Male HQ

Personnal Health

Helo, it seems there are alot of food topics in here but there are something you all need to aware that is your health?

Why is it so?

As if you don have a healthy body how you going to have nice foods for your rest of your life.

I just want to share some information which i came across . Hope this will increase the awareness of yourself and people who are beside you include your parents and your friends too. If i got time, i will update some important information at here for BW memebers and some guest who are interested.It might come handy too

Part 1

The medical world has been fascinated with the immune system for centuries. Researchers have come up with thousands of over-the-counter and prescription products to help aid our battle against germs and diseases.

But they have yet to discover something that can actually stop bacteria and viruses in their tracks. What if the answer to preventing disease were right under our noses the whole time? Could our bodies already have the ability to produce the ultimate soldier to fight of free radicals, germs, and other infiltrators? Could this ultimate soldier also be the answer to other medical dilemmas such as aging and disease?

The answer is YES! Studies have shown that our bodies produce more than just white blood cells to protect our immune systems. The ultimate soldier is one most don't think of --- Protein. Known for years as a source of strength for both bones and muscle, protein is being studied as a key factor in building a strong immune system --- specifically, a protein called glutathione (GSH) and how to enhance glutathione with a breakthrough GSH enhancer.

What is Glutathione?

A protein naturally produced by the human body, glutathione protects each cell, tissue, and organ from disease, aging, and cancer. It is vital to the body, but it can't be synthetically produced. Glutathione consists of amino acids and is used by the cells as an antioxidant. Studies have shown that it plays a central role in the functioning of our immune cells, and that when glutathione levels are low, the cells' ability to fight of pathogens is severely diminished --- leaving the door wide open for disease. Although glutathione can only be made by the body, the ingredients in the GSH enhancer are formulated to encourage cells to produce more of it. Made mostly of cysteine and whey protiens, the GSH enhancer triggers cells to produce more glutathione which, in turn, builds up the immune system.

More Than Defense

Glutathione is also a building block for cell proteins and DNA constructions. It helps to maintain basic cell function, including the membrane and additional cell structures. Glutathione also plays an important role as the body's natural antioxidant, helping to prevent free radicals from entering cells and repairing the damage they cause. The GSH enhancer can help to increase glutathione production to fight off immune disease. Many of today's cancer-fighting and HIV-fighting drugs produce free radicals which deplete the glutathione levels. The GSH enhancer helps to fight these diseases because it helps to detoxify cells of free radicals, specifically at the site of inflamation.

The Fountain of Youth

Although fighting off diseases is one of its most important roles, the GSH enhancer may also be the answer to the elusive search for the fountain of youth. The degenerative changes associated with aging may be a result of reactions to free radicals produced during cellular metabolism. Free radical damage can occur during a lifetime of exposure to several sources of toxins, including pollution and certain medications. As we grow older, glutathione production begins to slow. As production decreases, the chemical structure of glutathione changes. Sometimes this structure change leaves deposits on the lens of the eye, creating cataracts. By keeping these levels normal as we grow older, we may not only be able to prevent cataracts, but also defy aging since both are related to the depletion of GSH in cells.

Producing Glutathione

With its role as an antioxidant, and immune system booster, glutathione allows the body to function to its full potential. And with the help of products like the GSH enhancer, we can all protect ourselves from the toxins that harm us everyday.

A GSH enhancer helps your immune system fight against :-

CANCER, DIABETES,ARTHRITIS, ALZHEIMER'S, PARKINSON'S, MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, NEURODEGENERATIVE DISEASES, MENOPAUSE, SINUS PROBLEMS and THE COMMON COLD.

258yvky.jpg

Part 2

This time i want to talk about is high blood pressure as my family got this disorder from generation to generation and now under control. So just want to share this piece of info that i think is useful for all.

HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE / HYPERTENSION

High blood pressure is a malfunction of one of the systems in the Human body. It is usually caused by two main factors.

The first is blockage and the other is food. This system allows movement within a moving body, that is while the body can move about freely, the blood is moving through the body in a network of vessels. Blockage is caused by restriction inside the vessels which restrict the flow of blood caused by plaque, fat etc...

