Male HQ

Useful Or "cool" Online Tools For Frequent Travelers.

Enelym1978

For those of you who travel frequently, like me, there are two websites that I use quite heavily to help me keep an eye on my trips, my frequent flyer accounts and other hotel loyalty clubs.

TripIt Pro:

http://www.tripit.com

I use the Pro version, it's still reasonably priced and it gives me a good overview of all my trips. The Pro version allows me to monitor my flights, I would get SMS and emails every time there is a flight delay or cancellation. Sometimes I would get the alert even before it is announced at the airport. Happened to me once on a red-eye flight from Delhi to Singapore...

TripIt also allows a tracking of your airline and hotel loyalty club miles/points, monitoring the expiration dates if there are any. Quite useful when you don't want to suddenly lose tens of thousands of miles just because you forgot to redeem them.

It also allows a calendar integration, if you want to.

Very easy to use. Just forward all your flight and hotel confirmation emails to TripIt and it will build the trip for you.
Combine the website with the App and it's a nice little travel companion.

Flight Diary

http://http://flightdiary.net/

This is more of a fun tool. Basically it gathers your trip history and builds a database out of it. Pie charts, maps, and fun stats. Just to look back to your travels.

w227617301.png

w227617300.png

Curious and open to see if there are any other sites or tools out there :)

Let's share.

Thanks for the tip,  I'll be trying Tripit Pro . I don't have that extensive travel yet but it would surely help me monitor my hotel and airline loyalty points or rewards.

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

I tried the free TripIt version and was not impressed at all. Whenever I had two identical back-to-back trips e.g. SIN-NRT-SIN in July and again in August with the same flight numbers, it assumed that I had made a mistake and forced me to pick one or the other. And I if I swapped flights and kept the original return for later, it would get confused and I would end up having a neverending trip. Maybe the Pro version is better, but the poor performance of the free version discouraged me from trying out the paid version. Anyway, I don't have many loyalty schemes to keep track of.

Flightdiary is fun! There are also competing services such as Flightmemory and OpenFlights. I love the statistics. I'm a bit of a geek, so I even have my own Excel file and also generate statistics there.

Another site I use quite often is SeatGuru.

I tried the free TripIt version and was not impressed at all. Whenever I had two identical back-to-back trips e.g. SIN-NRT-SIN in July and again in August with the same flight numbers, it assumed that I had made a mistake and forced me to pick one or the other. And I if I swapped flights and kept the original return for later, it would get confused and I would end up having a neverending trip. Maybe the Pro version is better, but the poor performance of the free version discouraged me from trying out the paid version. Anyway, I don't have many loyalty schemes to keep track of.

Flightdiary is fun! There are also competing services such as Flightmemory and OpenFlights. I love the statistics. I'm a bit of a geek, so I even have my own Excel file and also generate statistics there.

Another site I use quite often is SeatGuru.

Oh really? Never had a problem with the free version before. Since your two trips are not back to back, there should be no problem at all. The only issue is when your trip A ends the same day as your Trip B. But even then, it should not be an issue.

How did you build that trip? Forward your confirmation emails? Or manually?

I used to be on FlightMemory but it's not as user friendly as FlightDiary :) And the maps are not fun on FlightMemory. Never tried OpenFlights.

SeatGuru is good for picking seats, better than the airlines' own maps haha. On SQ for example, you pick a seat which is not above the wing (I like to see down) but when you are actually on the plane, you're smack in the middle of the wing haha.

Oh really? Never had a problem with the free version before. Since your two trips are not back to back, there should be no problem at all. The only issue is when your trip A ends the same day as your Trip B. But even then, it should not be an issue.

How did you build that trip? Forward your confirmation emails? Or manually?

I used to be on FlightMemory but it's not as user friendly as FlightDiary :) And the maps are not fun on FlightMemory. Never tried OpenFlights.

SeatGuru is good for picking seats, better than the airlines' own maps haha. On SQ for example, you pick a seat which is not above the wing (I like to see down) but when you are actually on the plane, you're smack in the middle of the wing haha.

No, the two trips were separated by several days. Yup, I built the trip by forwarding the confirmation emails. After that, when I logged in, TripIt prompted me that there was a conflict and required me to choose one of the dates as the correct one.

OpenFlights.org is quite nice as it has more statistical filters (e.g. rank by miles or sectors). Plus, you can also use it as a tool to get some idea of the nonstop options available between any city pair. From there you can go to the airlines' sites to figure out if a particular flight is bookable. Each of those sites has its relative strengths and disadvantages, so I end up using all three. :)

I use SeatGuru mostly to avoid windowless rows.

Guest orangedew

Mapswithme!

For those who like to venture your own or back pack! This provides an offline map! Uses GPS to show your current location!

But do remember to dl your country map before you travel!

Great app since now google map can no longer provide offline maps. Especially when u have no wifi or 3G network avail.

Yeah I just cannot stand those boxes. But some make absolutely no sense, like when I was on Scoot and for some strange reason they have entertainment boxes too, for what I don't know. But seatguru isn't always up to date so there's still this very exciting element of chance!

• 10 months later...

Wondering how many encountered the longest flight delay before? I mean those commercial flight and not those budget airline. So far i encountered flight delay for abt 6 hrs, really pissed me off and waste almost 1 full day of my time!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.