正改善人民的生活。如果大家感受不到生活有所改善,我想他们对行动党的看法将不会改变。”

The Chinese version offers more.

This party is utterly disappointing

In all honesty, you're acting like a dick. Not a lot people will say but it's true.

You're like, a rebel without a cause. Unnecessarily rude and obnoxious.

im rude only to pple who are rude and obnoxious..  :) so if im rude to you, you know what that means

Guest Guest

SHIELD OF ANNOYnimity..

WAHAHAHAHAHA

uneducated old blokes...

You don't appear anymore educated or young............. bought any qualifications online again?  You claimed to graduate with honours..............real joker

Guest Guest

im rude only to pple who are rude and obnoxious..  :) so if im rude to you, you know what that means

REEEEEALLLLLYYYYYY??? You are only rude to pple "who are rude and obnoxious"? Just take a look at how you went out to bite "youngdoctor" below like a mad bitch, calling him an "uneducated old bloke", when he was actually speaking up for you:

SHIELD OF ANNOYnimity..

WAHAHAHAHAHA

uneducated old blokes...

Also have a look at how you go barking at Abang when he spoke about your Masters....

Salah.... I happened to live in an electoral ward that was won by Mr. Chiam See Tong for 28 years.

In fact, I have been supporting him and now, Mrs Chiam up to the 2011 Election since 1984.

Furthermore, I really find my current PAP MP disgusting..

I had shouting battles with him at his meet-the-people session..so, I cannot be a PAP man...

Never once in my life did my vote went to the "Lightning" clan.

I am sorry TS and I do know that we are very concerned about the omni-presence of foreigners here.

It is just a global trend of transmigration. Instead of "shutting ourselves inwards", we should embrace the really talented ones.

The increasing number of tourist arrivals means more income for the domestic economy.

We simply cannot depend on our local spending alone, even with the projected 6.9 million.

It is not good for our local currency without an influx of foreign spendings.

The job market, regardless of vocation and levels, should truly be based on merits.

The example of SQ is slanted as SIA just retrenched and terminated a bunch of foreign pilots.

(see:http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Business/Story/A1Story20130131-399168.html)

Of course, I dont have the figure whether or not, local pilots were laid off (anyone with real statistics?)

Senior citizens (aboe the age of 60) do enjoy discounted/concessionary transport fares during off-peak hours.

There are already hefty subsides available.

It is, therefore, incorrect to say nothing had been done.

Of course, more can be done to improve our standard of living.

By the way, I find it laughable that concert tickets were mentioned as one of the grievances.

Those tickets aint cheap.. so it is not BREAD and BUTTER issue, at all.

really? he's a nice guy.. and you are probably an asshole

You are nothing more than a rabid bitch running loose on this forum. STFU and FO.

Guest Guest

Please.. i have nothing against young doctor, but he landed a low blow by trying to "ANNOYNIMITY" me.. nuff said.. uneducated blokes

OMG! DO YOU KNOW HOW TO READ?? OR DO YOU REALLY NEED EVERYTHING CAPITALIZED AND HIGHLIGHTED FOR YOU???

youngdoctor " landed a low blow by trying to "ANNOYNIMITY" you???

SO MUCH FOR THAT "UNEDUCATED OLD BLOKE" TRYING TO SUPPORT YOU. YOU ARE REALLY THE PROVEN UNDISPUTED MAD BITCH OF THIS FORUM! GO AND READ HIS POST AGAIN!

AND YOU, THE RABID MAD BITCH OF THE FORUM, NOT ONLY BASHED HIM ONCE, BUT TWICE!!

SHIELD OF ANNOYnimity..

WAHAHAHAHAHA

uneducated old blokes...

not to mention poor

STFU AND BUZZ OFF, YOU BITCH!!!!

• Guest locked this topic