The most common treatment is to thin the blood by drugs and so on, the question here is after the blood is thinned and the pressure reached, has the problem been solved? NO! If the blockage is caused by plaque, the question should be, where did the plaque come from?

Decreasing the blood pressure by thinning will lead to many more malfunctions in the body's systems. Because when the blood is thinner it will carry less Oxygen. Oxygen which is needed by all the different organs and parts of the body. Imagine that your car running on a 12V power supply normally, and you reduce it to 9Volts, try operating your power window.

That is how the different organs will function, therefore reducing the efficiency of the individual function of each organ. It is a matter of time before the the next malfunction will appear. It will depend on which organ that is required to do it's job more. Lets take the Kidney, it is suppose to process, breakdown and eliminate certain foods.

Therefore if one continues to consume foods that require the kidney to work, and working with reduced oxygen, it will be the next organ to fail and then lead to kidney failure,--- then the next dose of medication will be introduced and it will lead to the next story. So the story goes on and that is why we have so many malfunctions to take care of, not enough medications for the problems we have created.

258yvky.jpg

Part 3

Hmm.. these might be some guys or gals problem... dandruff... why? As no matter how good looking you are or nice your clothing are. But when people notice you got dandruff.

Wat is their response? feel like avoiding right? Well, hope those guy/gals got this problem spent sometimes to read and understand more about it and do the necessary action.

Dandruff & Stress

Dandruff, or seborrheic dermatitis, can indeed increase with stress -- regardless of whether the stress is caused by a negative event, such as losing a job, or a positive one like getting married. The good news is that dandruff responds readily to treatment, and with a little attention, it's easy to keep it under control, regardless of your stress level.

Dandruff is a scaling of the scalp that results in visible flakes of skin, especially along the hairline. Sometimes dandruff is confused with dry skin (flaking caused by peeling sunburn on the scalp), or psoriasis, a chronic skin disease that causes fairly prominent scaling. If you suspect your problem may be something other than ordinary dandruff, check with your doctor before you try to treat it.

Surprisingly, even though dandruff is extremely common, we really don't know what causes it. Nor has a cure been found. We're also unsure of how exactly stress can make dandruff worse. But don't fret; current treatments are extremely effective.

I'd recommend using a dandruff shampoo containing the active ingredient pyrithione zinc (such as Head and Shoulders, Denorex, or Pert Plus Dandruff Shampoo). Other such shampoos (for example, Selsun Blue) contain the active ingredient selenium sulfide, which is equally effective but can be more irritating to the skin.

Apply the shampoo twice a week and be sure to leave it in your hair for 3 to 5 minutes before rinsing to allow the active ingredients time to work. I recommend using an egg timer, because most people underestimate the waiting time.

Don't stop using the shampoo when the dandruff clears up. You'll need to continue using it twice a week to suppress the flaking.

Dandruff occasionally requires a prescription treatment, so if you find your case does not respond to the shampoos after a few weeks, visit your primary-care doctor or dermatologist.

Finally, don't feel embarrassed -- almost everyone experiences dandruff to some degree. If stress is a big problem in your life, talk to your physician about counseling or other activities to take the edge off, like exercise or meditation. Maybe these pursuits will help your scalp, too.

258yvky.jpg

Looks like there are people spending some time reading on my posting. Today just post this important trips for all BW guys and guest who are interested on health.

Part 4

HOW TO BE AND REMAIN HEALTHY

Since the beginning of time, the Organs in the Human Body remained the same in look and function, the changes are the type of food they have to process. So to be healthy and remain healthy, one must follow the Five Basic Rules, and supply the organs with the necessary elements to protect, repair and regenerate. Following are the rules, otherwise you may not be sick now, it is only when? The way to be healthy is, what to eat? when to eat? and how to eat?

General Maintenance

Five basic steps

1. Avoid all Foods cooked from the Microwave.

2. Increase the Intake of Fruits and Vegetables.

3. Avoid Oily and Salty Foods(If possible)

4. Avoid the following combinations when preparing or consuming food,

OIL + HEAT + STARCH ( to prevent the LIVER from producing unnatural cholesterol )

5. Avoid ALL Land Animal Protein. ( those from water- like fish, prawn, crab, and so on is OK )

6. If possible, do not go to fast food restaurant too often.

To be continue.....

