Male HQ

Do You Feel Sad When You Are About To Move On To The Next Stage Of Life?

Guest guest

Guest guest

Events such as graduation, overseas studies, etc etc. I thought I have grown up, but everytime when the time comes, I feel extremely sad. The feeling is almost similar to breaking up with someone you really love. All the memories start to reappear in my mind like crazy. I really miss them. Really.. really.. everyone move on and lead separate ways after that.. do everyone feel this way? How do I stop feeling this way? Help!

Guest Raiden Alpha

缘生缘灭还自在。

The mind and heart must be tame and control.

In life we seek moderation to achieve balance in spirit & soul.

Holding on too much is actually obsession.

Memories & feelings can actually be heavy chains and shackles that hurt us. No one can actually tell others how to deal with it best. I believe the heart need to be tame in order for one to be at peace.

Only when we're about to lose something do we learn to appreciate it. That said, believe in the bonds that you and your friends have forged over the years. I'm still friends with some of my secondary school mates; more so than my poly friends, haha.

No feeling.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Changing

I do during school days when classmates friendship is so closely bonded. However, in working life is a different stories. I leave with no regret and mostly, never look back.

Guest guest

Thanks raiden, I really like what u wrote.

To the guest above, dont suka suka assume okay. Graduated from poly long ago.

Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happiness would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness” Carl Jung

Feeling sad because of unexpected or challenging life events is not unusual or unreasonable. Indeed, there are a huge array of life experiences, both major and minor, which can lead us to feel sad.It is a common emotion and one which should be acknowledged and respected – a good cry is sometimes just what you need to acknowledge your emotions and relieve yourself of your sad feelings.

I just got this from the net but I surely hope you are not cliniclly depressed or if you have trouble sleeping, is late at work , you do not want to get up in the morning, no appetite, etc. I've experienced this one too and was diagnosed as clinically depressed before. Funny thing was, the one who saw the symptoms was my ex-boss (thanks to him) and he asked help from our HR for me to get an appointment with a psych/doctor in IMH. I was given medications and counselling. Hope this helps.

When Does Grief and Sadness Cross into Depression?

Grief and bereavement often only last a few months. Clinically speaking, psychologists and counsellors suggest that intense feelings of grief after the death of a loved one should only last approximately two months. Of course, every person has their own course and time frame for the grieving process and many people will continue to feel sad every time they think about a lost loved one, for the rest of their lives. Certainly however, if you are having difficulty overcoming extreme feelings of grief after an extended period of time, you may be suffering from depression.

Another factor which may suggest that your grief has flowed into clinical depression is when your grief continues to impact on your functionality in the world. If, after a couple of months, you are still not eating properly, still having trouble sleeping, still finding it difficult to work or enjoy the company of your friends, then you may be depressed. Depression will also often induce feelings of worthlessness and suicidal ideation. If this becomes the case, then serious concerns should be raised about the possibility of an episode of clinical depression that has resulted from unrelenting sadness and grief.

Edited by riverrobles

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

I actually thought it's common to feel that way. Just that not many gets very affected by it i guess, at least not so much to seek for help xD

When I got out of Secondary school, I didn't actually feel anything at all. It felt like a place I didn't fit in after all so I was darn happy about leaving that place.

In fact, I pinned my hope and expectations on the future and buried my past. I don't even remember much about life back then.

However my life turned out to be really enjoyable and great after that, so I had a change of mind.

After my graduation and subsequently my ORD from army, it will be a lie if I say I don't miss the people, even people whom I deemed an eyesore became quite memorable.

It was only then I felt that "I really hope things stay like this forever." That was probably because I'm always worried that such good times will end, so much that I started having doubts in my future. Can I be as happy as I am now? Can I meet people as great as them now? Will everyone eventually stop meeting?

So there was a stark contrast in my thought.

Eventually people moves on and most importantly, people changes. It is how we face the future that matters. We shouldn't get tied by the past, be it good or bad.

Always strive to make your next phase in life as good as your previous one, or even better. It will be hard to do so if you keep clinging on to your old friends and is not so proactive in making new ones. Holding on to old memories is not bad, but it should not be excessive. Because eventually you'll find that everyone have moved on, and you guys will start to have different topics and different friends. No matter how hard you tried, it will not be the exact same feeling as back then. Then why make yourself the only one who is suffering with these? The friendships for cliques may change, to diminish or to be even better. But it WILL change. (But aiya of course some of you can remain as friends, if all are committed to one another as friends)

I always feel that it is enough if i have fulfilled my role as a good friend during the period of time when I know them. After that, it doesn't matter whether or not we are still friends. (As long as we are not enemies of course. I don't like to end things on a bad note) We really cannot help it if we are in totally different environments all the time, so friends are bound to drift. Just let nature takes its course. What made me happy will be the gathering once in a while to see that everybody is doing well. 

When your new phase in life start, then BAMMMM you will eventually carry on. Time is amazing in this way. 

Edited by Slynn

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all"

• Guest locked this topic