Male HQ

Nike's New Pro-Lgbt #betrue Collection

HendryTan

Store : http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pw/betrue-collection/cfp

Personally I like the colourful design :)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Nike's New Pro-LGBT #BeTrue Collection

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fashion/nike-betrue-collection-061213

By Jonathan Evans

esq-nike-betrue-061213-xlg.jpg

Well, this is awesome. Nike just expanded the #BeTrue collection they launched on a geo-specific basis last year with a new run of product that's for sale online, which means it's available to the whole wide world (instead of just Portland, NYC, and San Francisco). Profits from the sale of the collection will be donated to the LGBT Sports Coalition, with the aim of ending discrimination in the athletic world.

The release is perfectly timed, being that it's Gay Pride Month, of course, but also because it hits in the wake of the publicity surrounding athletes like Robbie Rogers and Jason Collins coming out recently. (Collins, by the way, may actually be teaming with Nike on the campaign.) And we've got to commend Nike for not being shy about — and please excuse the facile sports metaphor here — stepping up to the plate and actually taking a stand in support of the LGBT community. It's admirable, and if they want to be on the right side of history, more big companies should do the same.

Oh, and there's also the fact that, as long as you're on-board with some color — OK, a lot of color — the shoes included in the collection are pretty damn cool. A rainbow-themed version of the label's modern-classic Free 5.0, they're finished with a black-on-black tribal print overlay that, actually, tones things down a bit. The sandals? Well, those are just bright. But when you're declaring your allegiance to a good cause, what's wrong with standing out and being noticed?

esq-02-nike-betrue-061213-xlg.jpg

i dont mind the shoes, really nice, but only from the back lol, the white sole spoil the entire thing

Edited by zwei

Fattie bom bom walk down the street

Guest Guest

Targeting PLU is now a trend? Lady Gaga basically build a career out of the LGbT community. I sometimes question the need for products like these. Feet of gays are different from straights?

i am now convinced gstc is making trouble. a man like should know what is niche marketing.

• Guest locked this topic