258yvky.jpg

... back to here...

In a normal human health diet, it is breakdown into some parts:

Water 50%

Food(meat) 30%

Vegetables 25%

Fruits 5%

Let's focus on the topics on Foods, vegetables and fruits

Session A

Foods(Meat)

There are alot of kinds of foods that we can eat but i just want to talk about a few common kinds of foods that we consume daily.

1) Eggs

Eggs are compact little bundles of nutrients essential for the growth of the embryos they contain. Man can use them to give him vitality too.

Note:

Eggs should not be eaten by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol and those prone to catarrh, sputum, phlegm or mucus. They are mucus forming and because of their rich protein content, difficult to digestion.

Why some vegetarians still consume eggs?

Vegetarians who use chicken eggs as a protein source should cook them in the manner to aid digestion

Then how much eggs we should take?

One large egg is enough for 1 person per meal

2 to 3 large eggs per week is sufficient due to the body cannot cope more than 3 eggs especially for working adults like us, have a sluggish metabolism.

******to be continue*******

**For those readers who read my posting, if you got enquires do kindly pm me and i will reply you asap. **

258yvky.jpg

Guest Guest
I just want to share some information which i came across .

Sky, if you are cutting and pasting from some other websites, it is only polite to list them down. Just my two cents thought.

I just want to share some information which i came across .

Sky, if you are cutting and pasting from some other websites, it is only polite to list them down. Just my two cents thought.

Well, i don know wat you trying to fork out from me.

But from my view, i think health is priceless and if you sick, it is costly and depend on the illness itself.

For your info, i spend hours to type words by words to let readers to understand it well. If you are unhappy with me on sharing this matter, i suggest you that don read loh.

I don force you to read this topic, and i am not a salesman who want to sell anything in here.

That all...

Back to the topic.

if you not happy with my reply, pls don disturb as there are many readers want to know their health.

258yvky.jpg

Guest Caught with pants down

Plagiarism (from Latin plagiare "to kidnap") is the practice of claiming, or implying, original authorship or incorporating material from someone else's written or creative work, in whole or in part, into ones own without adequate acknowledgment. Unlike cases of forgery, in which the authenticity of the writing, document, or some other kind of object, itself is in question, plagiarism is concerned with the issue of false attribution.

The above is quoted from Wikipedia.

Sky, I ask you nicely if you are getting your information from some other websites, it is only polite to quote them.

You said you type your postings "words for words" implying that your postings is original. It is not. You cut and paste from some other websites.

Your glutathione posting is copied from an article promoting Immunocal a health supplement product. http://www.internetads.com.sg/imm1.htm

You wrote about High blood pressure/hypertension. You copied it word for word from this article. http://www.internetads.com.sg/concept3.htm

You wrote about Dandruff & Stress. You copied it word for word from this article. http://www.hair-loss-central.com/Library/dandruff.html

You wrote about HOW TO BE AND REMAIN HEALTHY. You copied it from this article. http://www.internetads.com.sg/concept8.htm

Sky, unless you are the original poster of the articles of all the websites I had referenced, I think you owe us an apology.

I requested you politely to cite which website you are copying from and you act like yah yah lor claiming "i spend hours to type words by words." I think you spend two minutes cutting and pasting. Do you realised it took me only 10 seconds to find out where you are copying your postings from. If I can do it, others can as well.

A wise man ( :lol: ) once said, "smart is good enough, don't pretend to be too smart." :)

.....continue from 4a

2) Fish

The chinese regard fish as the second most important source of protein after tofu and other soyabean products and fish contains minerals like iodine that are lacking in land plants.

For those guys who wish to lose or maintain their weight should go for a grain, legume, pulse, vegetable and fish diet. Scientists had discovered that oily fish contain a special polyunsaturated fatty acid, called docosahexaenoic acid, essential for brain functions. Oily fish also conains another polyunsaturated fatty acid called eicosapentaenoic acid(EPA) which helps prevent blood clots.

But many people avoid fish due to their fishy odours.If the fish is fresh, the odours is hardly noticeable. In Singapore, the fish is very fresh, but not as fresh as that sold in Hong Kong, where you can choose live fish from tanks of fresh or salt water.

How many fish we should eat daily or weekly?

For me, if possible try to eat 1 fish daily but not fired or from fast food as the nutrients from the fish will be drain off.

..... to be continue....

I need to thanks all of you spent some time on reading this topic, and there are guys who did pm me on particular issue.

Hope you all are happy with my answer and reason given to you. For those pm that i havent reply, pls forgive me as i also got my work to do and etc.. just bear with me for awhile and i will reply you asap.

Enjoy reading...

:D

258yvky.jpg

Dear Sky and all,

I think we should address what guests have written.

Firstly, i think Skys' effort of raising our health awareness should be applauded.

:) (must admit that i havent read all yet, haha).

Secondly, i think guest is rite about acknowledging sources of ur info. esp if u quote directly from somewhere.

Dear Sky and all,

I think we should address what guests have written.

Firstly, i think Skys' effort of raising our health awareness should be applauded.

:) (must admit that i havent read all yet, haha).

Secondly, i think guest is rite about acknowledging sources of ur info. esp if u quote directly from somewhere.

To tokyo: Nice to hear a reply from you. Well, it may come handy when you need it. don u think so?

Anyway, like i say in my past posting, i just want to share some info, that is my own style, i will post the important link in the end of the topic.

And i don think i own any apology to any1, since when i say these info is original from me? Haha

For your info, i m not a doctor, not a saleman or in the medical field. But i did try find out and do some test by myself to prove it is real or not. Do you dare to try to find out? or you just want to find out my source? Wat do you do after you find the source?

Anyway, that is your problem. That is not mine. For me, i will spend sometime explore this health matter and aid those who need help like those chubby who worry that they might got some disorders or disease when the time goes down.

Life is priceless,don you think so?

back to the topic.

258yvky.jpg

Guest Learn from this

Wah lau eh Sky, you really got no shame leh.

First I ask you politely, to cite the websites you copied your info from and you said you "spend hours typing words by words [sic]" your postings. You are lying. You cut and paste from other people's articles from other websites. And you never acknowledge the original author for what you blatantly copied and try to pass off as your own.

The problem is you are pretending to be something you are not. Even after Cougar and Hawuliao complimented you for your knowledge, you should have told us these are not your own postings.

Now you tell us you will acknowledge the original web links at the end of the topic. Why can't you say that when I first question you where you get your info? Why must you wait until I search and finally expose you as a simple "cutter and paster" before you confess you are not the original author of these articles?

Many old timers here as well as I can recalled many of your earlier postings. Plainly speaking, you do not write very well. So when we see postings supposedly made by you that is grammatically error-free and syntax all in place, and on a complicated subject like "glutathione", we suspect IT IS JUST NOT YOU. I think many people know from the beginning you are not the original author of your postings. Many people know how you write and you just don't write like that. Lor. :)

It is ok to copy and paste content from the www here or in other forums. But it is polite and good netiquette to cite or acknowledge where you get the information from. Don't pretend that it is your own research and you spend hours typing them words for words when you did not do that.

Two things can happen from this. You can get angry and upset that you have been exposed and continue to protest your innocence, or you can learn from this episode and become a better netizen/forummer with greater integrity.

You make the choice.

Guest fm am

Scary to think about the recent spates of news about contaminated food source not just from China but also in America.

'According to the latest report from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over 600 people in 47 states are reported to have been infected from eating certain brands of peanut butter contaminated with the Tennessee strain of Salmonella since 1st August 2006.

None of the people affected by this outbreak has died.

The update to the situation is reported in today's issue of the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR).

Following an investigation that begain in November 2006, Salmonella Tennessee was found to be present in jars of Peter Pan or Great Value peanut butter with a product code beginning with 2111.'

To think that I used to spread my bread with Peter Pan peanut butter (which I couldnt find in the stores now). Hmm... now I know why.

Wow.... I am not here for somettime and i realise that this place have grown. Thanks sky for bringing to us attention of the health hazzards we might face in our daily life and activities.

And for this episode of Plagiarism... I did mentioned that it would be nice to mark down the refernce of information. But "Plagiarism" is a word too heavy to use.

Firstly, this is not an exam, but rather sharing of information. Secondly, Sky did not claim that he is the originator of this passage, I would assume that there isn't a credit to be able to measure in terms of financial ( or any type of) gain.

For your info, i spend hours to type words by words to let readers to understand it well.

From the above sentence, I think Sky may have saw the article on print and hence he had to type out everything by hand, not relieasing that there is reference to it on the net. Els, he would have an easier job.

I know Guest is concern about copying other people's work, But I think Sky did explain that he is not in this profession. We all are not. But thanks to Guest for telling us that the article maybe found in some other website. I guess this whole episode is too long, so Sky wanna finish everything and mark the reference at the end of it only (as usual practise by some publication)

Face it. This is a era where information travels in the speed of light. What maybe a passage in a book, could very well be on the internet, the next moment (I see how people type out the whole Harry Potter and transalte it, I was so awe).

Why don't we all appreciate this place, these friends instead and focus on making our lifestyle healthier and better ?

Cheers :)

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

Final part

In this part, I will list some fruits that are important and useful in our daily life. Hope this information comes hardly when you are sick? Enjoy reading.

Pear: Good for stomach or lung heat like dry throat, dry mouth, bad

breath, mouth ulcers.

Pear is unsutiable for those with weak constitutions, cooled

blood systems or tendencies towards them

Grapes: Good for constipation sufferers because of their high fibre

content. Red/Black varieties contain iron so they are appropriate

for anaemics.

Grapes are unsuitable for people who suffer from loose stools

and diarrhoea

Guavas: Good for people who suffered from flu due to they had rich in

vitamin C and inexpensive.

Papaya: Good for consitpation and digestion due to papaya contain an

enzyme called papain found in the white sap on the skin.

Mandarins Orange: Good for digestion

Mandarins oranges are unsuitable for people with weak

constitutions, cooled blood system or tendencies towards them.

Thanks for spending sometime on reading my small topic about health. Hope these information comes handy in your life. If you need any kinds of help or question about health matters. do feel free to post your problems in this forum and i will try to help out if it is within my limit.

For Reference:

Raw Food Therapy(The first few sections information i quote it from here.)

Shirleys-wellness-cafe

Recommended Books:

Butt,Gary and Bloomfield, Frea, The Chinese Wat of Health through Food; Harmony Rules, Arrow Books

Davies, Dr Stephen and Stewart, Dr Alan, Nutritional Medicine, The drug-free guide to better family health, Pan Books.

East West, The Journal of Natural Health and Living, Kushi Foundation Inc.

Laver, Mary and Smith, Margaret, Diet for Life, A Cookbook for Arthritis, Pan Books

To guest: I don know you are interested in my source but my style is my reference is always at the end of the topic.

You can get angry and upset that you have been exposed and continue to protest your innocence,

And why i should angry or protest over a topic??? I think you do not read my reply in my past posting:

And i don think i own any apology to any1, since when i say these info is original from me? Haha

from skylancer

Like Asura said, I am not writing an exam but i do need sometime to read and think whether this information is useful or not.

To Mod: i request this topic to close, no particular reason, just that i will be busy on my work from next week onwards. Thanks.

258yvky.jpg

Guest Final word
To guest: I don know you are interested in my source but my style is my reference is always at the end of the topic.

I don't understand you. I ask you very nicely in the beginning to quote your source. You never mention you are going to do it at the end of your topic but insisted you "spend hours typing words by words" on your posting giving us the impression you were the original author. Your are not.

Almost all the initial posts made by sky are cut and paste from this website. http://www.internetads.com.sg/healthmenu.htm

Go through the sections and you will find where he copied it from.

Sky, no one is doubting your good intentions to spread the knowledge of healthy foods. But the way you made your initial postings gave people the impression you are an "expert." When questioned about you source, you were evasive and not upfront. That was a mistake.

Asura will agree with me it is good karma to share knowledge with other people to help them. I do it all the time in other topics. But I think it is good netiquette and polite to always cite and reference the original authors to give them due credit.

No hard feelings. Let us all learn from this episode to make this forum a better place to share what we had discovered. :thumb: